Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I'm not sure if Teddy has his mother's or his father's eyes, but it's clear he has my thighs 😊

I'd like to see either Katy Tur or Nicholle Wallace in prime time in the hour before Rachel Maddow.  I'm sure they could fit in Chris Matthews around 2:00 am, every third Sunday.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Sorry, I love Chris Hayes so I would prefer he stay but she could definitely have Matthews slot. (pretty much anyone could have the Hardball slot --If Chris M wants to keep working, he has been doing his best work lately doing those town halls--let him do specials like that.   

I have a feeling she is going to go with doing some special things like this series she's doing with Jacob--she is really at her best on the road reporting and because she has a little guy, her afternoon slot is a good one to let her also have family time while he is so small.  

I do really like her show and I've missed her in the afternoons.

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:53 PM, car54 said:

Oh my, Katy Tur's baby is so big already!

Oh goodness thank you so much for this post as love me some Katy Tur and now Teddy!  I am so glad MSNBC is doing a good job of promoting Katy's and Jacob's series as this is something you can shoot right into my veins.  You can tell they have been friends for over 20 years and gives them the camaraderie needed to produce a great documentary.  I very much look forward to their series (and hopefully other collaborations).

• Love 3

Alex Witt had the whole weekend off so it's been easier to watch the hours she'd usually be hosting. I really like the woman filling in for her today Morgan Radford who's been filling in for others recently. I hope the channel gives her more to do because she certainly seems more then capable. Her wiki says she's been with MSNBC and NBC News since 2015. I  don't watch the NBC newscasts too often and I don't really remember seeing her that much on MSNBC previously before these last couple months. 

• Love 5

Honestly, I wish Chris Jansing would go on permanent vacation. She won't let anyone finish a sentence. She's totally unwatchable for me.

Kacie! Please go on maternity leave. Just put your feet up and relax till baby arrives.

Edited by Bluelucy
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Bluelucy said:

Kacie! Please go on maternity leave. Just put your feet up and relax till baby arrives.

They  got a camera shot of her sitting kind of sideways on MTP: Daily with her jacket open and my first thought was she looked like she's ready to pop at any minute. She was wearing an off white top under her black jacket so the lighter top really made it noticeable. I guess she and Katy decided to work for as long as they could before giving birth so their time off afterwards would be longer. It seemed like Katy and Kasie announced their pregnancies not to far apart so I was expecting them to give birth closer in terms of dates.

• Love 1

I was actually glad to see Chris Jansing get the seat for Nicolle Wallace (Nicolle is the only show I watch during the day) -- but she does seem uncomfortable in the anchor role.  I kind of felt her channeling Nicolle's style, but not quite getting there.  I am an admirer of Jansing, and she has done better as guest anchor on some other shows.  It is a hard business to be over 60 and a woman on the air (except Andrea Mitchell!), with so many young female anchors and reporters on the network.  

• Love 1
On 8/12/2019 at 7:21 PM, freddi said:

I was actually glad to see Chris Jansing get the seat for Nicolle Wallace (Nicolle is the only show I watch during the day) -- but she does seem uncomfortable in the anchor role.

Ironic you say that since, before she went national, she was an anchor on my local NBC affiliate from 1981 to 1998. Although she went by Chris Kapostasy (I believe that was her maiden name?) then.

Here's a very old video of her time there from 1983!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/15/2019 at 12:54 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Ironic you say that since, before she went national, she was an anchor on my local NBC affiliate from 1981 to 1998. Although she went by Chris Kapostasy (I believe that was her maiden name?) then.

Here's a very old video of her time there from 1983!

Thanks for the old video!  I think she looks better at age 60-plus than in 1983!

She used to be a better anchor on MSNBC, even a couple of years ago -- I think the push-push-push of the younger anchors has made her change her style to that, and it is not a good fit for her.  On Nicolle's show, I hear Chris say the same things I would expect Nicolle to say, but it just doesn't work for Chris.  I am still always glad to see her pop up.  It is clear that the channel wants the push of the younger anchors, as it keeps giving them anchor seats.  

• Love 3

Chris (Kapostasy) Jansing was actually interviewed in a story by her former coworker at WNYT back in 2012. I had heard she kept in touch with some of the old crew. Here is that video. You can see how different our local studio was from the one in that 1983 video. Since the Albany, NY market wasn't that big, the area was pretty proud when Chris made it big.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, xaxat said:

I haven't watched MTP/Daily in a long time. Glad to see Chuck has conceded to the inevitable.

