Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: He Made A Terrible Mistake / S03.E15: Wes

4 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

For me, nothing has been as bad on this show as Frank slowly choking the life out of Lila while staring her dead in her eyes or Bonnie coldly and calmly snuffing the life out of Rebecca. Hell even Asher just backing his car on Sinclair. All of these actions were so cold and mercenary.

Asher didnt "just back[ ] his car on Sinclair", he angrily put his car in reverse and purposely mowed her down.  And he has yet to show one single ounce of remorse.

Asher, Wes, Frank, and Bobbie all have blood on their hands, while Laural and Annalise definitely arent innocent.  

Connor and Michaela are the only innocents.  In fact, Connor has tried to save two people that were dying by others hands, while both he and Mickey were forced into the Sam coverup.  Also, both continue to show remorse for everything, even the actions of others.  

• Love 4
20 hours ago, jvr said:

He's dead, he's not being hurt. She would never have let him go down for this while alive. And lets not forget he did kill Sam. Pinning this stuff on him now is a last resort to save her ass and all the K5 + Frank and Bonnie. But anyway, it's just interesting to think about, don't think the writers will do that, and if they did it wouldn't be something they had pre-planned all the way back in season 1.

edited to add: I will correct one thing in my quote...I feel she loved what Wes represented (this son she had lost). There is a difference but I don't know if it matters (love is weird). She did not know this man but she did feel deeply for him because of the moment in her life he was forever linked to.

While I get what you mean that Wes being dead prevents him from suffering the consequences of having all these things pinned on him, I still think it's incredibly disrespectful to his memory to lump all this stuff on him when he is past the point of being able to defend himself (I don't care so much about Sam, since he did do that, but pinning Rebecca on him is pretty cruel, considering how he felt about her). It adds to the tragic nature of Wes's character. He could never catch a break when he was alive, and now everybody outside Annalise's inner circle will only remember him as a violent, unstable young man who maybe should never have been let off the waitlist in the first place. He was robbed of any and all potential in life and death.

Don't get me wrong, I think this plot point works for the show in a lot of different ways, and I think it's true to Annalise's character to go this route. But it was an awful thing to do.

14 hours ago, project90 said:

4 if you count Annalise baby

Lila

the hit man

Bonnie dad

the baby

5. Don't forget Wallace Mahoney.

• Love 1

Nowalk at least confirms that it was indeed the intent of  Laurel's dad (his name is Jorge according to closed captioning) to kill Wes not Frank. He also confirms that Denver is dirty but stayed coy on the Mahoney family connection.

Why Laurel’s dad? Why did he want Wes dead?

That is a very good question. It’s not an answer I can give you without spoiling anything. I’ll just say it’s very complicated and it involves DA Denver and it involves Dominic. What I love about the last moments of Laurel in the show was that you can really see her brain working through a lot of things and wondering if this is a coincidence — she’s definitely putting the pieces together. I’m excited to see how Laurel reacts.

How did Denver and Atwood and Laurel’s father and Dominic come together to kill Wes? What do they all have in on this?

That is the question you should be asking. The intended question for the audience is what is this web and how does it all interconnect? We will be telling you that next season.

(edited)

I really want Viola to say "no" to this show, so it doesn't continue. Nothing makes sense to me anymore, and the murder of Wes by someone we never met before (Dominic) is ridiculous. It just proves my theory that the show-runner has no idea what he's doing whatsoever. I bet Dominic will be the next victim during the 1st half of the 4th season.  

Edited by skotnikov
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't think ABC will cancel the show if Viola leaves. If she does, I can see Annalise being murdered, opening up a whole new mystery and them bringing in some other strong black actress as a sort of Annalise replacement. Now I'm not saying it will work and the ratings won't plummet but right now, HTGAWM is too highly rated for ABC to just throw it away just because Viola leaves.

Also some may be jumping the gun. Yes she won the Oscar which most have long figured was only a matter of time for Viola but let's face it, Oscars alone don't guarantee steady work in Hollywood and let's call a spade a spade, she's still a black actress and one who's in her 50's. Viola may be very happy to keep getting her steady paycheck from HTGAWM while having all the leeway she wants to do movies. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

I agree that I don't think her Oscar win is an indication that she will leave. As truthaboutluv pointed out, HTGAWM is a nice gig because it offers a steady paycheck and also allows her to do other things, like film roles that win her Oscars. Also, Viola loves playing Annalise. I can't see her wanting to give up this role anytime soon.

