Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: The Big Day

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Maybe now that I'm pushing 40 I'm becoming an old fuddy duddy, but are Date Nights supposed to be some sort of big production that must be shared on social media? Are there really so many different suggestions and options that 200 women could each write something different and throw it in the jar? My husband and I love going to the movies, but I don't usually capture the moment with a hashtagged selfie of us sharing a Slurpie and nachos in the theater. 

Fundie women have to upstage one another in the best husband ever contest.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

What she went through after Josie's birth also took a toll on her, I'm certain.  That baby was very seriously ill and needy for a long time.   

I don't feel sorry for Michelle. During Josie's early medical issues, M  had the time to go out of her way to make sure a little mom & pop store was denied a licensee to sell beer.

• Love 21
57 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

While sharing one sundae between the both of them.

44 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Comcast guide shows an 8th episode. So, next week isn't the finale.

Yes, because we have to see the exciting honeymoon of Babe and Cringe. 

This wedding did feel a little different. Jill's wedding seemed all about Pinterest and wedding protocol, Jessa's wedding felt all about Jessa - groom optional, and Jinger's felt like a wedding for two people in love. Go figure.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, asuwur said:

Once again, in their interview at the end, Babe made it clear that he's in no hurry to produce his very own howler....we'll see if I'm wrong because next week is sure to produce an announcement of some sort; although I'm thinking based on the foreshadowing, it'll be Joy and Austin's engagement and not a Laredo Little One....

Yeah, it's the season finale (thank FSM), so yeah, I would be surprised if there WASN'T an announcement. 

I'm not religious at all, but I thought it was a lovely ceremony - loved Jinger's dress and her shoes. Jeremy looked really sharp.  Bridesmaid dresses were cute - definitely better than the dresses featured in Jill, Jessa, and Anna's weddings. No real comments otherwise.

I saw way more chemistry between Jinger and Jeremy than I did between her siblings and their respective spouses. I hope it works out for them, but I wish her ticket out had been a college education or a great job - not a spouse. Oh well.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Evenshorter said:

So the flowers were ready on a couple of days before the wedding and had to be stored so they wouldn't die, but the ladies were making the wedding cake and cupcakes the morning of? Did they miss the ceremony to bake? Or am I just confused by the supposed timeline??

Yeah, I didn't buy the "baking, decorating, and making pretty 1000 cupcakes the morning of the wedding. You need some time for those suckers to cool, and it looked like they were making small batches. They had the reception hall rented in advance in order to decorate it; I'm sure those ladies were baking at minimum the day before, if not two. Covered up, they won't go stale, and look, it's a fundie wedding. Who would even notice? 

• Love 2

Is it my imagination, or do Michelle's skirts now appear to be knee length?  Of course she's still wearing opaque stockings and orthopedic shoes, but the skirts are NOT looking to be the usual mid-calf length. 

And I actually thought the purple sparkle dress looked nice on her, and appropriate. I still can't stand the woman, but it's the best dress she's had in years. 

I don't think Jing & Babe were kissing before the ceremony.  She was just not going in the right way and had an exaggerated head tilt.  But I definitely think they are seriously into each other.  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I also agree the flower wall was a complete waste of time and energy. I actually felt bad for the kids who got roped into making that thing because you know it got chucked into the church dumpster at the end of the night.

Not only was that thing a huge waste of time and energy, but it was also a huge waste of money.  

I am no fan of fake flowers, but for something that was only intended to serve as a backdrop up on a stage (altar?)  far away from the guests, they should have just used artificial flowers and greenery.  It would have cost less to use fake (also no need to rent a refrigerated truck) and been much easier to transport and assemble.  Heck they could have had the floral supplies just shipped directly to the church.  Not to mention it would spare ALL those people ALL that time having to deal with the hassle of cutting the greenery and babysitting a truckload of roses all weekend.   Then they could have recycled the stuff for use on a thousand craft projects or maybe donated it.  

