Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Love the video and the mother seems to be having fun.  I wonder why Judy doesn't actually get up and do anything besides scream at them.  At least Kitty does more than the screaming.  She at least sketches out things physically even if she doesn't do it full out.

Maybe Judy can't  remember the steps.

• Love 1

Bummed Jenn K isn't coming back for her 5th year. I often wonder why 4 year vets don't go for the 5th season. But I guess it's not that uncommon.

I'll miss her even though her interviews rubbed me the wrong way sometimes.

Not surprised about Jessica and Danielle. I really felt like they were like Angela in S10. "I'm done when I hit 5" LOL.

I was surprised Melissa stayed for a 3rd year so I expected her to retire.

Glad Lacey and Erica decided to come back though. And thrilled to see KaShara and Robin come back for a third year.

Looking forward to the auditions. Will MTT be back again? ShellyB's comment to one of the questions made me think yes?

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 2

I do believe Season 12 will happen. And speaking of tryouts, training camp and Season 12, what terms/words will be use over and over again by Kelli, Judy, and the girls? I will start the list:

1. Pressure

2. I cannot believe I am a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.

3. I cannot believe I am in Training Camp.

4. I do not want to go home.

5. TC is harder than it looks.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I do believe Season 12 will happen. And speaking of tryouts, training camp and Season 12, what terms/words will be use over and over again by Kelli, Judy, and the girls? I will start the list:

1. Pressure

I made up this system, yes, no and maybe.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

1. Pressure

"It's now or never." 

"This is do or die."

• Love 3
14 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

Pastel

Noodle.

those kicks need to be higher

potential

*crying way too much!*

kitty's style of teaching is aggressive.

17 hours ago, SanLynn said:

Bummed Jenn K isn't coming back for her 5th year. I often wonder why 4 year vets don't go for the 5th season. But I guess it's not that uncommon.

Not surprised about Jessica and Danielle. I really felt like they were like Angela in S10. "I'm done when I hit 5" LOL.

Glad Lacey and Erica decided to come back though. And thrilled to see KaShara and Robin come back for a third year.

Looking forward to the auditions. Will MTT be back again? ShellyB's comment to one of the questions made me think yes?

I have always been a HUGE Erica fan! I'm a big fan of Kashara. My three favorite vets are those two and Kelsey. I hope Kelsey isn't on the bubble. 

I usually have at least a bit of an idea of who might be cut at finals, but this year I'm clueless.  Yuko, but it seems they really want her on the team,  it seems Selina hasn't been embraced, but she seems okay dancewise. Who knows???

• Love 2

Bummed Jenn K isn't coming back for her 5th year.

I'm not. It seems like every year they choose one cheerleader to over expose, and by the end of the year, I'm sick of seeing her. It also has to do with my own bias. I don't like to see one girl out of a team of almost 40 get most of the goodies. I realize that that one girl every year is a senior vet, and she's been around and has earned it, but it's boring and I wish they'd spread it around a bit more so we learn more about the others. It especially bothers me when there are several senior vets, but only one is highlighted again and again. Jenn had a good run, and I wish her luck, but I'm not sorry she's moving on. It's someone else's turn now. I wish Jenna was going with her, because I'm already over the Jenna show and I know this year will be all about her. I'm not looking forward to it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

I wish Jenna was going with her, because I'm already over the Jenna show and I know this year will be all about her. I'm not looking forward to it.

I don't remember Sydney (7 yrs) and Trisha Trevino (6 yrs)  being featured that much. Why Jenna? Is she a teacher's pet?

• Love 1

It benefits the team for Jenna to stay to have another very senior vet. When Trisha and Sydney stayed there were enough other upper vets. 

Probably because she is still pretty young and if life isn't pulling you in another direction, then you can do it as long as they will have you back. Plus she is still good friends with a lot of the girls on the team. If I really enjoyed the life and was still able to do it, why not? She has plenty of time to do other things but this window isn't open forever. I'm a Jenna fan haha. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I don't remember Sydney (7 yrs) and Trisha Trevino (6 yrs)  being featured that much. Why Jenna? Is she a teacher's pet?

They weren't. I think they'll keep Jenna because they have no legit reason to cut her in regards to dance, weight, dedication, leadership, etc., but think they're over her. 

It's gonna be the Holly Show next year.

• Love 2

You all are not kicking as one!

She does not have a HD face!

I have a lot to lose if I do not make it back to TC!

I never thought I would be in the DCC calendar!

One mistake can ruin the whole routine!

"We brought her on the team because she has potential!"  Kelli kiss of death of certain girls who try out again after one year and end up getting cut.

"Facebook is not your friend!"

"I do not want to keep yelling at _ and _ all year!"

"Step it up, dial it up!"

"We will pull the weeds out to get to the beautiful bouquet of flowers!"

"The girls are touching the fabric of their lives"!

"Melissa R. won Dancing With the Stars!"

