Type keyword(s) to search

This Just In: New, Cancelled, Returning, And On-Hiatus Shows News

• Start Topic

I'm looking forward to the return of Empire, even though I doubt they can match the excitement of the first season.

The miniseries of Stephen King's 11/22/63 is due out in 2016, although I don't know if this is the upcoming season or the next one.

Excited for The Muppets and The XFiles.

Will watch Scream Queens. It sounds ridiculous but it may be fun and I like a lot of the cast.

Am tired of commercials for Blindspot and Quantico.

Will not watch Supergirl. Being tired of superhero shows coupled with Melissa Benoist who I think is a pretty mediocre actress (from Glee and Whiplash) and I just have no interest in this show.

I follow Tim on Twitter too and I don't remember him tweeting a start date.  I also listen to the Nerdist podcast and a few weeks ago he had Scott Weigner on.  Scott is mostly known as the non-singing voice of Aladdin in the movie and other sundry. But he's now mostly a TV writer and writes for Galavant.  They got a bigger season order (10 eps--yay) but when he recorded the podcast at least, he didn't know when they'd air.  There was the potential to air them during the OUAT break but next summer is also possible.

Is Scott Weigner going to be in "Fuller House"?

I'm excited for Supergirl, Code Black, iZombie, Vixen ( even if it is on CW Seed and later this month), Jessica Jones, Elementary, and some I might be forgetting.

I feel mixed on some of the new stuff and returning stuff. Either the premise seems done a lot lately (  crime procedurals) or series I've been following are losing me due to uneven/bad writing, primarily.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for new shows and am hopeful that the ones I watch are exciting and fun. It's just for every Jessica Jones, there's about four Grandfathered ( which looks cute, to be fair) and The Grinder or The Player ( which I am planning on watching.) 

Blood & Oil I just have no time for.

I will echo the posters who are almost  repulsed at the sight of the over-hyped new fall shows. If I wasn't already interested in The Player and Blindspot, I'd be tempted to picket the network in order to keep the damn shows off my TV. As it is, the promos go for short and vague to almost-not-needing-to-see-the-pilot! Airing the ads once every half hour in every daypart doesn't engender feelings of curiosity and anticipation, but exasperation and frustration. Especially with the three inch banners that obscure the current shows we are watching. (Presumably, the nets want us to watch that stuff too, but they make it difficult sometimes.) Sorry about that rant.

Returning Shows

of the Brit Persuasion

Downton Abbey (sniffles, ending)

Call the Midwife
Sherlock (fina-freaking-ly)
Doctor Who (picking on my last nerve. Hate Clara. Hate Steven Moffatt)

and basically whatever BBC/ITV  comes out with. I generally love them

Surely we cable
Outlander

Black Sails (even though I'm behind)
Game of Thrones

Network Television

Grey's Anatomy. (I wish I could quit you and Shonda seriously trampled my last nerve)
Survivor (never ever miss a season)

Galavant (YAY!!)
Scandal (I really want to drop this show. but I just know I'm going to be watching the first few episodes, but i hate it so much). 

Once Upon a TIme

that is up coming

Maybe Supergirl. Maybe Crazy-Ex Girlfriend (I like Musicals). there's Quantamo? the FBI terrorist show that looked interesting. i'm not sure. lately i find most teevee shows get cancelled so i basically wait until they're renewed for season two.

Edited by Daisy

I think I saw something in the last few days saying yes, Scott Weingar (that's how you spell it) would be in Fuller House. They're already filming; I think he may have already been on set.

Daisy: It's Quantico. Named for Quantico, Virginia, which is near Washington, DC, & is the location of the FBI Academy (I think that's what they call it), & the show is about either a group of FBI trainees or newly-minted FBI agents, 1 or more of whom is actually part of a terrorist cell & involved in what's being described as a terrorist attack on US soil that's worse than 9/11 & takes place in the show.

Also, it's never been specifically said, I don't think, but Criminal Minds is also based in Quantico--that's also the home of the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit depicted in that show.

Finally, I just read a thing saying Fox will air a preview (presumably an early airing of the Pilot) of Rob Lowe & Fred Savage's new show, The Grinder, tonight at 11:30PM Eastern.

Edited by BW Manilowe

I think I saw something in the last few days saying yes, Scott Weingar (that's how you spell it) would be in Fuller House. They're already filming; I think he may have already been on set.

