Type keyword(s) to search

This Just In: New, Cancelled, Returning, And On-Hiatus Shows News

• Start Topic

(edited)

Now you made me curious, so below is the current list. It amuses me that nobody even pretends to track bottom feeder cable networks like TLC/Discovery, Food Network, Spike, etc.

Agent Carter (ABC)     Canceled after 2 seasons
Angel from Hell (CBS)     Canceled after five episodes
Bordertown (Fox)     Canceled after one season
Castle (ABC)     Canceled after 8 seasons
Chasing Life (Freeform)     Canceled after 2 seasons
Community (Yahoo)     Canceled after 6 seasons
Containment (The CW)     Canceled after one season
Cooper Barrett's Guide To Surviving Life (Fox)     Canceled after one season
Crowded (NBC)     Canceled after one season
CSI: Cyber (CBS)     Canceled after 2 seasons
Da Vinci's Demons (Starz)     Canceled after 3 seasons
Defiance (Syfy)     Canceled after 3 seasons
Dominion (Syfy)     Canceled after 2 seasons
Extant (CBS)     Canceled after 2 seasons
Faking It (MTV)     Canceled after 3 seasons
Galavant (ABC)     Canceled after 2 seasons
Game of Silence (NBC)     Canceled after one season
Graceland (USA Network)     Canceled after 3 seasons
Grandfathered (Fox)     Canceled after one season
Hannibal (NBC)     Canceled after 3 seasons
Heartbeat (NBC)     Canceled after one season
Legends (TNT)     Canceled after two seasons
Married (FX)     Canceled after 2 seasons
Minority Report (Fox)     Canceled after 10 episodes
Nashville (ABC)     Canceled, but may be picked up for 5th season elsewhere
Of Kings and Prophets (ABC)     Canceled after two episodes
Rookie Blue (ABC)     Canceled after 6 seasons
Second Chance (Fox)     Canceled after two episodes
Telenovela (NBC)     Canceled after one season
The Bastard Executioner (FX)     Canceled after one season
The Brink (HBO)     Canceled after one season
The Family (ABC)     Canceled after one season
The Grinder (Fox)     Canceled after one season
The Muppets (ABC)     Canceled after one season
The Whispers (ABC)     Canceled after one season
Togetherness (HBO)     Canceled after 2 seasons
Undateable (NBC)     Canceled after 3 seasons
Under the Dome (CBS)     Canceled after 3 seasons
Wicked City (ABC)     Canceled after 3 episodes

----------------------

12 Monkeys (Syfy)     TBA, currently in season 2
Code Black (CBS)     TBA, likely renewed for season 2
Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders (CBS)     TBA, currently in season 1
Damien (A&E)     TBA
Family Guy (Fox)     TBA, likely renewed for season 15
Last Man Standing (ABC)     TBA
Limitless (CBS)     TBA, likely renewed for season 2
Luther (BBC America)     TBA
Mysteries of Laura (NBC)     TBA
Rush Hour (CBS)     TBA, currently in season 1
Satisfaction (USA Network)     TBA, currently in season 2
Stitchers (Freeform)     TBA
The Americans (FX)     TBA, currently in season 4
The Knick (Cinemax)     TBA
The Librarians (TNT)     TBA, currently in season 2
The Odd Couple (CBS)     TBA, currently in season 2
True Detective (HBO)     TBA, likely renewed for season 3
Turn (AMC)     TBA, currently in season 3
The Player (Fox)     reduced to 9 episodes, likely canceled
Truth Be Told (NBC)     reduced to 10 episodes, likely canceled
Blood and Oil (ABC)     Reduced to 10 episodes, likely canceled
Louie (FX)     On extended hiatus

