Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: It’s Been a Hell of a Ride

I realize the final scene with the twins showed some escalation; but when I read the above description, my immediate reaction was, "Um... Replace 'Cade' with 'Sirens' and wasn't this essentially the plot of the first half of this season?"

I was trying to figure out who was dumber this episode Damon, Stefan or Rick.  It's a good thing Bonnie and Caroline were there to save their asses.

Please let the return of Katherine Pierce live up to expectations.

Caroline really had the the nerve to tell Rick they needed to be better parents? Rick's been parenting those girls solo since she decided Stefan was more important to her than raising the kids and being a mother. 

So is Rick going to put out an advertisement promoting his daycare for supernatural kids? I guess that job change is probably why he shows up on The Originals. Recruiting Klaus's daughter for school? lol

Kai is the best, I loved his karaoke and he's always the winner of every episode. He and Katherine together I'd love. 

How did human Stefan end up in the in-between world? Then back alive? He's human! Then he wakes up faster than Bonnie?

• Love 5

Kareoke for eternity? I almost feel sorry of Kai.........almost. (but going off topic for a second it was kinda cool to see that Chris Wood can sing pretty well. Hopefully we'll be hearing him again in the Flash/Supergirl crossover musical next month.)

"Eat me, Cade!!" I wanna see the outtakes from that shot. There's no way Ian said that without cracking up.......

Katherine!!! The last episodes won't be boring now.....

BTW, is Steven coming back for the finale? I'd really hate it if there wasn't a Elena/Jeremy reunion........

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Caroline really had the the nerve to tell Rick they needed to be better parents? Rick's been parenting those girls solo since she decided Stefan was more important to her than raising the kids and being a mother.

So is Rick going to put out an advertisement promoting his daycare for supernatural kids? I guess that job change is probably why he shows up on The Originals. Recruiting Klaus's daughter for school? lol

Kai is the best, I loved his karaoke and he's always the winner of every episode. He and Katherine together I'd love.

How did human Stefan end up in the in-between world? Then back alive? He's human! Then he wakes up faster than Bonnie?

Stefan wasn't in the in between world... Cade was outside in the real world but also in the in between world... that's why when Bonnie ran up she had to like concentrate for a minute to jump herself into the in between. It's also what gave Stefen a leg up in attacking Cade because he was distracted with Damon and Bonnie in the in between.

I'm glad Cade is gone, but really, aside from Katherine being a 'bitch' how does she get to take over hell? is she eating souls now? She's not a witch or a psychic or anything like Cade.  Boring... I know they want to make use of bringing the actress back (Though I suspect this episode will just be the backs of heads and we won't actually see her until the finale..) but she's a pretty sudden big bad. I guess it ties things back to the first season, but still... not that excited by it.

I don't think Caroline abandoned the girls, not until Ric decided he wanted to 'take them away' which lasted like two episodes... otherwise they had been getting to know Stefan and about the wedding and their room at Stefan's house etc.

• Love 2

Yes! Say her name!

Kai is the best. Every scene with him was gold, even his off-key Karaoke was fun. I could have done without the twin drama, I'm so indifferent to them the only reason I was worried Kai was trying to kill them is because, well, they're KIDS. They barely register to me as characters.

The Bonnie/Kai reunion scene did not meet my expectations, no where near enough flirting, and it was too short, but Bonnie creating a prison world for Kai where Two Princes (I hated that song for years) plays on an infinite loop is pretty bad ass. I'd feel bad for Kai, but then I remember the guy likes murdering children and then I'm okay with his fate.

All that said, I feel like Bonnie was marginalized this episode. She more or less saved the day, yet she was hardly in the episode.

Kind of hate the show merely implied Kai and Katherine being in cahoots. That's the kind of stuff that needs to be on my screen, not Stefan and Caroline getting re-engaged for the hundredth time.

Give me Kathrine Pierce!

