Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: The Return

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Also the President is being played by Charles Widmore from Lost? Is that someone they have shown before? I assume he is in on all of the conspiracies, since has that guy ever played anyone not evil?

Also VP Prescott in 24 (Season 2). But to most people in the UK (or Australia), he was cuddly Jim Robinson in Neighbours for about a decade. He's also been the reasonable authority figure in both Ugly Betty (Bradford Meade) and NCIS (Tom Morrow), so he's not always evil.

On ‎17‎.‎3‎.‎2017 at 3:02 AM, Kel Varnsen said:

I wonder if she figured that if there was something this big, they would have been able to find here wherever she went, so maybe it didn't matter if she went home.

Of course it did matter for she has a child. In the last season she was sensible enough to send her to her sister's care from Berlin.

On ‎3‎.‎3‎.‎2017 at 5:27 AM, WaltersHair said:

PE actually seems to have changed her mind, which would be ideal for Dar and his cronies.

I think so, too when she talked with the housekeeper. But when she spoke to the reporters, I gathered they were her old opinions, buttered with her son's fate.  

On ‎13‎.‎3‎.‎2017 at 1:29 AM, shelley1234 said:

That seemed like the most realistic thing ever.  When someone who is Muslim and any way anti-USA is involved in any kind of incident....that happens and it happens quick.  No one bothers to look at the grand scope of anything, especially if it takes away from the narrative of the big, bad, dangerous radical Islam.  Anything that doesn't make sense is immediately discounted.  Radical Islam.  Period.  

It's realistic when it concern the public' reactions. But is US police really so dumb? Aren't they learned not to draw hasty conclusions.

On ‎27‎.‎2‎.‎2017 at 4:50 PM, RedFiat said:

I wonder why Astrid is keeping tabs?  How long?  She must  be the one Saul is wondering about "the movements from Berlin"  Astrid might not be Quinn's friend. We have to wait and see I guess. 

If anybody is Quinn's friend, it's Astrid. She has known him longer than anybody else (save Dar who recruited him and taught him to become a lover boy and then an assassin). She knows much better than Carrie what he really means (f.ex. that he has often intended to leave the service but never hasn't).

Astrid helped Quinn in S4 when he was hiding and it was Astrid, npt Carrie, who saved him in S5.

Astrid uses tough methods in her professional life, but she has never pretended to like someone in order to use him, unlike Carrie has done. And unlike Carrie, she isn't  clamorous and pretensious "I-know-and do-everything-best" but effective in an unassuming way. 

I was going to say that the German Intelligence has no interest in the matter but of course it has: if the uSA started a new war in Near East, it would cause new waves of refugees. So it's very much in interests and other European countries to make sure that the USA didn't begin the war with false  premises.

Which leads me think what kind of interets Russia has in this matter. Can Saul really trust in Viktor?

8 hours ago, Roseanna said:

It's realistic when it concern the public' reactions. But is US police really so dumb? Aren't they learned not to draw hasty conclusions.

Sadly, not so much.   They target the early and easy suspect and look for confirmation evidence.   Anything else breeds reasonable doubt and then makes it likely in their minds for the guilty party to walk free.  

And the idea that Islamaphobia isn't rampant in the police/criminal justice system.....well, I wish that was the case.