Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On 10/28/2017 at 1:49 PM, MrsEVH said:

KaSahara said something about  her parents doing everything they can to keep her in TX. I assume that would be  supporting her or paying her rent.

Do you mean girls who said they'd retire and not go on the shoot?  They were able to change their mind about coming back and then go on the shoot? I would think that would cause problems.

Made the decision to retire, then changed their minds & did not go on the shoot. But it’s not a flippant decision. They have to schedule a meeting with K & J and discuss the reasoning behind wanting to change.

The shoot used to take place after auditions and then girls were invited...sometimes rookies were included, not always all vets. Once the time frame of travel changed because of sponsors, etc., the focus changed to vets that were reauditioning. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TexasTater said:

Two things I noticed after re-watching the finale cracked me up and I wanted to see if anyone thought they were funny too. During the team photo they briefly showed the back of someone’s head and I guess they have thin hair bc they had clips holding her back hair forward to make it look fuller. So she had a big part right down the back of her head and another girl pointed it out to the camera. Man that got me, those beauty tricks!

So when the girls were walking off the field I think after the meet the team performance, there was a shot of about 4 hind ends close up at eye level. One girl had cheeks hanging out, wish I could think of a name for this body part where butt cheek meets leg and makes a crease...anyway and two girls’ shorts were hanging down loose. It just made me laugh bc those “custom” shorts are all over the place!

Full disclosure: I did have to pause my dvr at a precise moment to catch these lovely tidbits...it was a slow weekend, ha!

Oh my goodness, as a thin-haired goddess (chortle) I have wondered what they do to disguise it since almost everyone on the team seems to sport Kardashian-strength locks. Tara would be the only outlier who springs to mind--poor girl's hair is not only thin but really damaged looking. Anywhoo, I realize there is such a thing as extensions, but if your hair is very thin they just won't work/be easily disguised/blend in. 

Also, the butt shot--I saw that too!! Especially the girls with the loose shorts...they looked really ill-fitting and unflattering, almost like mini boxer shorts from the back. Bad, bad, bad!

1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

That would be GLUTEAL SULCUS for $500, Alex. (I got an A in A&P woot woot!) No thutts on this team.

Lololol A+ comment! This made me laugh out loud :D 

• Love 2
On 10/28/2017 at 11:46 PM, NMDD43 said:
On 10/28/2017 at 11:31 PM, raindancer said:
On 10/28/2017 at 9:48 PM, Law Mom said:

Maybe a preseason episode featuring performances from throughout the year?

LOVE this idea!!!!  Pretty please, @ShellyB??

Love this idea too!! An episode or two to show us how the season actually went for the girls we just watched make the team. Performances, games, calendar shoots, and over all info about the team, vets and rookies alike (including injuries, roster changes, All-Stars filllng in, etc).

I can pass along...of course we have to see if the show is picked up, and what the producer creates for a season 13. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Kiki88 said:

I noticed Jenna doesn't have DCC on her bio info on Instagram. Now it's one of those Glory to God,family >everything . She has always been all DCC all the time and today posted a pic with the hashtag "going back to Cali" could be just visiting but I'm guessing she knows she is not going to be coming back and is preparing to move on. I wonder if she will continue cheering for a California team 

Maybe she is going to Cali to be roomies with Holly ?

7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I heard she was a lazy ass group leader with a bad attitude who dumped all of her responsibilities on Kashara. Major diva behavior.  My impression is that drinking the beer was just the final nail. 

Hmmmm, interesting. This could totally explain all the KaShara love this season. Edit Erica out of the show AND glorify KaShara because Erica dumped all over her.

I like it.

4 hours ago, sATL said:

let agree to disagree regarding my earlier comment. I removed it. Like someone said everyone handles a family health news different.  I guess my family who yes, has had its share of tragedies (and we are going through one right now as someone was just admitted to hospice care) are just not in a position to quit jobs/schooling/activities - perhaps b/c my family is so deep and wide and many other reasons ( ie financially). That is great that the majority is able to do so.

