Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: The Son Also Rises

On 2/24/2017 at 7:27 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

I didn't care for the Monroe dream or any of the Nick/Juliette stuff.

Monroe's dream actually answered a thought I had when Rosalee said she was pregnant, i.e., would a wesen Foxbau have a litter? I guess it's possible?

I would be super interested in how the doc brings dead people to life, and its practical applications with bodies that are in better shape.

Juliette/Eve was decent for about one season of Grimm. They really screwed up her character. I actually like Eve, who talked less and kicked butt, better - wigs and all.

Edited by Ottis
On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:03 AM, icemiser69 said:

Perhaps you are correct, but I think it was more likely setting up the death of Juliette being killed by Diana.  That in the not too distant future, Diana will be able to figure out that Kelly was killed by Juliette.  I think that is why Juliette wants to stay far away from Diana.

I'm not sure about Diana killing Juliette, though I am starting to think that Juliette/Eve will somehow sacrifice herself at the end to save everyone as a means of making amends. The fact that we've now had two flashback scenes to Kelly's head in a box in back-to-back episodes leads me to believe that a reckoning is coming, that Juliette/Eve feels the guilt and will do something to atone.

• Love 2

Okay, you're standing there looking into a mirror.  You see two eyes begin to glow.  Wouldn't any "normal" person start backing up?  Or would you seriously lean in for a closer look?  I get so irritated behind stupid stuff like this.  

I didn't really care about the Frankenstein stuff one way or the other.  I guess they feel that have to have a WOW or something.  But I do want them to start tying up all these loose ends for crying out loud!  

At least Nick recalled that Juliette/Eve as responsible for his mother's death.  He acts like it was no big deal.  I can't believe I used to love Grimm.

BTW, even in the picture on Renard's desk Dianna looks like a weird kid.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rove4 said:

I'm not sure about Diana killing Juliette, though I am starting to think that Juliette/Eve will somehow sacrifice herself at the end to save everyone as a means of making amends

I can definitely see this happening.  Although, I'm now imagining how that death scene will play out (for those of you that has seen the Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, I'm sort of thinking Paul Reuben's 10 minute hilariously drawn-out death scene) and I'm thinking it will be...well, as good as BT can be.

I really liked the case of the week part of the episode, with Hank and Wu working together to solve it, just the two of them.  They make a good pair and can carry their scenes without Nick there.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Dobian said:

I really liked the case of the week part of the episode, with Hank and Wu working together to solve it, just the two of them.  They make a good pair and can carry their scenes without Nick there.

This.  This is my main issue with how Grimm has trashed their lead character beginning with his rape, rape baby, sleeping with his rapist and all of the Juliette/Eve and Diana crap.  I always enjoyed Nick/Hank and Nick/Monroe interactions.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Darklazr said:

At this point, all this woman wants is some sexy "pants" eye candy that can act.  

You're much more likely to get it than I am.  Coffee and Turner are cute, but I wouldn't call Turner "sexy pants eye candy" and Adalind is so far from that as 

to be in another galaxy.  At least you get Renard and (occasional) Meisner...

On 2/26/2017 at 0:38 AM, coppersin said:

-Renard told his contact that Diana copied the symbols from a tunnel, and she later tells him that this means Diana is directly involved. I mean, Diana obviously is, but the woman didn't know that. Wouldn't it make more sense to tell him, "This stuff is probably very dangerous, tell your little kid to stop copying graffiti"?

I took her reaction to imply that she knows that not just anybody can see the stuff. Diana and Juliette saw what was in the tunnel, but wasn't there a thing where other people couldn't see it? Hence why they had Diana draw it. That's why I think the woman would know it meant Diana was directly involved, or else she shouldn't be able to see it.

On 2/27/2017 at 9:46 AM, Evagirl said:

Okay, you're standing there looking into a mirror.  You see two eyes begin to glow.  Wouldn't any "normal" person start backing up?  Or would you seriously lean in for a closer look?  

I agree with you about what a normal reaction is, however I unfortunately find Juliette's reaction completely in character for her.

