Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I always found Yuko weak and wondered why they loved her so much. I mean, she seems like a sweet girl, but that doesn't make her a good fit for the team. I wonder if it's the foreigner aspect. To keep the team "world class" maybe they try to get girls from other parts of the world? With Jinelle getting a bit long in the tooth and probably heading out the door soon maybe they wanted another "world" girl to fill her place. lol

I do feel like, sometimes, Kelli picks girls based on who she likes rather than who will fit the team best because some of these picks (Christina, Savannah) make me scratch my head in wonder.

• Love 4

And Kelli sometimes picks girls who have a ditzy interview. Remember when Justine Phillips stumbled all over a simple question about how her friends would describe her? Same thing with Trisha Trevino when she talked about keeping her uniform clean. I guess you really can out dance a bad interview.

2 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

No, paying your child’s college expenses if they work hard means they don’t have to start adulthood saddled with student loan debt. 

Agreed. I just paid the remainder of my DD' s student loan off. 

• Love 2

I have just started rewatching the season and I see at least two who should come back it's amazing to see the difference between the rookies from the first episode to the very last.  

5 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

No, paying your child’s college expenses if they work hard means they don’t have to start adulthood saddled with student loan debt. 

#TRUTHBOMB I know I'm lucky that my parents pick up what my scholarships don't cover. We all sacrifice now but better than a ton of debt later. My dad jokes we won't put them in a home bc we won't have debt and can afford aides when theyre old. Maybe we rely on each other like family is supposed to, but I feel sorry for parents to force their kids into debt because they won't help them.

My mom and dad come from big families where they saw how hard it was when parents couldn't help. Dad is the youngest and his oldest brother put him through school. Now that brother's son lives with my mom and dad so zero rent. He'll finish his residency with less debt bc family helps family. 

5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I always found Yuko weak and wondered why they loved her so much. I mean, she seems like a sweet girl, but that doesn't make her a good fit for the team. I wonder if it's the foreigner aspect. To keep the team "world class" maybe they try to get girls from other parts of the world? With Jinelle getting a bit long in the tooth and probably heading out the door soon maybe they wanted another "world" girl to fill her place. lol

I do feel like, sometimes, Kelli picks girls based on who she likes rather than who will fit the team best because some of these picks (Christina, Savannah) make me scratch my head in wonder.

Every single year at least one. She also sees the light and turns on them so CUTS. Charlotte won't let Yuko go anywhere tho.

• Love 4

Ok so finally caught up on the last few episodes and what I clearly do not get is why the hell did Jenna ask Shelly about point? Surely the "correct" person to ask is Judy or Kelli and Shelly was the "manager on duty" whilst Kelly and Judy and the rest of the vets was in Canton. No disrespect to Shelly but thats what I thought.

I also see Jenna now works as a sales agent. I wonder what company she works at in sales.

Is it me or did anyone else think that when CMT announced there was 13 episodes they would be showing some of the shows from the season like season 7 where they showed some of October preparation for the breast cancer half time? I didn't think it was only to show like parts of the first game etc. I hoped they'd have showed like an insight into the prep for one of the of the games with the extra episodes too.

Edited by Dcc fan
13 hours ago, Terri said:

Well the way I see it... Make your own way. Paying your child's expenses does nada for real life prep.  Good grades,bad grades, whatever. Make your own way. Paying your adult child's expenses leads them to rely on others. This is how my own were raised,  and why I'm brought to a site that discusses successful NFL ladies. In our world, its all about working your way up.

I don't believe that helping your kids financially ensures that they will be unable to cope with life on their own, unless you enable them in every other way as well. If you raise your kids with character and don't enable them in everything their whole life, then they should be more than prepared to handle life on their own. For me, the hardest part of being a parent is standing back and letting them suffer the consequences of their actions so they learn. There is a whole lot more to raising kids than who pays the bills. YMMV, of course.

