Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: I Kissed a Girl

• Start Topic

Whitney runs into a friend from high school and accepts an invite to go horseback riding, but by the time she realizes she's on a romantic date, there's no turning back; Babs plans a bombshell of a surprise for Glenn on their wedding anniversary.

LOVE LOVE LOVE that they have the mid-day DJ filling in for LauRen and didn't even ASK poor Twit. It seriously made me happier than I should be comfortable admitting. And when LarRen gets BACK from maternity leave... just what does she think she's going to have a chance at at that point? And the waddling down in the black dress and bad (or maybe no?) bra... 

Agree with you @leighroda - I admit to being old and boring but this "clurb" BS... We're gonna need a group go fund me. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, leighroda said:

If Whitney says "clurb" one more time I'm going to have to start a go fund me for a new tv as I will have either thrown something at it, or thrown it out the window... maybe both.

omg yes!!!!! what they heck is that about! no one talks like that! she even said jelly the other day in one of her posts.  ugh learn to speak!

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, leighroda said:

If Whitney says "clurb" one more time I'm going to have to start a go fund me for a new tv as I will have either thrown something at it, or thrown it out the window... maybe both.

I thought it was the name of the establishment. I kept looking for signs that said, "Clurb," but the sign said "Limelight" or something. Jeez. 

Whit - nothing like being the big girl at the gay club. You're not exactly forging new territory here.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Maggienolia said:

LOVE LOVE LOVE that they have the mid-day DJ filling in for LauRen and didn't even ASK poor Twit. It seriously made me happier than I should be comfortable admitting. And when LarRen gets BACK from maternity leave... just what does she think she's going to have a chance at at that point? And the waddling down in the black dress and bad (or maybe no?) bra... 

Agree with you @leighroda - I admit to being old and boring but this "clurb" BS... We're gonna need a group go fund me. 

Twit did do one radio show in nov. (Plus the call in with Hillary Clinton that they just showed a preview for, although Whitney was not on the air for that and didn't get to ask the pant suit question - I was listening to the podcast.)  LauRen was on maternity leave for 3 mos too.  Riley was there most of the time.  I think she just now left the radio station too.  I love how choppy this episode is.  The dance battle was October 22.  Hillary calls into the radio station on election day.

Someone on another board said that the radio shows Whitney films for are not actually aired-that they're just for the benefit of the TV show. That would make sense for the Jiya plotline and how she just happened to be listening on the random day Whitney was in the studio and called in for the dance battle. 

I really wish one of the show people would do an AMA. The one the camera guy did for Teen Mom 2 was awesome. 

• Love 6

Oooohhh shit!!! Whitney is gonna bust out drum sticks during her battle!!! Word son??? You're gonna kill em Whitney. Sticks. Not choreography, sticks! Ok yeah. That'll learn her.

How did Micheal Jackson never think to use sticks?

• Love 13
(edited)

Whitney really is looking like she has lost some weight.  And we aren't seeing the compulsive eating they showed last year.  Hmmm, hope we get a look at the floor of her car!

ETA:  I can't believe how scared she is on that poor horse. She was going so slow!!!  Poor horse.

Edited by riverblue22
4 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Someone on another board said that the radio shows Whitney films for are not actually aired-that they're just for the benefit of the TV show. That would make sense for the Jiya plotline and how she just happened to be listening on the random day Whitney was in the studio and called in for the dance battle. 

I really wish one of the show people would do an AMA. The one the camera guy did for Teen Mom 2 was awesome. 

I think most of them are not on actual air.  I watch their facebook live for that labor pain thing and there was a camera guy there and Lauren made a comment about the text from whit's crew they were stuck in traffic.  The part with Hillary was on air, and the one radio show that Whitney was actually filing in for, but I think the majority of them are done off air.  It is all for the tv show.  I can't wait to see what they say tomorrow on the MRL show. Maney has been tweeting up a storm lol

5 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

Whitney really is looking like she has lost some weight.  And we aren't seeing the compulsive eating they showed last year.  Hmmm, hope we get a look at the floor of her car!

