Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
bigskygirl

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, ByTor said:

Why is that 1st blonde on the left not wearing shoes?  ewwww

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking "gross." Like..who does that?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

They're in a dance class. Pretty common to not wear shoes during class. Sometimes it's required to be in your bare feet. She's not on the street, so not gross. She could also be between changing shoes and snapped a pic. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

If I remember correctly, a lot of modern dance classes require you to be in bare feet or, at most, a small shoe-like thing that goes over the ball of your foot to aid in turns.   Still, if that were the case, all of them would be barefoot so I'm going with she was caught while in the middle of changing shoes.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Dance is gross. Dancers have gross shoes, feet, tights, etc. Sweat, friction, bacteria, etc = dirty. Then pile on makeup. This girl isn't doing anything unusual or out of the ordinary. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Wonder if Megan "I literally feel like a loved one just died because I didn't get to semis" is re-auditioning.

I tweeted and asked her and she said absolutely not lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

If I remember correctly, a lot of modern dance classes require you to be in bare feet or, at most, a small shoe-like thing that goes over the ball of your foot to aid in turns.   Still, if that were the case, all of them would be barefoot so I'm going with she was caught while in the middle of changing shoes.

I have ripped through many a pair of foot undies in my day!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Not sure why it's gross. The DCCs have been shown barefoot in that same studio during technique classes with Kitty and guest choreographers.

It's gross to me because it's a public place. It's like when girls walk barefoot in the club. Again. TO ME. Alot of people don't mind bare feet if they aren't in the house. I'm one of those that do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

It's gross to me because it's a public place. It's like when girls walk barefoot in the club. Again. TO ME. Alot of people don't mind bare feet if they aren't in the house. I'm one of those that do.

Okay. I wasn't finding issue with your opinion. That's fine. I have an opinion too, and I was stating it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

I'm letting people reveal in their own time. I have a feeling one or two might have their minds.

 

 

I mean this is the most genuine, non-snarky possible way - do your friends know you post on here? Or have they tried to find out who the anonymous one is in their midst? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Guest

The dance place by the blood draw place that I go to has a policy that all shoes remain outside which makes for easy targets for people who steal, but no shoes allowed in the studio at all.

Share this post


Link to post

What was the girls name from North Carolina last year, who Kelly thought had an underbite? I liked her. I wonder if she will try out again 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Dare I ask which vets we think may be walking the tightrope for cuts?

If they re audition; Selena, Tasha, and as much as I hope not - Kelsey (tho she was killing that last dance class she was in). Haven't seen much of any of these three in classes but I'm really pulling for Kelsey. Most of the weight warning Vets are retiring, but I've never been thrilled by Simone as well. Still surprised she made it back for a second year. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Kelsey because in my opinion, she was brought in for her looks and fan appeal. Selena and Tasha may be on the cutting block. Simone is a blender and does not stand out to me.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Oh goody! Opinions! Here's mine, since no one asked EVER!

Street shoes aren't generally allowed on the dance studio floor. So it's not like someone walked across a feedlot hoppin in cow shit and then came in to do a grand jete. If I had kids (bacterial hand grenades), cats (walk around in their own shit box and then on your counters) or dogs (perfect, immaculate angels sent from heaven-I'm sort of a dog person), then my house would have more repulsive bacteria than feet on a dance floor. Here's me, though. I'm a fucking slob.

HAHAHAHA oh my god, I haven't seen that one in years. Thank you.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, McGee43 said:

 

I mean this is the most genuine, non-snarky possible way - do your friends know you post on here? Or have they tried to find out who the anonymous one is in their midst? 

Oh theyre very much aware. I don't talk to them all day everyday but yes I'm still in the loop.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I liked Kylee, too, and I hope she does try out again and makes it. I just looked at her Twitter and I didn't realize she has a degree in chemistry! Now I like her even more.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Kylee is having a blast on DSIG. While I would love to see her reaudition, I think she is happy where she is at.

Edited by dalgal214

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

What do DSIGs do? Just skate around with a push broom? Do they dance? Make appearances? Can they figure skate?