If they were going to go to all that time and trouble they should have the Giant V at the reception where it could have been enjoyed longer and appreciated more by people getting to see it up close.  That was the only way anyone could appreciate the details of the different kinds of white roses anyway.  Not to mention that ugly place where they had the reception could have used it.  What was with the black crinkly walls in that chamber of gloom?  It looks like they had their reception in a coal mine.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 15

The wedding was nice and, shall I say, normal?  However, except for the palpable attraction between Ginger and Jeremy, it had People and TLC written all over it. Both of those media outlets needed an aspirational wedding so that fans would continue to buy their show and magazine. I think this wedding was planned, photographed, and filmed to get their teeny bopper fans all starry eyed again.  The Duggars were more than happy$$$ to let it happen and the Vuolos didn't have much input.  My opinion only, of course. 

• Love 9

I felt the interview asking Jeremy what he liked best about the wedding day was funny and cute.  He just looked like "What do you think?  Finally getting in the sack with my girl!" And Jinger just looks away, mini eye roll and laugh.  Cute and normal.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Yes, she has cheek implants and not very good ones. She looks like she's storing nuts for winter.

Wow, I need to find the show just so I can see this!  Sounds like it would be worth the effort!

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, sheshark said:

I felt the interview asking Jeremy what he liked best about the wedding day was funny and cute.  He just looked like "What do you think?  Finally getting in the sack with my girl!" And Jinger just looks away, mini eye roll and laugh.  Cute and normal.

They finally get to be on their own. Without a chaperone, like any other grown ass consenting adults!

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, awaken said:

Wow, I need to find the show just so I can see this!  Sounds like it would be worth the effort!

I had read here before I saw the show but I still exclaimed aloud when I saw those cheek implants. That's some bad work right there.

3 hours ago, leighdear said:

Is it my imagination, or do Michelle's skirts now appear to be knee length?  Of course she's still wearing opaque stockings and orthopedic shoes, but the skirts are NOT looking to be the usual mid-calf length. 

And I actually thought the purple sparkle dress looked nice on her, and appropriate. I still can't stand the woman, but it's the best dress she's had in years. 

I noticed that she had on a knee-length skirt, too, with her awful black opaque stockings. And I agree that her dress was not her worst but it is still so juvenile and stupid that she and Boob always dress alike as if they're going to the junior prom. I guess you can only live in the phase of development where you are, and for them, junior prom is close.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

The wedding was nice and, shall I say, normal?  However, except for the palpable attraction between Ginger and Jeremy, it had People and TLC written all over it. Both of those media outlets needed an aspirational wedding so that fans would continue to buy their show and magazine. I think this wedding was planned, photographed, and filmed to get their teeny bopper fans all starry eyed again.  The Duggars were more than happy$$$ to let it happen and the Vuolos didn't have much input.  My opinion only, of course. 

1000% agree. I don't think the Duggars "learned" from the other girls' weddings what to do. I think they were thrown a ton of money and advice from People and TLC, just as you said, to keep eyes and interest on the Duggars.

• Love 8

I kept an eye out for Jill and "Chimpy" Rodrigues at the reception but never spotted them. I know they could be seen sitting in the church during the wedding, but where were they at the party? Anyone see them?  I can't imagine they passed up a free meal, even if it was just meatballs and cupcakes. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
Damn kindle
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I kept an eye out for Jill and "Chimpy" Rodrigues at the reception but never spotted them. I know they could be seen sitting in the church during the wedding, but where were they at the party? Anyone see them?  I can't imagine they passed up a free meal, even if it was just meatballs and cupcakes. 

They were spotted towards the front of the church.

I, too, found this the most normal Duggar wedding  and it appeared to be about two people in love.    And I couldn't help but sense that a bit part of Jinger's obvious, overwhelming  joy is that she's fleeing the cult-like Duggar base for a new home far, far away.   Forever.   I also felt some sympathy for poor Jessa, whose tears and more tears suggested she, too, wished she could flee far, far away.  Even if she had to take Ben along.  Wonder to what extent TLC cameras will follow the Vuolos in Texas.  

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

I agree. Someone threw some serious money at this wedding, and it wasn't the Duggars or the Vuolos in my opinion. Compared to the last two do-it-yourself cringe-worthy weddings, the difference is night and day. 

• Love 8

" I actually thought the purple sparkle dress looked nice on her, and appropriate. I still can't stand the woman, but it's the best dress she's had in years."

