Type keyword(s) to search

This Is CNN

Message added by formerlyfreedom

Please note: This topic is for the business of CNN. This is not to discuss the news, what's airing on CNN at this moment, or the news of the day. Posts that violate this will be removed and may be subject to sanctions. Thank you.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

I just read that she had to wait a certain amount of time before (moving to a competitor) taking a job at MSNBC (11:00 PM slot). Can't remember the name of the website, so...who knows???

Interesting.  MSNBC might have anchor vacancies but at the rate that CNN anchors and reporters are fleeing to MSNBC and NBC it's getting to be a strange mix of badly juggling and not using talented news anchors at CNN

• Like 2

The new guy running CNN has made a hot mess.  In early December he laid off anchors and hosts and shutdown HLN (except for repeats and some live CNN coverage running simultaneously with CNN).

This morning Martin Savage is co-hosting This Morning Weekend and I had to Google this because I thought he had been one of the new guy's victims.

Martin Savage had been laid off but I guess new guy is desperate for veteran news anchors. I'm happy to see Martin Savage but what a messed up way to run what in my opinion has always been the premier cable news network.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3

CNN"s New Year's Eve coverage was as amusing as always :) Andy & Anderson were told to not Drink on-air, but I think they were drinking off-screen...they both were laughing like crazy & getting sillier as the night wore on.  I get a big kick out of them :)

• Like 2

The faces they made during the mystery shots were hilarious. Surprised they haven't become memes or gifs yet.  One 'shit' and one 'fuck' went out live, from guests not Andy or Anderson. Usually that would rate at least a couple of articles but not a peep. Meanwhile, Don Lemon over in New Orleans was either having too much fun or couldn't hear producers (he complained earlier about that) and completely missed the countdown and the actual stroke of Midnight. I'm sorry they couldn't drink because half the fun of the CNN broadcast is watching Don Lemon get increasingly crocked as the night goes on.

• LOL 1

I loved Andy and Anderson. They make a great combo. Anderson’s giggle makes me laugh every time.I h more entertaining than the other networks. I didn’t like Don this year though, all he did was complain for the few minutes I watched him. 

• Like 1

Since the change in the morning show I don't watch CNN. This morning Don and Poppy were starting early taking over Christine Romans' 5 am show. I hung in there for a few minutes because John Avlon was there.

Why should the peppy, entertaining and informative John Avlon to be steamrolled by this two sourpusses. 

On a better note for CNN they've hired Adam Knizinger

Edited by tres bien
  • Useful 1
47 minutes ago, tres bien said:

Since the change in the morning show I don't watch CNN. This morning Don and Poppy were starting early taking over Christine Romans' 5 am show. I

'bout done with all their shared empathy punctuating every story ("What a terrible story." "Isn't that wonderful?" "I don't know if I could do that." etc), as well as their human interest go-to "How were you feeling after that horrible thing happened to you that you didn't think (you, your family, your business, your dog) would survive?"

• LOL 1

I keep seeing Caitlin on late afternoon shows. Is that just because of the current turmoil (& her political knowledge) or are they rescuing her from that awful morning show?

Adam Kinsinger was hired by CNN? That's interesting. His TV interviews this past year have always been very good.

Edited by annzeepark914
  • Like 2

CNN is pulling in younger viewers; I have no idea why. But it is maybe the one positive. They are the best at hard news and breaking news. While I am happy to see familiar faces coming back to the forefront, it makes me question the decision-making from the higher-ups that made drastic personnel changes so abruptly.  Does not build confidence in leadership.

• Like 1

I read the story on CNN's website. The totally wacky things that stood out to me were the hosts won't be sitting behind desks. They're going to walk around? And Victor Blackwell is going back to his weekend morning anchor job.

It's giving me a whiplash. It just seems like a lot of throwing spaghetti against the wall to see what sticks

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I hope they do go back to breaking news and in depth coverage of on going stories- MORE than just breaking political news and ongoing political analysis. 
I would like to have a news channel to watch again. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, novhappy said:

I hope they do go back to breaking news and in depth coverage of on going stories- MORE than just breaking political news and ongoing political analysis. 
I would like to have a news channel to watch again. 

ITA it loathes me to basically stop watching CNN but when they start labeling the documents story as a saga (this week) they've lost credibility to me 

• Like 1
On 1/11/2023 at 7:27 PM, Jaded said:

Speaking of CNN series, here's the slate of CNN films and series coming this year, and of course what will be their final collaboration with outside producers https://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2022/12/13/cnn-original-series-cnn-films-sets-2023-programming-slate/

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

I read today that the network is interested in bringing Gayle King onboard. They have also given Bill Maher a show on…I think Friday nights. Not really a show, but possibly his “after show” discussions.

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I read today that the network is interested in bringing Gayle King onboard. They have also given Bill Maher a show on…I think Friday nights. Not really a show, but possibly his “after show” discussions.