----------------------

Beauty and the Beast (The CW)     Ending after season 4
Continuum (Syfy)     Ended after 4 seasons
Downton Abbey (PBS)     Ended after 6 seasons
Episodes (Showtime)     Ending after season 5
Falling Skies (TNT)     Ended after 5 seasons
Getting On (HBO)     Ending after season 3
Girls (HBO)     Ending after season 6
Hell on Wheels (AMC)     Ending after 5 seasons
Hemlock Grove (Netflix)     Ended after 3 seasons
Mike & Molly (CBS)     Ending after 6 seasons
Person of Interest (CBS)     Ending after season 5
Rizzoli & Isles (TNT)     Ending after season 7
Royal Pains (USA Network)     Ending with season 8
Switched at Birth (Freeform)     Ending with season 5
The Good Wife (CBS)     Ended after 7 seasons
The League (FXX)     Ended after 7 seasons
Vampire Diaries (The CW)     Ending after season 8, according to Ian Somerhalder

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, lordonia said:

Telenovela (NBC)     Canceled after one season

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :*( That's what I get for trying to come back and watch broadcast American television. NBC and USA are under the Universal umbrella, they should move it to USA to help fill the void that Psych left behind.

• Love 7
On 5/14/2016 at 5:46 AM, lordonia said:

Nashville (ABC)     Canceled, but may be picked up for 5th season elsewhere

I love this show, and everyone in it.  I would like another season, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't.  Everything can't go on forever.   I'm used to watching UK shows, which have very short seasons, and sometimes don't come back at all, even if the show is very good.  

On the other hand, The Vampire Diaries, which I've enjoyed until this season, can't disappear fast enough.  8 seasons is just too much.  I think there should be a five season rule for all shows, even though some shows have been great for more seasons than that, and some shows that got worse eventually got better.  I think those days are behind us.  When I don't like the pilot episode of a show, I'm probably not going to watch it, unless it has an actor that I'm crazy about from some other series, like Jennifer Carpenter, from Dexter to Limitless.

• Love 1

What new or returning shows are you looking forward to?
Which shows are giving a chance?
Which are you dropping like a hot potato?

------

This year I'm not really excited about any new show, I'm mostly looking forward to the new seasons of my faves.

• Love 1

Of the new show premiere episodes I have seen after week one 2016. I will go back to Designated Survivor. I will try Lethal Weapon again but I hope they time jump away from attempted  suicide tactics from the grieving Detective Riggs every week. MacGyver, no. if not the original I would rather watch the Hank Med team MacGyver medical treatments on Royal Pains

• Love 1

I'm looking forward to more of This is Us, Pitch, and The Exorcist.  (Also Berlin Station, The Collection, and Swedish Dicks, but who else is going to watch those?) However, I'm not looking forward to the forum for Pitch, with all the sports announcer references that I don't get. 

Hot potatoes, I don't care to ever see another episode of Bull or MacGyver, and most likely Lethal Weapon.

Giving a chance to  Speechless, The Good Place, and (Hooten and The Lady) before deciding.

Edited by atomationage
It's Pitch, not The Pitch
  • Love 3

One thing I'm most assuredly not seeing is the new MacGyver on CBS. I mean, granted, the original-recipe 1985-92 ABC series w/Richard Dean Anderson got its share of flak for a good many reasons, but I saw the first few minutes of this newer one, and it doesn't look appealing at all.

• Love 1

I thought Speechless was hysterical and had the potential to be very cute too. My kind of show!

The Good Place and This Is Us I thought were just okay, but they have a lot of potential as well, particularly the former. I'm wondering if I'm gonna like the characters on TIU...

I thought Designated Survivor was boring, nothing we haven't seen a thousand times before...

I'm mostly looking forward to the three time-travel shows and the Vanessa Hudgens/Danny Pudi comedy.

And I'm finally dropping HTGAWM and Quantico! And maybe Poldark, which I already found boring when I was bingeing the first season this summer... Or maybe I'll watch season 2 next summer...

On the other hand, I am enjoying Victoria a lot!

• Love 2

I guess I'll sort out all the new shows that I am totally in (for now) for the long haul, ones I have to watch a few more episodes on, and ones I won't be sticking with. Plus, returning shows:

In It For The Long Haul: This Is Us, and Pitch are the two that got me roped in from the start. Unless something drastic changes in the show, they're the ones I'll be sticking with for the entire season.

Liked It Enough To Watch A Few More Episodes: Designated Survivor, Speechless, and The Good Place are interesting enough where I'll give them a few more episodes to rope me in. I might not stick with them for the entire season, the former especially if it turns too ridiculous/boring/cliched, but at least I was entertained.