I think she told them not to film her eating. Even when she was out to "lunch" with Roy all she had as a fruit cup.  I bet she is still doing that not eating all day until 3-4 p.m. like she said she did when she went back to Will.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, AmyB said:

The part with Hillary was on air, and the one radio show that Whitney was actually filing in for, but I think the majority of them are done off air.  It is all for the tv show.  I can't wait to see what they say tomorrow on the MRL show. Maney has been tweeting up a storm lol

Was she actually there for the live-Hilary call or was what we saw tonight a recreation of that call with Whitney edited in to make it look like she was there? Man, I trust nothing. :-)

I am just now getting to the part with the horse. Poor damn horses. I swear, I'd rather see Whitney fall on her ass and have to be rushed to the hospital than to see a horse injured in ANY way. 

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

ETA:  I can't believe how scared she is on that poor horse. She was going so slow!!!  Poor horse.

I am with @AmyB I think when Whit signed her contract for this season she limited the amount of eating scenes. Notice the few times we've seen her eating, it's been stuff like fruits and vegetables. I don't think she's eating better, I think she's just prohibiting them from filming the bad. 

I am glad she wasn't trotting or, good Lord, trying to send it into a canter. I don't think the poor thing could've taken it. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Was she actually there for the live-Hilary call or was what we saw tonight a recreation of that call with Whitney edited in to make it look like she was there? Man, I trust nothing. :-)

I am just now getting to the part with the horse. Poor damn horses. I swear, I'd rather see Whitney fall on her ass and have to be rushed to the hospital than to see a horse injured in ANY way. 

As far as I can tell she was there.  That segment is on the podcast.  I have noticed that some things get taken out but others have stayed in.  But I don't think she was at the radio station much and in their facebook live someone asked if she was still there and they said no. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Dot said:

Oh, puh-leeeze. As a lesbian myself, I can EMPHATICALLY confirm that someone who looks like Amanda would NEVER be attracted to someone who looks like Twit. This plot arc is as insulting as treating gay people like zoo animals in an earlier show.

A non lesbian here but, as a woman who frequently develops girl crushes and has no qualms checking out beautiful women, I can confirm that I have never been turned on by Whitney. 

• Love 15

Oh my gosh,  I thought Clurb was the name of the establishment.  OK, we had the pregnancy scare, the fake radio job and non romance, the jealousy over Lenny, the dance battle and now the forbidden fruit romance. I think the TLC producers start the season by writing down a whole bunch of ideas on a big dry erase board and mark them off as they go along. Fake fake fake.

• Love 21
14 minutes ago, Dot said:

Oh, puh-leeeze. As a lesbian myself, I can EMPHATICALLY confirm that someone who looks like Amanda would NEVER be attracted to someone who looks like Twit. This plot arc is as insulting as treating gay people like zoo animals in an earlier show.

EHHHHH.......

A friend of mine, gorgeous marathoner, Ironman, physique competitor in graduate school  was with a big girl when I met her. I mean not anywhere near Whit's size but she was a big girl. Another friend of mine, stick thin lesbian, very attractive is with a big girl as well, both in graduate school. Again, not anywhere near Whit size but absolutely fat by conventional standards.

Actually I know several lesbian couples know that I think about it with big size discrepancies. I can think of even one gay couple I know, he is honestly hot as hell, young, smart, educated, well spoken, funny, fit and his husband is I think 15 years his senior, completely out of shape but is also very smart, educated, well spoken, into charity and political action and just all around a great guy. And no, he is not a gold digger, his husband makes good money but so does he. You get to know them and they are honestly 100% in love and you wonder why you thought there was something weird because one of them was so much younger and more attractive. The heart wants the heart wants.

The heart tends to not want an unemployed, narcissistic control freak crazy person who goes days without bathing and has no sense of appropriateness, decency, or boundaries.

Whit is single because she is Whit, not because of her weight.

• Love 21

I am so seething mad at the lack of respect TLC has for animals for ratings/profit.  I am seething mad that the stable even allowed this to be filmed. I hope that poor horse is ok.   I wish that horse kicked Twit off.

