Type keyword(s) to search

Mary Winchester: This Girl is on Fire

rue721
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I had to work to get Mary on the ballot,  too.  They asked me twice about her eligibility for this year's awards. *  So vote! 😊

*(though that's probably because I misunderstood what they were asking the first time)☺

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 3
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 12:36 PM, Myrelle said:

Yeah, this is the worst thing about her resurrection to me, too.

But I can still watch the early season episodes and appreciate them as much as I always have mostly because I think that I have somewhat blocked the memory of the last three seasons of this show now that we've gotten an end time for it.

I have no problems watching the early episodes. To me, everything since "Oh by the way, God has a sister" has been the product of a Jinn-cousin poison induced nightmare. The final episode will end with Bobby Ewing stepping out of a shower. And I'm good with it. The current episodes and the past couple of seasons are the ones that I have a very hard time watching again. And Mary just makes it all worse for me. The character is one of the biggest epic fails to hit television. And the "tug at the heartstrings til they barf" final episode of her clinched it for me. This character was firmly in the Don't go away mad, just go away category. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, strippedhalo said:

I really agree! (That was my nomination, lol.)

I was really, really hoping that would make it into the finals!  (I saw all the wonderful nominations that had already been made and noticed that Mary had been missed for some reason so I added her...)  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Rewriting history.  Mary didn't leave because she felt she was a liability, she left becasue Sam and Dean weren't the kids she wanted.

Seriously,  the actress is as delusional as the character if she actually believes that.

I sincerely hope she stays dead for S15. 

• Love 6

So I had an epiphany while watching Dark Side of the Moon on TNT this morning.  Dabb/Loflin wrote that script.  I always thought that Mary was a manipulation of Zacharia.  But now I think this is always how Dabb saw her.  A cold manipulating b**** who never loved her sons and betrayed them the first chance she got.

• Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

So I had an epiphany while watching Dark Side of the Moon on TNT this morning.  Dabb/Loflin wrote that script.  I always thought that Mary was a manipulation of Zacharia.  But now I think this is always how Dabb saw her.  A cold manipulating b**** who never loved her sons and betrayed them the first chance she got.

Oh, absolutely. I've been thinking that too, as soon as Dabb's version of Mary appeared, and my opinion was only solidified every second she spent on screen until she was mercifully killed off again.

In Dabb's mind Mary was playing a role when she was "mom". She resented her kids, she especially resented Dean.

So in this respect you can say Dabb at least always stuck to his own old canon where it concerns Mary.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, PAForrest said:

Oh, absolutely. I've been thinking that too, as soon as Dabb's version of Mary appeared, and my opinion was only solidified every second she spent on screen until she was mercifully killed off again.

In Dabb's mind Mary was playing a role when she was "mom". She resented her kids, she especially resented Dean.

So in this respect you can say Dabb at least always stuck to his own old canon where it concerns Mary.

How did he become showrunner again?  Nobody else was available?

• Love 1