My One Mindless Entertainment Show: Notorious is a surprisingly good show where I can shut my brain off and just have something to watch in the background when doing something, or where I don't have to really pay attention. 

Nope, Not Sticking Around: Kevin at Work. I tried, but I was bored. I am fairly positive that I'll add more to this list as the months go by.

Shows I Haven't Watched and Don't Plan To: The Exorcist, MacGyver, Lethal Weapon, Bull are the ones so far that I just have no interest in. Plus, some of the reviews for these shows do not make me interested in tuning in. 

Returning Shows I'm Returning To: All the CW superhero shows at the moment, plus Jane The Virgin. Unfortunately, I'm addicted. HTGAWM is one I didn't think I'd return to, but why the hell not? Agents of SHIELD, although the premiere alone is testing my patience with the series, with this whole Coulson/Daisy dynamic. I swear if Coulson wasn't so obsessed with Daisy, I'd probably enjoy it more. Plus, no Bobbi/Hunter and Fitz/Simmons drama doesn't really make me jump for joy every week when I watch. Chicago Med because there are four characters worth sticking around for. 

Returning Shows I'm Dropping: Once Upon a Time is one I've finally dropped. I've tuned in from time to time, but this season, I can finally say that I'm done. I just found that if I don't care about Regina/Woegina and Snow's obsession with pleasing her rather than being close to her own adult daughter, and if I don't give two craps about Captain Swan, and the only character I care about is Charming who only gets one centric episode about him per season and the rest of the time he's used as just a pretty face, then maybe I should just give up and stop making myself so angry. The Vampire Diaries/The Originals I have finally freed myself from. I think Supernatural might be off my list too. Quantico was dropped over halfway of last season and reading up on the premiere, I am so happy that I can cut that part out of my television life. My god, how did it get renewed for a second season? When you kill off probably one of the more popular characters at the end of season one and leave the most idiotic ones alive, then you probably can't come back from it. I predict a drop in ratings, I really do. 

I'll make another list when more new shows come out. Plus, I'm sure a lot of this will change. As you can see, I watch way too much television. 

• Love 4

So far:  New shows only and may change)

Yes:.  Lethal Weapon, Notorious 

No:. Pitch, Bull,. MacGyver, Designated Survivor,  The Good  Place, Kevin Can wait

Maybe:. This is Us. (I liked it but not enough to form an opinion on it if that makes sense). 

I know now there is a few I missed but that's whats I gots so far.

• Love 3

None of the new shows this season looked the least bit interesting to me, so nothing added there.  Still watching Big Bang Theory, The Goldbergs and Superstore, and am looking forward to the return of The Middle and Grimm.  Haven't decided yet about Sleepy Hollow - we'll see when it gets closer to its return.  There's always PBS, although neither Poldark nor Indian Summers held my attention last time so I won't be watching them this time.  I am enjoying Vera, though.

Hmm, 

New and yes: so far, Notorious. Haven't checked out much more (Macgyver is a maybe), except...

New and no: Kevin Can Wait. I still like Kevin James but the new wife reminds me WAY too much of Julia Stiles. I keep thinking Doug is married to Nikki (fromn the Bourne franchise) and it freaks me out. 

Keeping: most everything; Scream Queens, NCIS:LA, Modern Family, Criminal Minds, Big Bang. 

Dumping: Marvel Agents of Shield (too much Daisy or whatever her name is), Quantico, something else but I can't remember the name - obviously very exciting!

• Love 3

Of the new shows, so far, Pitch, Designated Survivor and Speechless look decent.  I've DVR'd MacGuyver, but haven't watched yet.  I may try to get to This is Us online to check it out, as the premise sounds interesting.  I plan to try Timeless and Westworld. 

No interest in the other new shows, they sound fairly derivative.

Returning to TBBT, OUAT (my youngest daughter really likes), AoS. Madam Sec'y, Elementary, Survivor, Lucifer and Gotham.  

I had dropped Blindspot from my DVR last year.  I may try to catch the new season episodes on line to see if its worth putting back on.

• Love 1

The biggest show I've decided to drop is The Walking Dead. I'm done. I don't care about Negan. I don't care about Daryl. I don't care about Carol. And I get the sense that those are the characters the show wants me to care about.

