Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Greta Von Susteren is just not a pleasant person to look at.  I don't know if it is that she can't seem to move her face...or that she doesn't have any "neck flexibility"... I don't know what else you would call it.  Plus the monotone.  I have seen what the ratings are for Morning Blow .. seems they are beating CNN.  I would love to know how Greta V S ratings stack up against her competitors.  And how they compare to the "Game Change" guys who had the time slot before her.

• Love 7

I first saw Van Susteren during the OJ trial, and her face looked fine.  Then, she decided to get a face lift and, unfortunately, it didn't work for her.  She looks like she's wearing a mask made of plaster.  I remember seeing her after that and going WTF, why did she do that?  I do wonder if the face lift has something to do with her slurring her words, because I don't remember her speaking like that before. 

• Love 2
On 3/22/2017 at 5:37 PM, Kemper said:

Greta Von Susteren is just not a pleasant person to look at.  I don't know if it is that she can't seem to move her face...or that she doesn't have any "neck flexibility"... I don't know what else you would call it.  Plus the monotone.  I have seen what the ratings are for Morning Blow .. seems they are beating CNN.  I would love to know how Greta V S ratings stack up against her competitors.  And how they compare to the "Game Change" guys who had the time slot before her.

Here's where you can see the ratings for the evening cable news shows. http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/category/ratings

• Love 1
On 3/23/2017 at 10:47 AM, Ohwell said:

I first saw Van Susteren during the OJ trial, and her face looked fine.  Then, she decided to get a face lift and, unfortunately, it didn't work for her.  

I always wondered why she became a celebrity out of the OJ trial while her fellow legal commentator, Roger Cossack, did not.  I think the face lift was her effort to compete with the young blondes, because, of course, young and blonde is more important than sharp legal mind and good communication skills.

• Love 6

Lord, I can't stand Joe and Meekaah.  Can't stand.  Yelling, smugness, preening and bloviating are no way to start my day.  And I think Joe gets off on people disliking him and tweeting about him.  He gets validation.  He thinks it makes him newsworthy.   Do the VIPs in DC really listen to him, call him and feed him inside info?

• Love 1

MSNBC is our default network, and I could set our clocks based on who's on.

I knew when Greta was on, I could go walk the dog before Tweety's show.  (Not a universally popular opinion, but I find him hilarious).

I also knew when they'd show Lockup, so we could catch up on Netflix.

Lately they've been goofing with the schedule.  Brian Williams' 11th hour was 1/2 hour followed by 1/2 rerun of Tweety.  Suddenly BW gets a full hour and no reruns of Tweety.  I was about to switch channels when Lockup would appear on the weekend, only to see reruns of network regulars.

Is Lockup an original MSNBC production or is it from another source and just cheap to broadcast? 

I don't know who those two jackholes were --one black, one white -- on Chris Jansing's show this morning, but I hope to never see them again.  They were yelling at each other about Sean Spicer's treatment of April Ryan at the news conference, but I thought they both were extremely unprofessional.

On 3/28/2017 at 9:47 AM, spiderpig said:

MSNBC is our default network, and I could set our clocks based on who's on.

I knew when Greta was on, I could go walk the dog before Tweety's show.  (Not a universally popular opinion, but I find him hilarious).

I also knew when they'd show Lockup, so we could catch up on Netflix.

Lately they've been goofing with the schedule.  Brian Williams' 11th hour was 1/2 hour followed by 1/2 rerun of Tweety.  Suddenly BW gets a full hour and no reruns of Tweety.  I was about to switch channels when Lockup would appear on the weekend, only to see reruns of network regulars.

Is Lockup an original MSNBC production or is it from another source and just cheap to broadcast? 

I'm still shocked they cancelled Lockup..even though there a petition on their Facebook page for another network to pick it up

38 minutes ago, spiderpig said:

Did anyone see Katie Tur's tribute to her parents re "Take your child to work day"?  They were manning the helicopter during the LA riots 25 years ago.

Did you catch the photo of young Katy? I enjoyed her tribute to their efforts, which also included the OJ Bronco follow.

Just now, suomi said:

Did you catch the photo of young Katy? I enjoyed her tribute to their efforts, which also included the OJ Bronco follow.

Was that her on the right in the cockpit photo?  What a memory.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Did anyone see Katie Tur's tribute to her parents re "Take your child to work day"?  They were manning the helicopter during the LA riots 25 years ago.

Wow, I had no idea her parents covered the riots! Followed in their footsteps, as it were.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, spiderpig said:

Ali Velshi taking no prisoners on MSNBC.