2 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Ok so finally caught up on the last few episodes and what I clearly do not get is why the hell did Jenna ask Shelly about point? Surely the "correct" person to ask is Judy or Kelli and Shelly was the "manager on duty" whilst Kelly and Judy and the rest of the vets was in Canton. No disrespect to Shelly but thats what I thought.

Am I the only one who gets a chuckle out of the years we have been told that point means more to us on the forum than is does to the DCC and we make a bigger deal out of it then it really is....only to have an episode this season be all about "ZOMG POINT!"?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Not to mention that not only was her dance weak but in the first year esp she would have been very limited on being sent on any appearances where the cheerleaders were meant to talk or schmooze given that she could barely speak english. I can't see the DCC sending her out to talk to sponsors/donors with an interpreter.  as cynical as it sounds, with Yuko I definitely got the feeling that it was part that shes a very pretty girl and part that shes a WOC and so adds another level of diversity to a heavily white-skewed team.

2 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

I also see Jenna now works as a sales agent. I wonder what company she works at in sales.

Is it me or did anyone else think that when CMT announced there was 13 episodes they would be showing some of the shows from the season like season 7 where they showed some of October preparation for the breast cancer half time? I didn't think it was only to show like parts of the first game etc. I hoped they'd have showed like an insight into the prep for one of the of the games with the extra episodes too.

I viewed it as sorta the cowards way out - find out about point without (or so she hoped) Kelli or Judy finding out she was fishing about it.  K&J were hella pissed at her, asking them outright would have been to tap-dance over thin ice in concrete shoes. but Shelly might have told her without her having to go to the top and with K&J away there was a chance that K&J wouldn't know.  she was stupid, plain and simple. Im not remotely convinced that she'd have been given back point after Canton if she hadn't sent the text, but sending it sealed the deal that she definitely waasn't.  she was impatient, childish and entitled.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Glamourdoll said:

Am I the only one who gets a chuckle out of the years we have been told that point means more to us on the forum than is does to the DCC and we make a bigger deal out of it then it really is....only to have an episode this season be all about "ZOMG POINT!"?

Nope, you'e not! ;-)

• Love 3
7 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

#TRUTHBOMB I know I'm lucky that my parents pick up what my scholarships don't cover. We all sacrifice now but better than a ton of debt later. My dad jokes we won't put them in a home bc we won't have debt and can afford aides when theyre old. Maybe we rely on each other like family is supposed to, but I feel sorry for parents to force their kids into debt because they won't help them.

My mom and dad come from big families where they saw how hard it was when parents couldn't help. Dad is the youngest and his oldest brother put him through school. Now that brother's son lives with my mom and dad so zero rent. He'll finish his residency with less debt bc family helps family. 

Every single year at least one. She also sees the light and turns on them so CUTS. Charlotte won't let Yuko go anywhere tho.

Yes I clearly don’t agree with the school of hard knocks when it comes to saddling your children with debt. I personally believe that if you have kids, helping them pay for school is just part of the gig. My grandparents grew up during the depression, and they set the tone of our entire family- you pay for your kids education. We are a family of successful doctors, nurses, lawyers and business professionals. So I don’t buy into this belief that if you pay for your kids college, they’ll be dependent dead beats who can’t do anything in adulthood. ?

anyway. Sorry mods. Rant over. Back to DCC. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

To the bold: NOOOOOOOOOOO! :( 

On another note... I wonder if Kelli or Judy ever spoke to Kalyssa about her makeup? Girl is beautiful, but really applies the shadow and liner far too heavily. I wish she would tone it down a bit and let more natural beauty show through. Maggie, Stephanie, and Kelsey should both also put down the eyeliner, Cersten could use some eye-brow tweezing tips (less is more!), and Kelli (cheerleader, not director) could really just wear less makeup overall as she's looking a tad "severe" (the culprit might be plastic surgery as well here?). 

