Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: He Made A Terrible Mistake / S03.E15: Wes

Maybe Laurels dad knows about what they did to Annalise's husband and all the other things and found out Wes had gone to the police.  Maybe he wanted to silence Wes before Wes could tell on his daughter & others? I don't know.. 

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Ashand11 said:

I am going to go ahead and assume that maybe laurels dad told this guy to kill laurels boyfriend because he thought it was frank and maybe this guy followed laurel to find out who her boyfriend was and thought it was wes he meant? That's the only thing that makes sense to me.  Why else would he want to kill wes? 

That's a great thought. I'll bet you're right!

• Love 4

I am going to go ahead and assume that maybe laurels dad told this guy to kill laurels boyfriend because he thought it was frank and maybe this guy followed laurel to find out who her boyfriend was and thought it was wes he meant? That's the only thing that makes sense to me.  Why else would he want to kill wes? 

Well that's unprofessional. How do you put out a hit on someone and not provide the hitman with a picture of his mark?

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

So who did Wes call when he said "it's Christoph"?

I think that is the continuing mystery.  Yea, we will continue to see Wes/Christophe.  The story goes on......  

Laurel's father seemed to be excessively controlling in the past.  It's easy to believe the he was spying on her.  It could have been as easy her a gift of an iPhone that was already set up with tracking and the ability to listen in on her phone calls. All that's very easy.  I even know how to set it up since I have a client who did it to her boyfriend.   When Laura visited her family the last time and had to talk to her father I just had a feeling that underneath his big tech business he was still dirty in someway. I was hoping he was working under cover for the government but it doesn't look that way tonight.

BTW,   we did see the killer in his car observing what's his name running out of the house in the first hour of the finale. So he wasn't introduced in the last 20 minutes.  

Of course I'm in for the next season. I love not knowing what's going on. Grateful that Michaela and Asher are pressing on  into a real couple relationship. It should be interesting since they're both really effed up from their families so they'll be a lot of things going on with them.   I hope Annalise can stay sober.  Great acting all around.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Ashand11 said:

How would he know if laurel didn't even know?

That makes sense.  Laurel's dad asked Dominic, "is he dead?"  Not, "is Wes dead," but he.  However Laurel's dad must have shit a gold brick when he found out she almost died in the fire.

• Love 5

That was lots of plots twists just for the sake of having plot twists.

So the DA said Laurel lied about being kidnapped, but she actually lied about not being kidnxpped. Is that right?  I thought she said she lied to protect her father, but that didn't make sense to me. What did I miss in the rationale? Also, when was Laurel kidnapped?

i think I need a Dramamine now.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, rur said:

This would make sense, since the Wes hookup was pretty recent. 

But what was Dominick giving to the crooked DA at the end?  Is he ratting out Laurel's  dad? 

He gave him wes' phone but did the DA not question who the guy was and why he had Wes' phone? 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, rur said:

But what was Dominick giving to the crooked DA at the end?  Is he ratting out Laurel's  dad? 

He gave him Wes's phone, right?

I really liked Annalise's sweater.

Unless Annalise had sex with one of the Mahoney's Wes IS NOT her biological son.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

That makes sense.  Laurel's dad asked Dominic, "is he dead?"  Not, "is Wes dead," but he.  However Laurel's dad must have shit a gold brick when he found out she almost died in the fire.

Ya can you imagine? The guy hires you to kill his daughters boyfriend and you almost kill her. I hope laurels dad doesn't pay him for that shotty work.

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, rebeccalj said:

Her saying Wes was her grandson doesn't negate Anna being the mother.  

But if she was the mother, she would have known the father was Mahoney Jr, not Sr.

7 minutes ago, Blue Plastic said:

Did she not know?  I remember them saying Laurel didn't know yet, but then I thought they weaseled on that and it's awfully hard to remember anything on this show.  Besides, with this show, you never know.  Maybe Mr. Castillo somehow knew Laurel was pregnant before she did, just somehow.  I mean, seriously I would not be surprised if they said he had some secret way to test her for pregnancy without her knowing because I am so po'd at this show.  All that rigamarole and all that Laurel-whining and this is what we got?  Some guy we never saw before killed Wes at the behest of Mr. Castillo, who has barely been on the show before himself and whom we know Laurel doesn't get along with anyway.  Boring!  I guess they didn't want to risk losing another main cast member after already killing Wes off.  This was just messed up.  Sorry I am so negative.

