Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: The Big Day

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

43 minutes ago, ariel said:

Maybe there is no interest in the fundy community for the Duggar men.  They might find them as creepy as we do.

Even though Josh has repented for all of those devilish fortresses around his heart, I wonder if other fundie families paint the Duggar brothers guilty by association? Not for the cheating, obviously, but for the molestations. These families may not realize they're doing it, but it could be a subconscious thing like steering your daughter away from interest in the Duggar boys and towards a Paine or a Bates.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, ariel said:

Maybe there is no interest in the fundy community for the Duggar men.  They might find them as creepy as we do.

What woman in her right mind would want to marry a man who has never held a job and doesn't appear to want one?

• Love 16
11 hours ago, Evagirl said:

I would enjoy seeing the older boys in a relationship - John David, Joe etc.  When one of the younger boys was courting, they hardly mentioned it, let alone show anything.  Then the next thing you know, they broke up.

At least on the Bates when Nathan was in a relationship with the young lady from New York, we got to see a lot of their dynamics.  It was interesting in one way because the Bates aren't as straight-laced as the Duggers.  Their kids are allow to really "hug" the folks they're courting, and even hold hands by golly!  When the relationship didn't work out because the young 'uns realized that Nathan wouldn't be happy in the city and she wouldn't be happy as a country girl, it was refreshing to see how REAL people react.  Nathan breaking down and being loved on by his parents really touched me.  His pain was so real.  Yet, these kids were both adult enough to know that what they felt for each other wouldn't last if they were miserable in other areas of their life.

I think I heard John David say he was never going to get married.  I really don't know what's up with these Dugger men.  And I also don't know why TLC seems reluctant to show the Dugger men in a relationship.  They showed Josh and Anna to the point I was sick of them - LOL!

I've never heard JD say he'll never get married. 1-2 seasons ago when he built that playground for his siblings, he said - Lord willing I'll have kids and will build something like this for my own kids. You could hear in his voice how much he wanted that. But then the following season when prodded by a producer re marriage he said something like - I'm not thinking about it, I don't have time for that. To me that sounded like the defeated way that I and many of my single friends act sometimes - like you don't want a spouse/kids anyway so if it doesn't happen, doesn't matter bc you never wanted it . . . . I felt bad for him.

• Love 13

Part of me wonders if JD had a failed a courtship or more likely -- approached someone being interested to court and she or her father said no -- and that has made him gun shy. Only reason I think that is bc JD was supposedly very supportive and helpful to Zach Bates when his first courtship failed -- Kelly has said it and I believe JD was a groomsmen for Zach's wedding to Whitney. It's possible he was just  good friend, but it's not like he lives next door and was serving as a day to day distraction to Zach; maybe he was helpful bc he had experience in that area. It would have been 5-6 yrs ago -- bc Zach started courting Whitney in 2013, so presumably his first courtship was in 2011 or 2012; JD would have been 22-ish then and it's possible that at 20-21, he was trying to court someone and got rejected. That would've been the age that the Duggars were aiming at for their sons to court pre-scandal -- like Josh who was 19-20 at marriage.

He's a good guy. I'm not surprised that she hasn't but I wish Jessa would put her match making skills to use for JD like she did for Jinger. I'm sure though that she thinks her brother is a loser bc he isn't a "hottie" like her husband. But unlike her husband he will be able to provide for a wife whether thru construction, house flips, the towing company, with his pilots license or all of the above. And he seems like a low key guy who won't be all that authoritarian with a wife -- I think at this point he'll just be happy to have a wife who loves him and a few kids -- and not necessarily require her to birth dozens of kids for him . . . .

• Love 10

I do not think JD gets paid to fly people around since it is mostly family and friends he gets to fly around. JB owns the planes and probably has complete control on the whole operation. And to be honest about it, I do not think any of the Duggars sons are great catches because they are still under JB's control, and they have been considered "damaged" in relations to how others in the Gothard movement because of Josh's actions. I am not saying JD is another Josh, but he is still creepy in my opinion. He reminds me of the weird, scary, stalkers types in a bad Lifetime channel movie.

If JD was/is close to Zach Bates I wish he would follow his friend's lead and find a non Gothard stunted bride. I do not watch the show, but some people commented JD seemed to have a sense of humor based on Jinger's wedding. Heck, Jeremy can introduce JD to almost normal women.