Because of the stupid way the show did the finale, I know who's getting Lucille'd and don't care because I didn't find out during a tense moment with a strong buildup. I found out online a few months later and my reaction was to shrug. The writers of the show so clearly care more about twitter/ the after show/tumblr/internet hype than they do telling a story and I care more about a story than I do twitter.

Otherwise I've kept all my other shows: AOS, New Girl, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Bob's Burgers, Elementary, DWTS, Scandal, HTGAWM and probably so many others that I'm not thinking of. I watch a lot of TV, guys.

New show(s) I tried and am keeping:  Designated Survivor

New shows I tried and ditched:  Pitch, This Is Us, Speechless and The Good Place

Old shows I'm keeping this season:  Survivor, Project Runway, The Voice, Inkmaster and L&O: SVU

Old shows I ditched this season:  Mr. Robot and Empire

Show I'm currently streaming and loving:  Peaky Blinders (highly, highly recommend!)

• Love 1

Shows I added: This Is Us and Designated Survivor

New shows that I still need to see: Timeless, Pitch, and Westworld (there were some others that I have forgotten)

New shows I won't bother with: All the CBS ones.

Shows I will return to: AoS, Grimm, Gotham, Bob's Burgers, Orphan Black, The Walking Dead

Shows I am dropping: All the CW superhero shows, OUAT, Blindspot, Quantico

Shows on the bubble: Sleepy Hollow, Doctor Who, and Speechless

Shows that are not new but will try: Mr. Robot

Shows I liked but for some reason stopped watching: Chicago PD

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

Shows on the bubble: Sleepy Hollow, Doctor Who, and Speechless

Doctor Who - I knew there was something I was forgetting.  I'll always come back for Doctor Who.  Been watching since the 80s (except for a brief period at the beginning of the Tennant era because I didn't like him) and it would take an awful lot to make me stop now.  Heck, I've even gotten over the Tennant aversion.

• Love 1
Just now, proserpina65 said:

Doctor Who - I knew there was something I was forgetting.  I'll always come back for Doctor Who.  Been watching since the 80s (except for a brief period at the beginning of the Tennant era because I didn't like him) and it would take an awful lot to make me stop now.  Heck, I've even gotten over the Tennant aversion.

Davison used to be my favorite Doctor until Tenant.

I like Capaldi as an actor but something is not working for me with him. I think it may be more of my aversion toward Moffat's "look at how clever I am" writing style though.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Enigma X said:

Davison used to be my favorite Doctor until Tenant.

I like Capaldi as an actor but something is not working for me with him. I think it may be more of my aversion toward Moffat's "look at how clever I am" writing style though.

Peter Davison will always be my favorite.

I like Peter Capaldi's doctor but didn't care for the manner in which Clara's character devolved; hopefully a new companion will improve things.

I love Peter Capaldi as the Doctor. I was never a hug fan of Clara.

As for shows:

Tried and keeping: The Good Place, Speechless

Tried and undecided: This is Us

Things I might try: Designated Survivor

Returning shows I'm watching: Grey's Anatomy, The Amazing Race

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Hanahope said:

I had dropped Blindspot from my DVR last year.  I may try to catch the new season episodes on line to see if its worth putting back on.

I don't know if it's enough to bring you back, but Blindspot has made a bunch of changes, so it seems they're trying to fix some of the problems from last season. I'm still planning to watch, but it's a low priority.

• Love 1

We don't watch alot of shows, but:

returning to: NCIS & crews, TBBT, Alone (when it comes back), Scorpion.

may leave: The Voice, Chicago Fire

off list: Kevin Can Wait, MacGyver (2016), we still watch the old re-runs

trying out: Survivor (Keifer Sutherland show), Timeless

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ABay said:

Have they changed the male lead? Because that's why I finally dropped Blindspot. He could give Pinocchio a run for most wooden performance. But at least Pinocchio didn't mumble.