When Frank confessed to Wes's murder he said he did it because he couldn't handle finding out Laurel was pregnant. When Bonnie told Laurel that, Laurel said she didn't even know she was pregnant. That could have been a lie though.

Maybe her father bugged her apartment and heard the conversation about the condom breaking? I don't see how he could have any idea for sure.

1 minute ago, Athena5217 said:

That was lots of plots twists just for the sake of having plot twists.

So the DA said Laurel lied about being kidnapped, but she actually lied about not being kidnxpped. Is that right?  I thought she said she lied to protect her father, but that didn't make sense to me. What did I miss in the rationale? Also, when was Laurel kidnapped?

i think I need a Dramamine now.

Laurel said before that she was kidnapped as a teenager and her father refused to pay the ransom. So, I guess her signing something that said she was never kidnapped make him look like less an ass for not paying his kid's ransom?

Maybe Mr. Castillo is a Mahoney cousin five times removed.  He killed Wes as a favor to the Mahoneys in return for them leaving Laurel/the remaining Keating group alone.

I guess we will get more info next season about who "Christophe" called for help and what "more to it" was going on that Mama Mahoney referred to but didn't bother to explain to Annalise.  That was the other thing that seriously ticked me off - the scene with Mama Mahoney and Annalise.  Okay, bitch, if there's "so much more that you don't know about" or however she put it, then how about TELL Annalise what it is instead of walking away all mysterious like.  I hated that.

I am still kind of confused about Atwood and Denver's level of involvement in all this.  Didn't Denver chew Atwood out for sending Wes' body away?  Who gave the order to cremate it?

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, rebeccalj said:

Her saying Wes was her grandson doesn't negate Anna being the mother.  

So you're saying that Annalise had a relationship with Mrs. Mahoney's son -- that need for Annalise to be Wes's mother even when she clearly states she was not his mother runs deep.  Your speculation also means that Annalise must have slept with both Mahoney men since she thought Daddy Mahoney, not Rapey Murderer Mahoney was the daddy. But even that wouldn't explain Annalise's complete shock at the reveal, so did she not remember she slept with Mahoney Jr.

50 minutes ago, msani19 said:

The city might also need to do something about that DAs office. What a corrupt mess.

And the police department and the ME's office.  Their massive corruption makes Annalise's shenanigans on behalf of her clients seem sane.

Edited by Happytobehere
Typo
  • Love 11
38 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

Oh another thing, is Nowalk serious with Charles being his dad instead of Wallace? They're pushing it with that one in terms of age, come on man.

Charles would have been in his teens when he used his position of power to rape Wes' mother.  How is that implausible?

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

I just had a feeling that underneath his big tech business he was still dirty in someway. I was hoping he was working under cover for the government but it doesn't look that way tonight.

Well, the government on this show is corrupt, if the police department is any indication, so being corrupt doesn't preclude him being a government operative, but yeah-- ordering a hit makes him corrupt, whatever else he's doing.

• Love 2

Annalise isn't Wes's mother, she was talking about him being her son in feelings not literally. She loved Wes like her son.  Just like how Connor lashed out that he wasn't one of her "sons." Connor was talking about her literal son along with Wes.I was hoping all episode it wouldn't be a boring reveal of it being someone we didn't know. I wanted it to be Laurel in a twist, so the twist of it being her father is good enough. Interesting to see where they're going with it. 

I am going to go ahead and assume that maybe laurels dad told this guy to kill laurels boyfriend because he thought it was frank 

They had Wes's phone Dominic gave to the shady DA. So they knew it was Wes, not Frank. 

Laurel's dad knows Franks history and Frank was MIA during this time. There's no way they could plan for Frank to show up at the house when he was gone on the run. Frank never got a message to show up at the house and Dominic wouldn't hanging out outside expecting Frank.

Laurel's dad also had a lot of time to kill Frank if he wanted him dead, Laurel even came to him to get help for Frank and signed that paper. Frank and Laurel were together for a long time. Yet this 5 minute relationship with Wes shows up on Laurel's dad's radar and ends up with Wes getting a hit put on him?

May be the father liked that Frank pushed Laurel back into the family fold and for her to come back? May be he saw Wes as a threat to the progress Laurel made while with Frank?  Or the father knew that Wes was working with the cops and wanted to shut him up?

