Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: The Return

• Start Topic

Damn, I was really starting to like Agent Conlin, especially when he called Carrie out on her shit, and then they kill him off.  On a more shallow note, yay for Seth Numrich being on the show! Hope he hangs around for a bit.

• Love 4

I couldn't tell - who was the other person in the pictures with Tovah, the ones Viktor gave to Saul?

Hated seeing Quin like that, knew Conlin was going to get killed off sooner rather than later, his fate was sealed as soon as he aligned with Carrie.

Damn, this show really has it in for inter-agency cooperation! And just as I was starting to like Conlin too! But his tradecraft sucks. He was discovered scant moments into his attempt at sneaky shit and since he didn't really tell anyone what was what (I think all he told Carrie was that he was in a parking lot and he'd have to tell her the rest in person) who knows if anyone will be able to pick up where he left off?

Tom Clancy already came up with the idea of a blacker than black spy and direct action outfit sitting on a fat information pipeline. His "Campus" originally sat in between CIA and NSA headquarters and could somehow intercept their traffic. With this outfit they're sitting on the world's fattest internet pipe and they can intercept everything. Interesting... 21st century information warriors with the gloves off versus old school spycraft and Carrie's infinite gift of manipulation.

Astrid! Good to see you again. I imagine she's been keeping tabs on Quinn and was dismayed to find out he'd been thrown into psychiatric care. She, in her leather pants of awesomeness, is the right choice to nurse Quinn back to sanity.

I wasn't really feeling the love for the POTUS-elect until that impromptu speech she gave in New York. I loved the expressions of the reporters. There she is all of a sudden talking about losing her son in the war and they're all looking at her like "ohhh... shit just got real!" Great speech. I'm not even American and it still gave me wood.

• Love 1

Yay for the return of Astrid and Max! And yay for Keane finally breaking out of that faux prison! I was convinced that Marjorie was in cahoots with someone and was going to deliver her to Dar Adal so I was relieved when Keane finally made it back to New York. I was so tired of them keeping her trapped there and stonewalling her (yes, what a complete coincidence that her chief of staff was left off the list!). I totally laughed when she spotted Marjorie's purse and started rummaging around to find a phone.

Oh, Conlin, you suck as a spy, but I guess A for effort in trying to track down what was going on. Too bad he didn't tell anyone but Carrie what he was up to because now she's on her own again. Well, aside from Max, who is awesome.

• Love 2

Now heads need to roll in the secret service and elsewhere -- especially that A-H who'd been on her case all along and threatened: "It's against the law to decline secret service protection." I loved her comeback to that.

Edited by riverclown
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Keane realizes she was kidnapped and held hostage, right? I don't see how she doesn't fire her entire Secret Service detail. If not for Majorie doing the right thing she'd still be a virtual prisoner.

Exactly.  Shouldn't Dar Adal and his minions realize that it's unwise to get on the wrong side of the person who is soon to be the most powerful individual in the world?   Keeping her from her phone, her chief of staff and, apparently, everyone else  who is close to her, is not the best way to endear yourself to the future President, even if you keep insisting it's for her own safety.

7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Oh, Conlin, you suck as a spy, but I guess A for effort in trying to track down what was going on. Too bad he didn't tell anyone but Carrie what he was up to because now she's on her own again. Well, aside from Max, who is awesome.

Carrie doesn't bother to tell Conlin when she's showing him the pictures that they were of the house across the street from hers so he ends up waiting right outside her front door for who knows how long but he's the one who sucks as a spy?

• Love 2

Considering that he gave a weak cover story to the receptionist, attempted to sneak off with the people being interviewed, got caught wandering around, told an unbelievably lame lie to try to explain his presence, flashed his badge at someone who clearly wasn't buying his shit, and then got followed home and murdered in his own house, yeah, I'd say he sucked as a spy. 

• Love 7

Keane becomes more interesting. 

