Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

58 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

For those interested in numbers and statistics like I am, went through all the twitters to see who’s most followed. Rookie twitters will have been up a week tomorrow, so I find it interesting to see who’s grabbed attention or at least has a good support system. Long post ahead, sorrynotsorry. Rounded to the nearest hundredth. 

Ironicaly enough, GL are in order as their group number. 

Jenna 25.8

Jinelle 17.7

Lacey 11.9

Kashara 9.8

Amy and Chantal 8.5

Stephanie 8.0

Bess (Elizabeth) 7.6

Simone 7.4

Kelsey 6.9

Maddie 6.7

Robin 6.4

Maggie 6.3 

Tasha and Heather 5.4

Kelli 5.1

Tess 4.9

Milan 4.8

Yuko and Selina 4.4

Jessika 4.2

Cersten 4.0

Khalyn 3.8

ROOKIES

Kalyssa 1.3

Lexie 1.2

Lauren 1.2

Christina 1.1

Alexis 1.1

Savannah and Tara 1.0

Molly 892

Gina 820

Keyra 812

Rachel 651

Miranda 625

Wow, this is really interesting.  Thanks for posting!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Has Cassie been on this show this season? I don’t recall either.

16 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

She was a part of the alumni mentor episode. 

2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Yes, and she so did not need to be there. She had nothing to offer and was not even very nice to the girls.

1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I’ve never liked Cassie because she oozes bitchiness, evidenced by her remark about “laying down the law.” 

Is she the one who went on about something like, "it's okay not to be best dancer, the prettiest, always smiling ... it's okay to be the one to enforce the rules/lay down the law if that's who you are"?

After I said I didn't remember seeing her this season, I thought back over the episodes and thought, is she the one who said the crap above and, yea, it was her. But then I thought, no, maybe that was Melissa. Must have been Melissa (when in doubt, blame Melissa ?). So that was Cassie? Was that the only time she was on?

(I obviously just discounted whoever said it at the time and rolled my eyes because it is a bunch of crap.)

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, hannahbanana said:

Is she the one who went on about something like, "it's okay not to be best dancer, the prettiest, always smiling ... it's okay to be the one to enforce the rules/lay down the law if that's who you are"?

After I said I didn't remember seeing her this season, I thought back over the episodes and thought, is she the one who said the crap above and, yea, it was her. But then I thought, no, maybe that was Melissa. Must have been Melissa (when in doubt, blame Melissa ?). So that was Cassie? Was that the only time she was on?

(I obviously just discounted whoever said it at the time and rolled my eyes because it is a bunch of crap.)

Yep, it was her. She didn’t even annoy me that much in the episode, but that comment. .....girl please! She can not be smiley and “lay down the law” because Kitty, nor anyone else, is gonna go to Judy and Kelli and talk about Cassie’s bad attitude. I’m not a ”I’m just so happy to be here,” fake-smiley person either, so I feel her on that, but other girls don’t have the luxury to not put on their happy faces at all times. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

While I was kind of shocked at the venom for Cassie & Lennon that came out here over Lennon getting her picture taken with the squad, I saw this on Cassie's insta while looking for Lennon's age and was flabbergasted. It's one thing to go on a board & blast her for things you don't like, but to actually go on her facebook FOUR years after she was on the squad and rant at her? Just why?Screenshot_2017-11-01-07-32-34.thumb.png.fdcb49f7baf008dab5cb7c3fd1771cf0.png

This is absolutely disgusting. I can't believe someone would say these things about someone who they've probably never met, don't know outside of watching MTT (based on their statement that they were "watching DCC"), etc. It's a show, folks, you don't get to see every single second of every single day for every single girl. Shows are edited like crazy to fit time constraints,  keep things flowing, etc. I don't understand how anyone could think they know who Cassie is as a person based on snapshots from a reality show. 