I wonder how much TLC paid Amanda to kiss stinky Twitney and pretend she is interested in her.  I wouldn't do it unless it was in the 6 figures per episode.  Even then I would need a bottle of vodka to perform and assurance that stinky twintney showers and brushes her teeth before each scene.

I leaving now to calm down. Still upset about the horse.

• Love 17
32 minutes ago, John M said:

EHHHHH.......

A friend of mine, gorgeous marathoner, Ironman, physique competitor in graduate school  was with a big girl when I met her. I mean not anywhere near Whit's size but she was a big girl. Another friend of mine, stick thin lesbian, very attractive is with a big girl as well, both in graduate school. Again, not anywhere near Whit size but absolutely fat by conventional standards.

Actually I know several lesbian couples know that I think about it with big size discrepancies. I can think of even one gay couple I know, he is honestly hot as hell, young, smart, educated, well spoken, funny, fit and his husband is I think 15 years his senior, completely out of shape but is also very smart, educated, well spoken, into charity and political action and just all around a great guy. And no, he is not a gold digger, his husband makes good money but so does he. You get to know them and they are honestly 100% in love and you wonder why you thought there was something weird because one of them was so much younger and more attractive. The heart wants the heart wants.

The heart tends to not want an unemployed, narcissistic control freak crazy person who goes days without bathing and has no sense of appropriateness, decency, or boundaries.

Whit is single because she is Whit, not because of her weight.

The operative phrase, used twice in your first paragraph, is "not anywhere near Whit size."  I stand by my statement, with this addition: no attractive lesbian with a slim/normal body & apparently a good, productive life. is gonna hook-up with a 400# mess. If you're not "family," I don't think you can really understand the life. It's like that radio station -- and Whit & her minions -- thinking it was so cute of them to assault gay people in their celebration of pride in who we are with stupid questions & jokes that are 50 years old. It's one day of the year when someone who's gay can enjoy being who she/he is without having to endue the sneers of straights. But, oh no. Here comes adorable Twit & those Kiss95 jerks.

• Love 11

Jiya saying that big girls should move their legs was the only thing I've heard her say that makes sense. I can't stand Whitney but I really hate people who won't let other people talk. Jiya jumped in saying that Whitney was scared that her girls will go to Trophy Wife, but I never got that impression. I think Whitney knows her girls will suck compared to this other class and I really wish she would have re-interupted and said, "My class isn't competitive and my dancers aren't comfortable or at the level of 'dance battle' so fuck off." They could do this one-on-one but it seems Jiya needs to prove a point. The attitudes of the Trophy Wives are terrible. And what makes them think they deserve to be called Trophy Wives? Mean Girls is a better name for their dance team. Sorry I have to stand up for the normal people that want to have fun over the cocky assholes that think they're better than everyone else and constantly brag about it. I absolutely can't stand any of those women. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Oh, now that the fake pregnancy scare is over, we have to endure the "Is she or isn't she" gay fakeness? Pleeezzzzeee. 

I will say that kiss was pretty intense. Wonder how many takes they had to do to get it to look authentic. I will say Whit looked like she was enjoying it. 

Babs needs to never wear her real hair again. She looked gorgeous in the blond wig and so much younger. It always amazes me what a hairstyle change can do for a woman's looks. She needs to stick with that.  If she doesn't want to wear a wig, then cut, lighten and condition the hell out of that outdated mop. And take Whit to the hairdresser with her, she needs a makeover, too.

There is no way that poor horse should of had a 360 lb. person on it's back. It made me mad, also. Shame on those stable people for letting that happen. That, to me, was animal cruelty right before our eyes. Anything for the almighty dollar, I guess. Sad.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 15
5 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Jiya saying that big girls should move their legs was the only thing I've heard her say that makes sense. I can't stand Whitney but I really hate people who won't let other people talk. Jiya jumped in saying that Whitney was scared that her girls will go to Trophy Wife, but I never got that impression. I think Whitney knows her girls will suck compared to this other class and I really wish she would have re-interupted and said, "My class isn't competitive and my dancers aren't comfortable or at the level of 'dance battle' so fuck off." They could do this one-on-one but it seems Jiya needs to prove a point. The attitudes of the Trophy Wives are terrible. And what makes them think they deserve to be called Trophy Wives? Mean Girls is a better name for their dance team. Sorry I have to stand up for the normal people that want to have fun over the cocky assholes that think they're better than everyone else and constantly brag about it. I absolutely can't stand any of those women. 

