• Start Topic

From auditions:

Kelli: "I've sat in those chairs..."

DCC Hopeful, upon seeing Kelli walk into the room/stadium for the first time:

"She's so pretty"

"She's so pretty in person"

• Love 1
22 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

This may have been posted about already, but it looks like TCC Bethany moves to Los Angeles. I assume she won't be auditioning again. http://instagram.com/bethanyogger

yeah seems doubtful but good for her!  LA rocks!  I get what Kelli was saying ... she does have a very intense stare to her eyes.  Reminds me of Emily Snake Eyes.  I don't think the dark liner helps though; in pictures where she looks more natural, she seemed much prettier!

5 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

yeah seems doubtful but good for her!  LA rocks!  I get what Kelli was saying ... she does have a very intense stare to her eyes.  Reminds me of Emily Snake Eyes.  I don't think the dark liner helps though; in pictures where she looks more natural, she seemed much prettier!

Maybe she'll audition for a CA team. Seems like a  lot of DCCs/TCCs  who move to CA do that.

Edited by MrsEVH
8 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

I hope she didn't crab-walk her way over there ?.

that was weird ... what was the point of the crab walking?  And why did only one of them do it and not both?  Can't remember the other girl that Kitty told her to get down and that's where she's suppose to live???

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

that was weird ... what was the point of the crab walking?  And why did only one of them do it and not both?  Can't remember the other girl that Kitty told her to get down and that's where she's suppose to live???

It was Tess and she made them do it to show them how low they should be getting as taller girls. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Technique - she was showing how to get low, but still have some stability and be able to move on the same level without falling over or looking weird.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Technique - she was showing how to get low, but still have some stability and be able to move on the same level without falling over or looking weird.

... or she was having fun, pulling a power trip and making her do something stupid cause she could??  lol - kidding.  sort of.  maybe.

I want chocolate cake

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

... or she was having fun, pulling a power trip and making her do something stupid cause she could??  lol - kidding.  sort of.  maybe.

I want chocolate cake

Kitty might be abrasive, but there's a legit dance purpose for what she does. Cake always sounds good to me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Really? Who else? The only ones I can think of are Rose and Jasmine. 

EDITED: Maybe she'll audition for a CA team. Seems like the few DCCs/TCC/finalists who move to CA do that. There was a finalist Tiege who made the Laker Girls for her 2nd time.

One year vet Brandi was a Laker Girl. I think Erika Jenkins tried out to be a Laker Girl, but she did not make the team.

I also do not think they will focus too much on Jenna unless she does something big to piss off Kelli and Charlotte and gets cut from the team. They may mention she is coming back for her sixth year, but they probably will find another Morgan or Kelsey rookie candidate type girl story to focus on to the point of driving the viewers and fans batty.

11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

One year vet Brandi was a Laker Girl. I think Erika Jenkins tried to be a Laker Girl, but she did not make the team.

I forgot about Brandi; she left the team because she was pregnant.  Darla Mc Farland  was a Laker Girl  for 2 or 3 seasons.

Also cut TCC Emily (the timid one) auditioned for the Charger Girls with Rose but didn't make it.

Current rookie DCC  Madeline auditioned for the Laker Girls after getting cut last year.

Edited by MrsEVH

It's official, Megan, Amy T, Claire, & Jax aren't returning as 3rd year vets. Even if we didn't know before, this was a good indicator.

Twenty nine vets are going on the calendar shoot which means eight vets are retiring from the team.

Going to be interesting with at least eight spots open or seven if Kelli decides to go with 36 instead of 37 for the 2017-2018 squad. The question will be will all of the 16 one year girls make it back on the team.

19 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

It's official, Megan, Amy T, Claire, & Jax aren't returning as 3rd year vets. Even if we didn't know before, this was a good indicator.

I thought Shelly said that a couple of weeks ago, no?

• Love 1
Just now, LadyMsJay said:

I thought Shelly said that a couple of weeks ago, no?

She did, this just made it offical you know in case Shelly wasn't /really/ Shelly.

Amy T and Megan don't surprise me as leaving...Amy has been doing pro cheer a while, Megan has had obvious weight issues and I always figured they'd retire together since they are joined at the hip. 

Claire and Jax surprise me just because they seemed well on their way to bigger and better things with DCC...I admit I was also looking forward to more pics of Claire this year! She was one of the most photogenic in my opinion.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Twenty nine vets are going on the calendar shoot which means eight vets are retiring from the team.

Going to be interesting with at least eight spots open or seven if Kelli decides to go with 36 instead of 37 for the 2017-2018 squad. The question will be will all of the 16 one year girls make it back on the team.

That's a lot of veterans! The vets are going to have to prepare knockout solos and be on top of their game for auditions. There's always new talent and based on the rookies the past few years, they'll have to fight to stay. 