"The three things I have accomplished in life is my family, winning DWTS, and getting Breelan on the team!"

yeah I'm over Kelsey.  I don't think she should have made the team in the first place (but yes she's pretty ... although Ashley from the Chiefs was prettier in the same manner IMHO).  Hmmmm ... maybe that belongs in unpopular opinion :)

• Love 2

"I want to show Kelli and Judy I belong on the team!"

"My dance career is on the line!"

"I am blessed to be on the team!"

"I am honored (fill in the blank.)"

"Miss Kitty is like a tornado!"

I actually have no idea who is trying out again besides the veterans. I hope Royesha? tries out again after taking more dance lessons and works on her kicks. She definitely says DCC to me because she is adorable and has potential (oops...I just use a typical DCC word.)

On 19/3/2017 at 1:37 AM, SanLynn said:

Well Jenn got point, group leader, showgroup, PB... There is no reason for her to come back after a great year, as her 5th wouldn't be as great. In the beginning of the season I was so over Jenn getting everything but now I see that she deserved everything she got and I'm going to miss her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Josreason said:

Rewatching season 7 and I am reminded of other Kelli-isms.  Lol "you are almost apologizing" "flirting with the floor" "we are looking for a team of wow" 

Flirting with the floor was used twice. Kelli said it about Ika and Melissa R or vet Megan C said it about Kelsey at that mini session she held for a few girls. Judy  said the Ika had a stick in her neck.

Kelli must have stolen the "fabric of their lives" comment from a Monsanto commercial.

Edited by MrsEVH
14 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Interesting. I didn't realize Milan has a younger sister Emily who is a freshman at TCU and on the TCU Elite dance team with Mia's sister Eden. I wonder if she has DCC aspirations.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFkZs3huHpo/?taken-by=milanbrahney

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGAUDxkOHkR/?taken-by=milanbrahney

I think that's how I would do it if I was a dancer. With any athletic endeavor there's risk of career ending injuries, but getting your education first and performance experience on a college team, then having your DCC team to give structure to your post grad life seems like a great way to go.

Especially if you can package it with (paid) internships and career builders like Melissa, or actually manage a full time job too.  You can live lean and mean in your 20's with roommates and cheap housing in a way that isn't sustainable as you get older.  It's not fun, but once you have square footage on your side it's hard to go back. 

For a dancer who doesn't have broadway or touring ambitions, it seems like such a great way to extend your dream and have a blast while doing it  

• Love 2
21 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

yeah I'm over Kelsey.  I don't think she should have made the team in the first place (but yes she's pretty ... although Ashley from the Chiefs was prettier in the same manner IMHO).  Hmmmm ... maybe that belongs in unpopular opinion :)

Kelsey is definitely a weaker dancer when it comes to DCC style. She just doesn't have that pop to me.

2 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Is this the first year in a while where every rookie has decided to try for a second year? 

Didn't every rookie from last season decide to try out again? They all (Kat) just didn't make it back if I'm not mistaken.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Hoping Caila tries out again but somehow I don't think she will

Omg...I don't remember a Caila. The only Caila I can think of right now is from Ben's season of the Bachelor which is really sad.

8 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

Dead.

Haha WAIT I JUST REALIZED THE CAILA THAT SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT LMAO I'm dead. This is all because I decided to watch Bachelor in Paradise.

24 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

This is so good that they do this on-field class. It levels the playing field, so to speak. I like when the girls are basically on the same level, so we can focus on more subtle nuances of them personally, as well as their showmanship and dance ability.

Thanks @ShellyB for participating in the interview for this article! THESE are the tidbits we love!!

They need to have MORE if not ALL of prep classes like this. Studio dance is one thing, but there's no difference in prep class vs. any other studio course in the DFW area. Having mini-field rehearsals similar to what the team does would really benefit those lost girls like Jenn said. Hopefully they'll incorporate this more with the Star being fully open next season.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Haha WAIT I JUST REALIZED THE CAILA THAT SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT LMAO I'm dead. This is all because I decided to watch Bachelor in Paradise.

Girl, please go click on the article that was posted about the field practice and see who one of the two people commenting on the article is...i'm dying.  He might actually be DCC's #1 fan LOL

Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Girl, please go click on the article that was posted about the field practice and see who one of the two people commenting on the article is...i'm dying.  He might actually be DCC's #1 fan LOL

But he claims the Texans cheerleaders are so much better -shrug-

On 3/20/2017 at 5:01 PM, MrsEVH said:

Flirting with the floor was used twice. Kelli said it about Ika and Melissa R or vet Megan C said it about Kelsey at that mini session she held for a few girls. Judy  said the Ika had a stick in her neck.

Kelli must have stolen the "fabric of their lives" comment from a Monsanto commercial.

In the season 7 episodes I watched she said it to Megan (holly Hubbard's friend with the big teeth) and Amy Caroline.