That being said, I do think the show will end when Viola decides she's done.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 3/1/2017 at 8:27 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

But another thing about that Nowalk interview is that he leaves open the door for AK truly admitting that Wes is her biological son. Which...please, no.

I  think he's saying he like having the fans question it. He enjoys the controversy

On 3/2/2017 at 5:57 PM, starri said:

With the Oscar win, I'm sure the 4th season will be the last.

I don't see her leaving anytime soon.  they are fairly flexible with her scheduling. She's made at least 3 movies I can recall since the show started. It's also given her a chance to be glamorous except when AK is having one of her fifty million breakdowns.  So far she appears to be having fun with the role. She is also a WOC of a certain age.  She's in a very good position now and knows it. For many actresses like her pickings are slim.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, helenamonster said:

I agree that I don't think her Oscar win is an indication that she will leave. As truthaboutluv pointed out, HTGAWM is a nice gig because it offers a steady paycheck and also allows her to do other things, like film roles that win her Oscars. Also, Viola loves playing Annalise. I can't see her wanting to give up this role anytime soon.

That being said, I do think the show will end when Viola decides she's done.

The show hits the magical 88 near the end of a sixth 15-episode season. I can picture the show ending there. Although with it being Shondaland, I can see things getting dragged out. Meredith Grey and co. were interns for a long-ass time. Has it even been a year since Rebecca died on the show?

And as we've seen in the past, winning an Oscar by no means guarantees a red-hot movie career. Hilary Swank got two, and she had to resort to a straight-to-Redbox thriller where she gets stalked by a crazed John Winchester.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 2/26/2017 at 7:44 PM, iheartET said:

If a child has one parent that is black, then they are half black and half of the other race. They are biracial. Despite what MOST people in society CHOOSE to believe.  How can a child that has 2 black parents and a another child who has ONE parent that is black and the OTHER parent white, be both considered 100 % black?!!! That doesn't make a any sense.

But nonetheless, I get your point regarding your last statement.

Christophe didn't look "white." That's what Annalise was referring to--having a black child in their family might be "shameful" or unacceptable in their social circle, or whatever. *We* all know that Christophe is mixed/biracial but someone that just sees him probably would register him as black. In any case, he's not 100% white like the rest of their family so people would know something was "up."

I agree that "weeping widow" Laurel is really annoying and even though she and Wes were friends since the beginning I don't buy this "love of my life" thing. However, Laurel is pregnant with his baby. Increased hormones aside, there is a life growing inside her that is half Wes. That, combined with the rosy memories of their time together she's no doubt experiencing, as well as sadness at picturing their future lives together with a child, is adding to her entitlement (maybe the wrong word) at being the one who knew Wes the best.

That said, I'm over her, lol.

Edited by rubinia

I really, really hope we don't have either character coming back in any meaningful way.

Meggie never really was developed as a character and has no real connection to the other characters now that Wes is gone. 

Simon was made to be super annoying. The fact that he slandered AK for no apparent reason and was still kept around is a big enough stretch. I'd rather not have to deal with the remaining AK minions trying to keep 3 seasons worth of misdeeds from him.

On another front, I was just thinking how the notion of AK being Wes's biological mom is absurd. We have it confirmed that Wes's biological dad is Charles Mahoney. So for AK to be his biological mom, they would have had to have done the dirty deed something like 10 years before she represented Charles. When she was presumably in her late 20s early 30s, and when Charles could have been as young as 16. Just no. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Dee said:

Has there been any word if Meggie and/or Simon will be returning next season?

Like Chicago Redshirt, I certainly hope not.  Meggy is cute and ups their "diversity quotient", but she wasn't fleshed out at all,m and added nothing to the story.

The less said about Simon, the better.

20 hours ago, iheartET said:

Yea I get your point. But you could also tell that he was mixed and wasn't only black.