ETA: no political commentary - just that Ali speaks his mind.

Ali and Stephanie Ruhle have been on fire since the Tax plan on a napkin was announced.  Their background in finance and business is showing. :)

I love Ali and how outspoken he is.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, car54 said:

Ali and Stephanie Ruhle have been on fire since the Tax plan on a napkin was announced.  Their background in finance and business is showing. :)

I love Ali and how outspoken he is.

Ali was very popular on Canadian News TV. I used to see him downtown all the time.

3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Wow, I had no idea her parents covered the riots! Followed in their footsteps, as it were.

Her dad was a pioneer of the helicopter reporting. He decided to become transgendered and is now a female. Her parents divorced .Katy was not fully supportive of his transition. I think she accepts it now.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

I knew Katy Tur's dad transitioned. But never knew her father was a helicopter reporter, etc. Who says PTV isn't educational?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3670441/Transgender-OJ-helicopter-reporter-reveals-NBC-News-daughter-not-spoken-transitioned-says-Caitlyn-Jenner-not-human-Stockholm-Syndrome-life-white-male-privilege.html

Was Katy's dad (mom) , America's first Helicopter Parent of a millenial?

Our house is an avid MSNBC household most evenings, Chris Hayes, Rachel, Lawrence, with some Chris Matthews depending on his guests. When Brian Williams comes on, we change the channel. He is too pompous and unattached for our taste, with more boring and/or conservative guests. It is bad enough that Andy Lack tried to push the conservative agenda by giving a daily show to Gretta  who is incapable of posing tough questions to any conservative politician, but now reportedly he is talking to the "never-trumper" turned Trump toady Hugh Hewitt for a show! This is a real slap in the face to loyal viewers. Joy Reid who regularly beats Gretta in ratings deserves a daily show. Stop trying to turn this into a CNN/Fox clone. 

• Love 12

This HuffPost article goes into depth about Andy Lack's plans for MSNBC and Brian Williams.  I'm usually at work all day so I don't really care if the daytime hours crash and burn.  As long as they leave Chris, Rachel and Lawrence alone, I'm fine.

• Love 4

I think the daytime has been better lately--more Stephanie, Ali, Katy Tur, and Chris Jansing have all made daytime better.

I usually switch over to CNN at 4 to Jake Tapper and stay there til after Greta unless Katy Tur is doing MTP daily.

• Love 1
On 5/2/2017 at 0:28 PM, Lexx said:

This HuffPost article goes into depth about Andy Lack's plans for MSNBC and Brian Williams.  I'm usually at work all day so I don't really care if the daytime hours crash and burn.  As long as they leave Chris, Rachel and Lawrence alone, I'm fine.

Yes, but its a shame Joy Reid didn't get the slot that went to Greta, who's tanking in the ratings.

• Love 3

Andy Lack needs to go, for many reasons.  But Hugh Hewitt?  The man is a troll and his voice is like nails on chalkboard.  It's difficult enough to watch a show where's he's a guest; no way I'd watch anything with him as a host.

I don't watch Greta's show at all and switch to local news before coming back for Chris M., Chris H., Rachel and Lawrence.  I'd gladly keep it on MSNBC if Joy Reid had the hour (she and Rachel are my favorites).  Katy Tur is better than Chuck Todd on MTP Daily, too, and her defense of the First Amendment and contempt for Donald makes me happy.

Using Brian Williams as the template is just bizarre.  The man can be a total gasbag, and when I do watch his show it's for the guests and not his attempts to sound smart.  There was a retired military guy (colonel?) on All In the other night who called out Williams for going on and on about the "beautiful" missiles during the Syria strike ... he wanted to make sure people understood that it was not beautiful but deadly serious.  

• Love 7
On 5/2/2017 at 0:07 AM, heart2hearttime said:

Our house is an avid MSNBC household most evenings, Chris Hayes, Rachel, Lawrence, with some Chris Matthews depending on his guests. When Brian Williams comes on, we change the channel. He is too pompous and unattached for our taste, with more boring and/or conservative guests. It is bad enough that Andy Lack tried to push the conservative agenda by giving a daily show to Gretta  who is incapable of posing tough questions to any conservative politician, but now reportedly he is talking to the "never-trumper" turned Trump toady Hugh Hewitt for a show! This is a real slap in the face to loyal viewers. Joy Reid who regularly beats Gretta in ratings deserves a daily show. Stop trying to turn this into a CNN/Fox clone. 