I'm glad Cassie can pretend laugh it off online at least, although I'm sure on a personal level this has got to sting. This type of bullying, anywhere, on any platform, is just wrong. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Acromantula said:

This is absolutely disgusting. I can't believe someone would say these things about someone who they've probably never met, don't know outside of watching MTT (based on their statement that they were "watching DCC"), etc. It's a show, folks, you don't get to see every single second of every single day for every single girl. Shows are edited like crazy to fit time constraints,  keep things flowing, etc. I don't understand how anyone could think they know who Cassie is as a person based on snapshots from a reality show. 

I'm glad Cassie can pretend laugh it off online at least, although I'm sure on a personal level this has got to sting. This type of bullying, anywhere, on any platform, is just wrong. 

When people go on a show they take the chance of that happening.  This is a forum where people can express their opinions on the show and DCC overall.

• Love 1

I think this year has just come as a massive shock to everyone including Kelli and Judy. They lost so many amazing dancers (arguably some of the best they’ve ever had) eg Megan, Holly, Melissa, Erica etc. They lost 3 strong and senior group leaders , had issues with the fourth. They had three scandals, a rookie cheerleader retire only a short time into the season. 

I’m hoping this gives them guidelines for next year in regards to vets at auditions and who to put in leadership positions 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

This is Tasha's first husband. She wasn't married when she had her daughter. There was some big to-do about it because she got pregnant when she was Miss Teen Utah or something like that and had to give up her crown. I think it was talked about in the season 11 threads somewhere.

Tasha was married before, back in 2011. She would've been around 20 at the time. Her first husband's name is Dallin. I don't know how long it lasted. There are photos on this website, but you have to click the links to view them.

IMG_0055b.thumb.jpg.a1eddcafb7e976459beb224b3ea7c1e4.jpg

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Tasha was married before, back in 2011. She would've been around 20 at the time. Her first husband's name is Dallin. I don't know how long it lasted. There are photos on this website, but you have to click the links to view them.

IMG_0055b.thumb.jpg.a1eddcafb7e976459beb224b3ea7c1e4.jpg

Ah, didn't realize she had been married before. I just remembered her having to resign her crown because of the pregnancy. Apparently, she never took his surname or went back to her maiden name after the divorce (further making me think there was no other marriage).

A reminder: The Be Civil rule applies to your fellow members.  It does not apply to the show, the characters, the cast, etc.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody that is related to the show as long as it does not violate site rules, i.e. is racist or homophobic etc. You can disagree without demanding they explain or persuade you. You can also disagree without lecturing or scolding. A few posts have been removed for scolding, and there have been quite a few that were bordering on being uncivil to posters. Also, the Ignore function is your best friend. 

Let's stop talking about how mean people are and talk about the current squad even though it says Training Camp. There's a reorganization upcoming, we're just ironing a few things out since training camp is clearly finished now. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Not sure but this was tweeted this morning....

6D117A97-EB88-43D4-B3AE-33859681FB13.jpeg

The fans? Or Jenna, Holly and Erica? 

I really wonder what the ratings would have been like without all the drama. Probably still high, I just find this season so much less interesting than the older season I rewatch on my DVR (Sunni's rookie season.). 

My friend at work got married in February to a nice lady from Indonesia. He has gotten her into our American Football, but she doesn't love the Cowboys as much as he does. I suggested he introduce her to this show. If she doesn't love the team, maybe she'll love the DCC instead!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

I think this year has just come as a massive shock to everyone including Kelli and Judy. They lost so many amazing dancers (arguably some of the best they’ve ever had) eg Megan, Holly, Melissa, Erica etc. They lost 3 strong and senior group leaders , had issues with the fourth. They had three scandals, a rookie cheerleader retire only a short time into the season. 

I’m hoping this gives them guidelines for next year in regards to vets at auditions and who to put in leadership positions 

I was thinking about this the other morning when I was getting ready for work - this season was a total shit show!!  All's well that ends well but good lord.  It really does make me miss the glamour girls of the mid-2000s.  I think the team does better when the girls are more mid to late 20s and even early 30s rather than 18-19-20 years old, just in terms of overall maturity.  And then there were those high neck tops.. 