Daisy: It's Quantico. Named for Quantico, Virginia, which is near Washington, DC, & is the location of the FBI Academy (I think that's what they call it), & the show is about either a group of FBI trainees or newly-minted FBI agents, 1 or more of whom is actually part of a terrorist cell & involved in what's being described as a terrorist attack on US soil that's worse than 9/11 & takes place in the show.

Also, it's never been specifically said, I don't think, but Criminal Minds is also based in Quantico--that's also the home of the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit depicted in that show.

Finally, I just read a thing saying Fox will air a preview (presumably an early airing of the Pilot) of Rob Lowe & Fred Savage's new show, The Grinder, tonight at 11:30PM Eastern.

thanks so much! :) yes that show :)

He said in the podcast that he was going to be on it but I think he's just going to appear and not be a regular character.  He was actually asked to write for it but he was contracted to write for Galavant and Black-ish so he couldn't.

New: Stephen Corbert. I probably wouldn't be able to stay up an watch it, but I'll watch it online or something.

Returning: Agents of shield and continuum.

I'm sad to say that I'm not really looking forward to grimm, not sure I am even going to watch it.

I watch little network tv these days, but it seems that every time I have NBC on they are constantly running commercials for the new show with the girl with the tattoos.  (Ad fail, after all the commercials I still don't know the name of the show.)  I've complained about NBC doing this before; every summer they run so many damn commercials for their new shows that I'm already sick of them and won't watch because of that.  

To me she is just Jessie from Kyle XY, she's been in other things such as Marvel stuff but she is still just Jessie to me ;).

Edited by blueray
  • Love 2

I have no taste and am easily amused: Scream Queens for me. Everything else new looks somewhere between "Not if you paid me and I'll give it a couple episodes."

Old shows I am looking forward to are The Blacklist (I thought season 2 was a far improvement over season 1). Gotham, Empire, and Agents of Shield. Oh yeah and Oncs Upon a Time.

Earlier this summer, Bravo was promoting a New York version of the reality show 'Workout." I'd been something of a fan of the trainwreck that was the LA edition a few years ago and was looking forward to at least checking this new one, if only for the snark factor. But I stopped seeing commercials for it and it's not listed on the Bravo site. I googled but came up empty on it being cancelled. Does anyone if it's been pulled and why? Will it be rescheduled? Even MTV's much reviled "House of Food" got to air at least a few episodes before being summarily pulled.

As far as new shows, I'm going to try Code Black on CBS because I like the cast and I miss having a hospital drama in my life since my beloved ER ended.  And I might give Quantico a look.

For returning shows, I'm looking forward to Downton Abbey, GoT, and hopefully the Great British Bake Off coming back to PBS.  A couple of seasons ago, my number one answer would have been Elementary, but it turned into The JLM Show, and if I wanted to watch that, I would've watched Eli Stone.

The show about the girl with the tattoos (which apparently are clues to cases or something involving an FBI agent) is called Blindspot. It supposedly has a lot of "buzz"/hit potential.

I find that I would be a lot more interested in this series if the protagonist was once an actual seal as opposed to the strongly implied NAVY SEAL.......

• Love 2

I don’t get the good cable channels, so this is all broadcast shows.

Eagerly anticipating:

Supergirl — The only thing I’m unsure about is the network it’s airing on, and if its ratings will be big enough for their standards.

Blindspot — The premise seems intriguing, and I like Jaimie Alexander. I really hope it’s good; shows centered around a conspiracy can tend to get too convoluted for their own good.

Grandfathered — Looks cute, and Stamos is working the silver fox thing.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend — Looks fun, but not appointment TV; we’ll see.

Returning shows:

Galavant — I was sure this was a goner; so glad there’s a second season!

The Flash — Please don’t have a horrible sophomore slump.

Will check out a few episodes:

Quantico — Early reviews have sent up a few red flags for me, but I kinda want it to do well for the lead actress.

The Player — I’m glad Wesley Snipes is working again… but I don’t think this is something I’ll stick with.

Legends of Tomorrow — I can’t decide about this show, since I don’t think the creators have figured out what’s going on with it yet.

Rush Hour — This has ‘fail’ written all over it, yet I still want to check it out.

Rosewood — I'm kind of over these types of procedurals, but Morris Chestnut.

Heroes: Reborn — You are already starting out on thin ice — watch yourself, show.

Returning shows I’m dropping:

Gotham — I already dropped it mid-season, though.

Arrow — I wasn’t really into this show anyway, but now I can’t take it seriously at all after the way they “killed” the lead character.

Once Upon a Time — They keep repeating themselves, and focusing on characters and story lines I have no interest in. Some old characters need to go, and new ones used more effectively.

