Type keyword(s) to search

TAR in the Media

• Start Topic

I had forgotten how much I missed the show. I don’t really care what the theme is as long TAR is on. I’m still not sure who I favor this time around. I guess I would give the TAR returnees the better odds in the first leg just because they’ve done it before. Also, I’ll have a better idea seeing everyone and what edit they start out with to have an idea who I think will make the Final 3. I’m so excited. Survivor & TAR on the same night is basically heaven to me. LOL!!!!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, scrb said:

Hmm, my Uverse guide is showing Million Dollar Mile for 4/17 at 9 PM.

They get the source material from a single outside source. When aa series is cancelled or preempted on short notice, the change may not show until a few days before.

5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I'm sure the winners from this season are glad it's airing earlier than expected. It's been a long 10 months for them. LOL!!!

That’s better than the recent season of Project Runway All-Stars. That was filmed 2 years ago before the Weinstein scandal broke.

16 hours ago, theschnauzers said:

They get the source material from a single outside source. When aa series is cancelled or preempted on short notice, the change may not show until a few days before.

Guide is now updated.

Has there been any indication as to when CBS would release more information? Stuff like clips, bios, etc. I had to go to Wikipedia to get the title of the first episode.

Spoiler

"You're in Our Race Now"

2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Bret was nice enough to share the opening credits on Facebook. Holy shit, Colin looks different.

Colin and Christie both have IG pages and other social media. A look at his or her IG shows his hair is longer in the opening credits that it usually is these days. 😎

Is there a place where I can find out how TAR31 was cast? By which I mean who was originally cast. I just want to know the complete story, and searching hasn't yielded the results I'd like to have.

2 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Is there a place where I can find out how TAR31 was cast? By which I mean who was originally cast. I just want to know the complete story, and searching hasn't yielded the results I'd like to have.

I haven’t seen anything, and it’s been a year! Guess only the casting staff knows for sure.

10 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

It's all rumors. Theres been tons of speculation (some confirmed, some not), but as far as Race teams, it's been said that among the teams asked back and either declined or were not chosen were Justin and Diana (pregnant), Sheri and Cole (IIRC Cole was getting married), Kym and Alli (not chosen), 2 Linz siblings, Eric and Jeremy, Kristi and Jen (Jen was having knee surgery), and Misti and Jim (RIP). I don't watch the other shows so I did not follow their rumors.

Of course the initial rumors from TMZ was an all BB season, which I have a hard time believing, but it's certainly possible the initial pitch was very different than the final cast. In these returning cast seasons, there can be a lot of fluctuation up to the last minute. And Elise said it is always based on negotiations with CBS. So who knows, maybe it started out as BB and/or Survivor teams, and Elise was able to negotiate in half TAR teams eventually.  All rumors and spec.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

One speculation/rumor I heard was that Mark/Elena were cast, and later cut in favor of Victor/Nicole

2 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

Misti and Jim (RIP)

I had no idea Jim had died! And he was only 42—his poor family. I remember being prepared to hate this team at the start of the season, but was pleasantly surprised by how well they got along with each other and with the other teams, except for Kym and Alli (but it didn't seem like anyone especially liked Kym and Alli and vice versa).

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Hera said:

I had no idea Jim had died! And he was only 42—his poor family. I remember being prepared to hate this team at the start of the season, but was pleasantly surprised by how well they got along with each other and with the other teams, except for Kym and Alli (but it didn't seem like anyone especially liked Kym and Alli and vice versa).

I liked Jim too. He had a rather alarming face, but he seemed like a very good guy. I read that he had died a little while back and because publicly it wasn't said what the cause of death was, people were speculating that it might be suicide. I think it's more likely that the family just didn't feel the need to say what the cause was.

• Love 2
On 6/5/2019 at 1:54 PM, fishcakes said:

I liked Jim too. He had a rather alarming face, but he seemed like a very good guy. I read that he had died a little while back and because publicly it wasn't said what the cause of death was, people were speculating that it might be suicide. I think it's more likely that the family just didn't feel the need to say what the cause was. 

