Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E09: Week 9

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I don't think the average member of the public knows what misogynistic actually means.  If they did, they wouldn't be applying it to Nick.  That dude worships women, especially strong women.  Anyone who calls him misogynistic either doesn't watch the show or is a complete moron.  It brings to mind people who like to cry "bully!" just because someone calmly disagrees with them or points out that they might be wrong about something.  People like to cry about stuff without having a clue as to what their words really mean.

• Love 14
5 minutes ago, Canada said:

I don't think the average member of the public knows what misogynistic actually means.  If they did, they wouldn't be applying it to Nick.  That dude worships women, especially strong women.  Anyone who calls him misogynistic either doesn't watch the show or is a complete moron.  It brings to mind people who like to cry "bully!" just because someone calmly disagrees with them or points out that they might be wrong about something.  People like to cry about stuff without having a clue as to what their words really mean.

I totally agree. I think that's why I'm weirdly protective over Nick and why I sometimes feel like I'm watching the show from some parallel universe where the word "misogynist" has a completely different meaning...but I guess that's just the wonders of the internet for you lol. ;) 

• Love 4
(edited)

1992austenlover, thank you for expressing everything I wanted to say but much more beautifully! I'm a very new Nick fan! I think he is very cute, charming guy and don't get all the negative reaction against him, either he's "boring", or a "jerk". I'm glad there are more Nick fans here! I personally wish he chose Kristina, but happy with his final pick! Looking forward to seeing him on DWTS!

15665450_1230105117084473_758493050269471062_n.jpg

Edited by mistygracie
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, 1992austenlover said:

I've really enjoyed Nick as the bachelor and I really don't think that he's the sleazy, classless misogynist that some people like to make him out to be. I

We don't think he's sleazy and classless.   We think he's boring.   And unemployed.   

• Love 4

Raven had rehabilitated herself from her TMI stiletto story, only to go all TMI again.   Their FS date was excruciating with listening to her ramble on in what seemed like real time.  And I generally like Raven and how she's handled herself this season-- no pun intended  

I could feel the chill between Vanessa and Rachel at the rose ceremony.  Contrast it with all three women smiling at Corinne when she appeared, Raven hugging Corinne at the end, and Raven and Rachel chatting a bit after. 

The preview of Nick and Vanessa next week when she acts so dismayed that he doesn't consider himself "traditional" -- what planet is she on?  Yep V, a 36 year old guy who has spend the last few years of his life madly flitting from one Fleiss production to another is a real traditional man.  I'm sure he can't wait to settle down into a quiet family life.  

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, 1992austenlover said:

He's been called a lot of things...I'm just naming a few. 

Most posts about Nick bemoan the way he talks and how utterly bored we are this season.   (And the crying.  Good God, the crying.)  

I don't care who Nick bounces with in the bounce house or what he does in the fantasy suites.  I'm just bored SHITLESS.   I was looking forward to an entertaining season with someone who knew the ropes, who knew (I thought) what it took to entertain the wine-drinking Bachelor Nation.  The editors clearly decided to substitute a larger personality (Corinne's) for Nick's.    

Edited by hyacinth
I cleaned up my post a little.
  • Love 3
Just now, hyacinth said:

Most posts about Nick bemoan the way he talks and how utterly bored we are this season.   (And the crying.  Good God, the crying.)  

I don't care who Nick fucks or doesn't fuck.  I'm just bored SHITLESS.   I was looking forward to an entertaining season with someone who knew the ropes, who knew (I thought) what it took to entertain the wine-drinking Bachelor Nation.   Instead, I think Nick has tried to repair an image that didn't need repairing.    

I'm new to this board so my observations have primarily come from comments that I've seen on social media. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I don't think that Nick is boring--in fact, I think that the conversations that he's had with the women have been a lot deeper and even edgier than what I'm used to seeing on the show. But again, to each their own.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I think Raven likes to say things for effect. She seems to want to shock or at least surprise people with how wild she can be. I think a lot of what she says is exaggerated. She maybe threw her shoe at the ex, or hit him once with it, she has probably pleasured herself into an orgasm (God I hope so, otherwise, I will just feel too bad for the girl!) but that doesn't sound as cool as attacking him with her stiletto or never having had an orgasm.

