Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E18: Sand Cloud, Ora Organic, DARTdrones, The Elephant Pants

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

On 2/25/2017 at 0:35 AM, LakeGal said:

Mr Lake has a drone.  I gave it to him for Christmas a couple years ago.  He didn't need a course on how to use it. 

Keep in mind the woman said they found a lot more interest in commercial drone classes than recreational ones - which isn't surprising.

On 2/25/2017 at 11:41 AM, Quickbeam said:

As an aging hippy I went to the elephant pants guys web site. All the pants have a 29" inseam which makes them long shorts on me. No talls, no other inseams possible. Pass. They also try and sell them as yoga pants.

My 14 year old son would find these too short.  That's a silly limitation.  I can see not wanting to have every possible inseam length but how about small, medium and large?

On 2/25/2017 at 3:25 PM, chocolatine said:

I have no problem with Mark stating that his offer was only good if it was accepted immediately. It's *much* better than what Kevin has done several times this season, make an offer then suddenly drop out without warning as the entrepreneur is hearing other offers. I also love that Mark is very concise when he explains why he is or is not making an offer, unlike Lori who bloviates forever before dropping out.

The longer Lori talks the more likely she is going out.  I'd time it if I were pitching something - if she goes beyond 15 seconds just say "I get it, you're out, thanks for your time Lori" and move on to someone else.

• Love 4
On 2/26/2017 at 11:30 AM, Latverian Diplomat said:

On a different topic, is it becoming painfully obvious that no one wants to work with Kevin? I find his personality off putting, and his attempts to push elaborate deals tedious, but is that it? Or does he have a poor track record in his invested in businesses?

I'm not sure. People were asking the same question with regards to Robert just a few weeks ago, and he's made a handful of deals since then. With the exception of Lori and Mark, the deal making occasionally is streaky. Kevin has always been one of the stingier sharks - he tends to make fewer offers and tends to make more aggressive offers. He has the lowest investment rate of any of the regulars.

• Love 1
On 2/26/2017 at 5:08 PM, wings707 said:

They also make Hammer pants!  LOL!  with boots, no less.  

TEP_Product-BalaramaHammer_1200715womens

The pants I bought (in pic above) look pretty silly styled with a leather jacket and boots.  With flip flops and a Tee for around the house would have been a better idea and how I intend to wear them.

This is a divisive topic in fashion, but I think dropped-crotch pants are hideous. Those pants, and the way the model is standing, make her look like she has an over-full diaper.

Edited by bilgistic
  • Love 9

The towels were a dumb idea and way too expensive. I don't think spring breakers or families with children ate going to spend $47 on a towel. They were way too thin for the beach. And their idea of the towel with the pillow has been around for at least ten years as I have some of those.  Didn't like the attitude of the supplement guys. 

• Love 1
(edited)
On 2/27/2017 at 11:54 AM, ae2 said:

I'm not sure. People were asking the same question with regards to Robert just a few weeks ago, and he's made a handful of deals since then. With the exception of Lori and Mark, the deal making occasionally is streaky. Kevin has always been one of the stingier sharks - he tends to make fewer offers and tends to make more aggressive offers. He has the lowest investment rate of any of the regulars.

You're right about Robert and streaks, but I don't think Kevin makes fewer offers. I think he makes more offers, but they're often so extreme that we don't take them seriously. Perhaps it's gone down of late, but there have been many times when everyone else dropped out and we had to hear "So all roads lead back to Mr. Wonderful."

Edited by Amarsir
  • Love 3

In my opinion, the problem with businesses that use a percentage of their profits for charitable causes is that the customers are the ones actually donating through purchasing the product that has a higher price point due to the anticipated donation.  However, the business gets the tax write-off even though the business is really just collecting the money from customers, but getting the benefit of that same money via a tax break when they declare their donations.

• Love 2