Person of Interest — I’ve fallen out of love with it, but I might get sucked back in if this is really the final season.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 1

I am being very asshaty and hoping every new show on NBC gets cancelled. I never understood why people held grudges against networks until now but their treatment of Hannibal (especially in New York where the preempted the second to last episode ever for football) has made me reconsider my policy.

As the new season gets closer, people start to play the 'what new show will be cancelled first ' game. One year I thought it would be Desperate Housewives, and thus I no longer participate in that game.

I am being very asshaty and hoping every new show on NBC gets cancelled. I never understood why people held grudges against networks until now but their treatment of Hannibal (especially in New York where the preempted the second to last episode ever for football) has made me reconsider my policy.

I understand why people hold grudges against networks.  I still hold one against FOX for how they half assed threw Keen Eddie out in the middle of summer and barely gave it a chance to survive.  Or when they mess with success too much.

But I've never understood holding them when an argument could be made that they gave a show a legitimate shot.  And three seasons of absolutely pitiful ratings for Hannibal was giving that show a shot, especially for a network whose business model has to be one of a broadcast channel.  It says a lot, in this time of streaming services giving shows third, forth and fifth chances, that it couldn't find a home with a cable network or a streaming service.  Maybe someday...I hope for its fans, but I don't think it was treated horribly.  The fact that they even aired the rest of the episodes is a minor miracle considering they could have just pulled it and put the rest online while showing Dateline repeats.  (That one pre-emption wasn't a network decision--it was a local channel.)

While Hannibal wasn't my cup of tea (I tried to no avail), I made the same argument when FOX cancelled  Arrested Development and when NBC cancelled Community. 

I think it's hard to predict what will get cancelled these days because it seems that critical praise can earn a show more time to develop.  And we don't always see the back end where a show can make money.  For instance, it's a little surprising how much life The Killing had after its first cancellation.  But apparently, Netflix viewers like cop shows. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4

While it's harder to pick a first cancellation, it helps to look at which shows debut first and which ones have the riskiest premises.

Some thoughts:

Best. Week. Ever. with Neil Patrick Harris still hasn't had any marketing that says "must-watch." It's hard to say how patient NBC will be. I suspect they will... providing the show immediately manages to generate some viral videos, which argues that ratings will grow.

Crazy Ex Girlfriend: Has a challenging genre (musical) and doesn't look very good. I can't figure out if I think this has an actual chance at getting the back nine. It's going to come down to quality improving (by the network's standards) and how badly the CW wants a Monday night show compatible to Jane the Virgin.

Grandfathered and The Grinder are in a tough time slot, kicking of a Fox Tuesday night comedy lineup. The Grinder has the better promo, so I think it has a better chance but both are going to face a battle to get that back nine.

Limitless/Code Black: Both are on CBS so they look safe, considering how long CBS kept airing Stalker.

Blindspot: Judging from the patience State of Affairs got, this one should get 13 episodes. Same for Wesley Snipes' The Player.

Dr Ken has a deadly time slot. Every show after Last Man Standing has died but they all got a full season so I think it'll get that much. Unfortunately, I don't think Jeong's audience will follow him to a multi-cam sitcom and I don't think Tim the Toolman yelling about political correctness is going to be any better a lead-in than it was for Cristela.

Truth Be Told has a late premiere date but it look like the network is dumping it. That said, Undatable was definitely getting a burn off run and it did well enough to get two more seasons. It's a wild card but it's the most likely to be the first cancellation. NBC could easily replace it with a repeat of the previous week's Undatable.

Life in Pieces/Angel from Hell both look very likely cancellations. They're single camera comedies on CBS and I can't remember the last time a single cam got a second season on CBS. CBS is also one of the few networks that can quickly cancel a comedy and get better ratings by airing a BBT rerun. CBS also needs a new comedy hit if it's not going to spend next year trying to get the BBT cast agree to another two seasons, so who knows. They also don't debut until November so unless its a really terrible debut, CBS won't face pressure to cancel it from affiliates until February.

I had to think for a long before I could even remember an American shows I was excited about this fall. Scream Queens was the only one I could think of, and I know that won't be good through it's entire run (because Ryan Murphy). Then I guess I look forward to The Good Wife, American Horror Story and The Walking Dead (mostly about Carol) even if they're all well past their prime.

Oh, Transparent! That one I'm excited about.

As for non US shows: Please Like Me, Broen, The Returned and Catastrophe.

• Love 1
(edited)

Isn't it "Best Time Ever" not "Best Week"?