Did they really make Wes the son of Wilson Bethel? LOL Really? Come on, how old is Charles supposed to be? Wilson is only 31.  Wes was in law school. At what age was Wes supposed to be concieved? lol That was the dumbest twist because age wise it doesn't work.

• Love 5

Am I the only one totally confused? Laurel's dad hires Dominick to kill Wes. I got that. What I don't understand is how did Denver play into all of it? How does he know Dominick and/or Laurel's dad? And Annalise's and Co think Denver is the one that killed Wes? Hopefully, they explain this in the next season. 

• Love 2

I was thinking perhaps the father had Wes killed without knowing that Wes was Laurel's boyfriend (not that he ordered her boyfriend dead w/o realizing that was Wes) and that it somehow still ties back to the Mahoney's....they run in the same uber-rich circles or something.  

It seems we are moving on from the "who" questions (Who killed Sam, who is going to die, who killed Wes?) to the "why" questions "Why the hell would Laurel's father kill Wes?"  

I've found I'm better off just letting it all unfold, rather than trying to figure it out, especially knowing the writers are often figuring it out as they go  

This show makes me laugh out loud so often....Annalise's looks at Bonnie in the courtroom, Asher declaring his love for Michaela in the midst of this mess, her responding "I love you too" when she did, Frank kneeling at Annalise's feet. It has just the right of batshit to bring me joy!

Edited by pennben
  • Love 13
51 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Annalise isn't Wes's mother, she was talking about him being her son in feelings not literally. She loved Wes like her son.  Just like how Connor lashed out that he wasn't one of her "sons." Connor was talking about her literal son along with Wes.I was hoping all episode it wouldn't be a boring reveal of it being someone we didn't know. I wanted it to be Laurel in a twist, so the twist of it being her father is good enough. Interesting to see where they're going with it. 

They had Wes's phone Dominic gave to the shady DA. So they knew it was Wes, not Frank. 

Laurel's dad knows Franks history and Frank was MIA during this time. There's no way they could plan for Frank to show up at the house when he was gone on the run. Frank never got a message to show up at the house and Dominic wouldn't hanging out outside expecting Frank.

Laurel's dad also had a lot of time to kill Frank if he wanted him dead, Laurel even came to him to get help for Frank and signed that paper. Frank and Laurel were together for a long time. Yet this 5 minute relationship with Wes shows up on Laurel's dad's radar and ends up with Wes getting a hit put on him?

May be the father liked that Frank pushed Laurel back into the family fold and for her to come back? May be he saw Wes as a threat to the progress Laurel made while with Frank?  Or the father knew that Wes was working with the cops and wanted to shut him up?

Did they really make Wes the son of Wilson Bethel? LOL Really? Come on, how old is Charles supposed to be? Wilson is only 31.  Wes was in law school. At what age was Wes supposed to be concieved? lol That was the dumbest twist because age wise it doesn't work.

I was thinking more along the lines of Laurels dad not telling this guy the name of Laurels boyfriend which realistically makes no sense but obviously most of this doesn't.  Also, he hated Frank and didn't even know about Wes.

2 minutes ago, Ashand11 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of Laurels dad not telling this guy the name of Laurels boyfriend which realistically makes no sense but obviously most of this doesn't.  Also, he hated Frank and didn't even know about Wes.

I like the idea that they killed the wrong boyfriend, especially since this show does play fast and loose with logic. But they are really pushing the illogic with Dominic (?) seeing Laurel walk into the house just before it blew up and not only not do anything about that, but also not reacting with more than 'things got a little messy'? Unless they want Laurel dead too? does she have something on her father? Why did he not come to see her in the hospital?

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Blue Plastic said:

Okay, bitch, if there's "so much more that you don't know about" or however she put it, then how about TELL Annalise what it is instead of walking away all mysterious like.  I hated that.

Funny thing is I got why Sylvia bailed, and felt it was Annalise who should've gone after her. Sylvia wants to avenge her husband and protect her son, but Annalise at the time believed she needed Sylvia to agree to a truce. Once Sylvia dropped the bomb that Charles was Wes' father, Annalise wasn't really letting her explain anything. Between her talking over and trying to verbally outshout Sylvia as she unleashed her anger and pain and grief and firmly believing that Sylvia was complicit in everything Wallace did to her, Annalise wasn't going to listen in her emotional state. She'd been waiting 10 years to lash out about the death of her son and suddenly Sylvia tries to tell her that the truth Annalise knew wasn't what really happened? Like Laurel about Wes in present day, she wasn't open to hearing anything else and she wasn't going to be rational nor pick up on the cues that there were gaps in what Annalise believed and what Sylvia knew. Annalise dug in her heels and wasn't going to budge and Sylvia knew that and knew that they were now making a scene and she sure as hell wasn't going to air the full story there. She let it slip about Charles being the father because she was so shocked that Annalise had it wrong and then Annalise really went on the attack to where Sylvia retreated because she was spinning from the realization that Annalise was coming from a completely different place than she had originally believed and had to regroup from the confrontation and not let it escalate to an even bigger scene in public. 