On ‎02‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:31 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Also, the way they took Nick out of the picture was lame.  Basically, he spent the entire episode at Eve's beside and mooning over her (and remembering the good times.  Like when she killed his aunt.  And almost killed him!)  

I didn't interpret that as Nick mooning over Juliette/Eve.  They were together for quite some time before she turned evil hexenbeist, and he does have a strong connection to her.  So yeah, he's going to be concerned, and yeah, he's going to think about the various points in their relationship, good and bad; I'd think less of Nick as a person if he didn't.  I expect some sort of resolution to their interaction, but I don't think they'll be together at the end, if they're even still alive.

• Love 2

It is just so bizarre that everyone is hanging out with Eve/Juliette like it's normal. She tried to kill at least two of them, then got kidnapped and brainwashed into being some kind of robotic assassin. Who is she now? The stick seemed to have have some sort of effect on her but to what extent? She tried unsuccessfully to woge afterwards but then managed to do it in this episode. So is she still a Hexenbiest or not? Is she still Eve or is she back to being Juliette? Why isn't anyone asking her these questions? Instead they're inviting her to weekend birthday bashes and to stay overnight at their place like everything is back to normal.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It is just so bizarre that everyone is hanging out with Eve/Juliette like it's normal. She tried to kill at least two of them, then got kidnapped and brainwashed into being some kind of robotic assassin. Who is she now? The stick seemed to have have some sort of effect on her but to what extent? She tried unsuccessfully to woge afterwards but then managed to do it in this episode. So is she still a Hexenbiest or not? Is she still Eve or is she back to being Juliette? Why isn't anyone asking her these questions? Instead they're inviting her to weekend birthday bashes and to stay overnight at their place like everything is back to normal.

Your post shows what is wrong with Grimm and the writers clearly don't give AF to even fix their mess.   Nick and Renard came to blows over what happened with Marie in s1 and the Scooby gang act like Juliette/Eve and Adalind poop don't stink!

• Love 1

My two cents on this episode...

I believe it was splendid.  Maybe not the best, but I liked the change of pace with the Hank/Wu pairing, less Juliette/Nick, less Monroe/Rosalee, and a hybrid Wesen to boot.

I had the same reaction as Hank and Wu when they were viewing the video of that doctor's son.  Wow, talk about some scary stuff!  The writers are really turning it up a notch for this final season.

I could tell that Monroe was dreaming, simply because of the way he kept staring at Rosalee when delivering the babes, kinda just tossing one on the side after another, LOL!

Oh, and it was lovely seeing Vik Sahay, even though his character was brutally murdered.  I believe he has had minor guest appearances ever since Chuck.  I'm sad to see that nobody on here had mentioned the actor from what I can tell...

Did that doctor actually say to security that she was in the ‘Science department’? Really, show?

Juliette/Eve wasn’t even in that shop one night and crap happened.

Hank and Wu on the case was great. The cremation discussion was hilarious.

Hey that was George ‘Voice of Superman when Tim Daly isn’t available’ Newbern as Julien Levy. Nice.

They really should’ve let Juliette die the tragic death. That whole resurrection and brain conditioning thing just never worked.  Not really sure what the point of her being in a coma with Nick at her bedside was supposed to be. Would’ve been more interesting if we were shown Juliette and Eve battling inside her mind for supremacy with her waking up fully integrated or with one side winning out.

• Love 1

The worst part of the Frankenstein stuff was the poor limb attachment those doctors did.  Really - you only sew about one stitch every inch along the shoulder line?  

Eve seems to be totally gone, Juliet's speech mannerisms were totally back after she woke up on the hospital. 

I like the WOW. The stuff like the stick,  Diana, GW, BC bore me silly. 

13 hours ago, lora said:

This doesn't make sense. In earlier episodes when Nick was still with Juliette  and when she was injured, in a coma or running, Nick would check on her repeatedly but would not leave whatever case he's working on. Now they are not together and he would spend a whole day sitting next to her bed in the hospital, even though her condition is not that dangerous.

No one was interested in killing Juliette but Adalind in s1 and then she became a hexenbiest that worked for HW.