And regarding Laurel I don't recall mentioning about her and on this post about Wes's race.

You didn't mention Laurel. That was a second point referring to people being annoyed by her weeping widow status.

I have no words to describe how much Laurel annoys me. Sure, some of it isn't her fault, but she's always casting fingers at everyone else. Well, looks like Wes would have been better off if he'd never slept with her. In the end, it seems it was her wackadoo family, not all the things they had to do to protect their hides, that marked his demise.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I can understand that Laurel lost a guy that she not only loved but who she considered a friend first, but I do agree that she annoys me, mostly because she acts as though Wes was a saint who was so much better than anyone else. I mean, yes, the poor guy had a shitty start in life, but he did kill Sam and happily covered it up, let nate take the fall and shot Annalise with the intent to kill her. Her saying that he deserved so much better than any other person in their circle is what grates me.

• Love 3

I can understand that Laurel lost a guy that she not only loved but who she considered a friend first, but I do agree that she annoys me, mostly because she acts as though Wes was a saint who was so much better than anyone else. I mean, yes, the poor guy had a shitty start in life, but he did kill Sam and happily covered it up, let nate take the fall and shot Annalise with the intent to kill her. Her saying that he deserved so much better than any other person in their circle is what grates me.

Yes!

I'd even argue that Michaela had a shittier childhood. At least Wes knows a mother's love, Michaela's never had that. His mother loved him, we saw that she loved him dearly as tragic as her life ended, and too soon. At least he can remember her loving him. Then he went into foster care, but all I got is that he remained poor not that he was abused, nor neglected in any of his foster homes. And yes, he too was a murderer. His redeeming qualities was that he was grateful to Anna as he out of all of them should have been,  and he wanted to practice law to help, helpless, poor immigrants like his mother I believe. But this shit where he was the best of us? Says who? Not me, that's for sure.

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 2

After seeing this episode three times and binge watching the complete series from season 1, I now see the light with the weight of this episode. There is more to it than just Laurel dating Wes. So now I'm guessing their unborn child is a key to keep everything connected. (So, yeah I guess you don't have to worry about Laurel getting an abortion or anything. That baby is the heir to a very complicated empire filled with consipiracies!! And it's F***ng awesome! Now let me help you all see what I'am seeing.

Season 1
Michaela, Connor and Asher, it makes sense for them to be part of the Keating 5. It's sort of expected. Wes is somewhat a given but if you look at it in a realistic way, there's a reason why Annaliese picked him (and that has become apparent over the course of three seasons). Not the mystery has always been Laurel. Hints about how awful her family is, and her father, whatever history it is, they've been dopping crumbles all over the place. The question why Keating picked Laurel, as posed by Bonnie, was initially painted as because of Frank. But then again, apparently Frank and Annaliese knew more about her and her background.

Season 2
More about Wes' backstory. Enters the Mahoneys and how their drama is connected to Annaliese and Sam's family troubles. And we all know about how Wes' mom killed herself in front of Annaliese that also cost her her baby. Now let's look back at something we sorta ignored because of all the happenings inside the Keating house, The Mahoney case! Charles was acccused of killing a key witness to a case against their empire. Embezzlements and whatnot. Rose (Wes' mom apparently lied to Annaliese) and did not testify.

Now back on Laurel, still many ignored here charecter (not me though, she's my favorite and those crumbles they've been dropping about her family, I try to pick them up) Apparently she's super loaded and her dad seems to be more powerful and connected than Asher's father. And she'd gone through worse than dumping her professor's husband's body. Now here's a key detail that most of us failed to recognize and must've sparked the fire. Wes and Laurel flew to Ohio to research on the Mahoney USING PAPA CASTILLO'S CREDIT CARD!!!

Season 3
Now we've seen more of Laurel and Wes and their secrets. The two of them. Wes and Annaliese. Annaliese and Laurel. As clear as day, while everyone else is seating at the kitty table, Laurel isn't. She's seated at the bigger table with the bosses. And yeah, welcome Papa Castillo! Here's a little show of how much connection he has. So since we all got to this episode, I assume we've we've all seen the rest of the show. Now let's make the connection.

Apparenlty, the story we've been seeing seems to be nothing compared to what is actually behind the curtain. Here's me Theory and Questions.