What happens to the FBI agent's body? Is it discovered or washed? Carrie has his gun so the staged suicide just went out the window. The bad guy must have seen Carrie so why didn't just go and pop her at home? Carrie saw the guy so why would she just go home knowing he has been watching them? That company could only exist with full support of the CIA/NSA unless we have a'Parallax View' scenario with a rogue military and senator. 

So, in the end, Carrie will gather Saul, Astrid and Keane will save the day and Dar and Tovah will pay.

Considering that he gave a weak cover story to the receptionist, attempted to sneak off with the people being interviewed, got caught wandering around, told an unbelievably lame lie to try to explain his presence, flashed his badge at someone who clearly wasn't buying his shit, and then got followed home and murdered in his own house, yeah, I'd say he sucked as a spy. 

Just when I was starting to warm to him too... 

Speaking of bad spies, anyone else surprised that Carrie stayed in her home with her daughter after nearly getting herself killed at Conlin's home?  She races in to Franny's school to make sure she's safe but doesn't consider that the guy/agency that's been spying on her for however long recognized her or her car fleeing from Conlin's? 

Dar Ardal directly threatened her, directed a mob to her house, ordered that an FBI agent be silenced, and she's spending the night in her own bed content with Max holding watch from the couch???

• Love 9
11 hours ago, snarts said:

Dar Ardal directly threatened her, directed a mob to her house, ordered that an FBI agent be silenced, and she's spending the night in her own bed content with Max holding watch from the couch???

I don't think we can lay the blame for the mob at Dar Adal's feet. The news media already ferreted out her address from her participation in the case. It isn't too much of a stretch to believe that the lynch mob followed the news coverage.

I don't think we can lay the blame for the mob at Dar Adal's feet. The news media already ferreted out her address from her participation in the case. It isn't too much of a stretch to believe that the lynch mob followed the news coverage.

A mob showing up at her house literally the day after Dar tells her how vulnerable she is seems a bit too much of coincidence for me.  Especially considering Dar's experience with Quinn, he knows exactly what type of situation will set him off.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, parandroid said:

I am confident that the news media and mob at Carrie's house are totally Dar. A violent mob showing up and starting throwing rocks at Carrie's house in broad daylight doesn't even happen in real life. I don't think that he knew Quinn was there though or he might have taken a different approach if he knew. Dar's whole plan is not just to break the Iran nuclear deal, but also to discredit Carrie in the eyes of the President-elect and terrify Carrie into silence. It is elaborate and he steps up his game against Carrie next week. 

The one thing that is odd is that Carrie hasn't reached out to Saul as yet, but I guess, they would put it all together quickly so the writers are delaying the moment.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

I hope Carrie asked Astrid to get my boyfriend. :)

I'd love to think that too and I'm happy to eat my words but I doubt it 

That's what I thought happened.  

He's your boyfriend M-W-F and I get him Tues-Thurs-Sat.  Deal? 

Edited by teddysmom
  • Love 1

So are we thinking that Dar Adal made a bomb go off in NYC so he could have the president-elect kidnapped and her credibility put into question? That's what it looked like to me. Also, is he creating a shadow CIA organization? Maybe they can do a crossover with Quantico...

Glad to see Astrid and hoping she's not just a hallucination.

11 hours ago, nara said:

So are we thinking that Dar Adal made a bomb go off in NYC so he could have the president-elect kidnapped and her credibility put into question? That's what it looked like to me. Also, is he creating a shadow CIA organization? Maybe they can do a crossover with Quantico...

Glad to see Astrid and hoping she's not just a hallucination.

Dar is definitely up to something but we haven't yet seen him tied to the Operator across the street or the company Conlin visited, so I don't think he plotted the bomb. He is just enjoying the front row seat to PE' s frustration that he gets from being of being one of the most senior intelligence officers in New York and part of her transition team. I don't think Dar's cabal of congressmen and intelligence officers would have been empowered to order the secret service to isolate her so thoroughly. I think those orders would have had to come direct from the sitting president, with humiliating her only a side consideration to the actual purpose of sidelining the president without any actual legal authority, to ensure clear chain of command and a unified message in the first 48 hours after a terrorist attack.