I can't help but wonder if she was angling for her own reality show but that got eaten by The Great and Powerful Vagine! She's definitely got Paradise written all over her. I was turned off of her back when I heard she had made Team Raven tee shirts before she show even started.

I've always believed there was a lot about the stiletto story that didn't add up and said as much after it aired. I think it was very exaggerated also what with kicking down doors and no mention of her ex or the other woman fighting back. Like she just went in there and wiped the floor up with them...lol. Highly unlikely. And I don't believe she's never had a orgasm either. She's at least pleasured herself even if she's not achieved it during sex although I have my doubts she deliberately lied about it. As I said above I think she's too ignorant to realize masturbating is a orgasm too.

I don't agree about BIP though. With her naive words and actions I think she would be devoured on the show. And if she does show up I think it would then strain the limits of credibility about her naivete. Especially now that she's surely received negative feedback about her actions on this show. If she's willing to go on after all that and shows that she's not as ignorant as some of us think then yes I'll agree she has been manipulating people the whole time.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, WhoAmIReally said:

Is that her natural hair or is it a weave?  I cannot tell.  I'm assuming they'll fix it up when she's the Bachelorette.

Oh believe they are already on it... here she is on Kimmel at her perplexingly early announce:

3D2FB47C00000578-4222092-image-m-58_1487

• Love 2

I thought Ben (Peter Brady Ben) was pretty boring.  Jojo was so painfully boring I got through 2 episodes and couldn't take it anymore.  Now Nick is boring.  All these boring leads?  Or is it not them, but the show that has become boring?  Maybe this franchise has run its course (although ratings probably indicate otherwise).

• Love 6
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Or is it not them, but the show that has become boring? 

It is this. The show is so formulaic now that there is no way for it to not be boring. I think the wocky editing is an attempt to make it more interesting as is the focus on assholes and bimbos looking to get more TV gigs. It is not working for me, though some seem to love the 'charactures'. I don't and wish this show had actually focused more on Nick's search for love and less on Raven's overshares and Corinne's idiocy. I think I've overstayed my welcome with this show. But I like Nick and want to see the rest of this season through. Then I am so out. Life it too short for this shit.

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, hyacinth said:

Well, it's gotta be romantic, or entertaining.   Now it's neither.  I like BIP better at this point.   

Yeah, I actually like the formulaic part of the show. It's when they try to do things different unnecessarily, they lose me. Like having rose ceremonies at the beginning of the episode. They have also failed in the romance portion of the show for the last few series. They can't even edit properly to fake a little romance and single dates haven't been as grand as the earlier seasons. 

I too like BIP at the moment more because at least that show still knows what it is about. The original franchise lost focus on what it's supposed to be. 

I have found JUAN PABLO! season more romantic than Nick's. More women seemed to be into Juan Pablo than into Nick in their respective seasons. I'm not saying that is the truth, but that is how it is being edited. 

It is also a mistake they got rid of most of the cocktail parties. That is the only way the viewers can see the "progression" of each relationship without them going on dates. 

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 6

I agree that the more they try to mess with the format, the worse the show gets. I have not come by one person who likes the pointless cliffhangers and mid-episode rose ceremonies. Who cares about Taylor coming back or Nick storming off or Andi standing behind the door? It's just annoying when the first half hour of each episode is wasted on that nonsense plus a rose ceremony. I'm sure I'm not the only one who just wants them to be over with as quickly as possible. Kind of ruins the suspense rose ceremonies were originally designed for. And the total obsession they have with "villains"! They were hammering us with Olivia, then Chad and now Corinne. They aren't nearly as interesting or relevant to the "journey" as the editors seem to think. A little would go a long way. Now we miss out on seeing any genuine relationship development because they'd rather show us some idiot shoving food in their mouth. So frustrating. I get that there are only so many things that can happen in the confines of this social experiment and pretty much all of them have in 33 seasons, but screwing up the continuity and focusing on dumbasses isn't the answer.

I'm gonna have to check out Rachel's season just to see if more diversity can breathe some life into this show, but I'm not holding my breath. Seems like the cast gets more vapid and famewhorish every season and their only aspiration in life is to become an IG shiller or a lifestyle blogger. It's boring.