• Love 6

Another "the show forgets a character has powers so the plot can continue" episode with a dash of "Bond Villain Stupidity" thrown in. Cade should have been able to read Stefan's entire plan and stopped him the second he showed up, then of course Cade leaves his "the ONLY thing that can kill me" weapon behind stabbed into Elena's coffin for no apparent reason. They should've had Bonnie be the one to kill Cade as well as have her be the one executing Stefan's plan since it's already been established Cade can't read her mind, but then the writers stopped caring about anything making sense a LONG time ago. At least the writers had the brains to arrange things so that Kai going after the girls coincided with Alaric ringing the bell so there was an actual reason why Alaric stopped, but too little too late.

Kai is total moron. I would have handed over Elena's coffin to Cade and got out of town the second I had the chance once whatever deal I made with Cade was complete, but instead he just sticks around so he can screw with the mains, which surprise! leads to the mains screwing him over and trapping him.

I would've gone with that witch who created the other side to trap supernaturals in eternal torment (I can't even remember her name anymore) over Kathrine Pierce as the most evil evil that ever eviled, but meh.

• Love 3

Another "the show forgets a character has powers so the plot can continue" episode with a dash of "Bond Villain Stupidity" thrown in. Cade should have been able to read Stefan's entire plan and stopped him the second he showed up, then of course Cade leaves his "the ONLY thing that can kill me" weapon behind stabbed into Elena's coffin for no apparent reason.

And as if that freakin' bell storyline couldn't get any more stupid: hey, Rick, you're in the middle of killing the devil, maybe wait a few more seconds to answer your damn phone?

It's lucky the series is coming to an end, because if the current writers kept going with where they've taken the characters the show's title would have to change next season to The Blithering Idiot Diaries.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bobbyjoe said:

And as if that freakin' bell storyline couldn't get any more stupid: hey, Rick, you're in the middle of killing the devil, maybe wait a few more seconds to answer your damn phone?

I know! And he didn't even bring it up again after he stopped, he just went right into "I think I'll build a school"

I can't believe they're bringing back Katherine for 2 episodes, what is the point? They should be wrapping up storylines, not creating brand new ones.

So Alaric and Caroline are starting their own Hogwarts? And how are they going to find other magical siphoning kids? Is this going to be like the last season of Buffy where they are searching the world for these kids and then shipping them to the Armory? If Alaric and Caroline can't get their own two kids to stop acting out with magic, how in the hell are they going to control an entire school of magical kids? Didn't Kai say that being around all the artifacts and mystical stuff at the Armory was a factor in the girls acting up? But Alaric thinks they should have the school right there? That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I love Kai. He is such a magnificent little motherfucker. I also love that Bonnie knew the perfect hell to create for him. He has my sympathies because I, too, hate "Two Princes." Related story: a few years ago, I was at a hotel in Reno and there were people milling about the lobby. Some girl ran up to some guy and yelled, "You're the guy from the Spin Doctors!" Yes, she was drunk, but yes, it really was one of the guys from the Spin Doctors (I checked and they had just played a show that night).

When Kai and Bonnie were describing the new devil as the Scariest Big Bad Ever, I was like who the hell are they talking about? I honestly had no idea because who the hell is worse than Cade and wants to make everyone suffer? Katherine was a lot of things, but she usually wasn't mean or evil just to be mean or evil. The show went out of its way to tell us that Katherine was the victim, always striking deals and doing what she had to survive ("better you than I"), constantly on the run from Klaus and Elijah. She's a bitch on wheels, but now she's worse than Cade, the devil who forced Seline, Sybil, Enzo, Damon, and Stefan to kill people in order to torment the souls? That seems a bit of a stretch.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 9

I think, considering the heavyweights who would be in hell, it is a biiiig stretch that human Katherine runs the show. But for the Finale of the entire Series, it makes more sense to use such an iconic character who has been deeply entwined in the mythology of it all. Better than "surely you heard the legend of Arkadius?" And everyone goes "who?"  

So I`m happy they dealt with the Cade at this point and we`ll go back to the roots of the show.

Also liked Damon`s "we are toast" at the end.

Liked the convo between the brothers. And Bonnie taking revenge on Kai. I like Kai as a character, he is great fun but he made his bed. 

Alaric and Caroline running a magic school? Well, I`ve heard weirder stuff. Not much but some. 