I still laugh so hard every time I think of Michelle in that White Nurse Dress she wore to Amy's wedding!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, flyingdi said:

Did they ever show the brothers giving Jill or Jessa a gift?  Just wondering.  I don't think they did.

No, they didn't. Maybe the boys figured all the work they did renovating the houses was their gift to Jill and Jessa. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, louannems said:

" I actually thought the purple sparkle dress looked nice on her, and appropriate. I still can't stand the woman, but it's the best dress she's had in years."

I still laugh so hard every time I think of Michelle in that White Nurse Dress she wore to Amy's wedding!

The one that I remember fondly is her silver Tin Man/carapace monstrosity. Was that Jill's wedding?

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

The one that I remember fondly is her silver Tin Man/carapace monstrosity. Was that Jill's wedding?

1 minute ago, rubinia said:

Yep. That was one truly tragic dress.

Absolutely, one of the most memorable fashion disasters. Ever. I grin when I think of it. I know, I'm going to hell. But I'll be smiling all the way.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Mya said:

Does anyone know what the ratings were?

I think the cable ratings announcements are delayed by a day this week because Monday was a holiday. Maybe we'll know later today, or tomorrow. I assume ratings will go up because it's The Wedding but OTOH it's a rehash, albeit a long expanded one.

9 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I think the cable ratings announcements are delayed by a day this week because Monday was a holiday. Maybe we'll know later today, or tomorrow. I assume ratings will go up because it's The Wedding but OTOH it's a rehash, albeit a long expanded one.

Thank you for the info!!!  I am hoping they were not good.

13 hours ago, sheshark said:

I thought this was cute especially Jinge's eye roll.  But it is kind of sad that that is the given answer when these newly married couples are asked that question.  Like we have commented,  they go from their first kiss & getting to touch one another to Wham Bam, all in one day.  They don't seem to comprehend that the marriage ceremony is more than a pass to get it on.  Being religious & Fundy at that, and in this case since the groom is a pastor, I would have expected  more of an "We were so happy to commit ourselves to one another under God's eyes through our marriage vows" kind of answer.  Something like the rest of us would say. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Is this actually a thing?  Do they all engage in a "my husband is the MAN" contest?  Is this part of their "keep sweet" upbringing?  I find it all fascinating and very, very strange.

We cut the cable cord, so I haven't seen this episode yet.  But when I saw the title, I thought: there is no possible way this can be about JinBabe's wedding, as I am quite sure I have seen said wedding, the prep, the proposal, the moving, the packing, the dress shopping, etc. in at least the previous three episodes.  I see that I was wrong.  So when Jessa gives birth to Hank, can we expect 10 episodes on the topic, all told from different points of view?  'Cause that would be riveting.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Is this actually a thing?  Do they all engage in a "my husband is the MAN" contest?  Is this part of their "keep sweet" upbringing?  I find it all fascinating and very, very strange.

We cut the cable cord, so I haven't seen this episode yet.  But when I saw the title, I thought: there is no possible way this can be about JinBabe's wedding, as I am quite sure I have seen said wedding, the prep, the proposal, the moving, the packing, the dress shopping, etc. in at least the previous three episodes.  I see that I was wrong.  So when Jessa gives birth to Hank, can we expect 10 episodes on the topic, all told from different points of view?  'Cause that would be riveting.

DuggaRashomon: 35 Points of View and Counting 

This is a concept that has some real possibilities. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4

Okay I been reading the thread here and people are asking about Michelle not looking good.

could it be since the Joshgate scandal broke out that Dim Bulb aka Jim Bob blames Michelle for everyone finding out about their dirty little secret. and also I seen fans asking why Jessa Blessa belittle Ben it could be she learn it from her father in my opinion.

Omg.  I am dying and just had to share. 

I have never ever seen even 1 Duggar show before.  On a whim,  I added this to my  DVR. 

I thought her name was prounounced like Ringer or Dinger. I was all "who is this Ginger they are talking about?"  

Then I was like "ohhhhhhhh...."  the spelling!   Ugh   

????

• Love 16
6 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Omg.  I am dying and just had to share. 