22 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

That's a lot of veterans! The vets are going to have to prepare knockout solos and be on top of their game for auditions. There's always new talent and based on the rookies the past few years, they'll have to fight to stay. 

I genuinely want everyone to make it back this year (even Tasha, Yuko). These big rookie classes are wearing on my brain. Maybe they're holding calendar a little "later" this year to keep vets in shape for auditions and fewer weight issues. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 3

I just googled to make sure, last year they were there mid April. The year before in Tulum was end of march.  

4 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Ah, my bad. For some reason I thought they did it late February/early March. 

I thought so too, it seems like it would be a good time but they probably want to avoid spring breakers.

Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Spring break is in March us :P

It all depends on your school, mine was usually second week of march. By going end of march/april they avoid that sort of crowd. 

11 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

It all depends on your school, mine was usually second week of march. By going end of march/april they avoid that sort of crowd. 

Forgive my brain, I thought you meant spring break being in February. 

I hope they continue to do it in the Bahamas, the water is stunning. 

3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Forgive my brain, I thought you meant spring break being in February. 

I hope they continue to do it in the Bahamas, the water is stunning. 

lol no that's okay.

I wish I was in the Bahamas right now. I'm reading trip reports of Disney cruises and sighing lol

That is a lot of returning vets! This years auditions will be super competitive and should be awesome. I hope that everyone makes it back but competition will be extremely stiff. Vets have no room for error. 

32 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

That is a lot of returning vets! This years auditions will be super competitive and should be awesome. I hope that everyone makes it back but competition will be extremely stiff. Vets have no room for error. 

NONE.

• Love 1

I admit the only rookies I like are Mandy, Maggie, and Allie. The rest to me are blah!!! I think Milan, Selina, the one Heather with the big teeth (sorry, but her teeth scare me a little,) Khalyn (sorry, but I think Kelli is almost seeing her as another Jackie Bob type,) Kelsey with her Kelli sees her potential curse, and Jessika may be on the bubble this year. I do not understand the Tasha, Kelsey, and Madeline love either. Maybe this year will bring in some TC Candidates I can get more excited over.

Hey guys, not sure if this is being posted in the wrong boards but I hope it is in the right one. (plus I think I am behind on the news!!!)

Just saw on youtube that the dcc weekly has posted the swimsuit fittings (onto youtube the other day) and I noticed that KaShara said she went on the calendar shoot last year. 

Did I hear correctly on that? Also was the calendar shoot (last year) shot during training camp? I also thought calendar shoot was for those who are returning to the squad eg rookies from current squad and upwards for all their calendars, so why and how the hell did KaShara managed to go to a calendar shoot last year when she was a rookie last year? 

I might be missing something tbh so please correct me if I am wrong.

Also noticed some of you were saying about pro cheer. What is Pro cheer? I have no idea what that is, not being in the cheering/dance world/not living in the USA.

I keep meaning to ask this question (always forget) who are the Scholz sisters (that is mentioned on the first page of this thread) and what did they do? Sorry if I'm not allowed to ask just wondered thats all I keep seeing that post and wondering thats all.

Edited by Dcc fan
16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I admit the only rookies I like are Mandy, Maggie, and Allie. The rest to me are blah!!! I think Milan, Selina, the one Heather with the big teeth (sorry, but her teeth scare me a little,) Khalyn (sorry, but I think Kelli is almost seeing her as another Jackie Bob type,) Kelsey with her Kelli sees her potential curse, and Jessika may be on the bubble this year. I do not understand the Tasha, Kelsey, and Madeline love either. Maybe this year will bring in some TC Candidates I can get more excited over.

I LOOOOVE Mandy and Maggie too. Kelli and Cersten are the only other ones I care about. As far as Khalyn, maybe she'll grow on me like Jackie did. We don't really see much of her personality. Maybe she just needs to mature over the years.

• Love 1

I forgot about Kelli. I wondered if part of the reason why she did not make it into TC before was because of her looks because it is obvious the girl can dance. I wish they would change her hair color, hair style and makeup because she looks older than the rest of the girls. With the right look, Kelli would be more adorable than she already is. Cersten could be the next Jackie Bob or Mia, but I guess we will see how long she stays with the team because of her wanting to go to med school. I like Allie, but I am a little mad because there have been girls in the past with the same type figures who did not make the team aka Grace Lee Sells and Katie S.

18 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Spring break is in March us :P

This past week was spring break in central Arkansas.  Im a middle school teacher and I've enjoyed my time off.  

I'm pretty sure to answer the question below:  

i believe season 7 filmed their spring shoot, and then edited the episode to make it seem like it was in the middle of training camp.  They usually do it at the end of the season to my knowledge. That's why Chelsea participated in the calendar shoot before she got cut.

Hey guys, not sure if this is being posted in the wrong boards but I hope it is in the right one. (plus I think I am behind on the news!!!)