• Love 3
On 10/31/2017 at 10:18 AM, cherryblossom said:

I think the headshot was Lauren

The headshot is Kalyssa. I think the photographer used it as a "wow factor" example for the girls to mirror to get a good expression on their faces during the photo shoot.

8 hours ago, Glamourdoll said:

I really wonder what the ratings would have been like without all the drama.

What I'd be interested in seeing is how the ratings have been over the years.  If I'm remembering this correctly, CMT announced they were doing this season fairly late, so I'd think last year's ratings weren't all that great.  If they've steadily been on the decline, then yes, I think you're onto something that the drama is what brought people this year.  I bet next season there will be a good number of viewers for the finals episode to see what vets get cut (because we all know there will be a few).

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Acromantula said:

Cassie seemingly has pretty thick skin. I think it probably bothered her at first, but it's definitely something she can just laugh at now.

10 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I guess Kelli changed her mind on loving Tess's curly hair!

LOL she did the same thing with Paige

10 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Cassie seemingly has pretty thick skin. I think it probably bothered her at first, but it's definitely something she can just laugh at now.

LOL she did the same thing with Paige

You definately have not seen trolls at work.  Our top rated news show in our city has a huge online presence with comments.  Those comments are often done by trolls who say those people who were out shopping late at night deserved to get hit by a car.  Why weren't they home.  They say malicious things about people they don't know because this is the only life they have, spending hours online making rants about people they don't know or in the case of FB do know often in an attempt to make their life seem important etc.  Our news team got smart and turned off all commenting.  Just search for groups about a great TV program you watch and you will see people who are willing to tear down virtually anything on the show to color of nail polish, to how some speaks to even disabilities.  It is awful.  I am glad besides this group, I only belong to one other which is fan based and has very clear rules about what will be tolerated.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

You definately have not seen trolls at work.  Our top rated news show in our city has a huge online presence with comments.  Those comments are often done by trolls who say those people who were out shopping late at night deserved to get hit by a car.  Why weren't they home.  They say malicious things about people they don't know because this is the only life they have, spending hours online making rants about people they don't know or in the case of FB do know often in an attempt to make their life seem important etc.  Our news team got smart and turned off all commenting.  Just search for groups about a great TV program you watch and you will see people who are willing to tear down virtually anything on the show to color of nail polish, to how some speaks to even disabilities.  It is awful.  I am glad besides this group, I only belong to one other which is fan based and has very clear rules about what will be tolerated.

So very true. The lack of humanity people can display online is hard to comprehend. 

10 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I was thinking about this the other morning when I was getting ready for work - this season was a total shit show!!  All's well that ends well but good lord.  It really does make me miss the glamour girls of the mid-2000s.  I think the team does better when the girls are more mid to late 20s and even early 30s rather than 18-19-20 years old, just in terms of overall maturity.  And then there were those high neck tops.. 

Hee.  Love it! I agree, the mid 2000 girls seemed to have more POW for me.

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

What I'd be interested in seeing is how the ratings have been over the years.  If I'm remembering this correctly, CMT announced they were doing this season fairly late, so I'd think last year's ratings weren't all that great.  If they've steadily been on the decline, then yes, I think you're onto something that the drama is what brought people this year.  I bet next season there will be a good number of viewers for the finals episode to see what vets get cut (because we all know there will be a few).

Good point! It would be interesting to see how this season stacks up overall and by episode; especially those episodes that featured Holly/Jenna.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Glamourdoll said:

The fans? Or Jenna, Holly and Erica? 

I really wonder what the ratings would have been like without all the drama. Probably still high, I just find this season so much less interesting than the older season I rewatch on my DVR (Sunni's rookie season.). 

My friend at work got married in February to a nice lady from Indonesia. He has gotten her into our American Football, but she doesn't love the Cowboys as much as he does. I suggested he introduce her to this show. If she doesn't love the team, maybe she'll love the DCC instead!

ugh, whats the betting that if there's another season, they'll assume the high ratings is because of the new drawn out format and excess of hangers on like Ramos and MRS? WHY OH WHY ARE EITHER OF THEM EVEN ON THE SHOW??

