Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E17: Dirty Seeds, Done Dirt Cheap

thewhiteowl

Aw just when I was about to change the channel they had Happy in with those other kids. That was adorable and the scene at the end was beautiful. I am going to end up sobbing through their wedding.

Cabe's fear was a little silly at first but I liked seeing him and Walter work through it. That relationship is really sweet in it own way.

Sly is in the longest municipal election in history although at least the debate turnout was realistic. Can he just win so they can go back to never mentioning it ever again like various other subplots.

Also they remembered Walter was Irish for once by having him name check the Great Famine.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Is Happy still pregnant or did I miss it being a false alarm or her having a miscarriage or something? Because if she is, that kid's gonna be a mutant with all the near-death stuff they put her through.

I don't think she is or was. I thought it was a chemical she had inhaled caused a false positive reading on a pregnancy test, if I remember correctly. 

1 hour ago, Emily Thrace said:

Aw just when I was about to change the channel they had Happy in with those other kids. That was adorable and the scene at the end was beautiful. I am going to end up sobbing through their wedding.

I loved that scene. This was actually a pretty good episode. I don't say that too often about Scorpion.

• Love 2

Ohmigosh, the makeup department really outdid themselves on aging Cabe.  That was some fantastic and realistic stuff.   And it is probably pretty accurate that Cabe's biggest fear is aging into uselessness, since even though he's hale and hearty, he is in the sunset of his career and is feeling the glare.

Happy's fear and flashback scenes were just heartbreaking--especially her plaintive offer to "try harder, so please can I have another chance."  Toby's realization of what her fear was, his dawning understanding of the pain she must have gone through as a child, and the way he delicately handled the situation to give Happy the most dignity and best outcome was really nice.  That was really well done by the actors.  Applause.

Sly's fear was out out there for comic relief, but that was also well done, I mean, chickens are kind of scary with the pecking and for Sly, pooping.  I did giggle through his scenes.

But.  Oh wow.  But...  Yeah, the PVC oxygen snorkel scenes were just...  Yeah.  Bad.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, DrScottie said:

I thought it was a chemical she had inhaled caused a false positive reading on a pregnancy test, if I remember correctly. 

Yes, it was a false positive, I don't remember exactly why.

Child Toby was pretty good, as was Sly's bully.    Happy being unwanted broke my heart a little. 

Pretty good episode (and I liked Sly's points about why saving the comic shop was so important) but Paige's biggest fear of course isn't something happening to Ralph, it's Walter finding another woman, ugh, they work together best as friends. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, possibilities said:

As usual the science (and everything else, really) was beyond ridiculous, but I liked this episode more than usual despite that. Good aging on Cabe.

Mixed feelings about how they're damseling Happy.

They weren't damseling Happy any more than they were Cabe.  Saving each other is what the writers have these people do to each other week in and week out.  It was just Happy's turn to be one of three that were in danger this week.

Thought the plot was pretty silly this week but that's true of Scorpion every week, so whatever.  Thought Happy's fear was the most poignant of the group and the little scene at the end was nice.  Both Cabe and Sly fell a little flat for me but not so much that it ruined the rest of the episode.  All in all a decent filler episode as the writers send us headlong into what looks like some more Paige and Walter drama in the near future.  

• Love 1

I was super annoyed that about 10 seconds after they started their oxygen snorkel run, Paige immediately let the bottom edge of her pipe hit the ground. Where the yellow dust was. Walter's touched the ground just barely at a later point too, but hers was after the first breath. So it was immediately contaminated and she directly inhaled a bunch of that stuff. I get they had her hallucinate a little at the end, so maybe, maybe that was intentional, but it just read like the pipes were too long and inconvenient for them to run around with, without letting them touch anything. But if the whole point were they were super trying not to inhale any more than they would incidentally, she was really quick to fuck it up.

I'm also quite bored of this "trapped in an enclosed space hallucinating, must talk through the hallucination to save them" thing. We just did this with Walter and the rocket. New plot, please. It also didn't make sense to me that when they were saying things like "Cabe, Cabe can you hear me" it was as if he wasn't even registering anyone talking, but as soon as Toby announcing his master genius psychologist plan to talk them out of the hallucination, then the others suddenly were able to react to the sound of their own names as well as of the rest of what they were saying. It didn't make any sense.