• Love 1

Well thank goodness those two crazy kids are gonna get married! I am always saying my vampire shows need more weddings... and babies/kids.....

I have watched a lot of bad tv but this show has crossed two lines making it easier to say "bon voyage TVD"!

First they they barely seem to give a thought to continuity or cannon, to the point I spend half the episode shaking my head or rolling my eyes. Plot points dropped or forgotten, characters acting totally out of character, etc.   Secondly, with exception of Bonnie Bennett, they're all the biggest bunch of self involved dicks to ever dick around Mystic Falls!  My empathy level is so low I have no horse in the race with how anything ends.  Although I do kinda wish the ultimate big bad (new one every year!)  would come in and be like, "Redemption? You fools are crazy... you're all a bunch of a-holes going straight to hell.  Have you guys watch this show for the last 8 years? Geez".

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, doram said:

Er... Bonnie isn't much better, IMO. She might not be self-involved but she definitely enables her self-involved friends.  On an intellectual level, I understand that this show, which has  never been great with representation, is writing her with all the usual Black Girl beats - Sassy Black Best Friend, literal Magical Negro - but on an emotional level, she just disgusts me at this point. 

Fair points.... she definitely is an enabler. 

• Love 1

I'm so over Stefan/Caroline. I find myself hoping Stefan bites it just so I don't have to roll my eyes whenever they're on screen together or talking to others about each other. And given the crap they get themselves into, no way Stefan lives to be an old man. LOL, show.

• Love 2

Elena has sacrificed way more than Bonnie and is way more selfless than Bonnie.Here are a few examples

Elena giving up seeing Damon for the rest of eternity so she doesn't hurt innocent people.

Elena gets Alaric to compel away all her good memories of Damon so she doesn't put people in danger.

Elena goes with klaus to save all her loved ones from getting hurt..

Elena has suffered more grief than anyone on the show and still manages to stay compassionate and loving.

Elena literally lost her ENTIRE family but doesn't want to bring back every spn creature bc it wouldn't be safe.

Elena giving herself over to the hybrids to save Caroline.

Elena actually feels guilty for being happy.

Elena literally puts everyone's life above her own.

Elena ended Katherine Pierce which ultimately led to her death.

Elena decides not to take the cure because it wouldn't be right when everyone deserves it as much as she does

Elena sacrificing 60 years of her life so Bonnie can live hers.

Wes is a killer, but Elena doesn't want him to die because he's the only family Aaron has left

Elena along with Damon sacrifice themselves to bring back their loved ones.

Elena wants to trade herself in exchange for the hostages

Elena hatching up a plan to bring Bonnie back

Elena resist Silas' mind control to kill Damon

Elena jumps over fire to save Damon

Elena chooses Matt's life over her own and dies

Caroline compels Liam to kill Sarah and Elena stops him and saves her.

Elena reasons with Lexi's boyfriend and stops him from killing Damon.

. Elena always wants to help people because she identifies with their grief and loss

Elena has Damon compel Jeremy to leave to keep him safe even tho it'll mean she'd have no more family with her

She was too afraid to let herself be happy bc there was so much sadness in her life.

Goes into a house full of vengeful vampires to save stefan.

Elena always sees the best in everyone and encourages others to do the same.

Elena doesn't want the cure if it means stripping Jeremy of his humanity...

Elena about to lose the love of her live for 60 + years but holding it together for Damon and staying positive

And so much more...

Hell wasn't destroyed along with Cade so does this mean we're going to have to see other past villains? Honestly, please don't, show.

I was SO ANNOYED with Alaric. Even if you don't like Stefan and Damon today, you know why you were asked to ring that damn bell and you agreed to do it. Yes, the twins were in trouble, but the extra five or ten seconds it would have taken to FINISH RINGING THE DAMN BELL would not be the difference between saving them and letting them die.

• Love 1

Elena sacrificing 60 years of her life so Bonnie can live hers.

Elena about to lose the love of her live for 60 + years but holding it together for Damon and staying positive

Imaneassi, you have some good points above, but these two are wrong.  Elena is not "sacrificing" her life.  She is in suspended animation and will exit the coffin the same age as she entered it.  The sacrifice she made is not seeing Bonnie again.