• Love 12
On 3/4/2017 at 3:50 AM, Wandering Snark said:

Oh believe they are already on it... here she is on Kimmel at her perplexingly early announce:

3D2FB47C00000578-4222092-image-m-58_1487

Not really loving this.  It's the typical Bachelorette/Bachelor contestant hairdo.  I think she deserves something more unique.

• Love 1
On 3/3/2017 at 9:21 PM, hyacinth said:

We don't think he's sleazy and classless.   We think he's boring.   And unemployed.   

He's just as unemployed as everyone else who has been the lead The Bachelor/ette. I don't think unemployed is fair unless he was unemployed before he started the show, which, from what I've read, is pretty far from truth. Everybody has to take time off of work to be on this show. If Nick is considered unemployed for being on the show, then they're all unemployed. I don't think that's a fair description for any of the leads or contestants (or whatever we're supposed to call them). It implies that they've been doing nothing their whole lives and don't intend to work, or intend to live off of somebody else. If that were the case, Nick should have kept richy rich Corrine. Her dad said she has no problem being the breadwinner. 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Nowhere said:

He's just as unemployed as everyone else who has been the lead The Bachelor/ette.

You're right, Nowhere, I think I was unfair to Nick!  I've read that Jade and Tanner have made a cool million this year from Instagram ads!  Clearly, Instagram and or other entrepreneurial forays could make Nick very financially successful.  I will definitely call in to support him on DWTS, especially since I think some of the other contestants have extensive dancing backgrounds.   

I have unfortunately watched every Bachelor, and have the dead brain cells to prove it.  I think perhaps with some of the past Bachelors it was more clear what job they would do at the end of the taping, since some were in established professions they were clearly going back to, or they owned (or their families owned) a business.   

I think Chris Soules was perhaps the best catch financially of all the Bachelors, and of course the farm was clearly his employment. (I always wondered if Andi or Becca the receptionist had done the math for the Iowa farmland his family owned.)

Whatever Nick chooses to do in the future, I will say that he behaved like a gentleman throughout this process.  (Which is maybe why I'm bored. :-))   

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 7

@hyacinth I don't remember Nick's exact job title but he tweets about his work sometimes. I just don't remember what it is.

You're right that this is a boring season but not as boring as JoJo or Ben I don't think. Kaitlyn's season was interesting because she's straight up nuts and just did what she wanted and said what she wanted. The format of her season was terrible though and that's what they're bringing to Nick's season. It plain sucks with the Rose ceremonies at the beginning or non-existent.

I like Nick because he takes interest in the women, refers to them as women, and respects them but even with that the whole thing comes across as boring because, like some have already stated, Nick is a one-woman man. He has no idea what he's doing with all these women. He knew he wanted Vanessa from the start so he probably feels like he's cheating on his girlfriend but has to pretend to actually like twenty others. He sort of reminds me of Will Ferrel in Taledega Nights when he didn't know what to do with his hands in his on-camera interviews. That's how Nick is with all the women besides Vanessa lol.

I don't think I've mentioned my opinion on the convo with Andi. I can't stand her. She's just telling Nick to sleep with the women so she can call him a hypocrite later. I hope he's smart enough to see through it. 

26 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I don't remember Nick's exact job title but he tweets about his work sometimes. I just don't remember what it is.

Nick was an Account Executive at Salesforce when he appeared on Andi's season. They must have really liked him because he was still working with them when they allowed him to go on Kaitlyn's season as well and he was still there after the season wrapped. A little after that though is when he left and moved to LA to hang around it seemed. He's since started referring to living in LA in the past, so not sure where exactly he's going to call home these days and has started an online grooming men's business with some business partners. I think it launched this past week. There is a link the media thread. 

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:52 AM, ByTor said:

I thought Ben (Peter Brady Ben) was pretty boring.  Jojo was so painfully boring I got through 2 episodes and couldn't take it anymore.  Now Nick is boring.  All these boring leads?  Or is it not them, but the show that has become boring?  Maybe this franchise has run its course (although ratings probably indicate otherwise).

I think the show has been boring, but I don't find Nick boring.    I'm bored with the way the show gives away the best bits in the previews.  I'm bored when the structure of the show is messed with - I want an episode to end with who gets roses and who gets eliminated.   I want the show to NOT drag things out unnecessarily.  

