Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Racism is not a buzzword--it's reality. Not calling out racism is what allows it to perpetuate. If someone is telling me that something I've said implies racism, of course my first response is to get defensive and laugh it off, but it's far more helpful if I take that direction and evaluate myself and my words and actions.

Wonderful post.  I've had friends hesitate when asking a question about my culture and my response is "ask".  No problem.  Because I know your intention is likely based on curiousity and not meant to be offensive and I'm glad to explain. The only way we will move beyond is by talking and listening on both sides.   And if you haven't experienced the effects and don't understand the history and complexities and how it still plays a part in life, then you may not fully understand how a seemingly innocent comment can affect someone.  And by not taking your words and actions as deliberately offensive, I can just answer the question in an informative and non-confrontational way.  Then maybe we can talk and you understand more and i can also understand that not everyone and everything is coming from a dark place. 

Ty

• Love 9

Let's not get into the race and racism talk on here, I don't think it's a hole we want to go down.

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

Let's not get into the race and racism talk on here, I don't think it's a hole we want to go down

I agree actually. Just wanted to express my thanks for Marywebgirl's post and express my hopeful attitude that we can make progress.  But I'm done.  ?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Yeah, I'm taking this to small talk. Can't throw the rock and hide the hand.

Before this moves, I want to make it ? clear that I do not think Moni is racist or says racist things. This was one instance where I did thjnk 'oh, crap, she has no idea this might be seen as racism.' I'd rather have somebody tell me so I can stop it, then to be thought of as a racist. 

• Love 7

Well, this all went left.

Is Kyndall really trying out again? I honestly don't think she should and thought Kelli was wrong to encourage her to try again. She just really didn't look impressive.

• Love 4
59 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Before this moves, I want to make it ? clear that I do not think Moni is racist or says racist things. This was one instance where I did thjnk 'oh, crap, she has no idea this might be seen as racism.' I'd rather have somebody tell me so I can stop it, then to be thought of as a racist. 

I second @ Razzleberrypie thoughts. I don't think Our Moni is racist. She is a gut busting comedic ball buster. 

Big difference.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Well, this all went left.

Is Kyndall really trying out again? I honestly don't think she should and thought Kelli was wrong to encourage her to try again. She just really didn't look impressive.

I will be so curious to see.  I like her - I think she is pretty and sweet and professional - but she's never blown me away with her dancing and performing.  Apparently though she is a big favorite with Kelli.  I was told by TxStar that she was so serious about coming back this year that she asked K&J in her last meeting this past summer if she could take her boots so she could practice in them all year since her main screw ups were on the field...and they actually agreed which was a huge deal.  And now she's working at the Star with Kat...she certainly has kept herself visible. In that vein though, maybe she will decide she prefers working for the Cowboys in that capacity rather than stress of cheering. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

I will be so curious to see.  I like her - I think she is pretty and sweet and professional - but she's never blown me away with her dancing and performing.  Apparently though she is a big favorite with Kelli.  I was told by TxStar that she was so serious about coming back this year that she asked K&J in her last meeting this past summer if she could take her boots so she could practice in them all year since her main screw ups were on the field...and they actually agreed which was a huge deal.  And now she's working at the Star with Kat...she certainly has kept herself visible. In that vein though, maybe she will decide she prefers working for the Cowboys in that capacity rather than stress of cheering. 

WOW! They must really like her if she was allowed ro take her boots with her. I can't think of another TCC they would have let do that. I think she'd be the only TCC besides Megan F. to return a third time if she succeeds this year. Do you think Kat will try out again?

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think Kat is happy with her job at Cowboys Fit.

Good to hear. I always felt bad that she got evicerated at her panel inferview for her dress. When I think of what other girls have worn over the years, it seemed rather unfair to make an example of her. I know of at least one girl (Joana Liad) who wore a strapless dress but nothing was said then (that we saw). Then Charlotte claims she was "distinterested" in her interview when it was more shellshock then disinterest. I know Kat's close to 30 (or maybe already 30?) so she's probably mature enough to have moved on and flourished. 

• Love 5
On 2/26/2017 at 2:19 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Looks like the two Shellys are doing a "mock audition" the night before actual auditions. @ShellyB we would LOVE to see clips of the advice that you two give if CMT has plans to film?

I don't know if they are filming that night, sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. We do this clas every season the night before. It's just now our website reflects a description of every class and instructor. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

And let me also say, the word "ethnic" was in regard to FThat a basic-ass fast food stupid American restaurant could ever even be "ethnic" (meaning, in this case, FRENCH) and that french fries could be considered "french"!

