Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

JAG

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Harm just showed up on NCIS LA, they played the JAG theme 😭

And he looked SCRUMPTIOUS!!!🥰🥰🥰🥰

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Harm just showed up on NCIS LA, they played the JAG theme 😭

And I got dust in my eyes for just a second. 🙂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I gotta say if this is going to be a back door pilot for the revival of JAG, it is kinda full circle, since JAG was where the back door pilot for the NCIS mothership. Since the news of these next 2 episodes Ive been rewatching JAG and it just made me miss this show so much more... and Harmon Rabb also lol

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I loved JAG it really would be cool to have it come back, but I kind of doubt the stars can do it. It took a long time for them to be able to fit in NCIS-LA into their schedules.

Edited by Gramto6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I loved JAG it really would be cool to have it come back, but I kind of doubt the stars can do it. It took a long time for them to be able to fit in NCIS-LA into their schedules.

True both DJE and CB have other commitments. DJE did say in an interview that he'd be open to doing a JAG revival if asked.  They could probably do a 13 episode spring show that could work around their other schedules.

Guess we'll see, this could all be wishful thinking by fandom and CBS doesn't have an interest at all.

Official "reunion" next week.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

True both DJE and CB have other commitments. DJE did say in an interview that he'd be open to doing a JAG revival if asked.  They could probably do a 13 episode spring show that could work around their other schedules.

Guess we'll see, this could all be wishful thinking by fandom and CBS doesn't have an interest at all.

Official "reunion" next week.

I’m hoping that exchange was them joking and that they better STILL have gotten married!!!!

Share this post


Link to post

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:57 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Harm just showed up on NCIS LA, they played the JAG theme 😭

Think how awesome it would have been if the audience never knew he was going to be on, and the music started playing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Nine freakin’ years of build up just to leave us hanging, and then they kill it all in one scene. I’m so pissed. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Nine freakin’ years of build up just to leave us hanging, and then they kill it all in one scene. I’m so pissed. 

Yep and my only consolation (not much of one) is that I believe this is geared towards a JAG revival.  So we're back on the will they/won't they wheel with the added benefit of them having been a couple, possibly married (I can't remember if Mac confirmed that or not) so it's not just angst/UST it's past/failed relationship on top of the "we can't since we work together".

Of course NCIS:LA has a married couple as actual partners in the field but, whatever.  Not happy 😒

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Damnit! 

BULL.SHIT. BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!!!!!!

9 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Nine freakin’ years of build up just to leave us hanging, and then they kill it all in one scene. I’m so pissed. 

giphy.gif giphy.gif

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Yep and my only consolation (not much of one) is that I believe this is geared towards a JAG revival.  So we're back on the will they/won't they wheel with the added benefit of them having been a couple, possibly married (I can't remember if Mac confirmed that or not) so it's not just angst/UST it's past/failed relationship on top of the "we can't since we work together".

Of course NCIS:LA has a married couple as actual partners in the field but, whatever.  Not happy 😒

It was bad enough the way Bellisario draaaaaaaged out the Harm and Mac relationship for 8 fucking seasons. In the ninth, Harm was mooning over her and so positive that he and Mac would be together. And we got that bullshit last minute I love yous and proposal, and all for, what? Grimmel's an asshole. He KNEW a lot of the fans of Harm and Mac wanted to FINALLY be told who won the toss, and that they've been happily married. 

But no mention of Mattie? Not that I cared for her, but he was her guardian. 

And show messed up. When this show ended, Mac was a full Colonel, yet last night, they referred to her as "Lt. Col." 

At least we got the throwaway line that Harm is getting his own ship and soon be an Admiral.

I can't believe how royally I was baited and switched like this.

Still, it was good to see them both.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And show messed up. When this show ended, Mac was a full Colonel, yet last night, they referred to her as "Lt. Col." 

At least we got the throwaway line that Harm is getting his own ship and soon be an Admiral.

I can't believe how royally I was baited and switched like this.

Still, it was good to see them both.

NCIS as a daughter franchise has never been protective of its internal continuity and fictional universe building

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, Raja said:

NCIS as a daughter franchise has never been protective of its internal continuity and fictional universe building

But the current show runner, and the person credited with writing this finale, was also on staff of this show.