1.) Annaliese is in fact just a pawn. The major players are the Mahoneys and the Castillos. Making Wes and Laurel more than part of the Keating 5.

2.) The Mahoney case from ten years ago was just a portion of a bigger case. The whole embezzlement and laundering case most probably is the bigger story connecting the Mahoneys and Mr. Castillo.

So let's look at the Mahoneys and the questions so far:
3.) Who killed Vicky? Was it really Charles? And why?
4.) What did Vicky knew about the Mahoneys? Why is she a key witness to the Mahoneys' Money laundering or embezzlement case?
5.) What did Rose Edison knew about the Mahoneys? Where was she when Vicky died?
6.) Did the Mahoneys caused Annaliese's car accident?
7.) Did Sylvia Mahoney reached out to Wes? What does she mean when she said "You don't know anything" to Annaliese?
8.) Who was Wallace Mahoney talking to on the phone before he got killed in front of Wes? What did he mean by "... this thing we are dealing with..."?
9.) How did Charles Mahoney got out of prison from his first murder case? When did that case ended? Now that case is far beyond my imagination but I think we are heading that way for Season 4.

Let's connect how this old case matters.

10.) When Wes and Laurel decided to go to Ohio using her dad's credit card, waved a red flag to Mr.Castillo. Naturally, he followed their tracks. Discovered that they were looking into the Mahoney case. Then came Frank killing Mahoney forcing Wes to be a witness in his case and Sylvia Mahoney conducting a DNA test. Now on paper it shows that Wes is a Mahoney. Ding ding, Mr.Castillo discovered it. And in that search Wes and Laurel ended up with boxes of records. There must be something in those records that bridges the path from Mr.Castillo to Wes.

11.) So why did Laurel's dad put a hit in Wes and try to bring down Annaliese? I'm certain that it's not as simple as him discovering that Wes and Laurel are dating. There is a huge possibility that Jorge Castillo met in between season 2 & 3 or at the back doors of season 3.

Let me paint WES and some scenarios:
12.) Who was he talking to when he said "This is Christophe"? Sylvia Mahoney? Eve Rothlov? Jorge Castillo? Dominic?
13.) I'm certain that Wes knew who Dominic is. (He said "Why are you doing this?" not "Who are you?") But how? What was their connection?
14.) What did Wes learned about Jorge Castillo? (Flashback to Season3, Episode 3, Wes researching on Jorge Castillo)
15.) What happened during the summer between Season 2 & 3? Laurel was in Mexico, Wes was doing an internship. Apparently he was dodging her (Flashback Season 3 Episode 1, Laurel said he wasn't responding to her text messages) Did he discovered something about Jorge Castillo and the Mahoneys?
16.) Did Wes discovered something that he hid from Laurel when they were in Ohio? (Uhm, Laurel did the same to him)
17.) Did Wes conspired with Jorge Castillo against the Mahoneys?

18.) Remember this detail, during the Mahoney case, Bonnie was still an intern but Frank, he was working on the Mahoney case with Annaliese. With his and Annaliese's skills, they must've learned who Jorge Castillo is and what he does and whatever his connection with the bigger Mahoney case is. That's why they picked Laurel.

19.) There is someone bigger or something else between Mr.Castillo and the Mahoneys that they are either scared or have theirs hand tied on the back. (B613 maybe, or Olivia Popr)

20.)How possible it is that Laurel was papaMahoney's leverage to either acquit Charles or get out of the money laundering case? How come papaCastillo refused to pay ransom right?

21.) And what was Rose doing the night Charles Mahoney supposedly killed that Vicky girl? Why did she lie? Was she being raped by Charles at that time?

22.) Who is Vicky? Was she related to the Castillo's? Or maybe Dominic, the new guy?

