Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: It’s Been a Hell of a Ride

5 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Yes, I don`t want too much on Katherine either. And I buy the revenge part but I thought the character was nearly ruined by that OOC obsession with Stefan in Season 5 - Katherine would have put herself first before any crush, urgh - so I do hope they are not bringing this version of a psychotic crushing teengirl back. 

Well the gang are putting all their hopes on Katherine still being an obsessive Stefan fangirl (according to the promo) for their next plan to work.  I do not want to see this version of her again.

1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

I understand Bonnie being angry with Stefan for killing Enzo, but I don't see why she would be  so desperate to save Damon.  Even if Damon hadn't killed Tyler, Damon walked away from whatever friendship Damon and Bonnie had over and over again.

I think we have be shown exactly why Bonnie would desperately want to save Damon. He literally put everything on the line to save her life in the final run of season 7 episodes. Not to mention that he saved her life in 6x22.

1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

I think both Bonnie and Elena have been way to understanding and compassionate when it comes to Damon and Stefan.  Caroline to.  Caroline has a million reasons to not want to have anything to do with either Damon or Stefan, Damon especially, but it constantly gets hand waved away.

This is pretty much the whole show in a nutshell lol.

Add Matt to the list of people that shouldn't ever want to be around Damon and Stefan. This is part of the reason why I was rolling my eyes at Matt  guilting Caroline about being a vampire, a few episodes ago. A couple of episodes prior to that Matt had a "nice" moment with Damon at the end of the episode. The fact that he can guilt Caroline for her being a vampire and being with Stefan, yet had a bonding moment with his best friend's killer makes no sense.    

Edited by betweenthebanter

Elena's also had no issues with the fact Damon tried to kill Matt more than once, heck even in her brother. Who loves the person who tries to kill your brother? Elena's apologetic ignorance of Damon all while they try and pretend like she's the bestest friend and family member ever is why I can't tolerate that relationship.

• Love 2

Well the gang are putting all their hopes on Katherine still being an obsessive Stefan fangirl (according to the promo) for their next plan to work.  I do not want to see this version of her again.

Granted, this works out but it`s not like if Elena were around and she and Damon were about to get hitched or even if it was a wedding between Caroline/Alaric or Bonnie/Enzo that Katherine wouldn`t try to ruin it. Kai spelled it out and Bonnie repeated it, Kat is out for revenge and wants to make them all suffer. Destroying a happy day for anyone in the group is a good way to do it. Especially since all will be gathered in one spot and can be roped into the destruction. Kai accomplished pretty much the same thing by attacking a wedding.

Heck, any big gathering works. That`s why there was always mayhem and plotting at the period balls. 

• Love 1

i think its official, im like the last one who holds there breath when damon is about to die, it lasts a whole 0.0000005 seconds but its there!! because im like, again, what is this supernatural!! OOOOOOOOHHHH!!! LOL!!!

i had to laugh when he said "I guess the blast threw me back into my body" I was like WTF!! that has got to be the lamest explanation ever!!! is that how souls work!! inquiring minds (and people who never want to die) want to know!! LOL!! omg! i just cant get over that!! its just so damn lame!! 

talking about lame, magic school, like charmed! yeah, there was a good reason why i couldnt make it through an episode of that show!! i kinda liked this episode!! it wasnt too too bad (i watched sleepy hollow so i mean it wasnt as bad as that yikes!!!) but really i am so sick of everyone using elena against damon its just so stupid! i would like damon to be good just because he once remembered what it was like to be a good person!! stefan is back to being the guy who does awful things and then is treated like the most wonderful person ever!! (maybe by everyone but matt LOL!!) 

yes, I don`t want too much on Katherine either. And I buy the revenge part but I thought the character was nearly ruined by that OOC obsession with Stefan in Season 5 - Katherine would have put herself first before any crush,

yes! this is so true!! but everyone who is in the presence of stefan just falls in love him!! *puke* hes the absolute dreamiest LOL!!

talking about someone who is ringing my name, wtf caroline!! didnt think all that shit in the hands of 3 siphons might cause them to go haywire!! i mean, they were inside you and they ate your magic like it was a sundae!! and isnt that place an archive of magic, isnt that the point of that place?? and the people who made that place, siphons, magical items, kai super psycho wanna kill your babies!! and she agreed to allow him under the same roof, dont forget this is the same guy who murdered his entire family because they hurt his feelings!! he doesnt have a soft spot for his nieces!!

one really high note, kai's singing, omg!! that was just so much awesome!! "how did you find me, locator spell", "nope, yelp!!" that whole exchange gave me a good laugh!! omg emojis!! who says people from the 90's dont get technology!! even ones who were stuck in a prison world for over 20 years get emojis!! LOL!! 

Edited by wtfsleepyhollow
On 2/25/2017 at 5:12 AM, Proteus said:

I don't understand Caroline and Stefans plight. Why is it never even brought up that she can become human too and they can live a normal life together?

I don't fully understand the cure thing, mainly because the writers have changed what the cure is capable of doing since it was introduced...

However, I don't think the cure is the issue here... it's that Caroline would not take the cure even if she could. Remember way back in s4 when the cure was introduced and Klaus told Caroline that she likes being strong and never growing old, then she admitted that she would not take the cure.  So I don't think the plight is over availability, it is over willingness- essentially Caroline likes being a vampire- she is the only vampire on TVD or TO that seems to have a handle on it and actually made her a more likable/stronger person because of it.  I just wish that the show would address this because it would be fascinating to explore, but we don't really have enough time for that since it is ending.

• Love 1

I think the issue of whether or not Caroline would take the cure, is more complicated now than it was in Season 4. I agree that she loves being a vampire and if the choice was simply be a vampire or be human, she would chose being a vampire. However, things have changed for her since Season 4. Stefan, the twins, and everybody else that is important to her will all grow old and die someday. Plus, Caroline having gone through dealing with her mother's death might add to her not wanting to have to do that with everyone she loves. I think there are good arguments for why she wouldn't and would want to take the cure, which is why I would also love if this topic was revisited. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, betweenthebanter said:

I think the issue of whether or not Caroline would take the cure, is more complicated now than it was in Season 4. I agree that she loves being a vampire and if the choice was simply be a vampire or be human, she would chose being a vampire. However, things have changed for her since Season 4. Stefan, the twins, and everybody else that is important to her will all grow old and die someday. Plus, Caroline having gone through dealing with her mother's death might add to her not wanting to have to do that with everyone she loves. I think there are good arguments for why she wouldn't and would want to take the cure, which is why I would also love if this topic was revisited. 

Good points! It would be a much tougher choice for her now since a lot has changed. But, I just think deep down if she puts everything aside and asks herself if she wants to be human or be a vampire? She would choose vampire.  And for the twins, someone supernatural and strong needs to protect them at least until they are older. Obviously, people are going to want to hunt them down for reasons xyz, and with Alaric and Stefan both being human, Caroline's vampirism is probably the twin's only saving grace. So there are two perspectives on the twins. As for Stefan, I would hope Caroline would not throw away what she truly wants just to be with Stefan. I hate that Damon wanted to do that for Elena. It needs to be something you truly want because it will literally change your entire life.

• Love 3

The only option that we know of for taking the cure now is by taking it from Stefan. If Caroline took the cure from him (if it's still in his system after bleeding out several times recently) he would age rapidly and die within days/weeks.

I too would be interested to hear Carolines' perspective on becoming human since her circumstances have changed so much since the last time the cure was on the table even if we only get a hypothetical perspective.

• Love 1