Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I guess we can definitively say that Amy T, Bess, Danielle, Megan, and Melissa are retiring since they are not pictured below at last week's squad practice with the guest choreographer/dancer.  

Everyone else is "still in the picture" as they say.  (Though we do know that Jennifer K and Jessica are also retiring.)  

Edited by California Girl

Hello everyone! Your friendly list maker is back for a great few months of tryout prep:) 

Confirmed Retire (they have personally posted about it)

1. Jenn K

2. Jessica

3. Danielle 

Speculated Retire 

1. Jax 

2. Bess

3. Megan 

4. Amy T

5. Melissa 

Tryout Speculation (based on prep class posts,  rumors, former tryout, etc)

Eden Greenhouse @eden_skye22
Caitlin Patten @caitlinpatten 
Sage Greenhouse @sage_quinn 
Sheridan McDowell @sheridangracemcdowell 
Ally Cheatham @allycheatham 
Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher 
Jenny Smith @jenny.smith9
Cami Branson @camibranson1
Celinda @_celinderella
Miranda Tims @mirandatims
Hunter Blackwell @hunternblackwell (may go to GSW)
Madeline West @madeline_west
Kyndall Fuller @kynfuller
Ali Miller @aliannmiller
Alex Marin @alexandreamarin
Samantha Fink @finkerbell75

• Love 6

Eden and Sage?! It would be so cool if Mia's sisters auditioned and made the squad! 4 out of 5 sisters tried out, and maybe 3 sisters will have been DCCs. I rewatched season 11 and I didn't remember Sheridan at all. I hope she has a better run this year. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, LaurelleJ said:

Eden and Sage?! It would be so cool if Mia's sisters auditioned and made the squad! 4 out of 5 sisters tried out, and maybe 3 sisters will have been DCCs. I rewatched season 11 and I didn't remember Sheridan at all. I hope she has a better run this year. 

Yeah! They came to the prep class Mia taught. They could have just been there for support or maybe they are really interested. You never know!

2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

If eden and sage made it, I believe they'd be second to the dreaded now banned (from dcc alumni events) scholz sisters to have three sisters on the squad. 

Do tell about the Scholz sisters!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

???? Tasha doesn't look 40. She doesn't look 25, but as someone who is 36 and has extremely fit and hot friends who are 40, Tasha still looks younger than they do. Y'all crack me up!

LOL! Yeah, I would guess that Tasha was in her low 30s or so. She definitely doesn't look like she's a few years removed from college, but she doesn't look 40 either. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

If eden and sage made it, I believe they'd be second to the dreaded now banned (from dcc alumni events) scholz sisters to have three sisters on the squad. 

Is there a rule about having sisters on the team? There where sisters who auditioned in the past ; Minchews, Hoffman triplets,annoying twins from Las Vegas.

I think Kelli said each sister is judged on her own merit. In otherwords, each sister may or may not make it into TC or on the team. Season 4 Mia made it to TC and was selected for the squad, but her sister who tried out with her did not make it past Prelims.

4 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

This is like Kelli and Rainer Schneck are arguing about what color to do Danielle's hair again. Is it light brown with highlights? No, it's dark blonde with lowlights.

I don't know if she looks like a hard 30 or a great 40 but to me, she looks too aged to compete with the youth of the DCCs, and she doesn't have the charm of Julie Jacobs who had a more mature look, but still held her own.

Exactly, thank you. We are all saying the same thing, Tasha looks years older than she really is. 

And I will own that I have the unpopular opinion that she looks 40 to me. In another thread I meant that in THAT picture from above her face looks "hard" as in frozen or like a granite statue. Honestly, if you put Kelli Finglass next to Tasha in THAT picture...well, ummm...not to upset anyone but if you did not know Tasha I believe most people would guess her closer to Kelli's age than Heather Hamilton. 