Twit knows "her girls" -- hate that term -- aren't joining Trophy Wives becuz it's a 3-hr round trip drive. ( Not to mention BGDC is FAKE!)

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

Oh my gosh,  I thought Clurb was the name of the establishment.  OK, we had the pregnancy scare, the fake radio job and non romance, the jealousy over Lenny, the dance battle and now the forbidden fruit romance. I think the TLC producers start the season by writing down a whole bunch of ideas on a big dry erase board and mark them off as they go along. Fake fake fake.

I picture them laughing more and more uproariously as each idea is nuttier than the last. Like, "Can you top THIS? We put her in one of those bungee swings but when it's released, NOTHING HAPPENS! Har har har!"

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Dot said:

The operative phrase, used twice in your first paragraph, is "not anywhere near Whit size."  I stand by my statement, with this addition: no attractive lesbian with a slim/normal body & apparently a good, productive life. is gonna hook-up with a 400# mess. If you're not "family," I don't think you can really understand the life. It's like that radio station -- and Whit & her minions -- thinking it was so cute of them to assault gay people in their celebration of pride in who we are with stupid questions & jokes that are 50 years old. It's one day of the year when someone who's gay can enjoy being who she/he is without having to endue the sneers of straights. But, oh no. Here comes adorable Twit & those Kiss95 jerks.

I think the point was that everyone has their own idea of beauty and it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility that two people who have common memories of simpler times, a certain nostalgia, would meet again years later and feel the old spark. They already had a bond. 

The way you said the "sneers of straights" really makes it seem like you put all of us in the bigot category. This "straight" in particular has given no sneers.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I said both those things on this board on last week's episode thread.  If you're referring to what I said, it was just speculation but I agree it would make sense (since I said it, LOL).

38 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I wonder how much TLC paid Amanda to kiss stinky Twitney and pretend she is interested in her.  I wouldn't do it unless it was in the 6 figures per episode.  Even then I would need a bottle of vodka to perform and assurance that stinky twintney showers and brushes her teeth before each scene.

I leaving now to calm down. Still upset about the horse.

Me too (about the horse) but I also agree about Amanda.  Is Twit now calling up everyone from her high school drama class to give them a "part" in her show?  I think she thinks she's some kind of shock jock.  Who does she think she is, Samantha from "Sex and the City"???  Puhleeze.  Now I know why she gave Lenny his pink slip.  He was too boring for the show.  She wanted to try to get the ratings up with something "spicy".  Too bad it's so revolting and unbelievable.  That big sweat mark on her back.....Ugh.....The spiciest thing in this episode was Babs in her blonde wig!

• Love 6

Whitney must really smell terrible after dancing in the clurb so much that she's dripping sweat and her hair is completely drenched. I know when I go to the clurb I don't come out smelling as sweet as I did when I went in and I don't sweat profusely, nor do I have folds. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I think the point was that everyone has their own idea of beauty and it's definitely not out of the realm of possibility that two people who have common memories of simpler times, a certain nostalgia, would meet again years later and feel the old spark. They already had a bond. 

The way you said the "sneers of straights" really makes it seem like you put all of us in the bigot category. This "straight" in particular has given no sneers.

Just out of curiosity: did you think that radio station goes to Gay Pride was an OK plot arc?

(edited)
24 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Babs needs to never wear her real hair again. She looked gorgeous in the blond wig and so much younger. It amazes me what a hairstyle change can do for a woman's looks. She needs to stick with that.  If she doesn't want to wear a wig, then cut and color it. And take Whit to the hairdresser with her, she needs a makeover, too.

