Type keyword(s) to search

This Just In: New, Cancelled, Returning, And On-Hiatus Shows News

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The main character of His Dark Materials is a 12 year old girl.

I'll admit to having tried to read these books twice, and have given them up as they bored me.

I thought the first one was really good, the second one less so, and the third was was a train wreck.  The movie with Nicole Kidman was awful, too, so I'm not optimistic about a TV show.

12 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Oh man, seriously whenever I think of The Lost boys my mind instantly flashes on:

- Kiefer being an ugly ass Vampire. 

- Corey Haim singing in high falsetto "I ain't got a home..." in the bathtub

- Shirtless sax dude.

No.... no one should ever touch this gem in a remake or reboot or re-anything.  Ever.

It is sad that Haim was sexually abused in both films(Lucas & The Lost Boys). RIP. He even said that Lost Boys was the start of his drug problems. I can't imagine what was going on in his brain. He definitely left this world too young.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

The main character of His Dark Materials is a 12 year old girl.

I'll admit to having tried to read these books twice, and have given them up as they bored me.

I think I tried reading the first one and got bored or for some reason never finished it. I've heard good things about it though (the books that is). I also heard the movie was horrible.  Hopefully the tv show can do better with the source material.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, GaT said:

Yep, that's Tim Cappello

I can't figure out if that I know this reflects my fun 80s teen years or just sadly dates me. Ha. I will never forget his sexy thrusting hip movements playing sax on Tina Turner's "We Don't Need Another Hero" performances for the Mad Max in Thunderdome soundtrack and all her other songs. He would be literally having sex to the music or the sax or everyone watching. I was totally there for it too. The Lost Boys is a true 80s movie.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Joe said:

It's been going for 4 years? Not that I've ever watched an episode, but I thought I heard about it being greenlit a year or so ago, not four.

I just got Netflix in September, so I’m not positive if it’s actually been on 4 years or not. Remember, in TV now a season & a calendar year aren’t necessarily the same things anymore (ie you have multiple new airings/seasons/cycles of shows like Survivor during a calendar year). I think they might’ve done multiple seasons in a year at least once, but I might be wrong—& if so, I’ll come back & correct my statement.

OK... this says the show premiered in February, 2016. So it’s been running for 3 calendar years (probably a little over that length of time by the time the new episodes are released by Netflix).

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add information about the show’s premiere date.
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

I just got Netflix in September, so I’m not positive if it’s actually been on 4 years or not. Remember, in TV now a season & a calendar year aren’t necessarily the same things anymore (ie you have multiple new airings/seasons/cycles of shows like Survivor during a calendar year). I think they might’ve done multiple seasons in a year at least once, but I might be wrong—& if so, I’ll come back & correct my statement.

OK... this says the show premiered in February, 2016. So it’s been running for 3 calendar years (probably a little over that length of time by the time the new episodes are released by Netflix).

Thanks. But still longer than expected. Just when I thought the last couple of years had been slow paced for me... Time is a funny thing.

I  love The Lost Boys, and I don't think I will watch. I'll look out for a trailer, but really, the movie was one of my favourites as a teenager. 

8 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I can't figure out if that I know this reflects my fun 80s teen years or just sadly dates me. Ha. I will never forget his sexy thrusting hip movements playing sax on Tina Turner's "We Don't Need Another Hero" performances for the Mad Max in Thunderdome soundtrack and all her other songs. He would be literally having sex to the music or the sax or everyone watching. I was totally there for it too. The Lost Boys is a true 80s movie.

I wonder if they will have Cry Little Sister, in the TV show. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Joe said:

It's been going for 4 years? Not that I've ever watched an episode, but I thought I heard about it being greenlit a year or so ago, not four.

I watched the first season mostly fir the nostalgia trip.  It was.....ok.  Jodie Sweetin The gurl who plays Stephane had a bit of a downward spiral after the original Full House ended but in Fuller House she actually cone off as the most interesting of the cast.   Then again I only watched the first season.

