Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

Agree on first leaders. Not sure on seconds. Several of the ones you listed as probably not being leaders yet are seasoned pro team performers and could possibly be second leaders. Bess, Chantel, and Stephanie have all cheered with other teams. I think they have just as good of a chance as Robin, Kashara, and Amy L. I feel pretty confident that Holly will be a second, but anything could happen.

Somewhat agree with this but I think that they might put stock in rising 3rd years who have potential to come back. A lot of girls stop at 3 years to be eligible for all star status. Bess, Chantal, and steph are good choices but might be less likely to come back for a 4th year than the girls who are younger and have less experience. Then it ends with those retiring and then the rising 4th years become leaders with no experience. Just my theory. I think those with the best chance are holly, Amy L, and robin. Experience might not outweigh dancing, leadership, and teaching skills. There's so much we don't get to see, and I remember being amazed when they chose Amelia as a 2nd group leader. I'd love a look into Kelli and judy's thought process.  

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Somewhat agree with this but I think that they might put stock in rising 3rd years who have potential to come back. A lot of girls stop at 3 years to be eligible for all star status. Bess, Chantal, and steph are good choices but might be less likely to come back for a 4th year than the girls who are younger and have less experience. Then it ends with those retiring and then the rising 4th years become leaders with no experience. Just my theory. I think those with the best chance are holly, Amy L, and robin. Experience might not outweigh dancing, leadership, and teaching skills. There's so much we don't get to see, and I remember being amazed when they chose Amelia as a 2nd group leader. I'd love a look into Kelli and judy's thought process.  

True I guess. Although I wasn't super surprised at Amelia being a second. She flew under the radar, but she was a show group alternate from her second year on and she was a great dancer with fabulous kicks (former Rangerette). Guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'd say group leaders and show group are the two things I'm the most curious about.

• Love 1

I always look forward to group leader and show group announcements. This years show group will be particularly interesting as a lot of the retiring vets are show group members. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Agree on first leaders. Not sure on seconds. Several of the ones you listed as probably not being leaders yet are seasoned pro team performers and could possibly be second leaders. Bess, Chantel, and Stephanie have all cheered with other teams. I think they have just as good of a chance as Robin, Kashara, and Amy L. I feel pretty confident that Holly will be a second, but anything could happen.

I agree but I feel like any of them have as good a shot as any I actually kept going back and forth between Amy and Bess. These are the girls I remember having zero negative feedback in their rookie season, and they stand out to me more.  But I agree with taking experience into accounts. 

• Love 1

Did anyone else notice it looks like they photoshopped the picture DCC Instagramed of Allie today? She posted the same one to her account, but there is a noticeable difference on her stomach/hip. She is by no means heavy but I do not think that was the best pose for her. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Lcj827 said:

Did anyone else notice it looks like they photoshopped the picture DCC Instagramed of Allie today? She posted the same one to her account, but there is a noticeable difference on her stomach/hip. She is by no means heavy but I do not think that was the best pose for her. 

Yeah it's definitely photoshopped, but I think it looks like general editing needs! With the way her back is arched, everyone is going to get that wrinkle in their back, so they just smoothed it out. Looks like a few lines on her hip, maybe from a pair of pants or something that they smoothed out

Sadly, the pose looks like it was an attempt to give the "boxy" girl some curves.  There are better ways to do that and not look like you've got at least 10 to 15 pounds more than you do.  Well, maybe not 10 to 15 but at least 5.

In the before picture, it looks like all the weight is in her back while she's too thin in her front, which is very odd.  You can see some ribs that have been "lessened" and the "back fat" has been smoothed out.  Allie's a pretty girl, but she does nothing for me and that pose is just . . . meh.

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Sadly, the pose looks like it was an attempt to give the "boxy" girl some curves.  There are better ways to do that and not look like you've got at least 10 to 15 pounds more than you do.  Well, maybe not 10 to 15 but at least 5.

In the before picture, it looks like all the weight is in her back while she's too thin in her front, which is very odd.  You can see some ribs that have been "lessened" and the "back fat" has been smoothed out.  Allie's a pretty girl, but she does nothing for me and that pose is just . . . meh.

Exactly. So many of them look like they've got these wide but flat waists, and then teeny shoulders and boobs, and then huge haunches and legs. These girls do not look this way in DCC uniforms or normal clothes. I don't get the poses that emphasize the widest parts of their waists and looking like back fat and haunches. 