Later, when Annalise processed it all, you could see her logical mind believing it even as she hated conceding even a bit of the righteous anger at the Mahoney collective. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Keepitmoving said:

Look, Laurel's mouth was getting on my nerves, but Bonnie can STFU with the Wes was a murderer. Yeah and so are you and you're a murderer who plans out your murders. Wes murdered in self-defense, there is a bit of a difference.

They're all murderers or indirectly involved.

And I don't really feel like re-watching the episode right now, but is five on one self defense? I'm not saying that Sam didn't deserve death for what he did, but if he had lived, K5 and Rebecca would've gotten jail time for breaking in. Sam was well within his right to defend himself in that situation, which is why the self defense argument has always been shoddy to me. 

How do you defend yourself from breaking into someone's place?

5 minutes ago, Dee said:

Asher & Michaela were giving me SERIOUS Ron & Hermione vibes tonight.

Is this a good or bad thing?

• Love 5

The first AA meeting, Anna was hilarious. Then when the guy mentioned to her something about meditation, LOL, her expression was everything. I can't believe she looked at one of the women and said how she had been coming there for years and still....to sum it up in my own words, she's still fucked up. 

Then there was her expression and slumping back in her seat in the courtroom being just through with trying to help Bonnie do her job, hilarious.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, DearEvette said:

But seriously, what kinds of helling hell police state are they operating in?  Connor shackled in some bunker?  WTF?  That DA needs to go down.  That is the one part in all of this I actively hated.  He needs to go!

I'll lay you all ten to one that Denver does go down in season four.  Enough outrage among fans that he basically lost while still winning, or maybe won while still losing, he'll be gone or at least caught by the next season.  Benito Martinez did a great job, though, at showing how evil he'd become.  I'll give him that much.

God damn it, Annalise.  You should've put Connor on the stand like he wanted.  You'd have had the charges dropped much sooner.

I gasped when Connor found the burner phone.  When I saw that Denver was the one with the secret number, my jaw just dropped.

Atwood basically went out with a whimper.  Fired from the D.A.'s office and now looking for work in NYC.  Couldn't have happened to a more annoying, irritating, loathsome character.  At least Nate told her like it was when he said that she damaged her own career, not he or Annalise.

Can't really be happy for Connor and Oliver getting back together.  They didn't work out a single issue while they were apart, and there was literally zero fanfare for their reunion, so . . . I'm left cold by it.  And now Oliver wants to marry him just like that?  I'll give them next season to try and win me back over, but . . . I highly doubt they will.

Asher and Michaela, on the other hand, I can get behind.  They admitted their love to each other and might be ready to go full speed ahead.  Congratulations, kiddos!

I saw Esai Morales's name appear in the credits for the second hour, so I knew Laurel's father would be in this episode.  But I had no idea as to what capacity it would be.  But then, the ending answered my question.  Sparks are going to fly when Laurel realizes what he did to Wes.  Or, rather, had done to him.  And to look at @doram's words, he really might've had a case of mistaken identity since Frank was the target, not Wes.  Ooh, man, is that gonna be fun to watch.  Karla's knocked this season out of the park, so she'll probably be just as good next season, too!

Annalise's final monologue was indeed very sad.  But at the same time, my disappointment at Denver basically skating kept me from really digging into Viola's emotion.

Aside from the corrupt D.A. not going down, this was an incredibly high-octane season finale.  Can't believe we have to wait all the way till September to see what happens next!:(

Edited by Michel
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Perhaps Dominick didn't know it was Wes till after he killed him.  That was when he gave Denver Wes's phone.