I know what you mean about his face.

I have to admit to a certain amount of ghoulishness in that I, too, am curious about his cause of death. However, I recognize that I am not owed an explanation and Misti and the rest of his family have enough to deal with right now. I feel especially awful for their kids.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, theschnauzers said:

Gold Derby is reporting that the 2-hour, 2-episode season finale on June 26 will be time shifted back to 9pm ET/8pm CT to accommodate the second night of BB21 season premiere.

So it just gets moved from 8 to 9? I can live with it. And maybe Big Brother fans can see what a relatively guilt-free reality show looks like. At least CBS isn't pre-empting episodes for Love Island. CBS should leave the STD-passing to the experts: ABC, Fox and MTV.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, theschnauzers said:

I gave you some feedback.

And I appreciate that. I wound up not going into TAR31 itself, opting to show why I feel the series has been mostly unappreciated by CBS. I could write more after tomorrow night’s finale. 😀

• Love 2
(edited)

I saw on Bret’s Instagram that everyone is in Dallas for a Finale viewing party. The people not in the picture are Rachel & Elissa.Corrine, Kory, Art & JJ. I got the impression that the Reilly sisters weren’t attending or wanted. Christy looks amazing.

3206EDD0-2E9A-4FB6-8AF2-21EDF32E74A3.jpeg

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

I saw on Bret’s Instagram that everyone is in Dallas for a Finale viewing party. The people not in the picture are Rachel & Elissa.Corrine, Kory, Art & JJ. I got the impression that the Reilly sisters weren’t attending or wanted. Christy looks amazing.

. . . I miss TARCon. Lots of folks I'd like to meet, and I never hit up Colin & Christie at TARCon 5.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

. . . I miss TARCon. Lots of folks I'd like to meet, and I never hit up Colin & Christie at TARCon 5.

You say that every year, Lantern7. I'm sure many of us miss them, me included, but they're OVER. Time to move on maybe?...

I was at TARCon 5. I have lots of pics of myself with the racers. Including one with Colin and Christie. He's wearing the T-Shirt that someone had made for him saying, 'My OX is BROKEN!' on the front and 'This is Bullshit!' on the back. 

And the 3 of us are cracking up over it.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, mikewho said:

You say that every year, Lantern7. I'm sure many of us miss them, me included, but they're OVER. Time to move on maybe?...

I was at TARCon 5. I have lots of pics of myself with the racers. Including one with Colin and Christie. He's wearing the T-Shirt that someone had made for him saying, 'My OX is BROKEN!' on the front and 'This is Bullshit!' on the back. 

And the 3 of us are cracking up over it.

That would be me. I used to go by angle man on the old twop forums. That Colin was so willing to go with it, was both such a relief and cemented them as one of my all time favourite teams

• Love 5
On 6/26/2019 at 6:28 PM, ByaNose said:

Ha, there’s even a little Travelocity gnome!

• Love 1
(edited)

Emmy nominations are up: TAR is in once again for Best Competition Program. I also it's the same shows, with Nailed It added on. Also, American Ninja Warrior, which I like a lot but still insist is not a reality show. BVM also got a nomination for Outstanding Directing For A Reality Program with "Who Wants a Rolex?" 

ETA: Here's an article from Reality Blurred. Turns out TAR netted three nominations. And how funny would it be if it won? CBS tried to load up TAR31 with people from other series, and only the alumni teams finished first in all twelve legs.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Amazing Race Australia IS BACK!!! Starting 10/28. I started a topic here, as I doubt it will get a whole forum. 

Where can Americans see it?

Don't see DVDs on Amazon or anything.

23 hours ago, scrb said:

Where can Americans see it?

I sent you a PM!

Looks like they deleted the thread I started for it, so I'm not sure where it is supposed to be discussed? Maybe a Mod can let us know...

Edited by TVbitch