53 minutes ago, Anela said:

Ah, the memories. They would score major points if they paid homage to the original and used Cry Little Sister. I have got to watch The Lost Boys. It has been a few months since I last caught it on tv. This is why I will never cut the cord. You're bored searching for something to watch and there is The Lost Boys playing on some channel.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5
On 2/2/2019 at 8:40 PM, DearEvette said:

Oh man, seriously whenever I think of The Lost boys my mind instantly flashes on:

- Kiefer being an ugly ass Vampire. 

10 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I was 10 when the Lost Boys hit theaters so I can't imagine I saw it until it was released on VHS a few years later but that movie created my infinite fangirl love for Keifer.

People always assume it's Jack Bauer that started it. Nope, my fan girl love dates back to Lost Boys!

And now? Ugly ass vampire, indeed, says my grown ass self, though we all know there is no accounting for logic when it comes to looking back on teenage crushes.

If they bring Keifer in for the roll of Max, or Jamie Gertz in to reprise Star I may tune in.

• Love 2

I was 18 when The Lost Boys came out and I loved it, as did my friends.  If it was on tv, we were watching it.  The soundtrack is awesome!  I still think Keifer was cute in the movie (and now that I watch that video of Cry Little Sister, he looks a little like Joel McHale at times), but thought that Jason Patick was even cuter.

I might try the series, just to see how it looks. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

I was 10 when the Lost Boys hit theaters so I can't imagine I saw it until it was released on VHS a few years later but that movie created my infinite fangirl love for Keifer.

People always assume it's Jack Bauer that started it. Nope, my fan girl love dates back to Lost Boys!

And now? Ugly ass vampire, indeed, says my grown ass self, though we all know there is no accounting for logic when it comes to looking back on teenage crushes.

If they bring Keifer in for the roll of Max, or Jamie Gertz in to reprise Star I may tune in.

My mum loved Kiefer, after watching that movie, although she thought Jason Patric was better looking. One of my aunts is the ultimate Kiefer fan-girl. I like him, but never found him that attractive. 

• Love 1

I know it is asking a lot from the CW where acting talent is a rare occurrence, but I really hope that the producers of The Lost Boys series loved the movie and have some pride in what they are creating. So when they are auditioning the usual bland good looking white young men that they hire actors who have talent. Adding diversity in a main role would also be good. I suggest that they cast an African American actress as Star rather than the usual supporting role hire as one of the lost boys in the pack. Not that it is likely to happen, but it would be nice.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Anela said:

I just watched this, I haven't cry heard this song in years but I used to listen to it over & over, the soundtrack had some great music. And now I really don't want them to do  remake.

Edited by GaT
Because I apparently lost brain cells in the middle of a sentence
  • Love 1

Freeform Picks Up "Party of Five" to Series

... Freeform announces the pickup to series of the reboot of fan-favorite "Party of Five" from the original creators, Amy Lippman and Chris Keyser. From Sony Pictures Television, the one-hour drama will follow the five Acosta children (fka Buendia) as they navigate daily life struggles to survive as a family unit after their parents are suddenly deported to Mexico. The series stars Brandon Larracuente as Emilio, Emily Tosta as Lucia, Niko Guardado as Beto and Elle Paris Legaspi as Valentina. The pilot was co-written by Lippman, Keyser and newcomer Michal Zebede.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

Kill me now. They cast Tyler Posey as Michael. Why did I bother hoping? Why? They don't even have one African American actor in the main cast. I will just give this a miss.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/the-lost-boys-tyler-posey-kiele-sanchez-medalion-rahimi-dakota-shapiro-cast-catherine-hardwicke-direct-the-cw-pilot-1202561404/

"The leader of a vampire gang, he’s wildly in love with Stella, who’s the only one who can control him."

Oh god, really show?? I don't remember Star having any control over David, in the movie. She protested when they played with him and the food, and got him to drink blood. She tried to stop it, and then hid in their house, as the vampires attacked.