Don't apologize! We are all different and your opinion is just as valid as anyone elses. I understand where you are coming from. I am the kind of person that would quit my job in a heartbeat for a family emergency, which is exactly what I did when my brother and dad died 20 days apart 2 years ago. My sister on the other hand, total opposite. She couldn't imagine quitting her job and some how balanced it all, and she did it successfully and with no regrets. To each their own ❤

3 hours ago, Terri said:

Yes Ashley was pro bowl for KC Chiefs. She left KC for "her job", and showed up at DCC auditions. She was the last training camp candidate to be cut. After the DCC let down, she returned to KC stating that she now had clarity and this was her home. She was shown the door basically. She then went back to DCC declaring that this was an unfinished dream. (Can't make this stuff up). DCC once again took her into training camp basically for drama. Kelly grilled he rover her "allegiances", Ashley cried and was eventually let go due to basically not being authentic. 

I love your insider info! Please tell us more! 

They rode Ashley Paige hard and this totally explains why. Was her sob story during her panel interview about an ex-fiance in Kansas true? Or was she just making up excuses to explain why she kept bouncing back and forth from KC to TX?

• Love 3
13 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Just when you think all the weeping and 'I've tried for five years' nonsense was over, Christina will be on the podcast. prepare for more waterworks

Ick. She is the last person who should be asked to speak more than needed. That clicking noise her mouth makes when she talks makes my ears bleed. #drinkwaterorsomething

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Ick. She is the last person who should be asked to speak more than needed. That clicking noise her mouth makes when she talks makes my ears bleed. #drinkwaterorsomething

I couldn’t put my finger on it until someone on this board said Christina has ‘mayonnaise mouth’ .

• Love 1

What is Judys actual job? She’s the choreographer but from I can see everything is choreographed by everyone but her. The changes to thunderstruck Shelley confirmed the upper vets re choreographed. Michelle keys did Handclap and Sarah I has done one of the other quarter change routines. What does Judy choreograph? 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Your full disclosure is not correct.  There are 32 teams in the National Football League.  Twenty-six teams have cheerleaders.  The six teams without cheerleaders are the Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers (the Packers do employ a collegiate cheer team for home games), New York Giants, Chicago Bears, and Pittsburgh Steelers. 

Slight correction. The Packers use two different college cheer teams for home games. UW-Green Bay and St. Norbert College.

3 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

What is Judys actual job? She’s the choreographer but from I can see everything is choreographed by everyone but her. The changes to thunderstruck Shelley confirmed the upper vets re choreographed. Michelle keys did Handclap and Sarah I has done one of the other quarter change routines. What does Judy choreograph? 

Someone said a while back that Judy is more like artistic director for the team. That title seems like a better fit in terms of the actual scope of her job.

2 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

Judy DOES other aspects of choreography other than getting up and creating dances.

• Love 1
Just now, Katherine1904 said:

Such as? I assume she choreographs the tryout combo but so you have an other examples? 

She puts together the sequences (placement wise), she helps perfect the choreography (or ensures that the timing is right with the sequences;  I'm sure she even revises some of the sequences), she directs rehearsals, she provides instruction, she has a say/hand in show group music/wardrobe etc..

While we haven't seen her create or get up and demonstrate or teach an actual dance since she was first named choreographer, her duties still fall in line with that of a choreographer.

As far as the tryout combo, perhaps she does help in some capacity, but she does not do it herself.

• Love 2
On 10/29/2017 at 10:07 AM, CaseyRe said:

I just hate the mentality that because you've tried for something for a few years that you somehow deserve it. that you should make the team or get the job or whatever just because you've tried out a certain number of times.  that's not how life works. and she acts like she spent every day for fiive years trying out.  she's just so mawkish and I can't stand it. every time the camera was on her, it was 'i've tried for five  years' blah blah. WE GET IT.   personally it just made her look kinda pathetic and desperate.  I know she was probably prompted to keep saying it, because she was this years 'reject made good' story but yeesh enough already

22 hours ago, Acromantula said:

Interesting...well, if this is the case I am glad that Kashara has now been given the chance to shine for all her hard work. That girl really comes across as so relatable and sincere. When she was tearing up over what her parents had done to keep her in Texas, and what being Point meant to her...I'm not sure about you guys but I believed every word. The team really needs someone leading by example with a genuine appreciation for what it means to a) not only make the team but, b) to be a true leader and team player within it. 

I was never a huge fan of Kashara until now. This season has brought out who she is as a person and as a leader. I'm really impressed. Sincere, mature, humble, powerful. An awesome combination of qualities in a DCC.