Sure they are...remember when they were referred to as "Freedom" fries??? ;-) :-P

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I couldn't care less if anyone thinks I'm racist. It's the buzzword of the moment used for EVERYTHING. It's like "fetch" happened, but with "racist" instead. Meh. I'm just wondering what a "Black McDonald's" is lol.

The posts continue on this topic (see last few posts above).  Should the discussion be moved from the 2017 Tryouts and Training Camp thread to Small Talk/Non-Show Conversation?  

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

WOW! They must really like her if she was allowed ro take her boots with her. I can't think of another TCC they would have let do that. I think she'd be the only TCC besides Megan F. to return a third time if she succeeds this year. Do you think Kat will try out again?

Txstar said that they have done pretty much everything they can to set Kyndall up to succeed.  It's really up to her to get her head together so she doesn't crumble in the last couple of weeks.  

Again tho, txstar was a HUGE kyndall fan.  I don't doubt that they like Kyndall a lot but I'm cautiously optimistic about all of that haha 

I hope Kat sticks where she is.  In my opinion it's the best of both worlds! Being a part of the Cowboys family, getting to go to functions and events and meet people, but not having the stress of being a DCC. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

IF she does it for a 3rd time and makes TC, I hope she doesn't have the same attitude  Meagan F ( God rest her soul)  had thinking she was entitled to it. IF she somehow makes the squad, it would be a first for MTT.

• Love 2
(edited)
23 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

She does not have boots...as of right now Kyndall hasn't given any indication that she is auditioning this season. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 8
42 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

OMG we should do a Shelly fact check!! We have so many "facts" that I need yeah or nay on! Where's our list maker?!

Wait...I'm ttying to think of ones she can answer without exposing dcc inside business that's none of ours...

Is it true that kyndall was asked to meet with Melissa and said no thank you?

Is it true that some cheerleaders aren't featured on the show because they didn't want to be? (Opted out or would not sign a waiver)

Is it true that they don't to the full show group extravaganza for the USO anymore because someone (cassie? Brooke?) Was injured on tour one year?

Is it true Cowboys cover medical expenses/allow access to cowboys medical team for dcc injured on the job?

That's all I got right now.

22 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

@dccfan37 YOU'RE our immaculate, selfless list maker, aren't you???

Why hello there that's me!!! Trust me, I have my excel sheet ready for audition season! #crazylistgirl 

on that note, Taryn Thompkins (previous DSIG, current AAIA), is trying out for DCC

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ShellyB said:

She does not have boots...as of right now Kyndall hasn't given any indication that she is auditioning this season. 

Thanks for the info, ShellyB!

• Love 2
On 3/1/2017 at 4:33 PM, ATLGirl said:

She can always buy the boots. 

http://shop.dallascowboys.com/Cowboys-Catalog/Accessories/Collectibles/Cheerleaders/Dallas-Cowboys-Lucchese-Womens-Official-Cheerleader-Boot---Width-B

• Love 1
On 3/1/2017 at 2:56 PM, LaurenBrook said:

I was told by TxStar that she was so serious about coming back this year that she asked K&J in her last meeting this past summer if she could take her boots so she could practice in them all year since her main screw ups were on the field...and they actually agreed which was a huge deal.  

16 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Maybe they just agreed that her screw-ups were on the field :)

• Love 1

She could buy the replica boots, but the new boots were made by lucchesse so that they had a softer heel or something for better turns on the field I think

8 hours ago, ShellyB said:

For new girls, the deadline is May 1. For Vets, it was in February. 

I know there was a start to this but do we know who is NOT returning?  Is anyone who is currently in their 4th/5th year returning?  I have a few faves I'm praying return for at least one more year.

• Love 1
On 2/17/2017 at 2:57 PM, California Girl said:

I guess we can definitively say that Amy T, Bess, Danielle, Megan, and Melissa (though we do know that Jennifer K and Jessica are also retiring) are retiring since they are not pictured below at last week's squad practice with the guest choreographer/dancer.  

Everyone else is "still in the picture" as they say.  

(edited)

I don't see Jinelle; will she be back?

That leaves Jenna, Jinelle, Lacey and Erica as the most experienced (am I missing anyone), then that whole group that will be in their 3rd year, correct?  That seems to leave a big gap in DCC expereince (leadership and familiarity, not dance).