Personal Makeup Favs: Jinelle, Lacey, Lauren, Rachel, Robyn, Savannah, and Simone. Other ladies: take tips!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Yes I clearly don’t agree with the school of hard knocks when it comes to saddling your children with debt. I personally believe that if you have kids, helping them pay for school is just part of the gig. My grandparents grew up during the depression, and they set the tone of our entire family- you pay for your kids education. We are a family of successful doctors, nurses, lawyers and business professionals. So I don’t buy into this belief that if you pay for your kids college, they’ll be dependent dead beats who can’t do anything in adulthood. ?

anyway. Sorry mods. Rant over. Back to DCC. 

Agree to disagree. Hard work doesn't mean you now qualify to have your bills paid. Hard work is expected generally speaking. College students have the privileges of adulthood. In my opinion  that means welcome to adulthood and all that comes with it. 

16 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Hard work is instilled. Not rewarded.

16 hours ago, ByTor said:

Good for her! Would you mind sharing what team?

Nope but suffice to say- she experienced as much as can be as an NFL cheerleader. Traveling, representing abroad, all that one young lady can fit into a 6 year time span. Ending her time with the highest accolade the NFL has to offer.  It doesn't matter the team, or the time put in- hard work for the right organization WILL pay off. To any dance moms out there... Let your girls experience rejection. Let them lose. Make them aware of the cost of dance lessons. And when they tell you..."I'm auditioning for the ______...cheerleaders!!! Support them by being present..believing in all the hard work they've put in.. But for the love, don't send them to a big city with all bills paid, no concerns in the world but making the team. It WILL NOT WORK long term. Trust me. 

6 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

Jenn K and Emma have performed pre game again today. Are we to assume one is now permanently filling in for Alexandria? Or are two people still injured? 

I'd swear I saw Simone dancing so she seems to no longer be injured.  I can't remember who the other injured dancer was from before.  Khalyn??

5 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I'd swear I saw Simone dancing so she seems to no longer be injured.  I can't remember who the other injured dancer was from before.  Khalyn??

Yeah Simone was performing! Emma was in the same position as previously so I think it’s the same girl. Yes Khalyn was the other injured. Jenn k must be in for Alexandria then! 

On 10/29/2017 at 11:56 AM, Kiki88 said:

I noticed Jenna doesn't have DCC on her bio info on Instagram. Now it's one of those Glory to God,family >everything . She has always been all DCC all the time and today posted a pic with the hashtag "going back to Cali" could be just visiting but I'm guessing she knows she is not going to be coming back and is preparing to move on. I wonder if she will continue cheering for a California team 

I noticed the "DCC" title being removed from her bio too. Wonder why she removed the title only half way through the season? Did she quit? (one can hope ??)

Jinelle and Jenna, maybe Cersten, Simone and Amy.  Alexandria took herself out of the running.  I always thought she was going to be a one-and-done anyways and this was her year.  I doubt she'll be back to try again.  Christina will most likely be a one-and-done as she seems to be the top pick across the board as the weakest girl on the team.  She's also the top pick for the one who shouldn't have made it and that, if Holly and Erica hadn't left/been let go, WOULDN'T have made the squad.  Savannah will likely blossom into a decent team member so I doubt she'll leave for another couple of years.

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

Jinelle and Jenna, maybe Cersten, Simone and Amy.  Alexandria took herself out of the running.  I always thought she was going to be a one-and-done anyways and this was her year.  I doubt she'll be back to try again.  Christina will most likely be a one-and-done as she seems to be the top pick across the board as the weakest girl on the team.  She's also the top pick for the one who shouldn't have made it and that, if Holly and Erica hadn't left/been let go, WOULDN'T have made the squad.  Savannah will likely blossom into a decent team member so I doubt she'll leave for another couple of years.

I was thinking maybe Lacey as well but idk she may come back for year 5 

59 minutes ago, adukesantana said:

Quick question: Are the women only considered alumni and invited to alumni events if they retire, and not been cut from the team?