Not that I think the show has a chance.  It's based on a model that works in the UK mostly because if anyone still loves stupid appointment-TV live broadcasting, it's that country. Whereas the US market hasn't cared about that kind of thing for decades.  We didn't even need time-delayed viewing to become the norm here for that genre to die.  We've got live shows for competition shows like Got Talent and Idol and Voice, but people barely care those are live.  For a true variety show?  They're going to care even less.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1

A couple of the midseason shows sound a little interesting but this is the least excited I've been for a fall season in years.

Same here!  The fall season is normally like Christmas for me.  This year it's more like Presidents' Day.

• Love 3

Ah, yes. Best Time Ever.

NBC's been trying hard to revive the variety show, except efforts have been pretty terrible (Rosie Live, Maya Rudolph's show). My impression is that they're looking at The Tonight Show for inspiration this time. Maybe that will work in prime time. Overall, though, I suspect the show's future will be based on if the show can market itself by creating moments that turn into viral videos, much like how Fallon did. If it can make videos that get viewed online, NBC will be patient and see if those online views turn into ratings. It's got an uphill battle but I suspect NBC knows what went wrong in the past, now it's a question of if they can figure out how to fix it. I'm not a big fan of Fallon's tonight show but it works as a template for how to revive the variety format.

My impression is that they're looking at The Tonight Show for inspiration this time. Maybe that will work in prime time. 

Did it work when they put the actual HOST of The Tonight Show in prime time?

• Love 1

Did it work when they put the actual HOST of The Tonight Show in prime time?

Wait, what? Do you think I'm saying that The Tonight Show with Jay Leno grew its audience with videos that dominate social media? Are you saying there was a primetime NBC show hosted by Jimmy Fallon that I don't know about? Do you think I'm talking about a show that went off the air 18 months ago instead of one that is considered successful TODAY?

• Love 1

Hmm, UK audiences are a bit picky with “variety” appointment TV shows these days, Ant and Dec are really the only ones that can get consistently high ratings. The other big live or sometimes “live” shows are the competition ones the US has/had. I think the format *can* work but you really do need the right combination of host and activities/bits.

Crazy Ex Girlfriend: Has a challenging genre (musical) and doesn't look very good. I can't figure out if I think this has an actual chance at getting the back nine. It's going to come down to quality improving (by the network's standards) and how badly the CW wants a Monday night show compatible to Jane the Virgin.

Don't most shows on the CW automatically get the back 9?  I think they face more leniency than most network shows. Jane The Virgin was thought to be DOA too until it became a ccritical darling.

I suspect the show's future will be based on if the show can market itself by creating moments that turn into viral videos, much like how Fallon did. If it can make videos that get viewed online, NBC will be patient and see if those online views turn into ratings. It's got an uphill battle but I suspect NBC knows what went wrong in the past, now it's a question of if they can figure out how to fix it. I'm not a big fan of Fallon's tonight show but it works as a template for how to revive the variety format.

I don't know if viral videos are what NBC wants from this show.  This is live.  Undateable will be doing all of its shows lives. I  think NBC wants live TV to get people to feel like they need to watch. 

I'm basically in the tank for anything based on a comic book, so I'm looking forward to Supergirl and Jessica Jones. I've been a fan of the former character since I was a kid, and it looks like Melissa Benoist has a great handle on the character. And Alias (the comic that introduced Jessica Jones) was one of the best comics of the past twenty years, and it's great to see the character being introduced to a wider audience. Blindspot looks pretty interesting, too.

• Love 2

I have no taste and am easily amused: Scream Queens for me. Everything else new looks somewhere between "Not if you paid me and I'll give it a couple episodes."

I liked the idea of this show, but I guess my impression of what it was going to be came primarily from Jamie Lee Curtis being in the cast.  I'm still going to give it a shot but the more trailers I see, the more nervous I get.  I saw one and my reaction was...so this is "The House Bunny"

Lea Michelle's neck brace + sorority

meets Satan from South Park

what I presume is the killer's cartoony red devil mask

And I was already on the fence about whether watching donut licker's character's demise was worth watching her in however many episodes lead up to it.  She wears cat ears in every interview promo.  What is up with that?  I miss the days when it was revealed that a Big Brother houseguest was Ariana Grande's brother and I was like..'Who?'.  Now I'm going to be watching this thing to see if they manage to film the right side of her face.