• Love 1

So Laurel's daddy killed her baby daddy? Why? Charles is Wes' daddy? How? He was teen father?  He's a Vampire? M/A still together?  Why, show? I will drop this show if the plotlines get too far out there and it's almost there. Soaps always make this mistake.  Anna Mae is corrupt and the DA. Who's going to bring down the entire department? The show should end by S5. If not Connor will turn out to be Frank's son. Bonnie will hook up with Nate.  She will give birth to their child. It will go totally off the rails. A show like this needs an endgame soon.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, possibilities said:

Why did Laurel need Michaela to lure Mahoney? Couldn't Laurel do it herself?

Maybe Laurel thinks Michaela is more his type because of Wes's mother. Of course it only proves he was a psychotic creepy bastard even as a kid.

I didn't like that she pulled Michaela into that shitty plan though. I was waiting for Laurel and Asher to get distracted, look up, and find Michaela having been snatched by rapist murderer Mahoney Jr.

• Love 11

It was pretty clear from Wes's mom's reaction to the Mrs. Mahoney & Charles that Charles raped her. He could have been a teen when he raped her. He could have been years younger than her. 

I think that's when Mama Mahoney knew. When she saw their reactions in their brief encounter on the street. 

Annalise would have known Charles was the father unless she had been raped or had sex with both Wallace and Charles Mahoney within a short amount of time. 

I'm still not buying Wes was the love of Laurel's life no matter how many times Karla Souza says it in interviews. I read one with her  this morning and I just rolled my eyes.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Veronica said:

I'm still not buying Wes was the love of Laurel's life no matter how many times Karla Souza says it in interviews. I read one with her  this morning and I just rolled my eyes.

I know - I kept rolling my eyes with her saying stuff like "You didn't know him" and the like.  kept pissing me off, in fact.  

• Love 8

I don't know if I'll stick with the show through Season 4.  It's not just that they killed Wes with what appears to be no real game plan, motivation or plot, it's that I now can no longer even offer a passable level of support for Annalise.  She loved Wes "like a son," but she not only threw him under the bus with the quickness, but she did it to save herself and that worthless piece of crap, Connor, who I personally wouldn't open a stick of gum for.  By episode's end, I officially can't stand him or Oliver and the worst thing that can happen to either of them is to be saddled with the scummy awefullness that is the other.  To make matters worse, Annalise actually allowed Frank, who had already sacrificed himself on the alter of Annalise to get on his knees and grovel before her.  Lady, GTF over yourself.  It's a sad day when Momma Mahoney comes across as the better mother.

Naturally, by next season, Annalise will be back in full force at the university.  In actuality, she should be an unemployable pariah, who is trying desperately to redeem herself.  There should be no students who want to study at her feet, Annalise should be scraping herself up fro,m the legal and academic pits, but I doubt that will happen.

Plot Points That May or May Not Be Revisited

1) So Meggy served no purpose on the show.   

2) The same goes for Lauren Velez's character, who played the least effective spy eve, what was she able to tell Atwood that someone who walked past Annalise on the street one time didn't already know.

3) Are we ever going to know the University Board member who was plotting against Annalise, or was that another red herring.

4) Atwood gets to skate, no doubt the show will think it's is a brilliant idea to brin g her back at a later time, but I can tell you, it will not be, as I'm over her character.  

5) Benito Martinez as the DA also needs to never be seen again.  The show needs to stop propping Annalise by making every prosecutor the equivalent of human garbage.  Let's see how the Annalise show plays when she is facing an opponent who is a good person, honestly trying to do their job.  

6) Simon or whatever his name is needs to never be seen again either.  He never worked as a character, and he will not be acceptable as a Wes substitute. Speaking of Simon, will we ever find out the real motive behind putting up the flyers because the motive he gave Annalise was some straight fragglenacklebull.  Was this connected to the possibly dropped board member plot.

Yeah, can you tell that this finale has left me more than a little bitter.  However, in the face of my bitterness, I still want Asher and Michaela to be the endgame couple, and I want the triumvirate of Annalise/Bonnie/Frank to be standing tall and united when the series ultimately ends.

• Love 14

Well it wasn't her but turned out to be her family - good enough. Sorry not sorry but Laurel's dramatics were exhausting. Can't wait till she finds out dear ol' Daddy is the one who put the hit out on Wes. Of course I'm still trying to figure out the reason behind that. And Laurel's full of crap with that, "my Dad works in telecommunications" or whatever it was when Asher rightly called him being some type of mob boss. 