I think the girls who are cut are considered alumni as long as they finished a whole year as a DCC.

On 11/9/2017 at 7:51 PM, EricaShadows said:

I hope not Simone...one of my faves!

• Love 1
On November 5, 2017 at 6:41 AM, ByTor said:

That's good to hear, @Terri, you hear so much negativity about NFL cheerleading that's it's good to hear from someone who had positive experiences (which was why I was curious about the team).

If you are humble and keep your contract agreements, there should be no problem. Unfortunately many young ladies these days were  raised to believe they are talented therefore untouchable. Everyone is replaceable. The NFL serves up chances to prove yourself.  I've watched this process first hand and unless your dancer has a thick skin... Don't encourage it. In my experience...hard work and authenticity is key. Be true to the team you hope to represent. Know your football knowledge. IF you believe in the process.... You will achieve. 

• Love 1
On 10/31/2017 at 11:39 PM, Katherine1904 said:

I do agree that the year she had an injury at auditions she should have been considered for being cut if she was unable to perform the kick line and jump split. Only other person I can think who also received that ‘pass’ was Danielle in her second year I believe when she injured her foot. 

As far as the Taylor situation, Allie also reprimanded Taylor for not being grateful and say yes mam Thankyou. I think that may have just been something the cameras don’t usually show- im sure leaders do give corrections and make tough remarks if they feel a girl isn’t trying hard enough. CMT probably showed it due to Taylor’s reputation within the team as standoffish and carefree. 

Wasn't the Taylor situation started by Judy herself? I seem to remember Judy saying she saw Cassie being "itchy" when she (Judy) was critiquing Taylor and told Cassie to say it out loud. So in my mind that means Cassie did not want to say it out loud but it was Judy that "made her" (Cassie) say it out loud in front of the group. Because I remember Judy telling Cassie "say it." and Cassie words were "really? In front of everyone?"  and I remember Judy reply to that was basically "Say it in front of everyone to hear"

Thats what bothers me when people say it was Cassie who decided to speak up and be nasty to Taylor, when I remember it was Judy who made Cassie say it when it seem like Cassie was questioning whether to say it out loud in front of everyone. I am not going to defend Cassie but seems strange to me that people forget that to mention or ignore the fact Judy had a hand in telling Cassie to say whatever she has to say in front of everyone.

Yes Cassie should not have said it out loud in front of everyone, but whose to blame? Her for saying it out loud or Judy for noticing Cassie was "being itchy" when she was giving Taylor feedback and telling Cassie to say it in front of everyone when Cassie was like "really in front of everyone?"

Also I forgot someone saying that Kelli Quinn having her dcc twitter handle as @dcc_KelliS instead of just having it at @Kelli. Well I can understand her dcc handle as @dcc_kelliS, because there is already a twitter handle for someone else with the @dcc_kelli, which was created in 2011. I mean didn't DCC start (and @shellyb correct me if I am wrong on this) giving the cheerleaders their DCC twitter handles in 2012?

Edited by Dcc fan
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

I mean didn't DCC start (and @shellyb correct me if I am wrong on this) giving the cheerleaders their DCC twitter handles in 2012?

Not sure of the exact year, but Twitter handles are under the Social Media Department’s control. FB and Insta are personal.

On 11/27/2017 at 3:10 PM, Dccfanwithaloha said:

May have missed it...but who are the 10 on the domestic USO your this year?

I saw Selina Tess Khalyn Simone Lauren chantel Kelsey savanna jinelle and Maggie are going I couldn't get the picture smaller to post 

Edited by Holly85
57 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Selina, Simone, Khalyn, Kelsey, Savannah, and Chantel are not Show Group members. Show Group girls are the ones who go on the USO tours.

57 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Selina, Simone, Khalyn, Kelsey, Savannah, and Chantel are not Show Group members. Show Group girls are the ones who go on the USO tours.