• Love 3

I think Tasha has that plastic thing going which makes her look older. It's such a fake look. Too tan, too much makeup, too blonde, too overdone. She's also very thin which also ages you. She lacks that fresh look. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 4

Tasha looks older than 28, because she has such an artificial, over made up look. Same thing with Kathryn Dunn. That said, and admitting that Tasha irritates the crap out of me, I actually do like that they have a variety of ages on the team. I don't think Tasha looks rough, just older than she is. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

I think Mia's sister made it to semis in season 3. I wonder what happened in season 4. 

Season 4 (2009) was when Mia made the squad and her sister auditioned with her as well but didn't make it to finals. I don't remember seeing either in season 3 (2008).

9 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

And Kelli with her "She's all shot up with botox" comment about Colby. Kitty ripped on Colby for her age too. So why not Tasha?! 

I think Colby overall looked her age, if not older. Colby definitely was older and looked like that. Tasha does stuff that ages her, but I think it's far different from the obvious old that Colby was.

9 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Thank you, Thank you. Thank you. She looks fucking OLDER. And the pepto lips don't help. In fact, maybe the pepto lips are the culprit! "Look at my HIP, FRESH makeup trends that I follow!"  OK Vicki Gunvalson. Bottom line is MOST people commenting DON'T know Tasha. We see the impression. In fact, most people NOT commenting don't know her! Must we know her, to have an opinion?! And Kelli with her "She's all shot up with botox" comment about Colby. Kitty ripped on Colby for her age too. So why not Tasha?! To me, Tasha is as fresh as a Foghat concert (Kingpin quote).

Add Kelli Q to the list as well, neither she nor Tasha are exactly daisy fresh looking.

Hey, I like Foghat!  I think I'm going to go listen to Stone Blue now :)

• Love 2
12 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Season 4 (2009) was when Mia made the squad and her sister auditioned with her as well but didn't make it to finals. I don't remember seeing either in season 3 (2008).

In season 4 Mia said it was her first time to try out and her sisters third time. In season 3 during semi finals you can see Mia's sister sitting pretty close to the front, her hair style was a bit different. 

9 hours ago, ByTor said:

Add Kelli Q to the list as well, neither she nor Tasha are exactly daisy fresh looking.

Hey, I like Foghat!  I think I'm going to go listen to Stone Blue now :)

I like Kelli Q and don't care if she looks older.

Another Foghat fan here :)

Is Cristi Fisher's friend and Ice Angel teammate Carly is going to audition for the DCC as well?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I like Kelli Q and don't care if she looks older.

I will say this, she is one hell of a dancer.  There was a clip where, when people were saying they couldn't take their eyes off Holly, Kelli was the one I couldn't stop watching, she really is good.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, PBSLover said:

1) If I met Tasha and she told me she was 35, I would believe her.

2) Mia’s sister is not a pretty girl. I don’t know what her dancing was like but Mia got the looks.  Mean of me, I know.

You're absolutely right about Mia getting the looks. IMO she's about 100 times more gorgeous than her sisters are. None of them are bad looking, but not on Mia's level. I will say that Eden appears to be a beautiful dancer from her instagram. Maybe a stronger technical dancer than Mia was her rookie year, but whether she has Mia's power is to be determined.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2

Mia's sister Sage is very pretty. There's a strong family resemblance with Mia. Eden is cute too, but she looks very young to me. I think Sage is 20 and Eden is 18. Or vice versa.

Below: Blonde girl (don't know her name), Victoria Kalina. Mia, Sage, Eden, Sam Finglass.

• Love 2

I have a friend auditioning that I'm attempting to help prepare. She went to Kelli's "prep class" the other night and we can confirm that 8 vets are leaving.