Just saw on youtube that the dcc weekly has posted the swimsuit fittings (onto youtube the other day) and I noticed that KaShara said she went on the calendar shoot last year. 

Did I hear correctly on that? Also was the calendar shoot (last year) shot during training camp? I also thought calendar shoot was for those who are returning to the squad eg rookies from current squad and upwards for all their calendars, so why and how the hell did KaShara managed to go to a calendar shoot last year when she was a rookie last year? 

Edited by Josreason
6 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

I might be missing something tbh so please correct me if I am wrong.

Also noticed some of you were saying about pro cheer. What is Pro cheer? I have no idea what that is, not being in the cheering/dance world/not living in the USA.

I keep meaning to ask this question (always forget) who are the Scholz sisters (that is mentioned on the first page of this thread) and what did they do? Sorry if I'm not allowed to ask just wondered thats all I keep seeing that post and wondering thats all.

The 3 Scholz sisters were all DCCs in the 80s and wrote a (scathing) book about being a DCC. I've heard (on here) they're all blackballed from attending any DCC alumni events.

There's a Pro Cheer website and Twitter page. Could be what they're referring to

https://twitter.com/ProDanceCheer

http://www.prodancecheer.com/

Otherwise the term pro cheer is girls who cheer/ dance for professional teams (NFL, NBA, NHL,etc.)

Edited by MrsEVH
30 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

You can still get the Scholz book on Amazon. There are people selling used copies for $6. It's completely vapid and not terribly well written, but it is interesting to read in light of what we see of the DCC on tv and social media. (Detailed synopsis here.)

Interesting the youngest sister didn't even finish her 1st year as a DCC.  Would love to find that episode of Maury ( 1991 according to article) they were on. That's when his show was still good and didn't turn into a DNA fest.

Thank you guys. Gosh I cant believe they would write a book. Some reason US amazon wont let me buy the book, to get a read of it. Uk amazon has it for sale for £40+. Interesting on how Kelli and Judy took it when it happened back then (I can imagine). tho

I don;t know why I thought Pro cheer was a completely different dance team, when I was reading the previous posts on here.

I hope all of the girls make it back onto the squad. I think the one girl I am "debating" whether she'd return is actually Kelsey based on previous years tho she does stick out because of her interview answers. I do love her and Kelli. My eyes keeps going to them whenever I see them. 

I do wonder where Jenna would be in the triangle this coming year. 

I just went back a page and caught myself up.  I am surprised that Jax and Claire chose to retire.  You'd think they would go for that third year! Megan and Amy, I liked but I feel like they have a lot going on elsewhere!

Melissa was an amazing soloist and I really liked her too!  

And of course Jenn K, Danielle, and Jessica! I have enjoyed since their rookie seasons! In their rookie season Kitty was hard on Danielle and Jessica!  I remember when Danielle hurt her foot or ankle and almost didn't make it back! Jenn K has always been one of my favorites to watch, she is the real deal and a great ambassador for the brand! 

With that said...

i cant wait to see the new rookie talent this year! I also predict (in no particular order)

GL1s: Jenna, Erica, Lacey, Jinelle

GL2s: Robin, Kashara, Holly, Amy L 

(Simone, Raylee, Stephanie, Chantel, and Bess are great, but I don't see them being leaders at this time!) 

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Josreason said:

I just went back a page and caught myself up.  I am surprised that Jax and Claire chose to retire.  You'd think they would go for that third year! Megan and Amy, I liked but I feel like they have a lot going on elsewhere!

Melissa was an amazing soloist and I really liked her too!  

And of course Jenn K, Danielle, and Jessica! I have enjoyed since their rookie seasons! In their rookie season Kitty was hard on Danielle and Jessica!  I remember when Danielle hurt her foot or ankle and almost didn't make it back! Jenn K has always been one of my favorites to watch, she is the real deal and a great ambassador for the brand! 

With that said...

i cant wait to see the new rookie talent this year! I also predict (in no particular order)

GL1s: Jenna, Erica, Lacey, Jinelle

GL2s: Robin, Kashara, Holly, Amy L 

(Simone, Raylee, Stephanie, Chantel, and Bess are great, but I don't see them being leaders at this time!) 

Agree on first leaders. Not sure on seconds. Several of the ones you listed as probably not being leaders yet are seasoned pro team performers and could possibly be second leaders. Bess, Chantel, and Stephanie have all cheered with other teams. I think they have just as good of a chance as Robin, Kashara, and Amy L. I feel pretty confident that Holly will be a second, but anything could happen.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, ilovetrashtv said:

My fave is Madeline by far. I don't want to jinx her but she has improved a lot this year and *should* have no issues making it back if she brings her A game. Fingers crossed

Madeline is a rock star! I don't think she'll have any issues making it back. 

• Love 5