Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Mr. Kemper was listening to David Gura this morning and made a comment about how good he would be on MTP or Hardball.  With our l luck they would promote Alex Witt.

• Love 4

David is my nominee to take over the Morning Joe slot if Joe and Mika ever retire.   His show is very smart, he is very well informed and he creates a great salon-type atmosphere that would work at that time of day.

• Love 3
On 3/3/2019 at 4:52 PM, Kemper said:

Mr. Kemper was listening to David Gura this morning and made a comment about how good he would be on MTP or Hardball.  With our l luck they would promote Alex Witt.

On 3/3/2019 at 7:32 PM, car54 said:

David is my nominee to take over the Morning Joe slot if Joe and Mika ever retire.   His show is very smart, he is very well informed and he creates a great salon-type atmosphere that would work at that time of day.

This has quickly become my favorite show on the network.  I like the format, with the panel sticking around for an entire hour (occasionally switching one person out) and the panelists are mostly terrific, as is David himself.  He's smart, has a sense of humor, and unlike most of the hosts on the network, he actually lets his guests speak without interruption.  I've never understood hosts (they know who they are) who ask a question and then talk over the guest who's doing his/her best to answer.  If he were to be given a weekday time slot, I would want him to keep to the current format as much as possible (probably none of this will happen since my wishes don't usually come true).

• Love 4

I could have done without Claire McKaskill (sp?) today on Nicole Wallace.  She has been popping up on a lot of shows, ever since she signed with the network.  Is it just me who grabs the remote when she appears? I know she has a lot of gravitas but I can't stand her.  And I don't know why.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Kemper said:

I could have done without Claire McKaskill (sp?) today on Nicole Wallace.  She has been popping up on a lot of shows, ever since she signed with the network.  Is it just me who grabs the remote when she appears? I know she has a lot of gravitas but I can't stand her.  And I don't know why.

I feel the opposite. I think she's a good contributor.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, rcc said:

I feel the opposite. I think she's a good contributor.

I like Clair depending on the topic. She was IMO very good discussing impeachment. She's also better when she's on any MSNBC show other than Morning Joe.

• Love 3
On 3/3/2019 at 4:52 PM, Kemper said:

I couldn't agree moire!   And I know you were serious, but your last sentence made me laugh.  As for DG, if they had to give him a co-host in this dream scenario, Nicolle Wallace could fill the bill. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

I couldn't agree moire!   And I know you were serious, but your last sentence made me laugh.  As for DG, if they had to give him a co-host in this dream scenario, Nicolle Wallace could fill the bill. 

Nicolle is doing fine on her own & I wouldn't want to muddy the waters.  Just sayin'.

• Love 6

This is true, but it's just that I have come to detest Joe and Mika so much that I'm forever trying to come up with a combo to replace them that could attract and keep political junkie viewers, a duo with intelligence, a sense of humor, news/political background.  And no matter what male half I come up with, it's always Nicolle that I feel would be an excellent fit for the show.  I'm sure she loves her 4 p.m. slot; I never miss it.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

This is true, but it's just that I have come to detest Joe and Mika so much that I'm forever trying to come up with a combo to replace them that could attract and keep political junkie viewers, a duo with intelligence, a sense of humor, news/political background.  And no matter what male half I come up with, it's always Nicolle that I feel would be an excellent fit for the show.  I'm sure she loves her 4 p.m. slot; I never miss it.

I think her time slot works well for her to manage her Mommy duties.  I don't think an early-morning show would help her wrangle her 7 yr. old. & his/their commitments.  She seems like a hands-on Mom!!???

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

I think her time slot works well for her to manage her Mommy duties.  I don't think an early-morning show would help her wrangle her 7 yr. old. & his/their commitments.  She seems like a hands-on Mom!!???

That's a good point.  -   I thank the stars above every day that The View let her go (their loss) and MSNBC gave her a show.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, Ladyrain said:

That's a good point.  -   I thank the stars above every day that The View let her go (their loss) and MSNBC gave her a show.