On 17/02/2017 at 7:48 PM, dccfan37 said:

Eden Greenhouse @eden_skye22
Caitlin Patten @caitlinpatten 
Sage Greenhouse @sage_quinn 
Sheridan McDowell @sheridangracemcdowell 
Ally Cheatham @allycheatham 
Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher 
Jenny Smith @jenny.smith9
Cami Branson @camibranson1
Celinda @_celinderella
Miranda Tims @mirandatims
Hunter Blackwell @hunternblackwell (may go to GSW)
Madeline West @madeline_west
Kyndall Fuller @kynfuller
Ali Miller @aliannmiller
Alex Marin @alexandreamarin
Samantha Fink @finkerbell75

In addition according to those that checked in in instagram. Some may have simply gone to prepare class or may prepare and back out last minute.

haleigh sigwalt @haleighanneee

Demi Broselle @demi_summer

Kathryn Antos @Kathrynantos

Danyelle Rodgers @danyrodgerthatrodgers

Belinda Kathryn @belindak04

Kelsey Kunkle @mdd_kelsey 

Macy @macythemermaid

Maddie Dillon @maddie_rae15

Courtney Laine @courtneyylaine

Sarah Stiles @_sarahnicole (bio says OSU 2021, doubt she will audition this year)

Marina @marina_jo_

Julia Austin @juliaaustin

Bella bassan @belllabassan

Chenise Johnson @chenisej

Ashley Gallagher @ashley_gallagher

Saundra Jessie @saundrairene

Victoria Olson @victoria_marie2014

Also add Tessa, Sarah idziaks little sister that auditioned last year.

Some of these girls need to work on look/weight...It's alarming. I might be biased but my favorites are mainly the returning blondes ?? And Miranda Tims and marina on my secondary list.

Edited by dalgal214
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

Some of these girls need to work on look/weight...It's alarming. I might be biased but my favorites are mainly the returning blondes ?? And Miranda Tims and marina on my secondary list.

Maybe it's the photo angle, but some of those girls' legs look awfully short.   And not DCC fit.

• Love 7

And theyre not "pretty plain Jane's" or slightly fluffy who are also amazing "technicians" and "powerhouses" as Kelli would say. Theyre not at the calibre looks or dance wise. A few of these early check in girls I see as prelim cuts.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

I have a friend auditioning that I'm attempting to help prepare. She went to Kelli's "prep class" the other night and we can confirm that 8 vets are leaving.

In addition according to those that checked in in instagram. Some may have simply gone to prepare class or may prepare and back out last minute.

Macy @macythemermaid

Sarah Stiles @_sarahnicole (bio says OSU 2021, doubt she will audition this year)

Marina @marina_jo_

Great list! I'll add them to mine:) 

I think I remember her being in the "spacey" group in last year's first episode. Maybe she's studio based and doesn't have experience in cheer or drill.

1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

Did a little snooping. Victoria Olsen mentioned in a comment she was just taking the class for fun and isn't trying out "again." (I guess she tried out last year). So I took her off my list! 

Ah, I see. I just went off of checkins. To be honest I don't know half if these girls!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Macy @macythemermaid

Marina @marina_jo_

Five are MDDs  Danyelle, Be!inda, Kelsey, Macy, Maddie are MDDs and one Saundra is a AAIA.

From the first list are a few AAIAs such as Cristi and Jenny. I could see raven reauditioning as well but i think she should take a quick juice  cleanse and lose a few pounds of water weight. I know Halee (Caila's roommate) is auditioning for broncos so we won't see her this year either.

Edited by dalgal214
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

From the first list are a few AAIAs such as Cristi and Jenny. I could see raven reauditioning as well but i think she should take a quick juice  cleanse and lose a few pounds of water weight. I know Halee (Caila's roommate) is auditioning for broncos so we won't see her this year either.

Did you hear which eight are for sure retiring or just that there are eight? I'm not asking you to spill who if they want to keep it under wraps, just curious. 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Did you hear which eight are for sure retiring or just that there are eight? I'm not asking you to spill who if they want to keep it under wraps, just curious. 

I'm letting people reveal in their own time. I have a feeling one or two might have their minds. 

32 minutes ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Wonder if Megan "I literally feel like a loved one just died because I didn't get to semis" is re-auditioning.

Megan Erickson is currently a skater/dancer on DSIG.

• Love 1