Edited by Originalroux
1 minute ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Is Kashara staying? Will this be her second year only if she stays? Seems like she's been there longer than that.

If she decides to reaudition, she'd be a 3rd year veteran candidate. 

Jinelle was at an appearance for Dr. Suess day yesterday, not sure if that's an indicator of staying or not though

On 3/1/2017 at 1:56 PM, LaurenBrook said:

I feel the need to add to Laurenbrooks' post. I DO remember in the last episode of last season that when Kyndall was shown leaving, walking in the parking lot, that she DID have a pair of Cowboy boots in her hands. Perhaps she doesn't have them now but she was shown leaving with them. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I'm SO incredibly sad about Danielle. I mean, TOTALLY get it. She's been doing this long enough, it seems incredibly taxing. But I'm one of those on here that thinks Danielle is just the end-all. I LOVE her. Name your baby Danielle, K?

I'll miss her too. She was a Jets cheerleader for 3 seasons, a Gotham City cheerleader (for NY Giants) for 1 plus a  DCC for 5. That's almost 10 years.

OT: Here's a list from ultimatecheerleaders.com of girls that cheered for 10+ years for one or more teams. Angela Rena is the first one; 13 years! 

http://ultimatecheerleaders.com/lists/decade-of-dance/

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

I feel the need to add to Laurenbrooks' post. I DO remember in the last episode of last season that when Kyndall was shown leaving, walking in the parking lot, that she DID have a pair of Cowboy boots in her hands. Perhaps she doesn't have them now but she was shown leaving with them. 

That could've been filmed out of sequence and pasted in there.

(edited)
5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

OT: Here's a list from ultimatecheerleaders.com of girls that cheered for 10+ years for one or more teams. Angela Rena is the first one; 13 years! 

http://ultimatecheerleaders.com/lists/decade-of-dance/

Mimi Kilpatrick is interesting, she cheered with the Buccaneers'85-'90 then '98-'02, that's one heck of a break!  I'm guessing married/had kids and came back.  Good for her!  If that picture of her is from her final year then even better for her, she looks great!

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

She got cut at the stadium, so she probably had to turn her things in to Valley Ranch (along with her practice uniforms).

• Love 3
(edited)

Or maybe she was required to take them home and clean them before returning them

Unlikely. If you cut someone from a team (any team) and allow them to walk away with any part of the uniform, chances are you'll never see that item again. Even if they've promised. Even if there have been dire threats.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2

I watched the scene of her getting cut again. She was walking out with a security guard with her so I'm guessing it was the correct scene. Obviously her teammates weren't waiting for her because they were still inside the stadium. Maybe she had to hand the boots off to the security guard.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I'm SO incredibly sad about Danielle. I mean, TOTALLY get it. She's been doing this long enough, it seems incredibly taxing. But I'm one of those on here that thinks Danielle is just the end-all. I LOVE her. Name your baby Danielle, K?

I would but... that's my name. It could get real confusing. 

14 hours ago, California Girl said:
On 2/17/2017 at 1:57 PM, California Girl said:

I guess we can definitively say that Amy T, Bess, Danielle, Megan, and Melissa (though we do know that Jennifer K and Jessica are also retiring) are retiring since they are not pictured below at last week's squad practice with the guest choreographer/dancer.  

Everyone else is "still in the picture" as they say.  

They are allowed to miss two Technique nights during off season.  So any given Tuesday the entire team may not be at class. 

Jennifer, Jessica, Danielle, Melissa, Megan, Amy T, Claire & Jax are not returning. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Jennifer, Jessica, Danielle, Melissa, Megan, Amy T, Claire & Jax are not returning. 

Thank you for this. Now, we don't have to wait to find out or speculate any further!

• Love 2

Going to be interesting with eight girls leaving. Seven spots open for Show Group this year (Claire was in Show Group I believe.) Now the million dollar question will be which vets trying out again might be on the chopping block at Finals. I cannot believe tryouts start in two months.

@ShellyB If a vet tells Kelli and Judy they are retiring in February, but she changes her mind, how long does she have to let Kelli and Judy know she was to re-audition again before tryouts start. Also will she be allowed to go on the Calendar Shoot.

I'm watching the episode with Kellie Pickler and Candice Romo where they eliminate Emily, Sheridan, and Brennan.  I really like Brennan! Does anyone have an update on her reauditioning? 

• Love 1

Brennan is trying out again. She's been going to Kitty's classes.

Any guesses on returning vets that might get cut? 

Do you think this will be a smaller entering class?

• Love 2