5 hours ago, Glamourdoll said:

So very true. The lack of humanity people can display online is hard to comprehend. 

Hee.  Love it! I agree, the mid 2000 girls seemed to have more POW for me.

Good point! It would be interesting to see how this season stacks up overall and by episode; especially those episodes that featured Holly/Jenna.

Anonymity seems to cause some people to leave their humanity at the door. 
Most of them would never dream of saying thaat crap out loud.

• Love 4

Kelli is not going to like that one. If she tries out again, I am sure Katelyn will be called out on her costume. Seriously....some of these girls need to look up the word "humility" in a dictionary and practice acquiring that quality long before doing  jump splits.

Edited by tinabee1967
2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

ugh, whats the betting that if there's another season, they'll assume the high ratings is because of the new drawn out format and excess of hangers on like Ramos and MRS? WHY OH WHY ARE EITHER OF THEM EVEN ON THE SHOW??

Anonymity seems to cause some people to leave their humanity at the door. 
Most of them would never dream of saying thaat crap out loud.

For real!! I was actually wanting to see more Jay this season. At least with him, you pretty much know what to expect. Melissa needs to move onto other ventures and Ramos needs to go find some random show on E!

• Love 3
On 10/29/2017 at 6:08 PM, PrincessLeia said:

This just isn’t true. My parents saved and made sacrifices so I didn’t have to work my way through college. I was admitted into a top tier university and kicked ass, because I was able to focus 100% on my studies. I made plenty of mature decisions, and knew there would be consequences if I screwed up. 

And honestly, who cares about what Holly’s parents did for her- whatever consequences she faces in life are her problems. You sound kind of bitter. 

The difference is that you were super dedicated to school---you had an outlet for your time. I think one of the biggest problems with Holly-type situations is that there is a LOT of free time. Let's be realistic---our brains don't stop growing until we're 25 and until then, not everyone makes great or logical choices. There are exceptions, of course, but I think Holly would have been better off had she been in school or gotten a job. Something with a purpose beyond the DCC which clearly didn't fill enough of her time. 

• Love 4

Oooooh, where's that wish list of things for next season again? Can I add that it would be great to NOT have a guest choreographer ever single episode? Instead, how about focusing more on the girls learning the actual dances and getting to watch them rehearse a whole dance from start to finish (I think this has been requested before, but I'm adding my support for it)? How about those zillions of "tags" that we keep hearing about the rookies having to learn? 

I really enjoyed the part in the last (or 2nd last?) episode where the Team Leaders were practicing picking tags after 3-5 seconds of a song and then the whole group joining in right away. I don't watch any sports, and I didn't realize they had to do this. It definitely impressed me--despite all the funny pom waving and booty wiggling, cheerleading really does take a lot of memory power, musical/rhythmic ability, recall skills, and plain 'ol fearlessness. I'd like to see more of that!

Oh, and solos. WHERE can you see full solo routines of all the cheerleaders? Or at least the top 5-6 routines? They aren't very long, and the little clips I see on Youtube are really interesting! 

• Love 5
On 11/1/2017 at 8:34 PM, missmansfield said:

When people go on a show they take the chance of that happening.  This is a forum where people can express their opinions on the show and DCC overall.

....that's the moral equivalent of blaming victims for someone else's bad behavior.  "She was asking for it by doing/saying/wearing [insert justification here]."

• Love 6
3 hours ago, raindancer said:

....that's the moral equivalent of blaming victims for someone else's bad behavior.

There are ways to  help prevent yourself from becoming a victim,; it's not assigning blame, it's assigning personal responsibility. HOWEVER... short of not auditioning for DCC, there's nothing the people on this particular reality show can do prevention wise.  I guess they can ask to not be featured, but they'll still be seen at some point, and sometimes that's all it takes for the mean comments to begin. 