If I knew how to make the pic smaller I would post it 

• Love 1
On 11/23/2017 at 5:41 AM, Dcc fan said:

Wasn't the Taylor situation started by Judy herself? I seem to remember Judy saying she saw Cassie being "itchy" when she (Judy) was critiquing Taylor and told Cassie to say it out loud. So in my mind that means Cassie did not want to say it out loud but it was Judy that "made her" (Cassie) say it out loud in front of the group. Because I remember Judy telling Cassie "say it." and Cassie words were "really? In front of everyone?"  and I remember Judy reply to that was basically "Say it in front of everyone to hear"

Thats what bothers me when people say it was Cassie who decided to speak up and be nasty to Taylor, when I remember it was Judy who made Cassie say it when it seem like Cassie was questioning whether to say it out loud in front of everyone. I am not going to defend Cassie but seems strange to me that people forget that to mention or ignore the fact Judy had a hand in telling Cassie to say whatever she has to say in front of everyone.

Yes Cassie should not have said it out loud in front of everyone, but whose to blame? Her for saying it out loud or Judy for noticing Cassie was "being itchy" when she was giving Taylor feedback and telling Cassie to say it in front of everyone when Cassie was like "really in front of everyone?"

Also I forgot someone saying that Kelli Quinn having her dcc twitter handle as @dcc_KelliS instead of just having it at @Kelli. Well I can understand her dcc handle as @dcc_kelliS, because there is already a twitter handle for someone else with the @dcc_kelli, which was created in 2011. I mean didn't DCC start (and @shellyb correct me if I am wrong on this) giving the cheerleaders their DCC twitter handles in 2012?

I totally agree with the Cassie situation with Taylor...and she still gets a lot of hate for it years later. I feel bad for her receiving so much hate for nothing. With that being said I don't think she should have made her 5th year. Danielle on the other hand deserved her pass. He injury wasn't so bad.   

• Love 1
On 11/23/2017 at 5:41 AM, Dcc fan said:

I totally agree with the Cassie situation with Taylor...and she still gets a lot of hate for it years later. I feel bad for her receiving so much hate for nothing. With that being said I don't think she should have made her 5th year. Danielle on the other hand deserved her pass. He injury wasn't so bad.   

Despite Judy calling her out to say something, Cassie's "itchiness" still was likely to catch Judy's attention.  That sort of "itchiness", to me, is wiggling around or some other repeated unusual movement which is bound to catch attention, especially when all the other girls are sitting relatively still.  So Cassie DID want to say something and couldn't hold herself still.  However, I do agree that Cassie had the sense not to just blurt it out and that Judy was the one to call on her.  I don't think Cassie wiggling like a schoolkid wanting to get attention is "nothing", but I'll watch that episode again to make sure I'm not assigning blame or hate to the wrong person.

42 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Despite Judy calling her out to say something, Cassie's "itchiness" still was likely to catch Judy's attention.  That sort of "itchiness", to me, is wiggling around or some other repeated unusual movement which is bound to catch attention, especially when all the other girls are sitting relatively still.  So Cassie DID want to say something and couldn't hold herself still.  However, I do agree that Cassie had the sense not to just blurt it out and that Judy was the one to call on her.  I don't think Cassie wiggling like a schoolkid wanting to get attention is "nothing", but I'll watch that episode again to make sure I'm not assigning blame or hate to the wrong person.

No, you're right. Personally, I just don't think it was that big a deal considering Cassie was actually there to see what was going on and decided to be the "bad guy." Can't sugar coat everything. I do however think there could have been a better way for her to convey that message, but sometimes stuff just has to be said the way it is.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

No, you're right. Personally, I just don't think it was that big a deal considering Cassie was actually there to see what was going on and decided to be the "bad guy." Can't sugar coat everything. I do however think there could have been a better way for her to convey that message, but sometimes stuff just has to be said the way it is.

After rewatching the episode, I agree with this.  What Cassie did wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered it, and really if anyone is to be "blamed" it's mainly Judy IMO.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1