Some skate, some dance (or maybe all). I don't believe it's a requirement that you have to skate, but a bonus? 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm on the Tasha train for her getting cut, but it's mainly because I think she's there for her (and promoting herself) instead of for the team.  Meh to Megan being here or gone.  It all depends on if she's sick of having to deal with the weight issues (and if it's natural weight gain or medication-induced weight gain).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Was Kiley the one they made dance in the corner of a parking lot for her little featurette? I remember thinking at the time how sad it was that they couldn't at least film her at a public park or something to give her a nicer backdrop than oil spills and asphalt. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Oh theyre very much aware. I don't talk to them all day everyday but yes I'm still in the loop.

Thanks for answering.  I always wondered and since you mentioned that you would let the retiring vets reveal themselves, I thought it was as good a time as any to ask.

Share this post


Link to post

Selina was non existent in season 11 even though she was a last night cut in 10.  I don't know how they would explain her if she auditioned and got dismissed at finals. 

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Is the Selina being cut speculation based on dance or because she had that behavior issue earlier in the season?

Can we revisit this rumor? The tea  last season was that one of the Group 4 following rookies was written up for "mean girl behavior" -- Selina, Tasha, or Kelsey.  Cerstan was cleared by DalGal who posted the intel: 

Quote

Let's just say, it was enough for little sweet Jessica to write a long extensive report on this said rookie's behavior. Let us note Jessica Purdy is a down to earth mid-western gal who doesn't let much get to her...but when something does it ain't pretty. 

And no, it wasn't Cerstan..

Many assumed it was Selina and it sort of stuck. I ALWAYS assumed it was Tasha back then. Even more now as the season went on and she seems to be a DCC for self Promotion rather than promoting the DCC organization. I figured that Selina had been in camp twice. I would think if Selina was a mean girl it would have been caught in those two years.  

We have lips by Tasha, teen mom storyline by Tasha, Modeling by Tasha, product placement by Tasha, everything in her life is potatoehead pink by Tasha. Oh...and don't forget booking Tasha by Tasha on her insta.

I hope Selina comes back for another year. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

Potatoehead pink = you win the Internet.

Can't take the credit. It was a team effort.  Our dearest Moni posted a pic of Mrs. Potato Head in reference to Tasha. I just noticed it was the same shade of Tasha lipstick. Hence, Potateohead Pink. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Josreason said:

Selina was non existent in season 11 even though she was a last night cut in 10.  I don't know how they would explain her if she auditioned and got dismissed at finals. 

They probably would do a segment on her during the Finals episode. That will be a dead giveaway. 

Really though, unless Tasha and Selina are just the most toxic people OR have pissed off K&J (and they remain pissed at tryouts), I wouldn't be surprise see both making it back. The team is already losing several of their strongest dancers, and neither Tasha or Selina have dance issues from what we've seen. At the end of the day, its a dance team. I'm sure many coaches/directors will take the self-centered, bubblegum-pink lipstick chick who they know can dance and remember choreography over someone who can't, no matter how nice she is. 

IIRC, I think Lauren(?) was cut in season 5 for attitude reasons, but has any other vet been cut for reasons other than dance or weight? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

That blonde on the end has GIGANTIC thighs. Omg. Don't these girls watch the damn show? They told Brittany Schram she was too fat for crying out loud. 

9 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

What do DSIGs do? Just skate around with a push broom? Do they dance? Make appearances? Can they figure skate?

You can try out for just the skate team or just the dance team. I can't remember if you can do both.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Kaitlen Legrand was cut for missing her uniform fitting, was a no-call/no-show for at least one practice (though she missed only one that I know about and that was televised) and wore the wrong outfit to a uniform practice.  She was also acting oddly when called into the office.  

I don't know if Chelsea's cut could be considered weight-related or if it would be because of her "toxic" attitude so. . .

Those are the only two veterans that I can remember off the top of my head who weren't cut for dance or weight-related issues.  There were some rumors that Caila's cut was due to her partying and underage drinking, but those are only rumors and the official line is that she was cut for dance and/or weight.  All the others that I know about had those same issues as the official line.

Anyone else care to speak up?