I was annoyed by Christina's constant yammering about having worked so hard for five years. I agree with the commenter above. It's not a given that you make the squad. Some people make it on their first try. And then some people try out year after year and they don't get a spot on the team. Can we say, Miranda James, Meagan Flaherty, et al.? Sadly, Meagan died of cancer last year. So tragic.

I agree with others and would like to see less of Anthony Ramos. He bores me, he's irrelevant. Also, I'd like to see more of Michelle Keys, and less of the country stars like RaeLynn and Kacey Musgraves. Again, it's about relevance. Michelle Keys is relevant to the DCC. I don't need to see female country stars to keep me watching "Making the Team," you know? It's gimmicky, comes across as counterfeit, manufactured.

One prediction: Lexie Sullivan is going to be your breakout DCC Rookie from this season. She's got a fantastic look, strong technique, and she's well spoken. Mark my words, she'll be leading the triangle when Kashara retires!

• Love 8
20 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think we’re talking about two different Ashley’s here. Ashley Paige? with dark hair was the Kansas  City girl, and blond Ashley Pro was the cut DCC. 

Ashley Pro (blonde) made it to TC twice. She was cut the 1st time but made the DCC the  2nd time

Ashley Paige (brunette) made it to TC only once but never made the team. Came back 2 years later and only made it to finals ( no TC).

I guess not all Pro cheerleader directors are okay with their squad members auditioning for other squads.  Seems like all the Jets girls and the 2 Aussies ( Angela & Jinelle) had their director's blessing

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Maven said:

One prediction: Lexie Sullivan is going to be your breakout DCC Rookie from this season. She's got a fantastic look, strong technique, and she's well spoken. Mark my words, she'll be leading the triangle when Kashara retires!

I think both Lexi and Alexis are two of the most beautiful DCCs that we’ve had in a long time. Kelsey is beautiful also, but before her the only girls who stood out to me were Holly Hubb, Kinzie, Kelsi Reich to name a few. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Maven said:

My money is on Tara.

• Love 1

Agree to both above. Tara and the former Mavs are definitely the strongest rookies in the bunch. I hope Tara at least stays for 3 years, but after cheering for the Jets she may have a shorter tenure. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Maven said:

I was never a huge fan of Kashara until now. This season has brought out who she is as a person and as a leader. I'm really impressed. Sincere, mature, humble, powerful. An awesome combination of qualities in a DCC.

I was annoyed by Christina's constant yammering about having worked so hard for five years. I agree with the commenter above. It's not a given that you make the squad. Some people make it on their first try. And then some people try out year after year and they don't get a spot on the team. Can we say, Miranda James, Meagan Flaherty, et al.? Sadly, Meagan died of cancer last year. So tragic.

I agree with others and would like to see less of Anthony Ramos. He bores me, he's irrelevant. Also, I'd like to see more of Michelle Keys, and less of the country stars like RaeLynn and Kacey Musgraves. Again, it's about relevance. Michelle Keys is relevant to the DCC. I don't need to see female country stars to keep me watching "Making the Team," you know? It's gimmicky, comes across as counterfeit, manufactured.

I had actually never heard of RaeLynn or Kasey Musgrave until this show.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I think it makes more sense to think of Judy as the Head of Choreography rather than Head Choreographer.  

She's the department head.  She oversees and approves all the dances/dancing and makes sure it's in line with the DCC brand.

• Love 9
On 10/29/2017 at 5:03 PM, PrincessLeia said:

I heard she was a lazy ass group leader with a bad attitude who dumped all of her responsibilities on Kashara. Major diva behavior.  My impression is that drinking the beer was just the final nail. 

Well THAT explains a lot.  Dumping her responsibilities on Kashara and Kashara replaces her as a group leader.  If that's not karma I don't know what is.

I don't know Kashara of course, but she seems very sweet and humble.  I think she would make a better leader than Erica anyway.

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Agree to both above. Tara and the former Mavs are definitely the strongest rookies in the bunch. I hope Tara at least stays for 3 years, but after cheering for the Jets she may have a shorter tenure.  