I enjoyed the bro-hug.  It was longer than expected.

6 hours ago, Proteus said:

I don't understand Caroline and Stefans plight. Why is it never even brought up that she can become human too and they can live a normal life together?

Because she can't and they can't. If Caroline takes The Cure from Stefan, he dies almost immediately of old age.

3 hours ago, prospazzinator said:

I'm so over Stefan/Caroline. I find myself hoping Stefan bites it just so I don't have to roll my eyes whenever they're on screen together or talking to others about each other. And given the crap they get themselves into, no way Stefan lives to be an old man. LOL, show.

So much THIS! Stefan has been human for about a week and has already almost died like 4 times.

I LOL at Mr Saltzman's Home for Peculiar Children.....I mean this could be a whole spin-off in itself.

I have always thought all the the actors on this show were well matched, but CW blew them all away in this episode.  Kai made the show this week. I have always liked Klaus as a villain b/c he could make you dislike him and feel sorry for him all in one day, Kai is the same. He is a great villain. He was so creepy dragging that medieval hatchet around. I LOL at his new prison world, I mean how evil can Katherine really be when Kai has been in 3 prison worlds.

I found the whole Damon and Stefan saving Elena's coffin so contrived. Stefan is human, why exactly did Damon think he was the best choice to help him get the coffin back? I'm a big Damon fan but Bonnie and Cade fighting over Damon's soul of all people had me RME.

Other than Damon Caroline is the strongest of the group now why is she always stuck wringing her hands over Stefan? She could be much more help.

People always try to say Damon never grows but a couple of years ago he would have had no problem sacrificing his brother for Elena and himself to have their time. The plot was transparent so I knew he would choose himself to die over Stefan, but it does show he has grown.

I'll be interested in what they do with Katherine trying to stop Stefan's wedding.

• Love 4

Can someone explain where the magical dagger that can kill Cade came from? I swear I don't remember anything being said about it prior to this episode. But all of a sudden Kai has it out of nowhere? How did he know about it? I'm very confused.

So Bonnie's personal dimension has only 1 occupant. What kind of person gets to go there after death?

I assume the people she loves. Which would actually be fitting for this show. The group always had a tribal mentality so if they had a little afterlife clubhouse to hang out for all eternity, I would consider that hilariously funny.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Proteus said:

I don't understand Caroline and Stefans plight. Why is it never even brought up that she can become human too and they can live a normal life together?

There was only one dose of the cure, & Stefan got it.

1 hour ago, GaT said:

3 hours ago, PinkRibbons said:

Because she can't and they can't. If Caroline takes The Cure from Stefan, he dies almost immediately of old age.

But when Bonnie and Damon were planning before Enzos death to transfer the cure from person to person, it didn't seem to be an issue.

7 minutes ago, Proteus said:

But when Bonnie and Damon were planning before Enzos death to transfer the cure from person to person, it didn't seem to be an issue.

Because they were planning to transfer it from Elena who wouldn't die from old age to Cade ,kill cade ,and Damon taking the cure from Cade, till Bonnie screwedf them over taking it for Enzo and wasting it on Stefan

16 minutes ago, Proteus said:

If the cure is taken from Stefan, he'd age rapidly like Katherine did. Elena was only a vampire for a couple years, so she'd age like 2 years and won't die.  That's why they could take the cure from her and give it to 1 person.

Damon wanted it, but was waiting for Elena to wake up. Bonnie wanted it for Enzo. Then they planned to give it to Cade, just to humanize him and they don't care if he aged rapidly, they wanted that. So then they'd take back the cure from him and have it again.

However, now that it's in Stefan. They can't take it out of him like they could Elena.

I think with Bonnie and Enzo their plan was always to live out Bonnie's lifetime as humans and hand Damon the cure when Bonnie died (hopefully around the same time as Enzo, or Damon could end up 20 years older than Elena when she wakes up, at best, if Enzo predeceased Bonnie by many years and had to give up the cure to him sooner).

