Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

That also may explain why Caila was tearing up in interviews even before tryouts (when the vets were learning the finals dance). She must've known that she wasn't at her best and was at real risk of being cut. I'm sure lots of us have had that feeling at some point or another, whether at work or in school, where you just run out of time (due to no ones fault but your own) to get everything in order/be prepared, and you just know that the upcoming test/review/whatever is not going to go well. It's an awful feeling. 

Agreed...and I also think her song choice for her solo was kind of telling. 

Take it as you will, but TxStar told me as well that Caila was already making comments at finals about 'well, here goes my last time dancing on the field' 'i'm the heavy cheerleader now' etc and just being kind of snarky about it...she said a lot of ppl were kind of shocked she would even say that but like you said, she prob went into auditions knowing it wasn't looking good. 

• Love 5

Mia's sister was cut at Prelims in Season 4. Lauren was cut at finals in Season 4. Amy Reese was cut during TC in Season 5. Rumors were floating around she was cut for being a party girl and a few of the favorites ratted her out for partying during the calendar shoot.

5 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I rewatched the first two episodes of season four especially for Mia and her sister.  It seemed to me that the expression on Mia's sister's face when they revealed the numbers was "Wait! Where's my number?  Isn't it up there?  Did I miss it?" then resignation that she didn't make it past semis for a second time.  I think that's when she decided not to audition again.  I thought she was pretty but didn't have the height or the looks for the DCC.  If she did, she might have moved on to at least semis even if her dancing wasn't all that.

In season 3 she did make it to semis. I think this is why she had that look on her face. I could spot her in the semi round several times. 

17 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I'm pretty sure the group 4 rookie with the bad behavior was Selina. I know Dalgal didn't say but back then I was still a lurker and based on the posts that she liked/didn't like it was easy to see that it was Selina. I still feel like they give you some indication of your chances for the next season and what you need to work on so if Selina goes on the calendar shoot it must mean she thinks her chances are good. Who even pays for those anyway? Why would they take someone like Morgan or Ashley pro, when there's a higher chance they won't make it back the next year? They can't use any of those pics, although some slip through right? I think Chelsea has a few pics in the page a day calendar or something like that. 

ugh which one is Selina again?

2 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Thanks! Sad but true .. totally don't even remember  her.

She wasn't shown at all during this season, even though she was a comeback girl. Some girls prefer not to be featured so I guess she decided not to be. 

Well since it is still early on this speculation thread can we have a poll? Who is one TC candidate that you would like to see try out again AND one TC candidate that you do NOT need to see try out again? 

My vote for a comeback is Bethany O. Granted the crabwalk Kitty made her do is stuff nightmares are made of but... I liked her in the uniform and I liked her dance ability.

My vote for NOT returning would be Celinda. I got the feeling she thought she was already on the team and didn't take corrections seriously. I was not surprised she got cut. 

• Love 2

I don't remember any TCCs that either didn't make the team or aren't Kyndall/Amy. I feel like they were super heavy on featuring just a few of the girls and most of those featured made the squad so.... I guess I would like to see some TCCs that I actually want to remember and want to root for instead of the same 3 stories over and over? 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, iwtv123 said:

Random question: does anyone know how long training camp is? Like when the last day usually is (approx)?

I want to say they go from end of memorial day weekend to mid august?

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I want to say they go from end of memorial day weekend to mid august?

1 hour ago, MaryWebGirl said:

It will likely depend on the Cowboys pre-season schedule, and those aren't out yet.

Random question: does anyone know how long training camp is? Like when the last day usually is (approx)?

8 weeks but not sure if that is 8 weeks of actual practice or just "2 months".  Don't they take a week off here and there for stuff?

Edited by DCCFanInKy
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I think I should do my own boot camp at the same time they're all training. I gotta get in shape, man.

I'm also looking to train - I've got a routine planned out with my bestie if you'd be down to make a MTT board group fit challenge!!! ?

• Love 5

The first meeting of training camp starts on June 5th. I honestly cannot remember the girls who were cut during TC last year. I do hope Jackie, who win the fan favorite vote last year, does not come back. She did not say DCC to me.

18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

The first meeting of training camp starts on June 5th. I honestly cannot remember the girls who were cut during TC last year. I do hope Jackie, who run the fan favorite vote last year, does not come back. She did not say DCC to me.

To me, she didn't have a natural warmth and approachability.  She's probably the sweetest thing, but that didn't come across.

• Love 1

Sheridan is my #1 that I hope makes it back to TC and then the squad.  I have only heard wonderful things about her, particularly that she is actually very funny and social and for some reason came out bland to K&J.  I wouldn't mind seeing Bethany O try again but I don't think she'd make it...they were not fans of her look (facial) and like she can change her face shape or the placement of her eyes lol 

I also don't think Jackie should come back or that really tall girl.  She seems sweet as could be but just not the right style. 