I didn't love this season finale, only because I feel like so much was still left unanswered - who was Wes calling when he introduced himself as Christophe (I actually have a suspicion that it was the Mahoney lady. Something about her telling Annalise she was so wrong and didn't know everything made me think she had more contact with Wes than Annalise knew), who was the anonymous source, how did they find Rebecca's body and of course why in the hell would Laurel's father want Wes dead? I realize that this may all be answered next season but it was still frustrating having the season end and not knowing.

Btw, while he was never a favorite of mine, watching Wes be murdered the way he was, was absolutely horrible. Meanwhile, I cracked up when Frank fell to his knees in front of Annalise and she barely restrained an eyeroll. The whole thing was a tad melodramatic. 

And my biggest question is did I not see/hear Anna go from saying that he felt like my son, to he was my son?

I heard that but I chalk it up to the fact that in the end Wes was a son to Annalise, biology or not. It ties back to Connor's comment to her that both of her sons were dead because it's true. 

eta: I knew the Mahoneys weren't behind Wes' death. It was too obvious and simple. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5

When Annalise rummaged through the burned out ruins of her house, she found a metal box with a photo in it.  The photo showed Annalise lying in bed with a new-born baby, and Sam standing next to the two of them.  Sorry if I'm dense, because I didn't see all this season, but did Annalise have a baby? 

fwiw, I believed Sylvia, that Charles did not rape Christoph's mother.  I also think Denver probably had nothing to do with Wes' murder; knew Annalise was innocent; and hated her so much he let Laurel's father pay him off to prosecute Annalise anyway (and thereby keep any connection to Laurel's father buried).  

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

Is that good? I never liked the final pairings in the Potter series.

Co-sign but I'm guessing the poster meant it to be a good thing.

I definitely considered the suggestion that others mentioned, where this was a case of mistaken identity or something and Laurel's dad maybe confused Wes for the boyfriend who did all these awful things Laurel mentioned, when it was really Frank. Because I just cannot see what reason this man would have to go so far as to have Wes murdered. 

Atwood and Co. literally became the monsters they think Annalise is and while Annalise hasn't killed anyone she and the K5 and Frank, and Bonnie have done horrible shit that they all deserve hard time for. There really are no heroes on this show. Only people who have done bad things trying to protect themselves from other people who have done bad things. 

This exactly. It's why I've always said that much as I like Annalise, I've never bought into the whole "she didn't kill anyone" semantic whenever any of the K5 hated her. And I liked when she pointed that out to Connor (that she never killed anyone) and he said neither did he. And when she threw in his face about hacking Sam, I wish Connor had told her that was because of her plan and Wes working on her orders. Because the K5 had every intention of just running away and hoping no one realized they were ever at the house that night. Annalise was the one who convinced Wes to convince the others that getting rid of the body was the best thing. So yeah I like Anna but she can miss me with that convenient, "I've never killed anyone..."

I'd like to think that Connor will turn down Oliver's proposal so he can get his own shit figured out. Plus, we can't have happy couples on this show. 

Well I wouldn't say the look on Connor's face after the proposal was one of joy so I don't see them planning a wedding date anytime soon. Meanwhile, I continue to not care a lick about Asher and Michaela and keep hoping it'll end. I guess that's the unpopular opinion but oh well. 

Frankly the most adorable moment I found this episode was Connor saying to Michaela, after she told him he couldn't even look her in the eyes the past few days, that it's because she's just so devastatingly beautiful. Yeah he was stalling and bullshitting but I still thought it was adorable. 

Well that's unprofessional. How do you put out a hit on someone and not provide the hitman with a picture of his mark?

lol...seriously, amateurs. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, kikaha said:

When Annalise rummaged through the burned out ruins of her house, she found a metal box with a photo in it.  The photo showed Annalise lying in bed with a new-born baby, and Sam standing next to the two of them.  Sorry if I'm dense, because I didn't see all this season, but did Annalise have a baby? 

fwiw, I believed Sylvia, that Charles did not rape Christoph's mother.  I also think Denver probably had nothing to do with Wes' murder; knew Annalise was innocent; and hated her so much he let Laurel's father pay him off to prosecute Annalise anyway (and thereby keep any connection to Laurel's father buried).  

10yrs ago Annalesie was pregnant, the Mahoney family arranged a car accident (with frank's inadvertent help) and the baby was stillborn. That's why Frank is so loyal to Annalesie and Sam (before he passed)- the guilt. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Nanrad said:

They're all murderers or indirectly involved.