Share this post


Link to post

Well even JAG by recasting Catherine Bell was more on the level of Law & Order. Whoever put up the last edit on Wiki does have her listed as a Lieutenant Colonel. Before the NCIS episode I   just figured that my memory was faulty with the coin toss she retired while on the list for the next full Colonel promotion while Harm was promoted. Then again Captain Rabb losing the toss and then being welcomed back into the active duty Navy, as they say only on TV.

Share this post


Link to post

No, Mac's new billet to San Diego hadn't come with a promotion. Harm's post to London did get him promoted to O-6 in the finale. 

Apparently, they both remained at those ranks for the next 14 years. Sigh.

Mac said she hadn't seen him in nine years, So what about the five years in between? Were they just perpetually remain engaged or did they get married and then divorced? When did Harm decide to head back to (I'm assuming) active duty? 

Clearly, they never ended up going halves on a kid. 

On 5/20/2019 at 12:34 PM, Vera said:

No, Mac's new billet to San Diego hadn't come with a promotion. Harm's post to London did get him promoted to O-6 in the finale. 

Apparently, they both remained at those ranks for the next 14 years. Sigh.

Mac said she hadn't seen him in nine years, So what about the five years in between? Were they just perpetually remain engaged or did they get married and then divorced? When did Harm decide to head back to (I'm assuming he just entered the reserves) active duty? 

Clearly, they never ended up going halves on a kid. 

Edited by IPS Temp Admin

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/20/2019 at 8:50 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

BULL.SHIT. BULLSHIT! BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!BULLSHIT!!!!!!

giphy.gif giphy.gif

giphy.gif

It was bad enough the way Bellisario draaaaaaaged out the Harm and Mac relationship for 8 fucking seasons. In the ninth, Harm was mooning over her and so positive that he and Mac would be together. And we got that bullshit last minute I love yous and proposal, and all for, what? Grimmel's an asshole. He KNEW a lot of the fans of Harm and Mac wanted to FINALLY be told who won the toss, and that they've been happily married. 

But no mention of Mattie? Not that I cared for her, but he was her guardian. 

And show messed up. When this show ended, Mac was a full Colonel, yet last night, they referred to her as "Lt. Col." 

At least we got the throwaway line that Harm is getting his own ship and soon be an Admiral.

I can't believe how royally I was baited and switched like this.

Still, it was good to see them both.

I absolutely hated Bellisario's game playing with Harm and Mac. And him trying to get her to fall for whatever the hell his name was, who was supposed to be a younger version of Harm? If I'd been anywhere near him, I'd have punched him in the face lol!

As for the finale, Mac said they were engaged but Harm left to go back to active duty, and that he was in line to get his own ship and possibly become an Admiral. Not that it was a done deal (unless I misheard). I don't get how he can be a Captain and serve as the XO for another Captain? 

Was Mac a full Colonel when JAG ended? I don't remember that. She got promoted from Major to Lt Colonel awfully fast so I thought they were backtracking a bit by leaving her with that rank.

Otherwise, I agree with your assessment that Grimmel screwed us. WTF was all Harm's mooning over her and the coin toss if he was just going to walk away? And they haven't seen or spoken in NINE YEARS????? And of COURSE Mac is an 'old friend' of Hetty's. Who isn't?  ::eyeroll::

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I absolutely hated Bellisario's game playing with Harm and Mac. And him trying to get her to fall for whatever the hell his name was, who was supposed to be a younger version of Harm?

He was NOTHING like Harm had been at his age. First of all, Harm would never have cheated or lied or HIRED AN ACTOR to pretend to be a witness. Harm would go and hunt down witnesses, which he was shown to do during the entire run of the series. I can't be bothered to look up who played the asshole or his name.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

As for the finale, Mac said they were engaged but Harm left to go back to active duty, and that he was in line to get his own ship and possibly become an Admiral. Not that it was a done deal (unless I misheard). I don't get how he can be a Captain and serve as the XO for another Captain? 