I have never ever seen even 1 Duggar show before.  On a whim,  I added this to my  DVR. 

I thought her name was prounounced like Ringer or Dinger. I was all "who is this Ginger they are talking about?"  

Then I was like "ohhhhhhhh...."  the spelling!   Ugh   

????

It's funny because most people who haven't watched the show think Jinger is pronounced like "finger." I've read so many comments on blogs where people are like "it's pronounced Ginger?!" It's such a jacked up spelling, not mention a really bad name.

But really, how did the letter "G" ever get the "J" sound anyway?  Why does George sound the same as Jorge?  Why does Gym sound the same as Jim?  Just kinda strange....

At the end of the ceremony, Jessa was loudly pointing out to Jing that she & Babe didn't need a chaperone anymore and could be alone together.  Wow, such amazing insights from Jessa!  *LOL*

• Love 1

Some of what we see in Michelle is years of saying Gotherd one liners, continuing to practice her purposed sweet mommy voice, and keeping sweet for JB. 30+ years of that alone is certainly enough to kill a soul and a personality. She probably has lost the ability to have a normal conversation anymore. And because she is Michelle she is probably going through an empty nest type thing even though more than half her children live at home. She is Super Michelle with baby in utero or baby at her breast. Who is she now?

Then there is a part of me who thinks Michelle is just fine. She knows she has it made; she hasn't seen the laundry room in probably more than 10 years, has barely changed a diaper after the twins were born, cooks maybe an egg or two every month, and has a few midnight confessions conversations with a kid or two per week, she doesn't grocery shop, clothes shop, nor taxi kids around. Maybe Michelle is laughing her way to the Prayer Closet every evening.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 10
On 2/20/2017 at 8:58 PM, pinkelephant3 said:

Wait did jillymuffin really just push food onto her fork with her finger... Ughh they need manners!

YES she did!  I saw that as well.  Raised in a barn.  Why am I surprised?

What irritated the hell out of me was the freaking bucket situation.  Cindy  seemed pretty specific with what she needed for the flowers and it irked me to no end to see that the kids couldn't seem to get their shit together.  To ME that was very rude and disrespectful of her time.  I am hoping when Joy or the others get married she lets them pay for a florist instead of doing work herself.  The entitlement astounds me week after week.  Unappreciative assholes.

Edited by Natalie68
saw her real name
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

YES she did!  I saw that as well.  Raised in a barn.  Why am I surprised?

What irritated the hell out of me was the freaking bucket situation.  Cindy  seemed pretty specific with what she needed for the flowers and it irked me to no end to see that the kids couldn't seem to get their shit together.  To ME that was very rude and disrespectful of her time.  I am hoping when Joy or the others get married she lets them pay for a florist instead of doing work herself.  The entitlement astounds me week after week.  Unappreciative assholes.

OR.......it was a plot ploy by TLC to have something to fill in the 2 hour show. I'm very skeptical.

• Love 10
On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 0:21 PM, BitterApple said:

Michelle has looked heavily medicated all season. For me, it was never more apparent than during the dress buying trip when Jinger was asking her to help in the dressing room and Michelle was completely tuned out. Jessa had to practically clap her hands in front of Michelle's face to break the benzo haze before telling her to go with Jinger. 

I did think she looked pretty at the wedding, mullet and orange spray tan aside. That jewel toned purple was a good color for her and a nice change from the orange and lime frump shirts. 

I thought Michelle looked great at the wedding. Purple is a good color on her. I was surprised that Michelle showed legs at the air port when she picked up Jeremy with jinger. My mother and I both were shocked. You hardly ever see her legs

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Ratings are posted. 1.389 million viewers and a .33 share. Up from last week. 

Compare to:

Jill's wedding: 2.83 million viewers, aired on October 28, 2014

Jessa's wedding: 3.53 million viewers, aired on March 31, 2015

• Love 2

I just finished watching this, and realized I'm now officially a heathen, because every time they started praying, I had to mute the volume.  Did they always show this much religion, and I just tuned it out before?

I did like how normal it was that she took mints from the sound man, because she didn't want to have 'coffee breath.'

Edited by ChiCricket
Extra thought
  • Love 2