Allie isn't superbusty, but that pose makes her look like her top is too small and like she has zero boobs. Their casual insta pics are 100x better. 

I also agree with whoever said earlier that girls like Kelli Q and Lacey have amazing backsides, so why do they not showcase that instead of man abs? 

They just need to let some of us go and pick out cute suits and pose these girls.

• Love 1

Allie still hasn't won me over and I'm still surprised they picked her for the squad honestly. Her figure, the weird non stop blinking she does while talking on camera and weathered look for her age ... well I'm not a fan . Same for the little Heather. I just don't get it . 

6 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

Allie still hasn't won me over and I'm still surprised they picked her for the squad honestly. Her figure, the weird non stop blinking she does while talking on camera and weathered look for her age ... well I'm not a fan . Same for the little Heather. I just don't get it . 

They are incredible dancers! I remember them getting praise during auditions and training camp. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

Yeah I think they're really great dancers and performers.  I was surprised that Allie made it given her non-DCC friendly shape (usually those who can't make the uniform shine don't make the team) but I guess they really wanted strong performers this year.  (sometimes K picks looks over performing/dancing)

My guess is Kyndall isn't going to try out because a job at HQ is much better than being a cheerleader.

49 minutes ago, iwtv123 said:

Not sure if this has been posted. Does this mean Kyndall is not trying out?

Screen Shot 2017-03-27 at 1.56.03 PM.png

what does she do there?  She really is such a pretty girl.  Does anyone know if Courtney (the one that Kelli said she wishes would try out again) is going to try out? 

I certainly don't blame Kyndall for not auditioning again if that's her choice.  She made it to the very last night two times and got cut both times.  I think they should have put her on the squad the second time instead of at least one of the girls currently there or added another place just for her, but that's just me.  Frankly, getting told no twice on the last night (at least once within MINUTES of the team being announced, if I'm correct) would be more than enough for me to say "No thanks!"  to doing it again.  That would be more than enough reason for her heartbreak last season.

• Love 6

My guess is Kyndall isn't going to try out because a job at HQ is much better than being a cheerleader.

Is that sarcasm? No shade, I just can't tell if you're being serious or not. Do you think a DCC would rather be a fitness instructor than a DCC? Although they'd probably make more money and have better benefits, LOL.

In any case, something tells me that being a DCC and working in the fitness facility aren't mutually exclusive. If any employer is going to understand the schedule, it's the Cowboys organization. And it probably adds some cachet to the facility that you can go there and be trained by or have a class with a DCC.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Is that sarcasm? No shade, I just can't tell if you're being serious or not. Do you think a DCC would rather be a fitness instructor than a DCC? Although they'd probably make more money and have better benefits, LOL.

In any case, something tells me that being a DCC and working in the fitness facility aren't mutually exclusive. If any employer is going to understand the schedule, it's the Cowboys organization. And it probably adds some cachet to the facility that you can go there and be trained by or have a class with a DCC.

Not sarcasm! Honestly, if I had a job with Corporate DC, I'd take that over being a cheerleader any day especially if I was Kyndall and got turned down twice already.

On 3/27/2017 at 0:37 AM, DancingDina13 said:

She's a great dancer, but I agree. 

18 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Pretty much.

I do wonder if aspiring DCC will start popping up around that facility before auditions, to get a workout, but also maybe to make some connections and get some face time? Maybe meet someone who can put in a good word for you, eh?

I'm not saying these two are...I'm just wondering if that's going to start happening now. The one on the right was a finalist at some point in recent history, wasn't she?

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Not sarcasm! Honestly, if I had a job with Corporate DC, I'd take that over being a cheerleader any day especially if I was Kyndall and got turned down twice already.

Probably pays more, too!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

Is she corporate job or is she fitness instructor?  If corporate job, yes definitely!  If fitness instructor, TBD ... it would be cool to do both of course :)

Although I totally get why she wouldn't try out again ... I mean for flippin' sakes, it was kinda cruel cutting her so close to the end. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Is she corporate job or is she fitness instructor?  If corporate job, yes definitely!  If fitness instructor, TBD ... it would be cool to do both of course :)

Although I totally get why she wouldn't try out again ... I mean for flippin' sakes, it was kinda cruel cutting her so close to the end. 