Babs' real hair is colored too dark and monotone for her light complexion.  It makes her skin look ashen.  They say as we get older we should go lighter.  It certainly worked for Babs.  I could see her lightening up her hair just a little and maybe getting highlights.  She should also flat iron it.  The poofy look has been out for over a decade now.

And Jiya is just another paid cast member.  I see now that she was hired to be a villain.  I was looking at her and boy, does she have a short body and long legs and on top of that she's short waisted to boot.  She must have a hard time fitting clothes.  I am nowhere near as disproportionate, but I am short waisted myself and that's bad enough.

Buddy once again looks like he's two steps away from needing a ventilator.   I really hope he gets his weight down soon.

Oh, and that plaid shirt Twit was putting on was from Target.  I bought it in a 0X because I wanted it big (LOL) but I noticed the sizes went up to 4X.  Assuming that was a 4X she had on, it was still way too small on her!

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Dot said:

So I have to ask you if, in your experience, does this kind of "misunderstanding" happen a lot?  And by a lot I mean "ever"?  Supposedly they were HS friends, close enough to have a Banana Bread Story, and Amanda asked her if she was still seeing old What's-His-Name, so clearly she knows Whit is into guys, but she was going to hit on her anyways?  Not buying it.  If I'm wrong let me know - I recently ran into an old friend and am meeting her for lunch on Friday; should I prepare myself for an awkward encounter?  ;)  What had me LOLing about this scene was that, even though I knew where it was headed due to the previews, Whit had already decided Amanda was hitting on her long before she ever actually did :)

1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

Jiya saying that big girls should move their legs was the only thing I've heard her say that makes sense. I can't stand Whitney but I really hate people who won't let other people talk. Jiya jumped in saying that Whitney was scared that her girls will go to Trophy Wife, but I never got that impression. I think Whitney knows her girls will suck compared to this other class and I really wish she would have re-interupted and said, "My class isn't competitive and my dancers aren't comfortable or at the level of 'dance battle' so fuck off." 

Isn't that what Whitney boldly stated she was going to do, right before she tossed her head, swaggered into Jiya's studio, and meekly said, "If you don't want to do it, we don't have to . . . "  Hahahahahahaha!  

I had too many LOL's this episode; I know I'm going to forget one.  How about that she wants to replace Lauren, supposedly, yet when she walks in to find out they hired someone else that girl is already there, ready to work, and Maney remarks about how he's glad Whit decided to come to work today.  Then on the day of the HRC call, she says, "It was really hard getting up at 3, but I wanted to be there for that."  Those two things combined suggest to me that if she had an actual desire to replace Lauren, she did not back it up with anything like professionalism, hard work, or giving a good impression.  (And it wasn't that long ago, so I can remember that pants suits and what to call Bill were probably two of the most overdone Clinton things - even for a cheesy morning show she should have done better)

Then a girl who lives in leggings and t-shirts can't find an outfit for horseback riding!  I noticed she wore leggings and a t-shirt :)

I did think she looked a bit thinner in the clerb and horsebackriding leggings and t-shirts.  In the braless black dress and the outfit for the HRC call, not so much.

The sticks class looked like it might be fun for a workout, but it wasn't really a dance class.  I would expect a professional who has a dance career to notice that, but maybe it's just me.  Also, she said in the opening TH that she knows nothing about choreography.  What?????  I'm looking forward to Mattie getting called out next week.  I don't like Mattie.

However, I'm starting to like Todd again.  I felt embarrassed for him last year at the St. Patrick's Day parade, prancing around in all seriousness in their horrible "routine".  But he's just dead serious about enjoying whatever he does - Trophy Wives, sticks, humiliating parade routines and all - gotta love that in a person :)

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Diamond Dog said:

Are there no laws in NC with regards to talking with a cell phone in your hand while driving? I've seen Twit do it several times, and it seems hella dangerous to me. 

not yet, according to the following websites : (link1)  & (link2 - 50 state map)

But Whit should. she's on the phone carrying deep conversations too much. the least she could do upgrade her car so she could blue tooth in.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I haven't seen the episode yet.. so the dance battle is  Whit w/ her on-call casting club vs. Jiya w/ her OLG ?