What I really find boring is when there's a "character"  like Corrine, who gets a ton of air time, even though it was clear that She and Nick were not a good match. Because the show focused so much on her, we didn't get to see some of the relationships develop. 

I don't want to be hit over the head with the same thing over and over.   Corrine has a "nanny",  Rachel, and every person in her family, have to ask Nick if he's ever dated a Black girl before.  Raven - well, we all know Raven's tragic non-orgasmic backstory.  (because she said it a million times!)  Enough already!  these are real people - stop editing them to be one-dimensional characters.

• Love 7

I would enjoy watching a real romance unfold.  That's something I've enjoyed on BIP.  I probably would have enjoyed Nick more if they'd just shown more of his wry wit.  And he IS empathetic towards the women's feelings, I agree.  I haven't given him enough credit for that.   Maybe some of my boredom with this season has been the editing.   

• Love 2

This season has been horribly edited. There are episodes where the preview for the night's episode show one thing and the actual episode was completely different. Case in point, the episode with the volleyball group date in St. Thomas. The preview at the start referred to it as being one of the sexiest nights on television and they showed Nick and Raven kissing on some bed, some flirty stuff with other women, etc.

But instead, all we got in the actual episode was crazy Jasmine losing her mind and talking about choking Nick, all the women upset at the volleyball group date with no context as to why they were, a throwaway comment from Rachel what seemed to be the next day that Raven got the group rose because they didn't even show that. The whole thing was one poorly edited mess. 

And of course there is the way they've edited him and Vanessa, which has everyone saying if he picked her they have no shot in hell of lasting because the edit make them seem completely incompatible. I liked how Sharleen pointed out in her recap of their second 1 on 1, how they made it seem like there was all this serious conversation on the yacht and yet the promo for the season clearly showed them from a distance, I guess crew might have left for a bit, with Vanessa fully on top of Nick with some serious make out action happening on the yacht. But they didn't show that. Instead it's just her whiny crying and him rejecting her I Love You.

And the funny thing is, despite it being clear that yes, these are multi-dimensional people rather than the one-note character the show edits them as, viewers continue to fall for those edits.  I've seen so many comments online about how Vanessa only complains, she only whines, she's always lecturing Nick and it boggles my mind that anyone thinks if that were really the case, Vanessa would still be there? Like if all Vanessa was, was this downer complaining to Nick constantly he'd be into her enough to keep her around that long? Or maybe the editors are doing everything they can to convince viewers that Raven was ever a viable option and that there is no way Nick picks Vanessa even if that's who was likely interested in from day one and was always going to pick. 

• Love 1

The editing is killing this show. I watched last weeks, yet, I can't remember where we left off. Did they finish Raven's date or is it supposed to continue tonight? God, I don't want it to continue tonight. It was boring as ass last week. Why can't it just be over now? I hated back where they were getting roses randomly on dates not remembering who had one by the time, a week later, we finally got to the rose ceremony. I just don't care enough to keep notes on who has what and where we've left off. This isn't that kind of show. I liked ending with a rose ceremony, basically wrapping that weeks exploits up with a nice bow and preparing for the next round. That is how the show works best. And I miss the days before there were "characters".

I think I would have liked this season if they'd focused more on Nick and his chosen one and less on Corinne and how much whatsherface hated her or how much she napped or how much she ate or the fact she is a spoiled little rich girl. I just don't care. I wish they had kicked her off early and just given her her own show like production and her clearly want, and then we could have actually watched Nick's journey.

• Love 5
Just now, Mabinogia said:

The editing is killing this show. I watched last weeks, yet, I can't remember where we left off. Did they finish Raven's date or is it supposed to continue tonight? God, I don't want it to continue tonight.

I think it will pick up from the morning after, which with this show's complete lack of subtlety, we'll be led to believe Nick took care of her orgasm problem. Good times. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I think it will pick up from the morning after, which with this show's complete lack of subtlety, we'll be led to believe Nick took care of her orgasm problem. Good times.

I guess we should be grateful if we get to skip the shot of the room, curtains closed while dubbed sex noises are played over music that builds to a climax.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I wish they had kicked her off early and just given her her own show like production and her clearly want, and then we could have actually watched Nick's journey.

It sure would have been different if we, for example, saw the season through Nick's eyes instead of through Corinne's eyes. She was our eye/commentary on the season, not Nick.

• Love 5