That Caesar haircut wasn't did him no favors.

Oh my gosh, I haven't seen it yet.  And he won't be on today....guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to check it out.  I still can't stand him but I have a grudging respect for him finally seeing the light.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, xaxat said:

Sigh. I would edit my original post, but it appears that evidence of my poor proofreading skills will be on display forever.

Don't worry.  It won't wasn't be a problem. 😃

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I wish MSNBC would test out a show hosted by Elie Mystal. He always comes up with great commentary on the spot. They could have had him host a show like Donny Deutsch's instead of giving Donny more face time. 

• Love 2

Donnie is cancelled.    I thought this show was really bad--I think it was filmed ahead because who wants to be on cable news on Saturday nights and it showed--it always had kind of a bad pace and not much content to me.   I like Donnie as a guest but I didn't think he was a good host.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/to-absolutely-no-ones-surprise-msnbc-cancels-saturday-night-politics-with-donny-deutsch/

To reply to some posts above, I love Chris Jansing--so many of the young ones are on the campaign trail or out having babies, she is getting more time to anchor and I really enjoy her hours.

Kasie is on maternity leave, she announced it last Sunday on her show and Ehman is going to cover her show for her.   Seems fair, he just came back from family leave with his new baby.    Katie Tur said she'd be back in September so things should be back to normal soon.

Kasie said she was due "any minute" --she was still posting on Twitter yesterday so I don't think she's had her baby yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Donnie was better at hosting his show on CNBC years ago before they retooled it to the point where I quit watching. He's more acquainted with the business world so that might be why he never got much better as host of his MSNBC show where it was glaringly obvious the whole thing was prerecorded.

• Love 4

I wonder if MSNBC has approached Jonathan Capehart to host his own show. I like it when he does the occasional fill in. Maybe he's good with just doing that. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I wonder if MSNBC has approached Jonathan Capehart to host his own show. I like it when he does the occasional fill in. Maybe he's good with just doing that. 🤷‍♀️

Fixed that for ya!!!  Yes, I'd like to see more of him & he could replace Alex Witt any  time they want.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

Fixed that for ya!!!  Yes, I'd like to see more of him & he could replace Alex Witt any  time they want.

I fixed it in my post. Glad someone else complained about Alex Witt so I didn't have to. I figured I've done that enough times in this thread already.

• Love 4

I noticed yesterday outside on Today she didn't button her white coat. That's why! She's due April with a girl. Congrats to her and husband. I try never to miss her show at 10 a.m. and she did well with Peter and Dylan on Today too.

• Love 2

I just want to say shame on MSNBC for their lack of live coverage over the Thanksgiving weekend.  So many important issues not related to their usual scribe took place and they were showing reruns of previously aired shows and worse Lock Up.  This is no longer a "news" channel.

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, Chloesmom said:

I just want to say shame on MSNBC for their lack of live coverage over the Thanksgiving weekend.  So many important issues not related to their usual scribe took place and they were showing reruns of previously aired shows and worse Lock Up.  This is no longer a "news" channel.

I agree; I was very disappointed when I tuned in to see what was happening in the London terrorist attack and all I saw were reruns.  Reruns!  On a news channel.  For the love of God, you don't need your "premier" anchors.  Hand the on-air programming over to someone new - not someone we see over and over again.  Someone fresh that isn't covering the usual 24/7 news cycle stories that we have heard all week.  Weather-related stories; news stores that are not political; world news.  What a breath of fresh air that would be.  I ended up watching CNN.  It is sad what 24/7 news on cable networks has morphed into.

• Love 10
On 11/17/2019 at 10:50 AM, car54 said:

Hallie Jackson just announced she's pregnant.   Goodness, the Road Warrior women from the 2016 are taking turns this year!  

Mika announced that she will be assisting with the childbirth:)

• LOL 5

I meant to post this when I saw it earlier in Nov and completely forgot until I came across the alert to the article while cleaning out some emails...

MSNBC Adds Joshua Johnson to Anchor Ranks

Joshua Johnson, a longtime public-radio host, is joining MSNBC as an anchor, and the network is expected to release the details of the program he will lead at a later date.

Johnson is known for hosting the NPR program “1A,” and will continue to do so through December 20. The program, produced by Washington D.C.’s WAMU, is focused on issues related to the First Amendment, and is the successor to the long-running NPR program, “The Diane Rehm Show.” His new MSNBC program is poised to start in 2020.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

I wish he'd take over for Alex Twit...err...Witt.