• Love 3

No normal women with half a brain would not want to marry into the Duggar family. The brain power grows smaller and smaller with every minute a potential suitor/mate comes a'calling and marries one of the Duggar ducklings. JB lucked out with Anna because she blindly goes along with what JB, Michelle, and Josh want and expect from her. Derick and Ben are too far gone to get any power to get away from Duggar Land/Cult, and the verdict is still out on Jeremy and Austin.

On 2/21/2017 at 2:47 AM, Tabbygirl521 said:

Aw. That's my birthday. Also the day the Josh molestation news broke in 2015. 

My birthday is the day the news broke about Ashley Madison. I may or may not have delighted in my birthday present.

ETA: a present of juicy gossip. I feel horribly for Anna and her children.

Edited by Marshmallow Mollie
My heart is cold but not that cold.
  • Love 3

I just watched this one last night.  It was definitely a much better production than the other weddings.  And they do look hot for each other.  Towards the end Jinger's lipstick was gone.  No fish kisses for them. Seemed open mouth!  Even the first one.  Oh my.  Go Jinger.  I hope Jeremy isn't the one that has to work on being joyfully available.  And, I've said before, Michelle is an attractive woman.  If she would ditch the old fashioned hair style that her headship commands and demands, and had some decent clothes, she would be nice to look at.  Not to listen to, either in what comes out of her mouth or the baby voice, but to just look at.  She isn't in bad shape for all those kids either.  

• Love 3

I know JD isn't being paid to fly anyone around. But if he ever wanted to take a wife and stand on his own 2 feet, he has a marketable skill bc he has a pilot's license; he could gainfully be employed by a charter flight company or FedEx/UPS or even for a small airport in an office job. And besides the pilot thing - he could run the towing company full time or switch to construction. Way better off than the rest of these Duggar boys and fundie boys like Bin who have no marketable skills. Obviously the family is the albatross around his neck and I think most fundie fathers don't want to marry their daughters into that family bc they have no way of knowing if there's some ongoing abuse or something. I do wish he'd take a page from Zach's playbook -- or maybe even rely on Zach a bit to advise him on what to do -- and meet a girl the "normal" way.  A girl who sees him daily bc he comes in for lunch or coffee and chats with her is MUCH more likely to view him as a dorky but nice guy who'd make a decent husband. She's much more likely to see it as marrying HIM, not marrying into the Duggar family -- bc she wouldn't participate in the whole chaperoned courtship with 2 sets of parents and questionnaires. And he's likely to be able to talk to her honestly about how he's not his brother and despises him. And they could come to a compromise to live a life that's conservative Christian without being entirely isolated from the world . . . .

Did Jin and Jer kiss before the wedding? I found it interesting that they were able to kiss on the walk back down the aisle with no hesitation -- not common for 2 people who've never kissed before -- they'd be likely to miss, the guy would need to hold her head etc. Though I wonder if it's "easier" for them bc Jer has likely kissed his fair share of women. So while Jinger doesn't know what to do -- he can move in for a kiss with quick aim bc it isn't his first time.

• Love 4

I think it's possible that JB could surprise everybody by announcing that one of his sons is courting, because when it comes to hanging onto that TLC contract with a death grip, he has no equal. Well, although Jessa's pretty good at that too. 

Anyway, there may be some fundie dad out there who's deep enough into the Kool-aid to still be all dazzled by the Duggars and anxious to get a dependent off his hands. 

I keep thinking about the 50-page questionnaire that Boob has required all guys to complete before they can court one of his daughters. I don't remember - do girls who want to court Duggar sons, have to fill it out too?

• Love 2

They never said but I got the sense that it is a prospective husband questionnaire, but a prospective wife one. Bc it asks about money/finances and spiritual views -- and they view the man as being the headship so his religious views better be right to be able to guide whichever dumb Duggar daughter he is interested in. Though to be fair, maybe they make a prospective wife submit a gynecologist report? I mean perish the thought - but what if there was a decreasing ovarian reserve or PCOS that made it hard to conceive or some other condition making it dangerous to have more than 1-2 pregnancies? Seriously though - I think it's the guys' form.

I don't put it past JB to find a wife for one of the sons to mix up the seasons. Frankly can't he DEMAND that new son in law Jeremy take one of his sons down to Laredo, have him loaf around the church, and then Jeremy MUST find for him a woman in his congregation who'll start a courtship? I mean JB could make this deal with Jeremy in exchange for a house in Arkansas - so Jer can then bring Jinger back to Arkansas without it costing him any money.