That whole scene was a mess. Did they get married? Or were they just engaged for FIVE YEARS before breaking it off when Harm "realized" he loved the sea (whaaat??) more. He loved Flying. Okay, yeah, yeah, flying only be done while at sea, blah, blah, fishcakes. It is possible for him to be a Captain and an XO. It was discussed in the NCIS: New Orleans thread, and I brought up the pilot of JAG--where Boone was the CO, and the Skipper, was a Captain and XO.

1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Was Mac a full Colonel when JAG ended? I don't remember that. She got promoted from Major to Lt Colonel awfully fast so I thought they were backtracking a bit by leaving her with that rank.

Otherwise, I agree with your assessment that Grimmel screwed us. WTF was all Harm's mooning over her and the coin toss if he was just going to walk away? And they haven't seen or spoken in NINE YEARS????? And of COURSE Mac is an 'old friend' of Hetty's. Who isn't?  ::eyeroll::

I could have sworn that Mac was a full Colonel when the show ended. I know she was on the fast track and her promotion to Lt. Colonel had been passed over after the whole murder/lying about murder of her ex/not ex husband and revelation she'd been fraternizing with what'shisface.

Yup, Grimmel, Gimmel, whatever LIED. Like anyone who was a fan of this show and especially invested in Harm and Mac would be watching to learn that hey, they didn't last and broke up! BULLSHIT. He kept waxing on and on and ON about how he wanted to get both David and Catherine on the show, and when he does, we get THIS? He's smokin' some serious CRACK if he thought fans would accept this nonsense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Mac was clear they never got married. She said 'we did get engaged.' For how long is the question. Perhaps they stayed together for 5 years and then he left. That makes as much sense as them splitting up and not even seeing each other for 9 years. ::eyeroll::

I was okay with him losing the coin toss because it was a nice switch from the woman having to give up her career. But the rest of it is just BS. 

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, Sake614 said:

As for the finale, Mac said they were engaged but Harm left to go back to active duty, and that he was in line to get his own ship and possibly become an Admiral. Not that it was a done deal (unless I misheard). I don't get how he can be a Captain and serve as the XO for another Captain? 

paraphrased from the NCIS:LA thread:

Captain is a rank and a position. Since most ships have a commander (CO)  and executive officer second in command ( XO) of the same rank these days most sailors on the ship would call Captain Rabb "XO", and the Captain in command of the air wing "CAG"(commander of the air wing, once the air group thus the G) .  But "Captain last name" is also the appropriate address. Hence when Captain Rabb was piped back aboard the ship it was as "US Navy Captain" and not "Allegiance arriving" as it would have been if the CO landed

These days that USN has had rank inflation and on most ships the CO and XO are of the same rank as the XO is a perspective commanding officer and next in line for a ship. Classes of ships which for most of last century were captained  by Lieutenant Commanders (2 1/2 stripes) now have full four stripe Captains in command of them.

The only one man on a ship can be called "captain" comes from the military science fiction world, I have seen it in a few novels back in the day. The US Navy is not like that and when Marines are aboard a USMC Captain does not become a Major while on ship to avoid using his rank and confusing the issue. On an aircraft carrier the USN Captains that you should expect to be aboard are the CO, the XO (Captain Rabb's position) the CAG , the chief engineer for the nuclear power plant and maybe the task force Admiral's Chief of Staff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I was okay with him losing the coin toss because it was a nice switch from the woman having to give up her career. But the rest of it is just BS. 

I also feel the need to know what happened to his quadriplegic foster daughter.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

I also feel the need to know what happened to his quadriplegic foster daughter.

We don't know that Mattie became paralyzed as a result of the accident. Just that she was in a coma? Unconscious? Last we saw of her, she had a thingamajig helping her to breathe. There was really no good time for Mac to ask Harm about Mattie in the season finale. Maybe in the premiere, as I understand both Catherine and David will be showing up on it.

Share this post


Link to post
44 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

We don't know that Mattie became paralyzed as a result of the accident. Just that she was in a coma? Unconscious? Last we saw of her, she had a thingamajig helping her to breathe. There was really no good time for Mac to ask Harm about Mattie in the season finale. Maybe in the premiere, as I understand both Catherine and David will be showing up on it.

I remember someone talking about damage to her cervical spine. It's been too long since I've seen it to remember the specific details.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

I remember someone talking about damage to her cervical spine. It's been too long since I've seen it to remember the specific details.