Now in my world, I see more colors on this show now that I think this last episode is BRILLIANT!
Here's what I'm sure for next season:

1 - Wes is really dead. (unless papaCastillo pulled something out of his bag, for creative purposes, I hope not)
2 - Wes is undeniably the father of Laurel's baby. Making that child a Castillo and a Mahoney. The existence of that kid means chaos so I'm certain that he will survive all this drama. So expect a little curlyhaired baby with deep dimples and peircing blue eyes in Laurel's hands come Season 4 or 5.
3 - Eve Rothlo will be back! Remember when at the hospital when Sam told Eve that Annaliese is off the case, well, where did Eve go after that? Seriously, 10 years. A smart lawyer like her, she'd done something. And I'm guessing she was hired by the Mahoneys after.
4 - Frank and Annaliese probably have something against that they can hold on top of his head.
5 - Wes still have at least 8-10 episode flashbacks for next season. If not, they better put a tumor in Annaliese' brains and end up talking to an imaginary Wes.

So there you go. That is where my head went. From the moment Laurel speaks up that first day of school, to her using here dad's credit card to and her dad wanting Wes gone, and her seeking justice, I made up a map in my head that makes sense for a show like this.

As cruel as it is, if this is the map of the show, then cremating Wes was a necessary creative twist (though I really hate it) for Laurel to want to bring closure to his cruel life.

This is not a regular TV show so I'm betting my guess is closer than the conclusions I've been reading online. Like seriously, I don't think the writers would kill off Wes just because he was dating Laurel. Like what Annaliese said "The Quiet Ones are the most Dangerous". I wouldn't be surprised if the kill off Laurel next and leave "the child of the Quiet Ones" to Annaliese

-Now I'm excited for season 4! Bring it ON!
Never ignore every small detail on this show

PS. I'm pretty sure reading this is as confusing as watching the show, but aI have a very confusing brain so I guess I can keep up with their crazies.

• Love 7

I was quite distracted by the extremely fluffy towels behind Laurel's head while she was sitting in the bathroom listening to Michaela freak out right after Asher professed his love. So jealous of those! 

Is it just me, or did Frank seem to shave a few IQ points off with his beard? He seems less sure and intelligent than he did back in the suit-wearing days. It especially seemed odd how flustered he was while representing himself in court. I know he was never nearly as legally savvy as Bonnie, but I thought he was brighter than that.

Is it just me, or did Frank seem to shave a few IQ points off with his beard? He seems less sure and intelligent than he did back in the suit-wearing days. It especially seemed odd how flustered he was while representing himself in court. I know he was never nearly as legally savvy as Bonnie, but I thought he was brighter than that.

Nah, just less confidence and angst. I too wants his beard back. I think I like the beard more than him. At least with the beard, when he fails, you forget about his errors immediately.

@ArkisticMockery I like the way your brain works! I too am convinced there's some larger Castillo/Mahoney conspiracy. I'm not sure exactly what it is but I think there's a connection there, and I think Annalise knows about it.

Totally. I think she maybe a small player but she knows a lot about the Castillo and the Mahoneys. But I'm excited to discover the things she will uncover as well. What was Sylvia Mahoney implying durign their lunch? The things that Annalise doesn't know. And a closer look at Laurel from season 1 makes you wonder. Esp when Annalise said on Season 2 that "You've been through worse with your father."... So it means that dumping your professor's husband's body, throwing a dead-ADA's body off the roof, planting evidence and shooting your professor (i know it was her who shot Annalise, but still) what could be worse that any of these things, right?

I've always been intrigued with Laurel and have been waiting for her to be more than the TV wallflower. She's like a bullet slowly moving. If this show's title is "Who Can Get Away with Murder" she'd be first on the billing, second would be Bonnie. Everyone else will either be dead or imprisoned, and yeah, that is including Annalise Keating.

Laurel's official character profile at the ABC webpage described her as a "Secret Weapon". I guessed we've only been teased of what she can do this past 3 seasons, and we're about to discover more.

Isn't it exciting?

• Love 1

Let's place another question! What could be inside Wes' phone? (Or computer)
Wes is a pretty smart guy. He'd been through a lot in law school that he probably knows how to hack now. Or there might be a moment where he asked Oliver to hack Mr.Castillo for him.

My brain is kinda itching to learn these things!
September is just too long of a wait.