I honestly keep waiting for the cure to wear off from Stefan. I mean he got so very little of it compared to Silas. I'd like for it to end up being a temporary thing, and that the bulk of the cure is still in Elena. Then again I want a happy ending for Stefan and Caroline, and I do think they'd be happier together as vampires.

Something occurred to me about Katherine -- she won't come back as a vampire (she was human when she died and anyway even though Kai wasn't, he didn't come back a vampire either) so all she's got to work with aside from her cunning brain is some Traveler magic that she was never very in touch with. Then again, this is Katherine we're talking about...

• Love 1

It annoys me that after 2 episodes of Bonnie ignoring Caroline's phone calls, when they finally speak its off screen.

Stefan should feel guilty about killing Enzo, but at the same time everytime they focus on that I keep getting angry about how little the show seems to care about Damon killing Tyler.

Overall, I thought this episode was one of the better ones of this season.

• Love 2

I honestly keep waiting for the cure to wear off from Stefan. I mean he got so very little of it compared to Silas.

I keep expecting it to wear off purely because the guy has lost  litres of blood these last few days as a human.

omething occurred to me about Katherine -- she won't come back as a vampire (she was human when she died and anyway even though Kai wasn't,

Kai came back as a Heretic which means he was part vampire. Katherine died as a human/traveler and i'm pretty sure the traveler aspect will not be forgotten when she returns.

6 hours ago, Moxie Cat said:

Can someone explain where the magical dagger that can kill Cade came from? I swear I don't remember anything being said about it prior to this episode. But all of a sudden Kai has it out of nowhere? How did he know about it? I'm very confused.

The dagger was forged from Cade's ashes when he died. Itended up in the cave room in the Armory and Damon and Ric had it. Kai stole it from Damon at the end of the last episode.

The "Hello Clarice" was just the bestest.

9 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was SO ANNOYED with Alaric. Even if you don't like Stefan and Damon today, you know why you were asked to ring that damn bell and you agreed to do it. Yes, the twins were in trouble, but the extra five or ten seconds it would have taken to FINISH RINGING THE DAMN BELL would not be the difference between saving them and letting them die.

THIS!

I mean I get that people need to be surgically removed from their phones these days but really? In the middle of a "let's kill the devil" plan. I think checking your phone could wait a few more seconds Ric.

12 hours ago, GraceAnne said:

Well thank goodness those two crazy kids are gonna get married! I am always saying my vampire shows need more weddings... and babies/kids....

Too funny.

12 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think, considering the heavyweights who would be in hell, it is a biiiig stretch that human Katherine runs the show. But for the Finale of the entire Series, it makes more sense to use such an iconic character who has been deeply entwined in the mythology of it all. Better than "surely you heard the legend of Arkadius?" And everyone goes "who?"  

Yeah, I'm torn because if Katherine was meant to be the final big bad then I get it but I wish we could have had more of that than we are likely to get because of casting issues :) BUT she is/was a traveler so there were ways and means of getting around that problem and Kat was an awesome antagonist even if I hated her like I hate Kai because yeah Cade who? At least Katherine and Kai were credible villains with a certain amount of charisma. However, with Nina returning for a limited amount of time I want the lions' share of her appearance to be as Elena. Katherine has already had way too much time devoted her in the past and she already had her swansong x2.

Ahh Damon. How I love you so. Every scene with him was just pure gold. Who knew that he would rather die than watch either Stefan and Elena die? I know...ME because he is Damon. He was just all kinds of awesome in this one and I loved him far more than I loved him last week when he was being a brainless idiot.  I loved his talk about lists again just as loved his pep talk to Stefan about it being braver to stay rather than walk away...he has learned so much.

Stefan was awesome too mostly. I don't like that he keeps vervaining Damon every 5 mins but other than that he was great. "I bet you didn't see that coming" was fab.

The twins are the quintessential plot device of ruining Alaric and Caroline (and supernatural shows in general). Just why show, why? Clearly they will be useful in a deus ex machina way but I just don't care despite how cute they are.

What happened to Dorian? is he done now? 

Go Bonnie, if nothing else she gets to lock Kai up forever in a PW complete with Karaoke on a loop....I hope.