Huh. Well, if that was said, that would make her a paraplegic. Quadriplegic would be if there was damage from neck down, is how I understand it. Either way, I never gave a damn about Mattie--her whole introduction and how she lived was one BIG JOKE. I'll settle for a line or two about how Harm took care of her and now she's living her life wherever, happy.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Huh. Well, if that was said, that would make her a paraplegic. Quadriplegic would be if there was damage from neck down, is how I understand it. Either way, I never gave a damn about Mattie--her whole introduction and how she lived was one BIG JOKE. I'll settle for a line or two about how Harm took care of her and now she's living her life wherever, happy.

Your cervical spine is in your neck. Damage to her thoracic or lumbar spine would make her a paraplegic.

Edited by eel21788

Share this post


Link to post

It looks like JAG is now on weekday afternoons on WGN along with CBS All Access

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Raja said:

It looks like JAG is now on weekday afternoons on WGN along with CBS All Access

I think it is just a 2 day marathon. Today and tomorrow. I'll take JAG any way I can get it!! Don't know about CBS All Access though.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I think it is just a 2 day marathon. Today and tomorrow. I'll take JAG any way I can get it!! Don't know about CBS All Access though.

They have a promo on the screen stating starting Monday at 4/3Central

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Raja said:

They have a promo on the screen stating starting Monday at 4/3Central

Yay!!

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Watching¡§™g the end of Season 9 and beginning of Season 10 on WGN reminds me again just how much I hated Clayton Webb. 

Amen! Watching it too and he is such a di¢k! So glad Mac finally dumped him 

Share this post


Link to post

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:32 PM, Raja said:

They have a promo on the screen stating starting Monday at 4/3Central

Are they showing any of the episodes that INSP refused to air?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, eel21788 said:

Are they showing any of the episodes that INSP refused to air?

I will NEVER understand why a network like INSP would air a show like JAG. Has it been taken off the Heroes & Icons rotation? That's where I was watching it last time. I no longer get WGN, so I can't speak to what editing they do on that network.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I will NEVER understand why a network like INSP would air a show like JAG. Has it been taken off the Heroes & Icons rotation? That's where I was watching it last time. I no longer get WGN, so I can't speak to what editing they do on that network.

Is INSP and their focus still a thing? Much like TLC ain't about learning anymore. It seems to be all westerns and the Gunsmoke and High Chaparral stuff they had may not have had Carlin's dirty words but full of brothels, prostitutes and the like. Looks like H&I has JAG on Wednesdays

Share this post


Link to post

WGN has been airing  JAG in consecutive order with no deleted episodes. By their schedule it looks like they may get to the end of S10 on Labor Day Monday.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/16/2018 at 12:54 PM, PixiePaws1 said:

To this day there are 42 episodes that I can never rewatch...those with Mic. That hideously awful travesty of a character. I hated that the show runners shoved this moron in our faces so often before they finally axed him. The actor was appalling and however hard they tried, there was no chemistry at all between Mic and Mac..it was all so forced. Very rare for me to have such a strong reaction to a fictional character..but ye gods I still cheer that Mac was never permanently stuck with him.

I so agree! I watch them but complain all the time. Terrible actor, terrible fake accent, repulsive, charmless oily haired character! I know Mac is supposed to have poor taste in men, but that relationship was unbelievably ridiculous! Thank you for giving me the chance to vent this!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I dislike the Mic story line too but  even more so the Loren Singer one. She was one smug know it all biatch!

Edited by Gramto6

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I dislike the Mic story line too but  even more so the Loren Singer one. She was one smug know it all biatch!

Singer wasn't a storyline. She was a supporting character who was on the show for at least three years.She was supposed to be smug, ambitious and conniving. She left when Nancy was pregnant with their (she's David's wife) second child and the character had run its course.  As much as I hated her, she was a good antagonist.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Singer wasn't a storyline. She was a supporting character who was on the show for at least three years.She was supposed to be smug, ambitious and conniving. She left when Nancy was pregnant with their (she's David's wife) second child and the character had run its course.  As much as I hated her, she was a good antagonist.

The difference is we were supposed to hate Singer...we were supposed to like Mic.. Didn't work out that way

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size