Share this post


Link to post

I'm pretty sure the group 4 rookie with the bad behavior was Selina. I know Dalgal didn't say but back then I was still a lurker and based on the posts that she liked/didn't like it was easy to see that it was Selina. I still feel like they give you some indication of your chances for the next season and what you need to work on so if Selina goes on the calendar shoot it must mean she thinks her chances are good. Who even pays for those anyway? Why would they take someone like Morgan or Ashley pro, when there's a higher chance they won't make it back the next year? They can't use any of those pics, although some slip through right? I think Chelsea has a few pics in the page a day calendar or something like that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I would definitely say that Chelsea was cut for being toxic. She didn't look overweight at all.

Teri is another one who didn't have the weight or dance reason for her cut, as the official reason for her cut was the interview, I think. 

Share this post


Link to post

Chelsea wasn't overweight, but she was definitely bigger than her audition size in her butt/hips/thighs.

calia was bigger all over.

Neither were fat or flabby, but noticeably bigger.

I agree that other issues were the root of their cuts. 

That poor blonde girl in the prep class pic. Bless her heart. We have no idea who she is or if she is actually auditioning this year, but she's been ripped to shreds. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Chelsea wasn't overweight, but she was definitely bigger than her audition size in her butt/hips/thighs.

calia was bigger all over.

Neither were fat or flabby, but noticeably bigger.

I agree that other issues were the root of their cuts. 

That poor blonde girl in the prep class pic. Bless her heart. We have no idea who she is or if she is actually auditioning this year, but she's been ripped to shreds.

I feel a bit bad for her if she is auditioning, but she could just be there for fun. She definitely wouldn't make it based on her look. Her insta is private though so unfortunately I can't check out her dancing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I feel a bit bad for her if she is auditioning, but she could just be there for fun.

Samantha is in the picture & I thought it was pretty much a given that she's not auditioning, so it's very possible the blonde is there for fun also.

Edited by ByTor
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

For all we know she's somebody's 14 year old daughter who just came for fun and is in a pic. She looks really young to me.

Mia's sisters are so cute. The one right beside her is even prettier than Mia, and the other one, who also looks 14 to me, is pretty cute too, just really young looking. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, RazzleberryPie said:

For all we know she's somebody's 14 year old daughter who just came for fun and is in a pic. She looks really young to me.

Mia's sisters are so cute. The one right beside her is even prettier than Mia, and the other one, who also looks 14 to me, is pretty cute too, just really young looking. 

I thought so too.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I rewatched the first two episodes of season four especially for Mia and her sister.  It seemed to me that the expression on Mia's sister's face when they revealed the numbers was "Wait! Where's my number?  Isn't it up there?  Did I miss it?" then resignation that she didn't make it past semis for a second time.  I think that's when she decided not to audition again.  I thought she was pretty but didn't have the height or the looks for the DCC.  If she did, she might have moved on to at least semis even if her dancing wasn't all that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think Tasha is doomed. In some ways I think Kelli may like having a young mom on the squad who is pretty and polished AND can actually learn and remember choreography lol  I think what hurts Tasha is that she is just in a different zone of life than a lot of the other girls. You don't see her in a lot of the pictures outside of appearances and squad stuff like you do with most of the others because, well, she's a wife and mom.  I love my girlfriends but if I had events with them during the day and practices at night in my off time you best believe i'd be with my family and not out for the 300th girls' night or mini girls' trip LOL  So I just wonder if she will be over it this year.  Just because she doesn't do team stuff all the time I don't think is a reason for her to be cut.  I mean, look at Jinelle.  They all seems to love her but do you ever see her in any of their group pics? Ever on trips or out for nights out, etc? Some girls just aren't into the bff all the time life.  

Ok, had to do my typical #teamtasha post ;-D  Sorry y'all!! I do hate the bright pink lipstick, i will give that!! And as an old fashioned school marm I cringe at letting her daughter wear lipsense but yah... 