• Love 4
On 2/20/2017 at 11:03 AM, MrsEVH said:

Five are MDDs  Danyelle, Be!inda, Kelsey, Macy, Maddie are MDDs and one Saundra is a AAIA.

Ok "stupid question" What is "MDD" stand for? I don't live in Dallas or the USA so not very familiar with all USA sport teams etc.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Ok "stupid question" What is "MDD" stand for? I don't live in Dallas or the USA so not very familiar with all USA sport teams etc.

MDD- Marshalls Darling Deputies is the dance team for the Mesquite (now Dallas ) Marshalls arena football team. Khalyn and Selina were on the squad before becoming DCCs.

Abbreviations for other Texas dance teams: DMD- Dallas Mavs Dancers, DSIG- Dallas Stars Ice Girls, AAIA- Allen American Ice Angels, TLD- Texas Legends Dancers, TRD-Texas Revs Dancers, DSD- Dallas Sidekicks Dancers. These are the (more popular) dance teams girls usually audition for if they don't make the DCC. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Do the Star dancers no longer exist?  I thought one of the dance teams went away, not sure it was this one.

According to DalGal, Crystal the director of the Texas Star Dancers (former DCC) decided not to continue with it.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:23 PM, ByTor said:

Do the Star dancers no longer exist?  I thought one of the dance teams went away, not sure it was this one.

According to DalGal, Crystal the director of the Texas Star Dancers (former DCC) decided not to continue with it.

UPDATED:  Isn't that the same Crystal who did the Real Housewives Of Dallas show? Maybe that's why she discontinued  the TSD.

Because this 2017 Spoilers thread breathed new life into us I feel like... Lets be real we had a few boring months!  I have marathoned DCC: MTT  I marathoned season 6 today, and I just started season 11 back over because I was trying to remember the girls that I hope reaudition.  

I don't expect Jenna Allison to come back again, but it was nice to see her again.  I don't know where Kyndall's head is at but I honestly want her on the squad.  I'm still rooting for her.  Does anyone have any word on Royesha?  I loved her!!!!

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Josreason said:

Because this 2017 Spoilers thread breathed new life into us I feel like... Lets be real we had a few boring months!  I have marathoned DCC: MTT  I marathoned season 6 today, and I just started season 11 back over because I was trying to remember the girls that I hope reaudition.  

I don't expect Jenna Allison to come back again, but it was nice to see her again.  I don't know where Kyndall's head is at but I honestly want her on the squad.  I'm still rooting for her.  Does anyone have any word on Royesha?  I loved her!!!!

Did some snooping on her FB. She's in her 3rd season as a Portland Trail Blazers dancer

http://blazerdancers.com/bios/royesha-2017/#!slide_1

• Love 3

@TiaGrace, thanks for the link about Royesha! She definitely is my #1 rookie candidate who didn't make it to Training Camp who I want to see back and better. She does need to improve her kicks and splits, and tone up her tummy a *tiny bit for that unforgiving HD screen. But I think she's gorgeous, has a great performance presence, smarts, and the team player attitude I like. She and Maggie were filmed together during auditions, so I hope she gets some good pointers and encouragement from one of my favorite rookies of last year. Her Blazer page says she's never had ballet, and it shows, so if she's reauditioning (please do!), she should be hitting some technique classes regularly. 

I'm not a fan, but I don't see Tasha in jeopardy of getting cut and I would be surprised if she didn't reaudition, since her family relocated to DFW so she could be a DCC. Seems like a lot of upheaval for a single year of glory-be. 

I do think Kelsey could be on the bubble if her choreo pickup isn't significantly stronger, but given her lack of training, she clearly has a born-to-dance streak and it's possible she's improved greatly this year. I did see one video, though, of her in a dance class with Stephanie and Sheridan, and Kelsey was not killing it. She and Sheridan both looked soft and weaker, while Stephanie definitely was rocking the evening's choreo like a vet should.  

I'm eager to see who all goes on calendar shoot so we can know for sure who's reauditioning! Plus, I get my spring break beach trip vicariously and for free. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I'm not a fan, but I don't see Tasha in jeopardy of getting cut and I would be surprised if she didn't reaudition, since her family relocated to DFW so she could be a DCC. Seems like a lot of upheaval for a single year of glory-be. 

Did they move for her to be a DCC, or were they moving for her husband's job anyway? One interview they did gave the impression that it was the latter, only maybe she had to go early to audition.

Unclear, and a good question. I didn't think it sounded like the offer came before the desire to be a DCC, or rather, that's how the editing read to me. But we already know the editing made her also seem like this single mom we should cheer on in the first episode, so I don't know how to read any of that. 

50 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Did they move for her to be a DCC, or were they moving for her husband's job anyway? One interview they did gave the impression that it was the latter, only maybe she had to go early to audition.

The episode (just watched last night) made it seem like he got an offer to move here after she wanted to be DCC.  I think Mandy was the one whose significant other got a job offer and she decided to join him here.  