So when she falls in love with Michael, and he really goes off, it will be all her fault. 

• Love 2
On 2/22/2019 at 7:53 PM, SimoneS said:

Kill me now. They cast Tyler Posey as Michael. Why did I bother hoping? Why? They don't even have one African American actor in the main cast. I will just give this a miss.

https://deadline.com/2019/02/the-lost-boys-tyler-posey-kiele-sanchez-medalion-rahimi-dakota-shapiro-cast-catherine-hardwicke-direct-the-cw-pilot-1202561404/

On 2/22/2019 at 9:07 PM, Anela said:

"The leader of a vampire gang, he’s wildly in love with Stella, who’s the only one who can control him."

Oh god, really show?? I don't remember Star having any control over David, in the movie. She protested when they played with him and the food, and got him to drink blood. She tried to stop it, and then hid in their house, as the vampires attacked.

So when she falls in love with Michael, and he really goes off, it will be all her fault. 

Oh good god, this is worse than I imagined. They not only fucked with the backstory (Lucy is divorced not widowed) they can't get the characters correct.

Star had zero control over David. She tried to protect Laddy but at the end of the day she was a damsel for Michael to rescue.

I rarely root for a TV show to bomb, it means people will lose work but I hope this doesn't get past the pilot.

• Love 3
On 2/25/2019 at 12:10 PM, theredhead77 said:

I rarely root for a TV show to bomb, it means people will lose work but I hope this doesn't get past the pilot.

You got my vote, this sounds awful

3 hours ago, Anduin said:

I've never heard of Spectrum Cable. Also, does anyone who doesn't subscribe care enough? Not me, I didn't like it the first time. Maybe a network exec is a fan.

They used to be Charter then bought out Time Warner and Bright House and changed their name. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrum_(cable_service)

I'm still anxiously awaiting the Connors Season 2 renewal deal. Everything I have been reading implies it's going to happen. I need more John Goodman in my life!

• Love 5
On 3/12/2019 at 4:57 AM, BW Manilowe said:

We have Spectrum cable, and we hate it. It doesn't work half the time, either the DVR doesn't record anything, or the cable freezes up or takes forever to change channels, like an old computer. When we used to turn on the DVR, it would either automatically go to PBS, or the last channel we were watching. Now it goes to their very own spectrum channel, in the #1 spot. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ratgirlagogo said:

Like everyone else we have some issues with Spectrum , although  having New York One  is pretty much worth it for us. I never liked Mad About You in the first place so the revival is wasted on me.

Oh, is that the channel I complained about? I don't watch it. I was annoyed when their news kept appearing as the first thing we saw.

7 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I have an irrational resentment that it's SVU reaching this milestone instead of the superior Mothership.

You mean the "every girl/woman is a victim" thing (at least when I stopped watching 15 yrs. ago), is old and tired, and not worthy of any.more.cycles?  

mmv

• Love 5
3 hours ago, BW Manilowe said:

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Fuck You, Dick Wolf, for being too CHEAP to let the Mothership get its 21st. They were MUCH MORE DESERVING.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

47904D5D-464A-4B71-A908-855D3F285A5B.gif

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Actually, Doctor Who, starting in 1963, is. In that time, it has had 37 seasons and a dozen or so specials. Yes, it's taken a few breaks. Yes, every member of the cast and crew has changed a dozen times over. But essentially, Jodie Whittaker's Doctor is William Hartnell's Doctor. So you should ignore the clickbaity nonsense and concentrate on the facts.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, kassygreene said:

Tatort has been running about 30 feature-length episodes per year since 1970.

Between this and DW, it's clear that the original article was deeply Americacentric. It's amazing what happens when you look at the rest of the world. 🙂

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, BW Manilowe said:

I was just going by the linked article. If SVU really is the longest running live action TV show, or not, that’s cool. Hopefully someone might comment on TV Line’s page & bring up the apparent discrepancy.

Tv line is an American focused website catering to an American audience I don’t get the issue.

• Love 6