I guess I was hoping for a "Whit vs. Jiya" only bout. "Ali (God rest his soul) vs. Foreman" - Rumble in the Jungle, or in this case Greensboro , NC. Two people who can't stop running their mouth. Let Whit & Jiya dance it out on the floor.

Jiya might be a little harsh and abrupt, but is she any different than other competitive coaches  - eps. those on reality shows?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Dot said:

Just out of curiosity: did you think that radio station goes to Gay Pride was an OK plot arc?

The radio show questions actually made me uncomfortable for the people being asked. I mean, just let everyone enjoy themselves. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, princelina said:

So I have to ask you if, in your experience, does this kind of "misunderstanding" happen a lot?  And by a lot I mean "ever"?  Supposedly they were HS friends, close enough to have a Banana Bread Story, and Amanda asked her if she was still seeing old What's-His-Name, so clearly she knows Whit is into guys, but she was going to hit on her anyways?  Not buying it.  If I'm wrong let me know - I recently ran into an old friend and am meeting her for lunch on Friday; should I prepare myself for an awkward encounter?  ;)  What had me LOLing about this scene was that, even though I knew where it was headed due to the previews, Whit had already decided Amanda was hitting on her long before she ever actually did :)

That kind of made me mad. I mean, Twit really DOES think that everyone wants her... It reminded me of the old cliche of people who think gays are out there hitting on everyone without any regards to boundaries. I mean, when my gay female friends ask me to spend alone time with them I do not automatically interpret that as code for them wanting to jump my bones.

• Love 12

PLEASE. This kissing. PLEASE. GIVE ME A BREAK. Of course Whitney was into it, too. She is a horny, desperate woman, and a hot chick with an Emma Stone vibe is (pretending to be) into her. This is so fake. FAKE NEWS!!! FAKE NEWS!!! (I have never said that before, now I understand the appeal of screaming it)

The radio station folks keep mentioning how late Whitney perpetually is. "Ah, you finally showed up" and such. Of course they would not ask Whitney to be a host. She can't get her ass out of bed. No wonder she can't get/keep a real job.

That poor horse. I can't believe that lady was like "he'll be fine!" 

Perpetually amazed by how badass Whitney likes to come off in her talking heads, and how it compares to reality. TH: "I'm gonna march up to Charlotte and tell this bitch how stupid this dance battle idea is!" Reality: "Um, excuse me, please, if you don't want to battle we don't have to, it wasn't my idea, soooo...." 

And when Whitney was like "Mattie got a man, Tal got a man, and of course I didn't get a man!" No shit, Whit, you were in a gay club. Sorry, "clurb." You were the obese straight woman at the gay clurb. You ain't coming out of there with a man on your arm. Unless you think even gay men should be warm for your form? Probably.

• Love 24

Another episode when I was torn between laughing outright at this idiot and being exceedingly angry. Personally, I hope to watch Jiya wipe the floor with Whitless since Jiya is a serious dance instructor and Whiney (typo, and it stays) is just using "her girls" to make her look like she knows what she's doing. If Whitney actually cared about what being shown up by dancers who are better than hers will do to "her girls", she'd just tell Jiya to stick it and not get baited into the dance off. Like everything else, this is about Whitney and her pride. If her girls are demoralized because the TWs are better dancers, that's all on Whitney at this point.

And I don't disagree with Jiya. Whitney is in horrible shape and she can't push her students if she can't do things herself. Jiya's abrasiveness didn't bother me since I'd studied ballet as a child under an old-school Russian dancer who never failed to point out that our thighs were jiggling and used a stick to get us to lift our legs into a proper arabesque. If I didn't leave class crying and bruised, it was a good class. I wouldn't mind taking Jiya's class if I was in the area because it looked like a lot of fun.