Wow!  Nicholle was on The View?  I haven't watched that show since Meredith Viera left.  IMO, that was the end of an intelligent, women's talk show (still love Joy, though--wish she could get out of there & be given her own show, which I've mentioned already, sorry!!)

• Love 3

Yes, my memory might be faulty on the details, but I think she came on when they let Candace Cameron go.  Apparently (or so I read) Nicolle wasn't up to date on all the latest gossipy-celebrity "news", or some such garbage, and I think she was on the panel for only one year.  That was maybe three years ago?  Then they brought on Meghan McCain (a one woman horror show).  ----  Joy had a show (on HLN maybe? CNN?) at night a few years ago; talk show format ala Larry King and for some reason that got cancelled.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Yes, my memory might be faulty on the details, but I think she came on when they let Candace Cameron go.  Apparently (or so I read) Nicolle wasn't up to date on all the latest gossipy-celebrity "news", or some such garbage, and I think she was on the panel for only one year.  That was maybe three years ago?  Then they brought on Meghan McCain (a one woman horror show).  ----  Joy had a show (on HLN maybe? CNN?) at night a few years ago; talk show format ala Larry King and for some reason that got cancelled.

Yes! Joy did have a great talk show on HLN. That seems like 100 years ago now.

Back when HLN was an actual channel with shows worth watching.  It's now non stop Forensic Files with other HLN original programming but all people killing people. ☹️

• Love 6

I don't think it has dawned on the Network that the ratings would (probably) not suffer if Joe and Meeka went.  They have the best guests (most of the time)  and a new duo would have no problem getting good ratings.  CNN is, sadly, a stale show every morning; Fox is Fox.  This time slot is easy pickings for the network.

• Love 5

Oh my.....Katy Tur is about to pop with her baby, and now Kasie Hunt is pregnant.

They better recruit some new Road Warriors to travel with all these candidates during the next year, I don't think these two are going to want to take the babies on the road.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 3/11/2019 at 8:30 AM, Kemper said:

I don't think it has dawned on the Network that the ratings would (probably) not suffer if Joe and Meeka went.  They have the best guests (most of the time)  and a new duo would have no problem getting good ratings.  CNN is, sadly, a stale show every morning; Fox is Fox.  This time slot is easy pickings for the network.

I honestly have to say I prefer CNN because it's not a lot of arrogant know it alls sitting around BS'ing every morning. It's the real news.

Every hour on MSNBC is politics. And unless Chris Hayes, Nicolle Wallace or Lawrence O'Donnell are in charge, they bore me.

I generally tune into MJ at 6 for the laughs. And to complain about something 🙂

Edited by stormy
  • Love 1

I wish someone would tell Nicolle Wallace to quit the maniacal laughter.  It's really irritating. Today she was laughing way too much.  It's a shame because she has such good guests (no, not David Deutsch!) and often times, she starts laughing while they're still talking. I've noticed they don't join in (they either keep talking over her laughs or just quit talking).  

• Love 1

This is nice news.

Jacob has come a long way since his beat walking backwards talking to people in line at polling places in 2016.

His reports from the border on children in detention were chilling.  I still think of them.

• Love 8

It is nice to see Jacob Soboroff get some recognition for his excellent reporting.  

Has there been an anchor named to fill in on Meet the Press for Chuck Todd on Mondays - when Katie Tur goes on maternity leave?    

Yesterday was the 40th anniversary of the nuclear accident at Three Mile Island PA. Andrea Mitchell started out her piece on the anniversary with some vintage news video of a reporter on site delivering an update.

I watched the old video for a little while and realized, the reporter was Andrea!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, xaxat said:

Yesterday was the 40th anniversary of the nuclear accident at Three Mile Island PA. Andrea Mitchell started out her piece on the anniversary with some vintage news video of a reporter on site delivering an update.

I watched the old video for a little while and realized, the reporter was Andrea!

rsz_am.jpg.1592bde227dcbb4373067890931df0b5.jpg

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

Is that really Andrea Mitchell?