Dar's plot is the fake Iranian nuclear deal. He is directly tied to that both through his contact with the Israeli agent and through lying the the PE about Saul's report on the deal. The NYC bombing could turn-out to be linked, but at the moment it seems to me like two separate plots from two different groups (government hawks and a company profiting from government contracts) that both want the Keane administration to behave in the way they want.

• Love 4
On 2/28/2017 at 8:34 AM, teddysmom said:

That's what I thought happened.  

He's your boyfriend M-W-F and I get him Tues-Thurs-Sat.  Deal? 

No, he's all mine muahaha

We share the same surname!!

just kidding ;)

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, teddysmom said:

Who did Sookie kill?  Is that a GG spoiler I don't know about? 

Lol. I love the idea of Melissa McCarthy playing Sookie in Trueblood! 

• Love 1

Yes! Astrid's back! Loved her character from her very first episode. And as they moved Homeland back in the US, I thought last season will be the last one we will see of Astrid. She's the real savior of Quinn, no matter how many times the show says it is Carrie.

• Love 1

Lol. I love the idea of Melissa McCarthy playing Sookie in Trueblood! 

Oh True Blood!.  Sorry going on no sleep.  I thought you meant Sookie killed Jackson. 

If Carrie didn't call Astrid, I cannot wait to find out how she found out. 

• Love 1

I'm surprised Carrie went home as well. She already knows that the people across the street planted a bomb and staged a terrorist attack.  She knows that they killed an FBI agent who got too close and were going to try to make it look like a suicide.  How does she know that they haven't already been inside her home and planted a bomb in there? Or that someone isn't inside lying in wait for an opportunity to push her down the stairs? I figured she'd end up at Otto's place or go on the run to a motel -- something!

I guess I don't see what the point of kidnapping the President-Elect was.  Was it really to make her look like a wimp?  The media was already toying with the idea that it was an assassination attempt.  It was all rather ridiculous IMO.  Furthermore, she didn't seem all that pissed that she had to basically steal the housekeeper's phone, get caught, convince her to sneak her out of the compound and then drive back to NYC because the Secret Service was acting so strangely.  Fire all of them? Fire Dar Adal?  Fire anyone connected?  She seemed suspicious and everything but come on.  I want to see some fury. She's the leader of the free world and couldn't even communicate with her Chief of Staff?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

I guess I don't see what the point of kidnapping the President-Elect was.  Was it really to make her look like a wimp?  The media was already toying with the idea that it was an assassination attempt.  It was all rather ridiculous IMO.  Furthermore, she didn't seem all that pissed that she had to basically steal the housekeeper's phone, get caught, convince her to sneak her out of the compound and then drive back to NYC because the Secret Service was acting so strangely.  Fire all of them? Fire Dar Adal?  Fire anyone connected?  She seemed suspicious and everything but come on.  I want to see some fury. She's the leader of the free world and couldn't even communicate with her Chief of Staff?

I think her vengeance will rear its head after she officially takes the oath. And I think it will be awesome.

• Love 3

Dar shall be fired (or arrested), Javadi arrested or killed on US soil, Tova will be arrested by Luskin, Keane will appoint Saul as head of the CIA...Not sure about Carrie, Quinn, Astrid or that Deep Black ops company.  A really good Season

I guess I don't see what the point of kidnapping the President-Elect was

I came away thinking it was a long con. I think Dar wanted the President elect to hear about the other side concerning the war and they all bided their time until the moment presented itself in the car ride back to New York. PE actually seems to have changed her mind, which would be ideal for Dar and his cronies.

I knew the FBI guy was toast as soon as he came over to Carrie's side and did all that covert investigation.