Sorry; I said some, not all the problems.  ;-)

• Love 1

New shows across all networks/streaming I'm watching this fall-

Sunday's- Durrell's in Corfu, Westworld, Insecure

Monday's- Conviction, Timeless

Tuesday's- Good Behavior

Wednesday's- Speechless, Designated Survivor

Thursday's- Better Things, Undercover

Saturday's- Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Streaming- Luke Cage, Fleabag (very good), Good Girls Revolt, One Mississippi (fantastic), The Crown

• Love 1

My evenings are like a game of counter programming.  I'm mostly hoping that someone will counter program something so I have something better to watch live.

Tuesday's

Last week I learned ten minutes into Bull that it was not going to give me an excuse to drop Scream Queens.  This week I have finally committed to memory when the first airing of From Dusk til Dawn is.  Success.  At least for half a season.   I suspect Scream Queens will still rate a viewing while cleaning on the weekends.

This is Us subbed for AoS last week.  Not making the cut this week.  But I can't go back to AoS.  I'm basically channel surfing until Drunk History starts.

• Love 1

Fun idea!

So far, the new shows I will stick with is Designated Survivor and The Good Place.  Shows that I will see and likely stick with (baring them being insanely horrid) are Westworld, Luke Cage, and Conviction (OK, that looks like it could be bad, but I will follow Hayley Atwell.)  I will probably give Timeless and No Tomorrow a go, when they come out.  Not sure if I'm going to give Son of Zorn another chance or not.  Still debating on getting around to This is Us or not, because it looks like it is technically good, but I feel like it's going to be one of those shows that is really serious and emotionally draining, and I'm not sure I'm in the mood for that right now.

For old shows, I will stick with all my comic book ones (Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Gotham, and Agents of Shield), Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The 100, iZombie, Vikings, and Once Upon a Time for sure.  I'll keep with Empire and Blindspot as long as the former continues to be unpredictable and wacky, and the latter has Jaimie Alexander around to counter Sullivan Stapleton's grousing.  Grimm has become disappointing, but it will be the last season, so I'll see it through.  The ones on thin ice right now are The Blacklist (seems like it is in a rut and James Spader can only do so much), and Quantico, which already seems tired out.  Not to mention referring to itself as "Quan2co" in the premiere's title card.  No, show.  You can only wish you were even half as entertaining as the Fast & the Furious franchise.

Edited by thuganomics85
6 hours ago, quickjessie said:

Is Aftermath on SyFy going to get a forum thread?  Watched it tonight and really liked it.  

You need to ask for it here.

Sounds interesting, I'll check it out! As well as The Collection and a few others. Keep the recs coming, guys!

Last week I learned ten minutes into Bull that it was not going to give me an excuse to drop Scream Queens. 

I saw about 10 minutes last night while giving my cat her medical treatment and decided, based solely on my experience with the court system, that it was utter bullshit and changed the channel.

• Love 3

I tried Aftermath also, but I found myself nitpicking and eye-rolling after about 15 minutes.  When the family watched their daughter/sibling get pulled up into the sky by a random dude and not freak out appropriately, I realized that this show would be a hate watch.  I think I've been spoiled by all of the really great TV that's available, that I feel I can find better entertainment/use of my time.

3 hours ago, patty1h said:

I tried Aftermath also, but I found myself nitpicking and eye-rolling after about 15 minutes.  When the family watched their daughter/sibling get pulled up into the sky by a random dude and not freak out appropriately, I realized that this show would be a hate watch.

I think the mother was suitably in shock, gasping on her knees, but yeah, the rest of the family seemed numb.  I'm on the fence for "Aftermath" depending on how much into the supernatural and religion they lean and whether or not the disasters ever end.  At least it isn't zombies. (And I would follow a forum for the show.)

I liked "The Good Place" more than I thought I would.  My family laughed at most of MacGyver and not in a good way. I fell asleep before the end of "Designated Survivor" and thus will not bother.

Glad to have S.H.I.E.L.D. back and I hope they don't go too comic book this season.  Still watching all the NCIS flavors out of habit, and Hawaii-5-O only by fast-forwarding thru their silly B-plots.

I've also dropped out of Vampire Diaries and OUaT, but I'm a Supernatural loyal fan until the bitter end.

My indulgence is "Forged in Fire" on the History channel.

Edited by KDeFlane
  • Love 1