Tara and Savannah were with the Jets for 3 years.  She might go a couple of years. Danielle was with the Jets for 3 years and she went to 5 with the DCC plus an All Star.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Terri said:

Yes Ashley was pro bowl for KC Chiefs. She left KC for "her job", and showed up at DCC auditions. She was the last training camp candidate to be cut. After the DCC let down, she returned to KC stating that she now had clarity and this was her home. She was shown the door basically. She then went back to DCC declaring that this was an unfinished dream. (Can't make this stuff up). DCC once again took her into training camp basically for drama. Kelly grilled he rover her "allegiances", Ashley cried and was eventually let go due to basically not being authentic. 

I was glad Ashley got cut.  There was something about her I could not stand.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Well THAT explains a lot.  Dumping her responsibilities on Kashara and Kashara replaces her as a group leader.  If that's not karma I don't know what is.

I don't know Kashara of course, but she seems very sweet and humble.  I think she would make a better leader than Erica anyway.

The only things I’ve ever heard about Kashara from people who know her, or know people that know her, is that she is very sweet, very humble, a hard worker, and just a genuinely good person.

I’ll never understand all the hate she gets on these boards. The Holly/Cassie/Tasha etc hate? I get why they’re polarizing. But Kashara? I don’t get it! 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

The only things I’ve ever heard about Kashara from people who know her, or know people that know her, is that she is very sweet, very humble, a hard worker, and just a genuinely good person.

I’ll never understand all the hate she gets on these boards. The Holly/Cassie/Tasha etc hate? I get why they’re polarizing. But Kashara? I don’t get it! 

Yeah I don't get it either. I also don't get the Tasha hate. She seems sweet and seems to love her family. I also don't get the Christina hate. She's not the strongest and I think she should count her lucky stars for making the team, but she's cute and I don't find her annoying. 

Just remember that when they are interviewed about their life and backstories, a producer is standing there and asking them questions, even though you don't see or hear the producer. They are the ones probably asking them 'how many times have you auditioned?' or twisting the questions some way to get Tasha to talk about her daughter and why she is auditioning blah blah blah. 

My boss is currently being filmed for a Australian reality tv show and the film crew was in the office last week. They mic'd us up and interviewed us. The producer knew exactly what questions to ask and which way to phrase them to get exactly the answer they wanted. And would then re-ask the question again and again in different ways if we didn't answer the way they wanted.

They're cunning! 

• Love 10

It's rather hilarious that, while several of the girls are laughing at Lennon's reactions, others are still staring at the camera WITHOUT any reaction (Tasha, Heather O, most of the girls from fourth row up).  It's in Lennon's best interest to avoid the dance studio at all costs UNLESS she goes willingly and under her own power.  I can see Cassie as pushing Lennon into dance to the exclusion of almost everything else as in "You WILL join the DCC when you're old enough or ELSE!" when all the poor girl wants to do is play fast pitch or rugby or some other sport.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

God, no one wants to see Cassies kid.  Go away!

I'm not a kid person, so I don't find it cute at all.  I think she did the same thing in last year's squad photo.

To me Stephanie's face looks like she's doing an "awww" as if she thinks it's cute.  I imagine Tasha is thinking "Whew, so glad that's not MY kid!" And Gina kinda looks like "just ignore it, take a picture of meeeee" :)

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm not a kid person, so I don't find it cute at all.  I think she did the same thing in last year's squad photo.

Me neither sister!  The custom made baby uniform bugs me.  Like in 16 years the nepotism will be alive and well.  Ugh.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

To me Stephanie's face looks like she's doing an "awww" as if she thinks it's cute.  I imagine Tasha is thinking "Whew, so glad that's not MY kid!" And Gina kinda looks like "just ignore it, take a picture of meeeee" :)

I agree- I am not a kid person AT ALL.  I never did want them.  I will stick to my pets.

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

Me neither sister!  The custom made baby uniform bugs me.  Like in 16 years the nepotism will be alive and well.  Ugh.

Did you guys notice the camera pan to Cassie and her kid during the friends and family event in the final episode? Gag.

• Love 5

Lennon is so adorable. She is doing what most kids would do if someone was wanting them to sit still and smile. Cassie is a great mom and I think its cute that she is trying to capture an image just like when she was her age in the photo with the DCC. That will make some great photo grouping for the living rooms to have all 3 generations in a squad photo in the blue and white, even if one is screaming and running away!   Love it!  I am a fan of Cassie and love her goofy side and I know if Lennon does not want to be in dance or cheer, her mom will embrace whatever that little girl takes an interest in.   ⛑️???