I have my doubts. I just image-searched "young Andrea Mitchell" and found this photo of her interviewing then-Philadelphia Mayor Frank Rizzo. The 3 Mile Island reporter looks close to me, but not the same:

Andrea_FrankRizzo.thumb.jpg.a274ff3cc60f15ba9cadaad3188d86b4.jpg

We're going to miss Katy Tur as we're always happy to see her when she replaces Chuck.  In our opinion, she should be given MTP Daily.  When Chuck is there, we alternate between him and Wolf.  When Katy's hosting we stick with MTP.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

Has Katy gone out on maternity leave?  She has been subbing on a lot of shows lately. Yes, we always switch to CNN or the local news at 5:00.  

No, she's on MSNBC right now, hosting the 2pm (EDT) show.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

I have it on very good authority that Katy's due date is April 14. Don’t know how long she will keep working. 

Whooo boy! Katy's tough. But then, she was the kid hanging out of her dad's helicopter to get some video (almost giving her dad a heart attack). So I expect her to keep working until that baby decides to emerge. I just hope they have some type of medical professional in the studio these days, just in case.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

Currently watching Katy Tur's regular afternoon show, and a guest broke from the on-going discussion to acknowledge that today is her last day and to wish her well.

Who was that?

(edited)
18 minutes ago, rcc said:

Who was that?

No idea, they had four people in a split screen talking about Barr's testimony this morning, and one of the guys said it when she went to him for a comment.  I didn't recognize him, don't recall seeing him before, and don't remember hearing his name.  He was a youngish (maybe 30 something) white guy with black hair.

She's doing the hand off with Ali Velshi, and he also brought it up and wished her well.

Edited by Moose135
(edited)
14 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

No idea, they had four people in a split screen talking about Barr's testimony this morning, and one of the guys said it when she went to him for a comment.  I didn't recognize him, don't recall seeing him before, and don't remember hearing his name.  He was a youngish (maybe 30 something) white guy with black hair.

She's doing the hand off with Ali Velshi, and he also brought it up and wished her well.

I just saw the hand off to Ali too and Katy is off and baby due Thursday. Thanks for responding.

Spoiler
Edited by rcc
No idea why spoiler box is here!
  • Love 4
On 4/9/2019 at 2:42 PM, rcc said:

Who was that?

I just found the clip on Twitter, it was Jacob Soboroff, an MSNBC correspondent.  Looking back at it, I do remember seeing some of his reports in recent weeks.

• Love 4

Will there be a long-term sub (my school marm days) for Katy Tur; or will MSNBC personnel just rotate in and out?  Kasey Hunt was in yesterday (I hope she is not the long-term person).

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

Will there be a long-term sub (my school marm days) for Katy Tur; or will MSNBC personnel just rotate in and out?  Kasey Hunt was in yesterday (I hope she is not the long-term person).

No idea who the long term sub will be. Maybe Steve K since he subbed 2 wks for CM. Does Steve have his own show? I like him and heck, if he doesn't have a show, he'd be a great fill-in for KT (+ on Mondays for Chuck). I'm gonna miss Katy during these increasingly crazy times.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Kemper said:

Kasie Hunt is pregnant as well. I doubt she will stay long term.

2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Hmmm... something's in the air over at MSNBC 😊

I wonder if the parent network will host a baby shower for them with Jenna Bush & Savannah Guthrie as hosts?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

During a convo with Joyce Vance last night Brian Williams said: "We haven't even touched on posse comitatus which some of us thought was a lyric in Wooly Bully." 

I enjoy his dry sense of humor; he speaks slowly, pronounces words clearly, gets to his point quickly and presents his thoughts in a linear manner. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, suomi said:

During a convo with Joyce Vance last night Brian Williams said: "We haven't even touched on posse comitatus which some of us thought was a lyric in Wooly Bully." 

I enjoy his dry sense of humor; he speaks slowly, pronounces words clearly, gets to his point quickly and presents his thoughts in a linear manner. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thoroughly enjoys him ... always good for at least one giggle per show.  He's so quick & has a firm grasp on the English language!!!

• Love 6