On 10/31/2017 at 1:26 PM, ByTor said:

We also shouldn't dress them in a way that would make a pedophile happy.

Nope, sorry, that isn't how pedophile's operate. It's not about what a child wears, it's about how the child looks. Age/hair color/body type/development stage---that is what attracts a pedophile. She/He could be in a bathing suit or a burka and it wouldn't matter. Pedophile's aren't like rapists---it's not the thrill of the hunt or the showing of power, it's being literally wired to find their 'type' attractive. 

Victim blaming isn't okay, sexualizing a toddler isn't okay and there is literally wrong with her costume. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Nope, sorry, that isn't how pedophile's operate. It's not about what a child wears, it's about how the child looks. Age/hair color/body type/development stage---that is what attracts a pedophile. She/He could be in a bathing suit or a burka and it wouldn't matter. Pedophile's aren't like rapists---it's not the thrill of the hunt or the showing of power, it's being literally wired to find their 'type' attractive. 

Victim blaming isn't okay, sexualizing a toddler isn't okay and there is literally wrong with her costume. 

You can't see body type/stage of development better when a kid is in an inappropriately revealing costume?  Not quite sure what a rapist has to do with this.

NOBODY, literally nobody, is doing victim blaming or shaming or whatever the shit the PC way to say it is, it is called personal responsibility, and if there is a way to protect yourself (and your child) you do it, period.  If you don't want a toddler sexualized, you don't put said toddler in a costume similar to one that sexualizes adults.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Kelli is not going to like that one. If she tries out again, I am sure Katelyn will be called out on her costume. Seriously....some of these girls need to look up the word "humility" in a dictionary and practice acquiring that quality long before doing  jump splits.

I think she looks pretty, I don't see anything wrong with it.  It is no more revealing than what the DCC wear on a regular basis.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

You can't see body type/stage of development better when a kid is in an inappropriately revealing costume?  Not quite sure what a rapist has to do with this.

NOBODY, literally nobody, is doing victim blaming or shaming or whatever the shit the PC way to say it is, it is called personal responsibility, and if there is a way to protect yourself (and your child) you do it, period.  If you don't want a toddler sexualized, you don't put said toddler in a costume similar to one that sexualizes adults.

I realize you may only want to see your side of the conversation, but it's just not factually accurate in terms of pedophilia. And no, being able to see the development doesn't make the mind of a phedo stop or start; they're already doing it and you don't even know it. You could literally be standing next to them in a grocery store and you would never know unless they acted on it, but trust me, they've already considered your child in every twisted fantasy imaginable. 

"Personal responsibility" claims are exactly why victim shaming is socially acceptable and why criminals walk. We'll simply have to agree to disagree.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, frenchtoast said:

There is a topic for the Current Squad. This is to discuss this past summer Training Camp. 

Thank you.

I'm old and set in my ways. Change is scary.

Thanks for a MOST interesting preseason and season fellow forum posters. The show sucked, but the forum was super fun!

• Love 4
On October 30, 2017 at 7:58 PM, missmansfield said:

I was glad Ashley got cut.  There was something about her I could not stand.

In it for the wrong reason. These ladies are dancers with a love of performing but in this particular niche you have to be passionate about your team. 

• Love 1
On October 29, 2017 at 8:57 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

I think we’re talking about two different Ashley’s here. Ashley Paige? with dark hair was the Kansas  City girl, and blond Ashley Pro was the cut DCC. 

Ashley paige nearly made DCC but was the last TCC cut. She returned to KC Chiefs auditions. Chiefs said nope. She returned to DCC again only to be grilled about her allegiances to both teams. She confirmed that DCC was her dream but after communication between organizations she was freed of both teams. 

On October 30, 2017 at 0:44 AM, NMDD43 said:

Maybe she is going to Cali to be roomies with Holly ?

Hmmmm, interesting. This could totally explain all the KaShara love this season. Edit Erica out of the show AND glorify KaShara because Erica dumped all over her.

I like it.