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:56 PM, BitterApple said:

If Boob was smart he'd find a top notch guy for Jana. She's a fan favorite and nobody wants to see her with a loser like Derick or Bin. If Jana could land a Tebow-like guy, it would be a ratings boon. Not only because viewers would be thrilled, but because watching Jessa and Jill pretend to be happy for her would keep us neck deep in snark for a year. 

No way is that going to happen Dim Bulb needs Jana to raised her younger siblings and do the house work and home schooling her siblings

• Love 2

I'm thinking that Jana is not the Cinderella that she and her sisters used to be. Josie is 7 years old now, Tabitha was/is homeschooling the younger ones and they all pitch in for chores. I'm thinking Jana is more like Zach Bates and is afraid to date and has difficulty with small talk. And maybe she's so concrete that if a man doesn't show up wearing a tag saying, To Jana - From God, she thinks she needs to keep waiting. I think Jana should consider herself lucky that she's not married to Derick or Ben. Jeremy, at this point, other than marrying a Duggar seems like a normal , albeit religious, guy to me.

• Love 2

I think Jana has taken a hard long look at Derick, Ben, Jeremy and Josh and probably thought she did not want to end up with a guy who reminds her of four of them. Plus her brothers are not great marriage material either. Yes, JD may have all of his "careers" and "volunteer work" but the apple does not fall far from the Duggar tree. Why would you want a husband who has daddy running his life for him, is part of a famewhoring family, and probably has his own sisters doing his laundry, and has low social and education skills.

I was in and out for this episode, so I didn't catch why there was this setup, but the ladies were sitting in a circle sharing how much Jinger means to them, how much they are going to miss her, etc. How about how wooden it was? Everyone was firmy planted in their chairs. There was finally one hug (between Joy and Jinger maybe), and it was so cold - not a sisterly embrace. It made me wonder to what depth were the "protections" put in place presumably to deter any other inappropriate touching. For some reason Jill kept telling them not to get emotional and cry. And I didn't get the sense any of the lack of warmth was due to feeling uncomfortable with the cameras.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I was in and out for this episode, so I didn't catch why there was this setup, but the ladies were sitting in a circle sharing how much Jinger means to them, how much they are going to miss her, etc. How about how wooden it was? Everyone was firmy planted in their chairs. There was finally one hug (between Joy and Jinger maybe), and it was so cold - not a sisterly embrace. It made me wonder to what depth were the "protections" put in place presumably to deter any other inappropriate touching. For some reason Jill kept telling them not to get emotional and cry. And I didn't get the sense any of the lack of warmth was due to feeling uncomfortable with the cameras.

Maybe Jill thinks they are all a batch of ugly criers, and doesn't want them memorialized on camera for time immemorial with red blotchy faces, etc. ;)

• Love 1

I just had another random thought about this episode.  When Jeremy and Jinger were standing there before the vows, or after, or anyway, up there looking at each other, there was a glimpse of Jessa and she had an expression of maybe "oh Jinger got a man, I got a boy". Or "wow, she is really into him.  I wonder what that feels like". Or some such thought.  Because Jeremy definitely is a man vs boy.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Maybe Jill thinks they are all a batch of ugly criers, and doesn't want them memorialized on camera for time immemorial with red blotchy faces, etc. ;)

Maybe Jill received a very stern rebuke for showing real, raw emotion talking about what Josh put her through. Falling Shower Curtain/Caddy Meltdown was another moment. Since she's likely been forbidden by Boob to melt down on camera, she's sure as shit not gonna let anyone else do it.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I'm thinking that Jana is not the Cinderella that she and her sisters used to be. Josie is 7 years old now, Tabitha was/is homeschooling the younger ones and they all pitch in for chores. I'm thinking Jana is more like Zach Bates and is afraid to date and has difficulty with small talk. And maybe she's so concrete that if a man doesn't show up wearing a tag saying, To Jana - From God, she thinks she needs to keep waiting. I think Jana should consider herself lucky that she's not married to Derick or Ben. Jeremy, at this point, other than marrying a Duggar seems like a normal , albeit religious, guy to me.

Normal religious guys don't give hour-long anti-masturbation rants in my experience. 