The whole faux-lesbian storyline had my eyes rolling since it's so obviously staged. Not that I don't think that 99.999% of the crap on this show is staged, but this was so obvious that you could see it being staged from Mars. Someone who hasn't seen or spoken with Whitney in years and knows that she's (to her knowledge) only dated men is now hitting on her and all of a sudden Whitney is open to having a romantic relationship with another woman. I know that there are plenty of women who discover their bisexuality later in life, but it would have been more believable if Whitney was the one making the overtures and not have this be another case of the show trying to make us think that everyone has the hots for her. I give it a week before she's panting after the next guy who won't give her the time of day unless there's a paycheck involved.

What had me angry was the stupid horseback bit because it was really obvious that this was dangerous to both Whitney and the poor horse they had her perched on. She wasn't on a tiny little horse and he looked like he'd be fit to carry the average rider without any trouble, but Whitney is hardly the average rider. It was obvious that the horse was struggling to carry her and you could see him trying to get his hindquarters tucked up to help bear her weight and the one good thing I could say is that it looked like they only went for a very brief walk to get some footage and not an extended ride. But it was absolutely inexcusable for that barn to put Whitney on a horse that clearly wasn't big enough to carry her. 

But it was also very dangerous for Whitney because it was obvious before she even tried to mount up that she physically would not be able to ride with any modicum of safety. She could barely get her leg over and there is no way that she could use her legs to balance herself or stay on the horse if he did anything unexpected. She seemed terrified and I don't blame her because if that horse decided to try to dump her, she would have had absolutely no way of staying on and could be seriously hurt if she fell. And with her size, keeping her balance even at a slow walk would be a major challenge and I don't blame her for being afraid. That being said, it was pathetic that she needed two people to help (one to lead her horse like a kid on a pony ride and someone to help her stay in the saddle). She wasn't riding - she was being lugged around like cargo. And I got frustrated when she freaked out over the horse moving at a slow walk. If that horse had been moving any slower, he'd have been going in reverse so her comments about him "clippity clopping" away just irked me. Bitch, we saw what we saw and what was on TV was an animal barely able to move under her weight.

Another mess of an episode, watchable only so I can feel some self-righteous anger at her antics. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, mamadrama said:

The radio show questions actually made me uncomfortable for the people being asked. I mean, just let everyone enjoy themselves. 

I agree - I didn't think the radio going to Gay Pride was a bad idea in itself, but it was horribly executed.

Another LOL from last night:  when Whit told the group about the "dance-off" and one of them asked if it was going to be a "twerk-off".  Because that's all they know how to do :) haha

• Love 5

That Western-style saddle looked so small under her, I was confused for a second, wondering why an English saddle had a horn (a horn, I might add, that was *dangerously* close to visiting Whitney's womb).  She was also wearing, what, Keds-like flat sneakers? Nope. And get your heels down, girl!  

• Love 3

I am somewhat surprised that the stable people didn't give Whitney instructions as to how to seat her horse - heels down was the very first thing I learned. Oops. Second thing. First was how to mount the horse (without scaffolding or ladders...)

After this episode the little "pause" symbol on my remote is nearly worn off from having to stop the show after nearly every sentence that came out of Whitney's mouth to yell at the screen.

"Jiya challenged my girls to a Dance Off".  No she didn't.  Roy proposed it.  And he only mentioned Whitney and Jiya.  Whitney is the one who brought up "her girls" to use as human shields to try to get out of the Dance Off.

And I'm perfectly fine with the way Jiya treated Whitney when Whitney showed up at Jiya's studio.  Nothing Jiya said was wrong.

"I don't even know what a Dance Off is", seconds before explaining the rules in detail to her "class".

"Now I'm responsible for putting together a whole 39th Anniversary celebration", which as far as I can tell consisted of driving her mother to a wig shop, and calling a restaurant to make a reservation for a single table.

"I'm so busy right now with [insert single task]".  She's worse than my 78-year-old mother-in-law who has an anxiety attack because she has to go the Post Office next Thursday.  That routine's getting tired.  But just reflects yet again how empty Whitney's real life truly is.

HATE-WATCH.  That's all I'm doing at this point.