MSNBC was been systematically getting rid of Progressive hosts for the past few years. They should be ashamed of themselves. I don't think becoming the #Never Trump network will help.

On 5/5/2017 at 1:57 AM, Kitty Redstone said:

Andy Lack needs to go, for many reasons.  But Hugh Hewitt?  The man is a troll and his voice is like nails on chalkboard.  It's difficult enough to watch a show where's he's a guest; no way I'd watch anything with him as a host.

I don't watch Greta's show at all and switch to local news before coming back for Chris M., Chris H., Rachel and Lawrence.  I'd gladly keep it on MSNBC if Joy Reid had the hour (she and Rachel are my favorites).  Katy Tur is better than Chuck Todd on MTP Daily, too, and her defense of the First Amendment and contempt for Donald makes me happy.

Using Brian Williams as the template is just bizarre.  The man can be a total gasbag, and when I do watch his show it's for the guests and not his attempts to sound smart.  There was a retired military guy (colonel?) on All In the other night who called out Williams for going on and on about the "beautiful" missiles during the Syria strike ... he wanted to make sure people understood that it was not beautiful but deadly serious.  

MSNBC is too cheap to fire Williams so they keep him on TV. I doubt they will renew his contract when it expires.

• Love 2

They are promoting that Nicolle Wallace's new show--called "Deadline Whitehouse" will start today at 4 pm.

I guess Yates and Clapper bumped them off yesterday.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, car54 said:

They are promoting that Nicolle Wallace's new show--called "Deadline Whitehouse" will start today at 4 pm.

I guess Yates and Clapper bumped them off yesterday.

I'm really happy for Nicolle & I hope she does well, she deserves it!!!

• Love 3

I like Joy Reid and AM Joy but I really miss Melissa Harris Perry. Melissa's show was great. In addition to politics she would do segments on pop culture and sometimes she would have musicians and singers it wasn't all politics all the time. I also miss her foot soldiers of the week.

• Love 2
On 5/14/2017 at 6:23 PM, spiderpig said:

It’s unclear who would replace O’Donnell if MSNBC declines to renew his contract. Multiple sources have told HuffPost that Brian Williams, whose program, “The 11th Hour,” is on MSNBC at 11 p.m. Eastern, has been eager to have an earlier start in the evening schedule. 

Gag me with a spoon.  So I'll have to stop recording at 10 instead of 11.

I don't want to see LOD go, but if they part ways, that slot needs to go to Joy.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Gag me with a spoon.  So I'll have to stop recording at 10 instead of 11.

I don't want to see LOD go, but if they part ways, that slot needs to go to Joy.

I am shocked that MSNBC is getting rid of LOD. Why hasn't Al Sharpton complained about the removal of so many POC on his network? I thought he was very powerful. Was he paid to keep quiet?

On 5/12/2017 at 4:40 PM, spiderpig said:

I like Nicolle, but she needs a voice coach stat.

I saw part of her show yesterday. She spends too much time making personal comments about everyone she interviews. She kept saying , I love person X. Person B is a Washington Legend. It's not proffesional.

My bet is they want Hewitt to go head to head with Smerconish at 9 am on Saturdays on CNN.   I won't be watching.  I don't agree with Smerconish politically but I do watch his show occasionally.

Rev Al can't complain because they took him off a daily show and put him on early Sunday am already.

Lawrence posted his contract is up on June 4 and that he'd let us know where he will be if not MSNBC.

Nicolle's show is very chatty---kind of Afternoon Joe lite.      

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, car54 said:

My bet is they want Hewitt to go head to head with Smerconish at 9 am on Saturdays on CNN.   I won't be watching.  I don't agree with Smerconish politically but I do watch his show occasionally.

Unless they're moving Joy Reid, I just cannot imagine Hewitt as a lead-in to AM Joy.  It would be like matter/anti-matter.

• Love 3

I guess I'm in the minority.  I really don't care for Nicolle Wallace.  The only one I like in daytime is Katy Tur. 

Lawrence is my favorite show, just one notch above Rachel even.  What a mess MSNBC has become.  If Lawrence goes, I would like to see Joy in that spot.  But honestly, I want Lawrence to stay where he is and Joy should replace Greta.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, oakville said:

I am shocked that MSNBC is getting rid of LOD. Why hasn't Al Sharpton complained about the removal of so many POC on his network? I thought he was very powerful. Was he paid to keep quiet?

I saw part of her show yesterday. She spends too much time making personal comments about everyone she interviews. She kept saying , I love person X. Person B is a Washington Legend. It's not proffesional.

I think that's called "establishing rapport with your guests"????