On 3/11/2017 at 2:59 PM, ArkisticMockery said:

After seeing this episode three times and binge watching the complete series from season 1, I now see the light with the weight of this episode. There is more to it than just Laurel dating Wes. So now I'm guessing their unborn child is a key to keep everything connected. (So, yeah I guess you don't have to worry about Laurel getting an abortion or anything. That baby is the heir to a very complicated empire filled with consipiracies!! And it's F***ng awesome! Now let me help you all see what I'am seeing.

Season 1
Michaela, Connor and Asher, it makes sense for them to be part of the Keating 5. It's sort of expected. Wes is somewhat a given but if you look at it in a realistic way, there's a reason why Annaliese picked him (and that has become apparent over the course of three seasons). Not the mystery has always been Laurel. Hints about how awful her family is, and her father, whatever history it is, they've been dopping crumbles all over the place. The question why Keating picked Laurel, as posed by Bonnie, was initially painted as because of Frank. But then again, apparently Frank and Annaliese knew more about her and her background.

Season 2
More about Wes' backstory. Enters the Mahoneys and how their drama is connected to Annaliese and Sam's family troubles. And we all know about how Wes' mom killed herself in front of Annaliese that also cost her her baby. Now let's look back at something we sorta ignored because of all the happenings inside the Keating house, The Mahoney case! Charles was acccused of killing a key witness to a case against their empire. Embezzlements and whatnot. Rose (Wes' mom apparently lied to Annaliese) and did not testify.

Now back on Laurel, still many ignored here charecter (not me though, she's my favorite and those crumbles they've been dropping about her family, I try to pick them up) Apparently she's super loaded and her dad seems to be more powerful and connected than Asher's father. And she'd gone through worse than dumping her professor's husband's body. Now here's a key detail that most of us failed to recognize and must've sparked the fire. Wes and Laurel flew to Ohio to research on the Mahoney USING PAPA CASTILLO'S CREDIT CARD!!!

Season 3
Now we've seen more of Laurel and Wes and their secrets. The two of them. Wes and Annaliese. Annaliese and Laurel. As clear as day, while everyone else is seating at the kitty table, Laurel isn't. She's seated at the bigger table with the bosses. And yeah, welcome Papa Castillo! Here's a little show of how much connection he has. So since we all got to this episode, I assume we've we've all seen the rest of the show. Now let's make the connection.

Apparenlty, the story we've been seeing seems to be nothing compared to what is actually behind the curtain. Here's me Theory and Questions.

1.) Annaliese is in fact just a pawn. The major players are the Mahoneys and the Castillos. Making Wes and Laurel more than part of the Keating 5.

2.) The Mahoney case from ten years ago was just a portion of a bigger case. The whole embezzlement and laundering case most probably is the bigger story connecting the Mahoneys and Mr. Castillo.

4.) What did Vicky knew about the Mahoneys? Why is she a key witness to the Mahoneys' Money laundering or embezzlement case?
5.) What did Rose Edison knew about the Mahoneys? Where was she when Vicky died?
7.) Did Sylvia Mahoney reached out to Wes? What does she mean when she said "You don't know anything" to Annaliese?
8.) Who was Wallace Mahoney talking to on the phone before he got killed in front of Wes? What did he mean by "... this thing we are dealing with..."?
9.) How did Charles Mahoney got out of prison from his first murder case? When did that case ended? Now that case is far beyond my imagination but I think we are heading that way for Season 4.

10.) When Wes and Laurel decided to go to Ohio using her dad's credit card, waved a red flag to Mr.Castillo. Naturally, he followed their tracks. Discovered that they were looking into the Mahoney case. Then came Frank killing Mahoney forcing Wes to be a witness in his case and Sylvia Mahoney conducting a DNA test. Now on paper it shows that Wes is a Mahoney. Ding ding, Mr.Castillo discovered it. And in that search Wes and Laurel ended up with boxes of records. There must be something in those records that bridges the path from Mr.Castillo to Wes.

11.) So why did Laurel's dad put a hit in Wes and try to bring down Annaliese? I'm certain that it's not as simple as him discovering that Wes and Laurel are dating. There is a huge possibility that Jorge Castillo met in between season 2 & 3 or at the back doors of season 3.