• Love 10
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I am kinda a kid person, I adore my 2 daughters (not so much other people's kids if they are bratty) and I find this nauseating. You had your time in the sun, Cassie, it's OVER! Let Lennon go home and eat Play-Doh and watch Spongebob, FFS! 

Lennon is so adorable. She is doing what most kids would do if someone was wanting them to sit still and smile. Cassie is a great mom and I think its cute that she is trying to capture an image just like when she was her age in the photo with the DCC. That will make some great photo grouping for the living rooms to have all 3 generations in a squad photo in the blue and white, even if one is screaming and running away!   Love it!  I am a fan of Cassie and love her goofy side and I know if Lennon does not want to be in dance or cheer, her mom will embrace whatever that little girl takes an interest in.   ⛑️???

I will agree to disagree with you. To me it just looks like she is taking advantage of who her mother is. This should be about the girls who worked to make the squad this year, this is THEIR moment, and Cassie is usurping it for her own personal want. Where are the other former DCC's with their kids? This shoot isn't about making a nice grouping for Cassie, they can schedule that at Sears.

I actually don't hate Cassie, I think she seems to have a happy life, and I think that's great. I have no doubt she is a fun and loving mother. But even the best mother and person can hit a wrong note. For me, this is one of those.

Edited by Glamourdoll
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

The look on Stephanie’s face is AMAZING 

Stephanie looks like she got a whiff of something stinky.

And I will forever have a hard time remembering that kid’s name isn’t actually ‘Lemon.’

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Glamourdoll said:

I will agree to disagree with you. To me it just looks like she is taking advantage of who her mother is. This should be about the girls who worked to make the squad this year, this is THEIR moment, and Cassie is usurping it for her own personal want. Where are the other former DCC's with their kids? This shoot isn't about making a nice grouping for Cassie, they can schedule that at Sears.

THIS.  We've been told in the past how hard on the girls the squad photo is, given that they have to stand there forever as they tweak each little thing and take countless shots.  To make all 36 of them pose EVEN longer just so a bratty grandchild can be foisted upon them for a photo op is incredibly selfish and entitled.  

• Love 12
3 hours ago, missmansfield said:

God, no one wants to see Cassies kid.  Go away!

It's so obnoxious how they dress her up in a little DCC uniform and bring her to squad photo day.  Basically boasting about their nepotism and entitlement to the DCC in front of all those girls who actually had to work hard to make the squad.  

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

It's so obnoxious how they dress her up in a little DCC uniform and bring her to squad photo day.  Basically boasting about their nepotism and entitlement to the DCC in front of all those girls who actually had to work hard to make the squad.  

YES. Let these ladies have their moment.  Cassie...take your bratty spawn and go away. We’ll see enough of her in 16 years, talking about how she has to “prove she can make the team on her own, not because of her mom.” $20 says there will be a director’s chair with the name “Cassie” sewn into it by the time that kid goes to tryouts too.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I agree- I am not a kid person AT ALL.  I never did want them.  I will stick to my pets.

You are not alone.  The maternal instinct never reared its ugly head in my life toward babies.  I knew as a teenager in a cash-strapped family that it takes money to properly raise children and that I never wanted to be a parent.  My husband and I are childless by choice.  However, my Boxer dog, Riley, is spoiled rotten.  He's better behaved than some people's children.  I devote many hours and dollars on animal welfare issues.  People issues....not so much.

Edited by SimplePleasures
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SimplePleasures said:

You are not alone.  The maternal instinct never reared its ugly head in my life toward babies.  I knew as a teenager in a cash-strapped family that it takes money to properly raise children and that I never wanted to be a parent.  My husband and I are childless by choice.  However, my Boxer dog, Riley, is spoiled rotten.  He's better behaved than some people's children.  I devote many hours and dollars on animal welfare issues.  People issues....not so much.

Very few people in my family/town ever understood why or believed I would never have children.  I just never had the desire.  I think some women have them just because they "are supposed to" to make a complete family.  But I do have 12 dogs and parrots.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Did you guys notice the camera pan to Cassie and her kid during the friends and family event in the final episode? Gag.

No!  Now I'll have to rewatch.  I don't dislike Cassie, but honey, your glory days are over!

• Love 3