And I trust dalgal for sure but i still have not been able to get confirmation on who flipped out in Jessica's group or that the blow out in Jessica's group even happened at all.  A girl I talk to who is friends with Jess even asked her which rookie it was and Jessica had no idea what she was talking about...maybe Kelli forced her to keep it completely silent to avoid embarrassment? possible.  So unfortunately I have no insight into that one lol 

And I REALLY hope Kelsey makes it back.  She may not be the BEST dancer but she does fine with the style and always looks great when i see clips. I know I am partial - I admit it haha - but I love seeing her work her butt off in the off season with workouts and extra classes. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Kaitlen Legrand was cut for missing her uniform fitting, was a no-call/no-show for at least one practice (though she missed only one that I know about and that was televised) and wore the wrong outfit to a uniform practice.  She was also acting oddly when called into the office.  

I don't know if Chelsea's cut could be considered weight-related or if it would be because of her "toxic" attitude so. . .

Those are the only two veterans that I can remember off the top of my head who weren't cut for dance or weight-related issues.  There were some rumors that Caila's cut was due to her partying and underage drinking, but those are only rumors and the official line is that she was cut for dance and/or weight.  All the others that I know about had those same issues as the official line.

Anyone else care to speak up?

Caila was called in for meetings with Kelli even before auditions...my understanding was that they knew she was partying and not taking DCC off season as seriously as she should and wanted to touch base with her, get her back on track.  I think Caila was liked by Kelli and they didn't want to lose her (girl showed how she could improve the year before and was clearly a fan favorite, beautiful, etc.) but she didn't take their warnings to heart and didn't have the best photos at the swimsuit shoot and then a poor interview, solo, etc.  

1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I rewatched the first two episodes of season four especially for Mia and her sister.  It seemed to me that the expression on Mia's sister's face when they revealed the numbers was "Wait! Where's my number?  Isn't it up there?  Did I miss it?" then resignation that she didn't make it past semis for a second time.  I think that's when she decided not to audition again.  I thought she was pretty but didn't have the height or the looks for the DCC.  If she did, she might have moved on to at least semis even if her dancing wasn't all that.

Agreed...I really liked Mia's older sister but I think she faded next to Mia.  Though it's not like Mia was a perfect DCC right off the bat.  They weren't even sold on her dance skills at first; I think that's another reason why I like Kelsey.  She has the beauty and potential and I'm just glad they are giving her a chance to really grow and shine.  Up to her now for tryouts but I'm hopeful! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
4 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Caila was called in for meetings with Kelli even before auditions...my understanding was that they knew she was partying and not taking DCC off season as seriously as she should and wanted to touch base with her, get her back on track.  I think Caila was liked by Kelli and they didn't want to lose her (girl showed how she could improve the year before and was clearly a fan favorite, beautiful, etc.) but she didn't take their warnings to heart and didn't have the best photos at the swimsuit shoot and then a poor interview, solo, etc.  

Ohhhh this is brand new information. Interesting. I definitely think if she wanted to tryout again she'd have to prove she's way more mature.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Jess14 said:

They probably would do a segment on her during the Finals episode. That will be a dead giveaway. 

Really though, unless Tasha and Selina are just the most toxic people OR have pissed off K&J (and they remain pissed at tryouts), I wouldn't be surprise see both making it back. The team is already losing several of their strongest dancers, and neither Tasha or Selina have dance issues from what we've seen. At the end of the day, its a dance team. I'm sure many coaches/directors will take the self-centered, bubblegum-pink lipstick chick who they know can dance and remember choreography over someone who can't, no matter how nice she is. 

IIRC, I think Lauren(?) was cut in season 5 for attitude reasons, but has any other vet been cut for reasons other than dance or weight? 

Definitely if they do a spotlight on a girl talking about how much the organization means to her..she's likely a goner.

51 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Ohhhh this is brand new information. Interesting. I definitely think if she wanted to tryout again she'd have to prove she's way more mature.

Caila is still "heavy." I definitely think she has the power, but I don't think if she re-auditioned she'd get her spot back based on how they know she used to look based on how she looks now. Which isn't fair to her.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

That also may explain why Caila was tearing up in interviews even before tryouts (when the vets were learning the finals dance). She must've known that she wasn't at her best and was at real risk of being cut. I'm sure lots of us have had that feeling at some point or another, whether at work or in school, where you just run out of time (due to no ones fault but your own) to get everything in order/be prepared, and you just know that the upcoming test/review/whatever is not going to go well. It's an awful feeling. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×