Updating my list:  I'm kind of looking forward to Rosewood and Lucifer.  Shiny, glossy, good eye candy...  Hoping for good storylines.  And I have now dropped Quantico after watching the Official Trailer.  Too many improbably pretty people, and I have my doubts about the somehow-slipped-through-the-screening-cadet-who-is-really-a-terrorist story - unless it turns out that screening for pretty got a much greater emphasis than screening for patriotism.  (I have been interviewed only once by a fibbie for a security clearance background check - on someone whom I roomed with for two weeks.  I consider that thorough.)

NPH announced today that Nicole Scherzinger has joined his show as a regular "sidekick".

I actually like Nicole (note HER, not her horrible lame solo-career), but have horrible visions of them trying to shoehorn her into some kind of lame Lip Sync Battle-like Chissy Teigen role.

I've hated Nicole with the fire of thousands of burning suns since she broke Rachel Crow's heart on the 1st season of the US X Factor by not voting to save her in an elimination (with the judges votes & the audience votes combined, Rachel lost; I can only assume Nicole was assuming the audience was pro-Rachel & would save her even if Nicole voted to send her home... Which isn't what happened). I love NPH, but now I'm as ambivalent about watching this as I was about watching US X Factor once they added 1 of the idiotic, untalented, skanky KarTRASHian sisters as a Co-Host. Sigh...

• Love 1

Definitely looking forward to the last seasons of "Downton Abbey" and "Person of Interest" (although the latter has been one of my favorites from episode one, I think its time to wrap it up - I'm not a fan of the kitten-of-the-week-in-peril so I would rather get the main arc resolved one way or the other and say bye.)

Definitely looking forward to the next season of "Outlander".

Most excited for the Christmas episode of "Sherlock Holmes" and any future episodes, for "Vikings" (yeah yeah yeah!), and for "Sense8" whenever that reappears.

Maybe on "Fargo", depending on the casting. Already missing "Justified"...sniff.

Returning shows I'm looking forward to --> Agent Carter, How to Get Away with Murder, Gotham, Sleepy Hollow, The Walking Dead, Elementary. I think that's all of them.

New shows? Quantico sounds really interesting. So does Lucifer. In 2016, The X-Files. Hoping to see another season of Great British Baking Show. Halloween Wars.

I'm not really excited about anything new that I am aware of.

The X-files miniseries if that counts as new.

I have a few shows in my Netflix list that I'm looking forward to watching/catching up on but new network shows? Nothing really excites me. Superpowered or supertrained assassins/tattooed girls or boys with secrets or conspiracies, yawn. I'd rather catch up on the last season of Strike Back instead.

Angels or Lucifer don't excite me after Supernatural and I can't stand anything comicbook superhero related anymore.

Showcase in Canada is showing Mr Robot starting in September, which looks promising.

Returning:

Person of Interest, Gotham, Twelve Monkeys

Dropped:

Big Bang Theory. Just not funny anymore.

The Mindy Project. Actually I think I dropped it during last season.

This is the first time I won't be watching Supernatural since season 3. It has become so very stupid and I don't recognize the Winchesters anymore.

Edited by supposebly

Hmm.... lets see:

New shows:

Yes

Blindspot: there is some trepidation since it looks like a show that could easily go off the rails, but I became a Jaimie Alexander fanboy ever since her Sif on Thor, so I know I will see every episode for her, and I hope it works out.

Legends of Tomorrow: wasn't a huge Ray Palmer fan, but maybe being part of an ensemble will work better.  Really though, I'll be there for the return of Sara Lance (and badass Caity Lotz), and Victor Garber being his normal awesome self.

Supergirl: looks fun, even though I admit that Melissa Benoist isn't the first person that pops into my head when I think of Supergirl. Then again, neither were Stephen Amell or Grant Gustin...

Jessica Jane: after Daredevil, I have complete faith in all things Marvel/Netflix.

Westworld: HBO!  That cast!  They better not mess this up!

Vinyl: see Westworld.

Maybe?

The Bastard Executioner: honestly couldn't get into Sons of Anarchy, but the setting seems intriguing.  Plus, I'm curious to see Stephen Moyer outside of True Blood and the lame stuff they did with Bill.

Quantico: kind of intriguing, but I'm unsure if they can keep it up for an entire season.

Lucifer: concept seems fun and I'm looking forward to seeing Lauren German again, but I'm not sure if I'm sold on Tom Ellis.

The Muppets: love the idea, but I worry it could end up being too much of a good thing.

Hell No!

Blood & Oil: seen the trailers for it way too many times, and each time, it looks more and more ridiculous.