Not sure. I thought it was a corporate job with DC Fit. I don't think she's a fitness instructor like Paige is.

50 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I do wonder if aspiring DCC will start popping up around that facility before auditions, to get a workout, but also maybe to make some connections and get some face time? Maybe meet someone who can put in a good word for you, eh?

I'm not saying these two are...I'm just wondering if that's going to start happening now. The one on the right was a finalist at some point in recent history, wasn't she?

I think both Allie C and Jenny were finalists last year. 

• Love 1

Good for Kendall! I can't imagine trying out again. I remember she asked when she got cut if she should try out again and Kelly and Judy enthusiastically said yes. I think they told Emily that also and I was like wuuuut how could they put themselves through this for a third time??

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

How many blondes do they have going into 2017? I hope they get more blondes this year. And no more redheads, unless they're natural.

THIS THIS THIS!!! And I'd love to see some more women of color..specifically AA or Hispanic.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

How many blondes do they have going into 2017? I hope they get more blondes this year. And no more redheads, unless they're natural.

There are two blondes retiring (Amy T and Melissa)! Nine or Ten returning- not sure if Allie is considered a blonde or not (Allie, Amy L, Heather O, Jessika, KaShara, Kelli, Maggie, Mandy, Milan and Tasha)! :)

One more - Kami. Also very pretty. I may have to root for her just for being smart enough to practice the jumpsplit ahead of time. She's also working on her body hardcore. Used to dance for Iowa Energy (NBA D-league) and Iowa Barnstormers (IFL)

• Love 2

From the few seconds of those three girls, they're all beautiful, but the first blond and the AA girl both need some work. Blond #1 looks like she's holding back and is timid, moves don't look complete. She's also slightly off/behind count. Af Am girl looks like a cheerleader learning to dance. Judy is going to have a field day with that, if it's true. Last blond girl is pretty good, but needs to practice that jump split more. Her ankles make my ankles hurt just from watching that landing.

Over all impression = 1 & 2 need to spend every second they have at dance class, or maybe try next year. 3 looks like she stands a chance.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

One more - Kami. Also very pretty. I may have to root for her just for being smart enough to practice the jumpsplit ahead of time. She's also working on her body hardcore. Used to dance for Iowa Energy (NBA D-league) and Iowa Barnstormers (IFL)

Somthing interesting = in that first video, about half way through, Michelle has added that double pirouette into a straddle. Remember when maybe Erica? was a rookie, so only four years ago, and that was THE. WOW. MOVE. Even the next year when Holly did it, it was basically an instant show group skill. Now it seems like everyone is doing it. I think I just thought that was interesting, and shows how the skill level of girls does seem to go up every year.

• Love 3

I agree 100 with @RazzleberryPie about the first two not quite having ready yet! I think that double pirouette is cool, and yeah they had it as the wow move, but what's funny is that it really isn't all that foreign to jazz dance here in the south but at the competitions it is everywhere now and almost over used in some instances! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Josreason said:

I agree 100 with @RazzleberryPie about the first two not quite having ready yet! I think that double pirouette is cool, and yeah they had it as the wow move, but what's funny is that it really isn't all that foreign to jazz dance here in the south but at the competitions it is everywhere now and almost over used in some instances! 

Haha I call it a Dance Moms Trick. One of those that looks impressive at first then you realize at a trick everybody does bc it scores high as a combo on different levels, flexibility, etc.

My friend was at Texans tryouts and she said she saw 2016 TC candidate Jackie there. Perhaps she moved to Houston? My friend did not make it past second round so she's not sure how far Jackie made it. We should know soon who the 50 finalists are for Texans.

I cringe every time I watch NCAA gymnastics and a girl doesn't get her landing quite right and lands on her ankles/toes. It looks so painful but then they go on and do the rest of their routine without looking like it was painful.

Those are good tips, I probably would have added to the last one..."doing the routine without a mirror or having someone video tape you doing the routine"

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I cringe every time I watch NCAA gymnastics and a girl doesn't get her landing quite right and lands on her ankles/toes. It looks so painful but then they go on and do the rest of their routine without looking like it was painful.

Kind of off topic but i love watching gymnastics! All I can really watch is SEC, and I love LSU, but I'd love to see Oklahoma since they're ranked #1