12.) Who was he talking to when he said "This is Christophe"? Sylvia Mahoney? Eve Rothlov? Jorge Castillo? Dominic?
13.) I'm certain that Wes knew who Dominic is. (He said "Why are you doing this?" not "Who are you?") But how? What was their connection?
14.) What did Wes learned about Jorge Castillo? (Flashback to Season3, Episode 3, Wes researching on Jorge Castillo)
15.) What happened during the summer between Season 2 & 3? Laurel was in Mexico, Wes was doing an internship. Apparently he was dodging her (Flashback Season 3 Episode 1, Laurel said he wasn't responding to her text messages) Did he discovered something about Jorge Castillo and the Mahoneys?
16.) Did Wes discovered something that he hid from Laurel when they were in Ohio? (Uhm, Laurel did the same to him)

18.) Remember this detail, during the Mahoney case, Bonnie was still an intern but Frank, he was working on the Mahoney case with Annaliese. With his and Annaliese's skills, they must've learned who Jorge Castillo is and what he does and whatever his connection with the bigger Mahoney case is. That's why they picked Laurel.

19.) There is someone bigger or something else between Mr.Castillo and the Mahoneys that they are either scared or have theirs hand tied on the back. (B613 maybe, or Olivia Popr)

20.)How possible it is that Laurel was papaMahoney's leverage to either acquit Charles or get out of the money laundering case? How come papaCastillo refused to pay ransom right?

21.) And what was Rose doing the night Charles Mahoney supposedly killed that Vicky girl? Why did she lie? Was she being raped by Charles at that time?

22.) Who is Vicky? Was she related to the Castillo's? Or maybe Dominic, the new guy?

Now in my world, I see more colors on this show now that I think this last episode is BRILLIANT!

1 - Wes is really dead. (unless papaCastillo pulled something out of his bag, for creative purposes, I hope not)
2 - Wes is undeniably the father of Laurel's baby. Making that child a Castillo and a Mahoney. The existence of that kid means chaos so I'm certain that he will survive all this drama. So expect a little curlyhaired baby with deep dimples and peircing blue eyes in Laurel's hands come Season 4 or 5.
3 - Eve Rothlo will be back! Remember when at the hospital when Sam told Eve that Annaliese is off the case, well, where did Eve go after that? Seriously, 10 years. A smart lawyer like her, she'd done something. And I'm guessing she was hired by the Mahoneys after.
4 - Frank and Annaliese probably have something against that they can hold on top of his head.
5 - Wes still have at least 8-10 episode flashbacks for next season. If not, they better put a tumor in Annaliese' brains and end up talking to an imaginary Wes.

So there you go. That is where my head went. From the moment Laurel speaks up that first day of school, to her using here dad's credit card to and her dad wanting Wes gone, and her seeking justice, I made up a map in my head that makes sense for a show like this.

As cruel as it is, if this is the map of the show, then cremating Wes was a necessary creative twist (though I really hate it) for Laurel to want to bring closure to his cruel life.

This is not a regular TV show so I'm betting my guess is closer than the conclusions I've been reading online. Like seriously, I don't think the writers would kill off Wes just because he was dating Laurel. Like what Annaliese said "The Quiet Ones are the most Dangerous". I wouldn't be surprised if the kill off Laurel next and leave "the child of the Quiet Ones" to Annaliese

PS. I'm pretty sure reading this is as confusing as watching the show, but aI have a very confusing brain so I guess I can keep up with their crazies.

IIRC Charles wasn't charged with conspiracy and embezzlement, he was charged with killing his girlfriend. Rose was to be his alibi that he was not at her apartment at the time of the murder, but in office working. I've always assumes Jorge and Wallace were in cahoots. I'll respond to that in the speculation thread.

On 3/12/2017 at 3:59 AM, ArkisticMockery said:

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

IIRC Charles wasn't charged with conspiracy and embezzlement, he was charged with killing his girlfriend. Rose was to be his alibi that he was not at her apartment at the time of the murder, but in office working. I've always assumes Jorge and Wallace were in cahoots. I'll respond to that in the speculation thread.