Has there been no information regarding what show he will anchor?  Weekend or weekday?  Here are my nominations for people he could replace:  Alex Witt, Chuck Todd and maybe Chris Matthews.  Or a weekend show that is not a rerun.

• Love 5

Re the reruns over Thanksgiving weekend--seems short-sighted on the network's part if only from a business point of view. They're not wrong that the audience looking for news will be 75% smaller on a holiday weekend, they're right! (I myself had no desire to turn to the channel over those four days, and I bet I'm typical.) And they're not wrong that running the operation, even with substitute anchors, is going to be unprofitable--it will be! But the people who did turn to the channel looking for news over those four days? They're your core audience, MSNBC. Your "heavy users," as they say in marketing. Your most loyal audience, who will be here years from now, looking somewhere for news, no matter who is president. You disrespect them foolishly.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

Re the reruns over Thanksgiving weekend--seems short-sighted on the network's part if only from a business point of view. They're not wrong that the audience looking for news will be 75% smaller on a holiday weekend, they're right! (I myself had no desire to turn to the channel over those four days, and I bet I'm typical.) And they're not wrong that running the operation, even with substitute anchors, is going to be unprofitable--it will be! But the people who did turn to the channel looking for news over those four days? They're your core audience, MSNBC. Your "heavy users," as they say in marketing. Your most loyal audience, who will be here years from now, looking somewhere for news, no matter who is president. You disrespect them foolishly.

Well...yea and nay.  We certainly don't watch MSNBC only. We switch back and forth, CNN to MSNBC.   But it would've made smart sense to use a potential slow news day to introduce new hires (like Joshua Johnson) to viewers.

• Love 2
On 12/1/2019 at 6:45 PM, Ohwell said:

I wish he'd take over for Alex Twit...err...Witt.

Lordy, how I wish they'd get rid of the Twit.   She is insufferable.  Unlistenable.   And her vocal intonation is laughable.    Mr. Rain does the best snarky imitation of her, with her emphasis on the oddest syllables.   It's no surprise that she and Meeka are such good buddies.  I hate that she commandeers so much of MSNBC's weekend hours.

• Love 3

Alex Twit must have blackmail material on one or more NBC/MSNBC execs since there's no shake-up regarding her time on the weekends as of yet.... 😞

MSNBC Moves Ali Velshi to Weekend Mornings in Schedule Shake-Up

MSNBC is reworking its Saturday and Sunday schedules, giving Ali Velshi a morning program and adding Alicia Menendez to the roster.

The NBCUniversal-owned cable-news outlet will pluck Velshi from its weekday schedule, and give him a morning program that stretches from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. The move opens up the weekday 3 p.m. hour and breaks up the on-air team that leads “Velshi & Ruhle” at 1 p.m. David Gura, who currently anchors “UP” on Sunday mornings, will instead anchor “MSNBC Live” from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturdays. The new schedule is slated to launch in 2020.

Yet there has been steady investment in new weekend programming, with new anchors added to daytime hours. MSNBC in October of 2017 launched “Kasie DC,” a Sunday evening program with Capitol Hill correspondent Kasie Hunt. Joy Reid, Alex Witt, Rev. Al Sharpton, Richard Lui, Kendis Gibson, and Lindsey Reiser will all continue to lead various slots on weekends.

MSNBC has other reasons to beef up weekends. CNN wins more weekend viewers among the audience most desired by advertisers, people between the ages of 25 and 54, and all of its Sunday-morning hours outperformed MSNBC’s in that demographic in 2019, according to data from Nielsen. MSNBC wins more viewers overall on weekends.

Velshi’s new program will lead into Joy Reid’s “AM Joy,” MSNBC’s highest-rated weekend program. Velshi, who will split his time between New York and a teaching gig at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, will continue to fill in for MSNBC’s primetime anchors during the week.

Menendez, the daughter of U.S. Senator Robert Menendez of New Jersey,  will host two weekend shows, one at 4 p.m. on Saturday and another at 6 p.m. on Sunday. She is a former co-host of PBS’ “Amanpour & Company,” and has logged stints at HuffPost Live and Fusion. She joined MSNBC in October, with the network saying at the time her duties would be announced at a later date.

MSNBC said more details around weekend programming would be revealed in coming weeks.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

That fucking blows! I really like Ali Velshi, and they're shlepping him off to 8am on Saturdays?!

Ali is one of my favorites over there. Maybe he asked for the weekend gig because he is teaching in PA during the week.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1