Don't apologize! We are all different and your opinion is just as valid as anyone elses. I understand where you are coming from. I am the kind of person that would quit my job in a heartbeat for a family emergency, which is exactly what I did when my brother and dad died 20 days apart 2 years ago. My sister on the other hand, total opposite. She couldn't imagine quitting her job and some how balanced it all, and she did it successfully and with no regrets. To each their own ❤

I love your insider info! Please tell us more! 

They rode Ashley Paige hard and this totally explains why. Was her sob story during her panel interview about an ex-fiance in Kansas true? Or was she just making up excuses to explain why she kept bouncing back and forth from KC to TX?

Yes. But either way, we all deal with life challenges. Yes. She wanted to continue her career with the NFL, just not for the right reasons. 

• Love 2
On October 29, 2017 at 10:05 PM, SimplePleasures said:

Your full disclosure is not correct.  There are 32 teams in the National Football League.  Twenty-six teams have cheerleaders.  The six teams without cheerleaders are the Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers (the Packers do employ a collegiate cheer team for home games), New York Giants, Chicago Bears, and Pittsburgh Steelers. 

Meaning ... OF the NFL teams that have cheerleaders... Buffalo Bills unfortunately are the latest casualties. 

On October 29, 2017 at 10:30 PM, PrincessLeia said:

That’s fair..... your original post appeared to insinuate that anyone who received parental help couldn’t cut it in the real world. If you were talking about NFL cheerleaders specifically, then that’s my mistake. I personally can’t believe anyone’s parents would support their daughter well into their twenties to cheer in the NFL. My parents would laugh at me! 

On October 29, 2017 at 10:30 PM, PrincessLeia said:

That’s fair..... your original post appeared to insinuate that anyone who received parental help couldn’t cut it in the real world. If you were talking about NFL cheerleaders specifically, then that’s my mistake. I personally can’t believe anyone’s parents would support their daughter well into their twenties to cheer in the NFL. My parents would laugh at me! 

College vs elective opportunities such as the NFL? Nope. When my child decided to make the NFL her goal, she had to find a way to incorporate it into her college studies+work. This is the equation to a young lady that just might be a stand out NFL cheerleader. 

• Love 1
On October 29, 2017 at 7:33 AM, Lunacat said:

Wow to the above, sounds juicy! Was Ashley Paige cut for good due to the bouncing back and forth between KC and DCC?

She just couldn't commit. 

• Love 1
On October 29, 2017 at 11:54 AM, MrsEVH said:

Well stated. DH and I did the same for our daughter when she was in college.

Well the way I see it... Make your own way. Paying your child's expenses does nada for real life prep.  Good grades,bad grades, whatever. Make your own way. Paying your adult child's expenses leads them to rely on others. This is how my own were raised,  and why I'm brought to a site that discusses successful NFL ladies. In our world, its all about working your way up.

Edited by Terri
  • Love 1
On 10/27/2017 at 6:48 PM, cgloss said:

With Alexandria gone, I'll be interested in seeing the new formation. Didn't someone say they put the strong dancers on the ends? Looking at this, that seems to hold.

Also, I can't believe how far up the triangle Cersten and Maggie are after one year!

I'd have said the same about Kelli S too. I know shes in line behind Maggie/Cersten. But still when (for example) Yuko is so far back from some of her fellow rookies just screams "weak dancer" to me when others in her rookie class is higher up in the triangle than her.

7 hours ago, Terri said:

When my child decided to make the NFL her goal, she had to find a way to incorporate it into her college studies+work.

Good for her! Would you mind sharing what team?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Terri said:

Well the way I see it... Make your own way. Paying your child's expenses does nada for real life prep.  Good grades,bad grades, whatever. Make your own way. Paying your adult child's expenses leads them to rely on others. This is how my own were raised,  and why I'm brought to a site that discusses successful NFL ladies. In our world, its all about working your way up.

No, paying your child’s college expenses if they work hard means they don’t have to start adulthood saddled with student loan debt. 

• Love 10