Check it again. Charles was in trial for the Murder of his ex fiancé Vicky. Vicky who was supposedly a key witness to a bigger family crime that has something to do with their hedge fund money when she was found dead. The question still lies, who killed her and why? What is this "crime" which she was the key witness...
It was mentioned by the prosecuting lawyer at the Mahoney Case during the episode in Season 2 with Annalise's flashback.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ArkisticMockery said:

Check it again. Charles was in trial for the Murder of his ex fiancé Vicky. Vicky who was supposedly a key witness to a bigger family crime that has something to do with their hedge fund money when she was found dead. The question still lies, who killed her and why? What is this "crime" which she was the key witness...
It was mentioned by the prosecuting lawyer at the Mahoney Case during the episode in Season 2 with Annalise's flashback.

I did. Charles was on trial for murder. The Mahoney family buisiness (Hedge funds) was under investigation by the FBI.  The prosecution's contention was that Vickie was going to testify against the family and that's why he killed her, but the charge was murder.

On 3/15/2017 at 1:32 PM, ArkisticMockery said:

I did. Charles was on trial for murder. The Mahoney family buisiness (Hedge funds) was under investigation by the FBI.  The prosecution's contention was that Vickie was going to testify against the family and that's why he killed her, but the charge was murder.

I know. I never said that the case from the flashbacks was not murder. I know he was charged with Vickie's murder wherein Rose Edmond (aka Wes' mom) was supposed to be a witness. What I was trying to point out was that the money issue (whatever it was, laundering or something) was what connects the Mahoney's to Jorge Castillo. I wasn't saying he was charged with something else. I was saying there is another case/scenario other than the murder of Charles' fiance which they only mentioned in passing but I think it is the bigger story other than that murder. That murder and Rose's death is just the tip of the iceberg.
The detail on the background are probably pieces of the puzzle.
Hope that's clear. :-)

• Love 1
On 3/16/2017 at 11:04 AM, ArkisticMockery said:

I know. I never said that the case from the flashbacks was not murder. I know he was charged with Vickie's murder wherein Rose Edmond (aka Wes' mom) was supposed to be a witness. What I was trying to point out was that the money issue (whatever it was, laundering or something) was what connects the Mahoney's to Jorge Castillo. I wasn't saying he was charged with something else. I was saying there is another case/scenario other than the murder of Charles' fiance which they only mentioned in passing but I think it is the bigger story other than that murder. That murder and Rose's death is just the tip of the iceberg.

Yeah I've been speculating for some time now that there is a Jorge Castillo/Wallace Mahoney connection.

On 3/16/2017 at 11:04 PM, ArkisticMockery said:

Yeah I've been speculating for some time now that there is a Jorge Castillo/Wallace Mahoney connection.

What I've been trying to figure out is Wes' connection that is not just his DNA. There are so many things that could've happend during the summer break (of course he must have done something to learn more about the Mahoney's) or at the backdoors which we never get to see. Who was he talking to. Is it really In Case of Emergency or is it a code (ICE) could also point out to Immigration and Customs Enforcement which also connects Eve Rothlo again.

Did Frank's phone call to Laurel when she was in Miami (where he mentioned that Annalise sent a hitman) have any weight on the attempt to bring Annalise down?

Let's just say, Laurel have all the rights to be paranoid right now.

The conspiracy theories are really intriguing. And I'm loving it more.

On 3/21/2017 at 1:31 AM, ArkisticMockery said:

What I've been trying to figure out is Wes' connection that is not just his DNA. There are so many things that could've happend during the summer break (of course he must have done something to learn more about the Mahoney's) or at the backdoors which we never get to see. Who was he talking to. Is it really In Case of Emergency or is it a code (ICE) could also point out to Immigration and Customs Enforcement which also connects Eve Rothlo again.

Did Frank's phone call to Laurel when she was in Miami (where he mentioned that Annalise sent a hitman) have any weight on the attempt to bring Annalise down?

Let's just say, Laurel have all the rights to be paranoid right now.

The conspiracy theories are really intriguing. And I'm loving it more.

I get what you are saying, but since it's not really episode specific, I'll reply in speculations thread,

The most disappointing thing about this entire season (besides Laurel making Wes's death All! About! Her!) was losing Wes and still being stuck with Oliver. He is the worst. Followed by Laurel and then Conor.

Edited by Chas411