Overall, I enjoyed this one despite the mythology leaps but honestly this show plays fast and loose all the time so I just let it roll over me mostly. I'm more interested in the character driven stuff and this one had lots of that for the main characters so i'm good.

Edited by miss-vanilla
  • Love 2

This stupid show. I guess we couldn't end it all without yet another episode where Damon and Stefan compete to die to solve a problem they created and could actually survive if they stopped racing to sacrifice themselves for each other. And my god, the Elena worship. Even Cade had to take a moment to talk about her beautiful soul. 

Also, I'm gonna need to see the order of succession in hell because Katherine being next in line makes no sense. 

• Love 4

Ugh, Katherine?  Now I'm in hell :(

11 hours ago, Goldmoon said:

Imaneassi, you have some good points above, but these two are wrong.  Elena is not "sacrificing" her life.  She is in suspended animation and will exit the coffin the same age as she entered it.  The sacrifice she made is not seeing Bonnie again.

She's not exactly sacrificing anything, she's under a spell, she has no choice in her suspended animation state.

6 hours ago, Artsda said:

However, now that it's in Stefan. They can't take it out of him like they could Elena.

Why can't they just take another vial of blood from Elena? 

9 hours ago, tricknasty said:

"Hello Clarice", had me rolling.

It had me rolling too...rolling my eyes, that is!  I wish one of the characters just once would have said to him "You know, you're not as funny as you think you are."  What happened to the actor who plays him?  Did he gain some weight?  I always thought he was pretty dweeby looking, but I must say, this season he's pretty hot.

8 hours ago, GaT said:

But again, why only one?  It's in Elena's blood, just take a little more.

16 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Katherine was a lot of things, but she usually wasn't mean or evil just to be mean or evil.

Sure she was.  Survival had nothing to do with her compelling Jenna to stab herself in the stomach, she was butt hurt because the boy she liked liked someone else better & wasn't obeyed when she ordered them to break up.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

But again, why only one?  It's in Elena's blood, just take a little more.

Because apparently that little amount of blood that Boonie took from Elena contained the whole cure, but Stefan doing an impression of a human colander does NOT mean he's lost the cure. Go figure?? hey I'm past making sense of this cure thing and I think we are just meant to go with it....so i'm just going with it. you coming?

• Love 3

I think it would be hilarious if Katherine manipulated all the evil villains in hell in order to put herself on top because if Katherine is going to spend an eternity in hell, SHE is the one who is going to be in charge.  As a human girl, Katherine outwitted Klaus, Elijah, Rose, etc.  It makes perfect sense for Katherine to continue to play the game to win even when she is in hell.

I think Damon asked Stefan for help with Cade out of habit, and because he knew Stefan would want to save Elena.  I fully expected both Damon and Stefan to be able to survive maybe one month as a human.  They are to used to having supernatural powers, and they get themselves into way to many idiotic situations to not end up dead dead as humans.

26 minutes ago, miss-vanilla said:

hey I'm past making sense of this cure thing and I think we are just meant to go with it....so i'm just going with it. you coming?

I guess we have to if we're following this to the bitter end :)

2 hours ago, ByTor said:

What happened to the actor who plays him?  Did he gain some weight?  I always thought he was pretty dweeby looking, but I must say, this season he's pretty hot.

Chris Wood has been spruced up to play the romantic lead on Supergirl this year. He's far more entertaining as Kai, though. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

I guess we have to if we're following this to the bitter end :)

I just go with the assumption that it's magic, since vampires being made was magic etc... so the cure isn't about the volume of blood or how much you take (even if Silas was all "I have to drink it all!") but more the cure is in the blood, but once it's been given to another vampire, it cures that vampire and the magic of the cure has left the previous former vampire- that's why the magic of not aging out your years is linked to the cure being taken by someone else.

So Bonnie could have drawn a ton of vials from Elena, but once one vial was given to someone else, the magic of the cure is gone from the other vials of blood and her body.

Which, if that's how things work, I suppose that means they could take some of Stefan's blood and not have to use it right away... like if he dies before there is someone ready to take the cure.

But you know, TV... so the writers will do whatever they want, even if it doesn't make sense.