Returning Show:

Really looking forward to the returns of Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Better Call Saul, iZombie, Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Empire, Game of Thrones, Vikings, Fargo, and Orphan Black.

Plan on watching, but currently kind of on probation: Arrow, Grimm, The Blacklist, and Sleepy Hollow.

Thinking about dropping: the Chicago shows (Fire because of it's silly story-lines; P.D. because I tire of how everyone seems to bend the rules and it's looked upon as a good thing), the NCIS shows (no real reason; just not enough time), and The Leftovers (not excited about the new location/story-line.)

Edited by thuganomics85

List of fall 2015 mid-season-starting shows:

http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/index.ssf/2015/09/fall_tv_preview_2015_your_guide_to_the_51_network_shows_that_wont_air_until_mid-season.html

ETA: Apparently "Fall mid-season" means January???

Here's the real fall list for cable:

http://www.cleveland.com/tv-blog/index.ssf/2015/09/fall_tv_preview_2015_your_guide_to_50_new_and_returning_cable_shows.html#incart_story_package

--including on SyFy:

The miniseries version of author Arthur C. Clarke's "Childhood's End" begins at 8 p.m. Monday, Dec. 14. It will be followed by the series premiere of "Expanse," a futuristic thriller starring Thomas Jane. He plays a police detective trying to unravel a galactic conspiracy.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1

I'll keep it short with shows from just the fall season:

New - Maybe:

Blindspot and Quantico (cautiously optimistic, but I've dropped similar hyped shows after 1-2 episodes - The Blacklist and The Following, for example), Scream Queens (fan of the genre, the casting is so over the top, could be an enjoyable train wreck), Jessica Jones (after The B* in Ap 23 was cancelled, I needz me more Krysten Ritter; David Tennant is also a plus), Hand of God (the premise), Ash Vs. Evil Dead (Well, it's Evil Dead, with Sam Raimi on board.), Flesh and Bone (saw it described as "Black Swan" meets "Breaking Bad", and that is good enough for me.), Into the Badlands (Wuxia on TV, post-apocalyptic setting. It's wuxia. "Wuxia" with W from Will Watch.)

New - Nope: Minority Report (watched the leaked pilot already and it played like the typical boring procedural) and Supergirl (like shoregirl said, it's yet another superhero story, with a mediocre actress) and, well, everything else that premiers this season, obviously.

New - Will give it an episode: Heroes Reborn (There still aren't that many shows that get a second chance/reboot like this, so I'm curious.) And I didn't like the trailer for Lucifer, but I'll try it out.

Yes, please! Returning: Person of Interest - and others I can't remember at the time, because I'm blinded by passion and monogamous by nature. :D

Despite both their flaws I am looking forward to The Blacklist and Gotham . They are both imperfect but fun shows with room for improvement and I think they are both heading in the right direction.

As for new shows Quantico at least looks interesting. I like a good or at least entertaining conspiracy show and this will hopefully be one or the other and if I am lucky both.

Jessica Jones . On Netflix's record alone the show interests me. Even if JJ is someone I am not familiar with.

I am so over and annoyed with Blindspot . I am not sure if it is because every channel has a commercial for it or because I honestly don't think it looks any good but this show gets a hell no.

Edited by Chaos Theory

I don't watch much, but I'm looking forward to returning shows Castle and Librarians and Tanked and NCIS and TBBT , though the last two are looking long in the tooth, and the first is probably ending soon.

For new shows, only mid season miniseries X-Files . Have no plans to watch anything new.

Despite both their flaws I am looking forward to The Blacklist and Gotham . They are both imperfect but fun shows with room for improvement and I think they are both heading in the right direction.

As for new shows Quantico at least looks interesting. I like a good or at least entertaining conspiracy show and this will hopefully be one or the other and if I am lucky both.

I am so over and annoyed with Blindspot . I am not sure if it is because every channel has a commercial for it or because I honestly don't think it looks any good but this show gets a hell no.

Heh; different strokes for different folks! Gotham seems to be doubling down on all the things I didn't like from the first season, so I'm staying away. Though I'll probably skim some recaps to see what they do with certain characters.

Maybe it's the channels I watch (or don't watch), but I haven't been inundated with the Blindspot ads. I'm hoping that's going to be my 'good or at least entertaining conspiracy show'.  But I'm interested in Quantico, too. I hope it can break out of the comparisons to the Shondaland shows.

So right now, Minority Report is looking pretty good for cancellation. We haven't had the first official yet, have we?

I read either on tv.com or tvbythenumbers.com that Minority Report was the first official cancellation.