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

During the shower, how about Michelle's saying she didn't know her own kids' birthdays, much less Jeremy's? It was not said with sarcasm. Even if it was, DO NOT SAY THAT! 

I heard it as "joking, not joking." She said it with a laugh, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. 

• Love 1

So loved the trolling TLC did with the Zika banner as they were walking out of the arrivals area LOL

Every time Jinger and Jeremy look at each other, they just looked like they were dying to kiss each other but weren't allowed. It made me kind of sad for them.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

So loved the trolling TLC did with the Zika banner as they were walking out of the arrivals area LOL

Every time Jinger and Jeremy look at each other, they just looked like they were dying to kiss each other but weren't allowed. It made me kind of sad for them.

Especially when he arrived at the airport.  They both leaned in to one another naturally then it was like light bulbs went off in their heads, "oops, can't do that."

Just now, Barb23 said:

Especially when he arrived at the airport.  They both leaned in to one another naturally then it was like light bulbs went off in their heads, "oops, can't do that."

Yes! That's exactly the part I was talking about. At least they were more touchy feely than the other couples.

• Love 1
On 2/26/2017 at 1:10 PM, lookeyloo said:

I just had another random thought about this episode.  When Jeremy and Jinger were standing there before the vows, or after, or anyway, up there looking at each other, there was a glimpse of Jessa and she had an expression of maybe "oh Jinger got a man, I got a boy". Or "wow, she is really into him.  I wonder what that feels like". Or some such thought.  Because Jeremy definitely is a man vs boy.

I'm sure that's what Jessa has been thinking all along since Jer has come into the picture.  Not only does Jessa have herself a boy, she has a 21 year unemployed boy that is a father of 2.  Hopefully Jin & Jer will put off having children which will probably drive her nuts, too.  

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

Hopefully Jin & Jer will put off having children which will probably drive her nuts, too.  

Especially if Jin/Jer had a year or two of being fun loving child free newlyweds.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I'm sure that's what Jessa has been thinking all along since Jer has come into the picture.  Not only does Jessa have herself a boy, she has a 21 year unemployed boy that is a father of 2.  Hopefully Jin & Jer will put off having children which will probably drive her nuts, too.  

Jessa probably doesn't even realize.  Her whole world is filled with losers. 

• Love 1
On 2/26/2017 at 4:01 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Normal religious guys don't give hour-long anti-masturbation rants in my experience. 

I actually think Ben is more "normal" than Jeremy. There's something off with Jeremy. He gives me the creeps. 

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, Maya said:

I actually think Ben is more "normal" than Jeremy. There's something off with Jeremy. He gives me the creeps. 

I think it all comes down to intention. A horny 17 year-old wanting to bang the hot daughter is a pretty easy motivation to understand.  A 30 year-old college educated man seeking out an emotionally stunted virgin is not. 

Bin was from a Fundie family, did the homeschool thing and socialized in the Duggars' circles, albeit peripherally. Jeremy attended Syracuse, played pro soccer, lived in Europe and has diverse friendships, including a Yale graduate. Bin/Jessa somewhat makes sense. Jeremy/Jinger do not, which is why so many feel something is "off".

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 17
On 2/21/2017 at 7:35 PM, Mojitogirl said:

Both of those media outlets needed an aspirational wedding so that fans would continue to buy their show and magazine. I think this wedding was planned, photographed, and filmed to get their teeny bopper fans all starry eyed again.  

If the checkbook was open, I would have chosen the church that Jessa Blessa and Bin got engaged in, even if the wedding had to be held mid-week because of weekend bookings. It's not like anyone involved has a job they have to be at, either. They could have a reception anywhere. They're so obsessed with having THOUSANDS at any Duggar wedding that they don't know the meaning of the word "aspirational".

IMHO of course.

• Love 7

Hey all- new here. Long time Duggar watcher. It is just a train wreck I can't avoid. Nothing about this family is normal. Everything that would be normal is squashed or ALERTed out of them. JBoob and J'Chelle are the worst offenders of the Christian, not Christian group. At one time I thought Jinger would break free, but Jeremy seems to either be completely brainwashed into the cult or putting up a good front.  Having said that, I thought the pictures online of Jinger's after sex bedhead were hillarious.  My skin is currently crawling at the thought of Anna being preggers with J'Pervs kid.

• Love 8