• Love 1

Eh, it's the same old shtick.  Stefan and Damon get into a jam, Bonnie bails them out, they kill the bad guy, Elena escapes death for the umpteenth time, Caroline and Stefan get their happy ending (so far), Katherine will cause trouble but be stopped dues ex machina, etc.

While I'm saddened that it's coming to an end, I think it's for the best.  I just hope these last two episodes are going to be phenomenal.

At least Katherine and Kai were credible villains with a certain amount of charisma. However, with Nina returning for a limited amount of time I want the lions' share of her appearance to be as Elena. Katherine has already had way too much time devoted her in the past and she already had her swansong x2.

Yes, I don`t want too much on Katherine either. And I buy the revenge part but I thought the character was nearly ruined by that OOC obsession with Stefan in Season 5 - Katherine would have put herself first before any crush, urgh - so I do hope they are not bringing this version of a psychotic crushing teengirl back. 

As for taking over hell, Katherine`s main tools were subterfuge, manipulation and seduction. I still don`t buy that this would work on some surefire denizens of hell but what is harder to suspend my disbelief on is: when did she have time to do all this networking and legwork? Was hell ever actuall HELL at anytime for those people? Did it have office hours - "report for your regularly scheduled suffering from 9 - 5, the rest of the day and weekends are off". 

Kai for one looked a lot more scared when he caught on to being in a new prison world than when he initially thought he was back in hell. So, the Sirens greatly oversold/ falsely advertised hell then, yes? The actual place is kinda like... eh.  

• Love 1

I loved this episode, Stefan, Bonnie, and Damon teaming up for once was pleasant, though I still wish this show would settle something in fist fight for once. I mean we couldn't have Stefan grab him while Bonnie just obliterates Cade instead of the dagger. I hate the magical weapon that happens every season. Besides that and Kai and Stefan acting like they've ever met before, excellent episode.  

I'll excuse the plot holes of Katherine taking over Hell when Hells a fiery pit and Kai having to siphon the wall when he's a Heretic. 

15 hours ago, miss-vanilla said:

Kai came back as a Heretic which means he was part vampire.

Nope. A Heretic was a siphoner-witch who turned into a vampire, and therefore could siphon the magic making them vampires, essentially giving them all the powers of a regular witch. If Kai had come back a Heretic he would have had no need to siphon anyone or anything, he'd have had magic at his fingertips at all times.

(Did anyone actually call Kai a heretic in the last couple of episodes?)

Kai was sucking blood out of people in the episode before this one so apparently, he's still a vampire. Which yeah, he shouldn't need to siphon to do magic. Maybe his vampire form wasn't providing enough juice to do the magic he wanted? That explanation will work for me. I'll fanwank the hell out of this if I have to, only two episodes to go!

The latest plot holes with Kai and Katherine don't surprise me.  For years, this show has been inconsistent about magic, supernaturals, etc.

At least Kai and Katherine were entertaining.  Although, I don't for a moment believe Katherine would have been obsessed with Stefan.

I understand Bonnie being angry with Stefan for killing Enzo, but I don't see why she would be  so desperate to save Damon.  Even if Damon hadn't killed Tyler, Damon walked away from whatever friendship Damon and Bonnie had over and over again.  I think both Bonnie and Elena have been way to understanding and compassionate when it comes to Damon and Stefan.  Caroline to.  Caroline has a million reasons to not want to have anything to do with either Damon or Stefan, Damon especially, but it constantly gets hand waved away.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, PinkRibbons said:

Nope. A Heretic was a siphoner-witch who turned into a vampire, and therefore could siphon the magic making them vampires, essentially giving them all the powers of a regular witch. If Kai had come back a Heretic he would have had no need to siphon anyone or anything, he'd have had magic at his fingertips at all times.

(Did anyone actually call Kai a heretic in the last couple of episodes?)

Kai called himself a Heretic last episode... initially he had to focus to siphon his own magic when he was between worlds, but since Cade made him a real boy (at least that's what it sounded like their deal was) he should have been back to regular power... But, the armory had to have some magical stuff making their prisons more secure so I would buy that Kai needed some super charge to escape- or he needed to break the magic that was keeping him in the cell.