13 minutes ago, Josreason said:

,The episode (just watched last night) made it seem like he got an offer to move here after she wanted to be DCC.  I think Mandy was the one whose significant other got a job offer and she decided to join him here.  

Yes, it was her. She left her dance studio and moved to Texas. Don't know if she sold it or someone else took it over.

Edited by MrsEVH

I would be surprised if she didn't reaudition, since her family relocated to DFW so she could be a DCC.

That is not correct. Tasha's husband accepted a job in Dallas. She decided to audition after they made the decision to relocate.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1

This show always likes to make a point of people coming from near and far to audition.  If a girl was born elsewhere, they will always present that distant location as her home, even if she's been living in DFW since childhood. I've noticed this numerous times on the show. It's to the point where I'm skeptical whenever they make that announcement "Women came from 64 states and 500 countries to audition today!!" I don't understand why they feel the need to do that. Plenty of women do travel far to audition, without having to exaggerate the numbers. I guess maybe they figure it's part of the DCC mystique/pride.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

This show always likes to make a point of people coming from near and far to audition.  If a girl was born elsewhere, they will always present that distant location as her home, even if she's been living in DFW since childhood. I've noticed this numerous times on the show. It's to the point where I'm skeptical whenever they make that announcement "Women came from 64 states and 500 countries to audition today!!" I don't understand why they feel the need to do that. Plenty of women do travel far to audition, without having to exaggerate the numbers. I guess maybe they figure it's part of the DCC mystique/pride.

That’s true but what I think is most sad is the continual lie that over 500 women audition each season.  DCC auditions judge Kristi Scales, who writes for Star magazine, gave the real number a few years ago: 300.  Maybe, before the show, 500 - 1000 women auditioned to be on the team, but as well know, those days are over.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

OT:  I think it's cute that  Jackie Bob  has on her  Twitter   "California girl that found her way to Texas!!"

• Love 1

I was reading an article that Tasha's husband gave a small interview for and it said that he got a job offer in Dallas and he said "while we're here, why don't you audition?"

On 2/25/2017 at 11:22 PM, MrsEVH said:

Did some snooping on her FB. She's in her 3rd season as a Portland Trail Blazers dancer

http://blazerdancers.com/bios/royesha-2017/#!slide_1

She sounds like Tasha! :)

Where is your favorite place to eat in Portland?

I’m the absolute pickiest eater so pretty much anywhere I can get a sandwich, salad, or pizza and breakfast food! But I’m obsessed with Red Robin and Panera.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

For the love of everything.

Fave restaurant: I normally HATE ethnic food, but Burger King's french fries are SO good!!

Are you calling Burger King...ethnic? Maybe I read this wrong. ?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

YES! Because of the FRENCH. DUH! You spending too much time in front of that new fancy tv?!?

I was being facetious ;-)

Glad you clarified. You are aware of the "Burger King = Black McDonald's" stereotype? I never pegged you as racist, so glad for the clarification. Seriously.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

For the love of everything.

Fave restaurant: I normally HATE ethnic food, but Burger King's french fries are SO good!!

Haha!

Truth be told I actually like Red Robin, but I'd hardly call it my "favorite" anything.

• Love 1

This reminds me of the Andrew Firestone season of The Bachelor, where one of the contestants asked him his favorite restaurant, and then rephrased it to favorite restaurant chain.  I think he kind of stammered and she said hers is Olive Garden.  He said he doesn't eat there, to which she asked "You don't like Italian?"  She got booted that night, bless her heart.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Agreed. That's my only eye roll here. I DO like Maggiano's, Red Robin, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, etc. But FAVORITE?! Hell, I'd even give someone Cheesecake Factory. But OBSESSED with Panera!?! That's like saying

Favorite Color: Beige

I am obsessed with  Panera LOL but then again I'm from it's home StL where we still call it St. Louis Bread Company, or just Bread Co. No I get what you mean though my actual favorite restaurant is a stand alone not a chain. I always have to laugh though bc really we think these girls actually eat anything other than a few lettuce leaves at these places LOL

I want courtney from 2 seasons ago to tryout again. She was cut either the night before or the night they announced the team, and I really think she should have made it in the first place. I know she's focusing on school so I don't know if she has plans too. 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Wait, whaaaat? This is somehow racist ins someone's eyes LMAO!? DO help me out? I swear telling someone you like their hair is now an act of racism LOL!

Agreed.  I am honestly scared to say anything these days!! Really need the burger thing explained because i am completely lost on that one. 

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I couldn't care less if anyone thinks I'm racist. It's the buzzword of the moment used for EVERYTHING. It's like "fetch" happened, but with "racist" instead. Meh. I'm just wondering what a "Black McDonald's" is lol.

Racism is not a buzzword--it's reality. Not calling out racism is what allows it to perpetuate. If someone is telling me that something I've said implies racism, of course my first response is to get defensive and laugh it off, but it's far more helpful if I take that direction and evaluate myself and my words and actions. 

• Love 9