And I don't really feel like re-watching the episode right now, but is five on one self defense? I'm not saying that Sam didn't deserve death for what he did, but if he had lived, K5 and Rebecca would've gotten jail time for breaking in. Sam was well within his right to defend himself in that situation, which is why the self defense argument has always been shoddy to me. 

How do you defend yourself from breaking into someone's place?

It never was 5 on 1. Rebecca comes out of the bathroom and Sam attacks her because she has the flash drive visible like a dumbass. Only Wes and Connor physically struggle with Sam initially. Laurel gets Michaela the flash drive, and then Sam chases Michaela and falls over the railing. He is unconscious and then when he wakes up starts choking Rebecca, prompting Wes to hit him over the head with the Lady Justice trophy.

The only one who could be considered to have broke into the Keating household is Rebecca, since the rest of the M4 basically had free run of the place through their work with AK. Under the specific circumstances, Michaela came to take the trophy and the rest of the M4 came because Michaela told them there was an emergency involving Rebecca.  After Sam told them all to leave, Wes said "We will once we get Rebecca" and Sam also effectively agreed. So no trespass, no breaking in. Sam also was not engaging in conventional self-defense, because he was the initial aggressor, jumping on Rebecca after she came out of the bathroom.

Almost regardless of what happened before the actual killing, Wes's actions are by definition in defense of another and thus not murder.  

• Love 8

at least for now, the case is closed.  tied up with a bloody ribbon.  All deaths have been explained to the police.

The DA has dropped all charges, but holds GREAT animosity towards AK and group

She will be able to be a lawyer again, take on cases.

Will she blackmail the Dean for her job back? or just get it because charges were dropped?

The first hour was slow but loved the ending

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kikaha said:

As I understand it, when babies are are that close to full term and die, it's fairly common for family and baby pictures to be taken and for there to be a formal funeral, as it helps withe grieving process.

• Love 4

So Atwood, a prosecutor who had just been sanctioned and fired for forging a signature, went to New York to salvage her career. This didn't happen. She presumably isn't licensed in New York because most attorneys aren't licensed in more than one jurisdiction. She'd have to apply for reciprocal admission in New York, which she won't get because of her lies and issues with honesty. What actually would have happened is that she would looked for a job in some other part of Pennsylvania.

How the hell does Denver hold such animosity towards Annalise that he's willing to do such illegal and unconstitutional things? Get warrants for surveillance and wiretaps for the Keating 5. These fools are so indiscrete that you'll soon get all the info you need. It is true that when some DAs get a hate on for a defendant that no facts will sway their belief that the defendant is guilty or the devil.

Laurel's garbage father killed Wes. I'm surprised mostly because Wes is not the worst guy she's been involved with. Even with Frank, I don't get why her dad thinks anyone she's with is more dangerous than he is. Not to mention that his interference in her life that has pushed her on a much more dangerous path. It was a stupid gangster way to kill Wes. Ideally, they should have killed Wes in a way that seems like an accident or natural causes. His cover-up has been inept and encouraged Laurel'so paranoia.

• Love 5

Nowalk has a ton of work next season explaining to me why in the hell was it so important for Laurel's father to kill Wes or Frank if he was really the intended target and the hitman got it wrong. I mean she was screwing around with Frank for a long time, and her father knew, because he seems to keep tabs on  her, yet he didn't kill Frank back then. He had like two damn seasons to do it, yet nothing, no attempts to off him.  Now he does it? And is working with the DA? Because that hitman did get in the car with the DA and give him Wes's cell phone so...

Damn, just knowing Laurel apparently can get you killed. I was afraid for Asher and Michaela when that hitman showed up at the end to hug his old family "friend."

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, nara said:

As I understand it, when babies are are that close to full term and die, it's fairly common for family and baby pictures to be taken and for there to be a formal funeral, as it helps withe grieving process.

There was an earlier episode where you see Sam, Annalise, and the stillborn baby in the hospital room. A nurse comes in to take their family photo.

• Love 3

So everybody has to fold in order to avoid mutually assured destruction? Plus Frank the serial killer walks? I am not satisfied with this resolution.

Laurel said before that she was kidnapped as a teenager and her father refused to pay the ransom. So, I guess her signing something that said she was never kidnapped make him look like less an ass for not paying his kid's ransom?

I bet it has something to do with money laundering or illegal payoffs. If she wasn't kidnapped then there'd be no reason for her father to be paying money masquerading as ransom.

• Love 1