Poor Quinn. This like watching Penny Dreadful-watching Eva Green tortured every episode. Not fun.

• Love 3
On 2/27/2017 at 11:42 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Give the show credit for one thing. Every time in movies and TV when someone has infiltrated a building and breaks away to wander into some random room, that random room just happens to contain a clue to the whole mystery! When was the last time you wandered into a random room and unlocked the key to a conspiracy? At least this time what happened is that there wasn't shit in there.

• Love 2

I did like the way that Sekou was just assumed to be guilty by almost everyone (totally believable, I'll admit) - at least Carrie was one to point out that even if he was, he had no experience as a bombmaker so there was at least one other member of his "cell" out there. It's just a shame that the one person she convinced managed to get himself killed. However, there are a few too many people that are grabbing pieces of the conspiracy for it to remain a secret for long (PEOTUS, Carrie, Saul). Dar (assuming he's behind it) is completely screwed.

On ‎27‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 10:16 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

And yay for Keane finally breaking out of that faux prison! I was convinced that Marjorie was in cahoots with someone and was going to deliver her to Dar Adal so I was relieved when Keane finally made it back to New York.

I liked that Marjorie, though no fan of PEOTUS, was patriotic enough to see that keeping her a virtual prisoner was just wrong. Thought their conversation about their sons was pretty believable, too.

On ‎28‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:59 AM, snarts said:

Speaking of bad spies, anyone else surprised that Carrie stayed in her home with her daughter after nearly getting herself killed at Conlin's home?

I was sure Carrie was at least going to head to her sister for the night, if not go "off grid" completely.

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 4:26 AM, Milburn Stone said:

When was the last time you wandered into a random room and unlocked the key to a conspiracy?

Yeah, that happens to me all the time - bit of a pain in the neck really!

On 3/7/2017 at 4:50 PM, John Potts said:

I did like the way that Sekou was just assumed to be guilty by almost everyone (totally believable, I'll admit) - at least Carrie was one to point out that even if he was, he had no experience as a bombmaker so there was at least one other member of his "cell" out there. It's just a shame that the one person she convinced managed to get himself killed. However, there are a few too many people that are grabbing pieces of the conspiracy for it to remain a secret for long (PEOTUS, Carrie, Saul). Dar (assuming he's behind it) is completely screwed.

That seemed like the most realistic thing ever.  When someone who is Muslim and any way anti-USA is involved in any kind of incident....that happens and it happens quick.  No one bothers to look at the grand scope of anything, especially if it takes away from the narrative of the big, bad, dangerous radical Islam.  Anything that doesn't make sense is immediately discounted.  Radical Islam.  Period.  

On 2/27/2017 at 7:59 PM, snarts said:

Speaking of bad spies, anyone else surprised that Carrie stayed in her home with her daughter after nearly getting herself killed at Conlin's home?  She races in to Franny's school to make sure she's safe but doesn't consider that the guy/agency that's been spying on her for however long recognized her or her car fleeing from Conlin's? 

I wonder if she figured that if there was something this big, they would have been able to find here wherever she went, so maybe it didn't matter if she went home.

On 3/1/2017 at 9:52 PM, LilaFowler said:

Fire all of them? Fire Dar Adal?  Fire anyone connected?  She seemed suspicious and everything but come on.  I want to see some fury. She's the leader of the free world and couldn't even communicate with her Chief of Staff?

While I am not convinced 100% that Dar is behind all of this, he really doesn't seem like a guy you want to fire.

On 3/1/2017 at 4:11 PM, teddysmom said:

If Carrie didn't call Astrid, I cannot wait to find out how she found out. 

Astrid is a high level German intelligence agent. I imagine it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for her to task people to keep tabs on Peter.

Also do we know when the show is taking place? Like how long before the president elect becomes the president? Also the President is being played by Charles Widmore from Lost? Is that someone they have shown before? I assume he is in on all of the conspiracies, since has that guy ever played anyone not evil?

• Love 1