41 minutes ago, princelina said:

Another LOL from last night:  when Whit told the group about the "dance-off" and one of them asked if it was going to be a "twerk-off".  Because that's all they know how to do :) haha

That's another thing!  "We don't twerk"?  Holy Shit!  When you do that circle-thing, that's ALL. ANY. OF. YOU. DO.!!!!!

• Love 20
12 hours ago, AmyB said:

I think most of them are not on actual air.  I watch their facebook live for that labor pain thing and there was a camera guy there and Lauren made a comment about the text from whit's crew they were stuck in traffic.  The part with Hillary was on air, and the one radio show that Whitney was actually filing in for, but I think the majority of them are done off air.  It is all for the tv show.  I can't wait to see what they say tomorrow on the MRL show. Maney has been tweeting up a storm lol

I think she told them not to film her eating. Even when she was out to "lunch" with Roy all she had as a fruit cup.  I bet she is still doing that not eating all day until 3-4 p.m. like she said she did when she went back to Will.

That struck me as particularly fake.  "Look at how little I eat!  My weight is beyond my control!"

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Nowhere said:

^^I'm with you. I'm so upset about the horse. He was definitely not big enough and he was walking weird. And yes he was giving her side eye. 

I noticed too that the horse's gait did not appear normal and I wonder if that's why the handler stayed with the horse. Not for Whit's benefit, but rather for the horse's--horses get weird when they have inexperienced frightened riders, even if they are experienced horses. Horse: "Wow, this woman is heavy, not sitting right and doesn't know how to communicate to me. What am I supposed to do? Oh, ok. Someone I know has my reins."

14 minutes ago, Alapaki said:

After this episode the little "pause" symbol on my remote is nearly worn off from having to stop the show after nearly every sentence that came out of Whitney's mouth to yell at the screen.

"Jiya challenged my girls to a Dance Off".  No she didn't.  Roy proposed it.  And he only mentioned Whitney and Jiya.  Whitney is the one who brought up "her girls" to use as human shields to try to get out of the Dance Off.

And I'm perfectly fine with the way Jiya treated Whitney when Whitney showed up at Jiya's studio.  Nothing Jiya said was wrong.

"I don't even know what a Dance Off is", seconds before explaining the rules in detail to her "class".

"Now I'm responsible for putting together a whole 39th Anniversary celebration", which as far as I can tell consisted of driving her mother to a wig shop, and calling a restaurant to make a reservation for a single table.

"I'm so busy right now with [insert single task]".  She's worse than my 78-year-old mother-in-law who has an anxiety attack because she has to go the Post Office next Thursday.  That routine's getting tired.  But just reflects yet again how empty Whitney's real life truly is.

HATE-WATCH.  That's all I'm doing at this point.

That's another thing!  "We don't twerk"?  Holy Shit!  When you do that circle-thing, that's ALL. ANY. OF. YOU. DO.!!!!!

All of this!!! 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Dot said:

Not much on this show is an OK plot arc. And why are you asking me? Are you trying to imply something or prove a point? If so, out with it please.

I can't watch the dance shows and perhaps that's why I can't stand Jiya. Something about those types of shows makes me edgy. Somebody upthread mentioned that Jiya is no different from instructors on other dance shows and that brought clarity to my issue with her. I hate those shows. I won't be surprised when she gets a spinoff and I'm sure she's a great gal in real life. It's just the way they teach, like on Dance Moms. I watched it once and felt so bad for everyone that I couldn't watch again. I watch Bring It occasionally but even that instructor is harsh. Less than the rest though so I feel I can tolerate her a little. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

I am somewhat surprised that the stable people didn't give Whitney instructions as to how to seat her horse - heels down was the very first thing I learned. Oops. Second thing. First was how to mount the horse (without scaffolding or ladders...)

Like I said, she wasn't expected to actually ride. Not with someone leading the horse and another person there to make sure sure she didn't roll off.

And let's be honest... there's no way in hell that she would ever be able to sit a horse properly. Not with the way her ass was overflowing that saddle.

• Love 6