Yes, it's the "Overtime" segment that's moving to CNN.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Kemper said:

Where would they place GK? I've never watched any show that she's been on, so all I know about her is that she & Oprah are best friends. I'll definitely be interested in checking out Bill Maher's "after show" discussions. I used to watch his show when it was on regular cable. 

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Kemper said:

There's not a reaction choice to describe the feeling I felt upon reading they are adding Bill Maher. I used to be a fan and even found ways to watch his HBO show without having HBO until his personality just became too much  and that smug face started to really irritate me. He got so comfortable having his Real Time show that it started to feel like he had no problem with using shock jock tactics more and more. Some of the people his show continued to platform multiple times contributed to me giving up his show too.

I'm indifferent to Gayle King. I don't dislike her though. I don't know what they'd do with her though. I mean there are options but I'm not sure how much of an audience her hosting alone would bring in. I guess at this point they don't have much to lose since the new guy has already turned things upside down there at this point. It would be Gail's decision on if she would want to give up her position at CBS which has treated her well to take a chance on making it at CNN since they seem to be either firing people or they're exiting before anyone has the chance to fire them.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4

I thought it was just me who felt this way about Bill M. I used to love him, too. I thought the network was going to try something out of the box….Maher is as political as they come.  His only schtick these days is anti-wokeness.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I wouldn’t mind if this new program was like the old Larry King interview program.  It was good to know that there was something interesting at 9:00 every night. However, Larry did not prepare, claiming he was asking the questions his viewers would want.  I am sure Gayle would do her homework. 

• Like 1

Chis Licht is appalled I tell you appalled.

Being out of town I can watch the local news or CNN. I haven't watched the new morning show but chose to. Don's not there he's on assignment in LA. 🤷

At 6 am CNN's already advertising (pushing) Bill Maher's 11:30 pm show tonight. I interpret this as a sad cry for help.

• Sad 1

If anyone got a demotion of sorts it was Kaitlin. During the previous administration she really stood out from the rest of the pack (& at such a young age!). Having to sit behind a desk at the crack of dawn with Don Lemon cannot feel like a promotion to her. CNN needs to make better use of this young, talented reporter.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Anyone want to bet on how long it would take Charles to say something on air that could get the whole network in trouble? At this point that's probably something Chris may want to happen since he's done so well in his job so far running CNN....🙄

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Jaded said:

Anyone want to bet on how long it would take Charles to say something on air that could get the whole network in trouble? At this point that's probably something Chris may want to happen since he's done so well in his job so far running CNN....🙄

I think Bill Maher would run off the rails before Charles Barkley. 

I haven't seen Bill Maher on TV for years (not a fan) but in the few hours I tune into CNN in the afternoon I've seen the commercial for his show. CNN wants to attract me to watch a show that it promotes with Bill Maher sitting at a table talking to Congresswoman Nancy Mace and Bill Barr.

Chris Licht really doesn't know his audience.

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, tres bien said:

I think Bill Maher would run off the rails before Charles Barkley. 

That is probably true. I don't think Charles always thinks things out before he speaks unlike Bill who thinks and intentionally says things he knows he shouldn't say. Years ago I thought it was just to get a reaction that was until I started realizing he believed those things too. It will be interesting to see how long he actually lasts on CNN which depends on what they'll let him get away with.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

This past week Don Lemon disrespected a generation of viewers with his ageism (for lack of a better word). He also disrespected one of his co-hosts a few weeks ago by blasting her on the air. Why is he any different than Chris Cuomo and Jeff Zucker. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Kemper said:

This past week Don Lemon disrespected a generation of viewers with his ageism (for lack of a better word). He also disrespected one of his co-hosts a few weeks ago by blasting her on the air. Why is he any different than Chris Cuomo and Jeff Zucker. 

Geez...I remember those little pompous chats he & Cuomo would have at 10 PM. Both were so condescending toward everyone else. He needs to be shown the proverbial door by CNN.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Geez...I remember those little pompous chats he & Cuomo would have at 10 PM. Both were so condescending toward everyone else. He needs to be shown the proverbial door by CNN.

With all of the trouble Don has been getting in it made it really clear as to why the two of them get along so well. If they felt confident enough to be like that on TV nightly I can only imagine what each of them are like behind the scenes.

Even if Chris was being sarcastic with what's in this headline I think it's awful that he'd say it during an interview. 

Chris Cuomo: ‘I was going to kill everybody and myself’ after CNN firing

• Mind Blown 2

In an attempt to boost ratings, I guess, CNN has managed to sink an entire network.

Once Brianna Keiler and John Berman were dumped off the morning show, I never tune in till 2 pm. On good note Brianna Golodryga has been co-hosting with Victor Blackwell for two hours.

Didn't someone post not long ago that Victor was going to be relocated again?

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Donny must be desperate to hold onto a job with CNN to go through the public humiliation of attending a training class. Maybe he knows that no one else will hire him. Such a tool.

I agree but I don't think he thinks he's being publicly humiliated because I don't think he has any shame. It's the usual BS "I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings" nonsense 

Edited by tres bien
  • Like 2
  • Love 1