Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I'm not sure of the exact formula...hair color, seniority, overall look. I don't think SG comes into the thought really as there are rookies in show group and they tend to be towards the top of the picture, as long as everyone is visible.

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Yeah I totally didn't see anything negative. I think people on here are just dissecting everything b/c she's not on the team anymore.

She only answered the question that was asked by a fan.

3 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Exactly when did Holly disappear? How far into TC?

Around the 8th week of Training camp if we're going by her last DCC related posts on July 26. 

10 minutes ago, StarGazer00 said:

Did anyone see the DCC instagram account today? They posted a picture with all the leaders, I didn't see Erica in there at all! What happened?  Did I miss something?

Erica's gone, Holly's gone, and things are (still) on fire. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYJSEm7gy50/

you missed a lot, @StarGazer00. Lol. Look how cryptic Holly and Erica's IGs are

A former DCC (80s/90s) commented on FB about her back/shoulder injury and said she's recovering to join the team again ?I don't know how much truth there is to that or if she's just assuming things? It still wouldn't explain her absence in everything, squad photo and meet the team. 

9 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

A former DCC (80s/90s) commented on FB about her back/shoulder injury and said she's recovering to join the team again ?I don't know how much truth there is to that or if she's just assuming things? It still wouldn't explain her absence in everything, squad photo and meet the team. 

Which Facebook? DDC or DCC MTT?

6 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

DCC, group leaders picture. 

I looked there but didn't find it. Facebook has that function with filtering out some comments. So I clicked on Top Comments (unfiltered ) and still don't see it. Must have been removed.

9 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I looked there but didn't find it. Facebook has that function with filtering out some comments. So I clicked on Top Comments (unfiltered ) and still don't see it. Must have been removed.

IMG_2114.PNG

1 hour ago, Oklahomama said:

I hate myself for saying this both because KaShara is one of my team favorites (oldest child was born in Kentucky), and because it really irritated me when other posters criticized Amy T., Megan, or Melissa for this reason, but I think the stress of taking over for Erica may be affecting K's weight just a little.   That would be understandable and she still looks beautiful.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

A former DCC (80s/90s) commented on FB about her back/shoulder injury and said she's recovering to join the team again

LOL at 1st glance I thought you meant the DCC from the 80s/90s was injured but intends to come back.  I thought yeah, good luck with that :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, California Girl said:

I hate myself for saying this both because KaShara is one of my team favorites (oldest child was born in Kentucky), and because it really irritated me when other posters criticized Amy T., Megan, or Melissa for this reason, but I think the stress of taking over for Erica may be affecting K's weight just a little.   That would be understandable and she still looks beautiful.

I've felt like she's been "DCC heavy" for awhile now, even back when Tasha/Stephanie/Selina were on weight warnings I didn't get it. Some girls don't get called out for it (or maybe we just don't here about it). 

2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL at 1st glance I thought you meant the DCC from the 80s/90s was injured but intends to come back.

That'd be some determination. 

• Love 4

I really love Kashara. She has a sense of humor, seems friendly, does great on camera and I think dances with the best of them. I think part of the problem is, we have seen her dance next to Jenna and Jenna is TINY.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

I really love Kashara. She has a sense of humor, seems friendly, does great on camera and I think dances with the best of them. I think part of the problem is, we have seen her dance next to Jenna and Jenna is TINY.  

Agreed. And the other two group leaders, Jinelle and Lacey, are even tinier!

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I've felt like she's been "DCC heavy" for awhile now, even back when Tasha/Stephanie/Selina were on weight warnings I didn't get it. Some girls don't get called out for it (or maybe we just don't here about it). 

Maybe it's that she has largely maintained her weight, as opposed to gaining weight from when she first made the team. She wasn't timy when she made the squad her first year. I thought she looked like she had lost weight/toned up last year and now she appears to be closer to her rookie year size. I kind of feel like if they were ok with it then, then it's not really fair for them to complain about it now. With that said, no doubt though there appears to be uneven treatment on the team when it comes to weight warnings.

10 minutes ago, countrygirl1689 said:

Agreed. And the other two group leaders, Jinelle and Lacey, are even tinier!

True! Anyone would look big next to Jinelle, Lacey, and Jenna. Jinelle and Lacey are incredibly lean, while Jenna has a tiny frame and then super long legs (for someone as short as she is) on top of it, which elongates her more. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

LOL at 1st glance I thought you meant the DCC from the 80s/90s was injured but intends to come back.  I thought yeah, good luck with that :)

I thought that too.

• Love 2

Hi y'all! Long time lurker but I thought I'd add my two cents...

I think asking Erica about the Star was a bit of a loaded question. What else can you really say other than "we love it"? I think her explaining it's a bit further away was just her way of elaborating on her answer and sharing a bit more than just compliments. What maybe surprises me is that they left her segment in when she is no longer on the team. I'm disappointed to see her go; I thought she was a great ambassador for the team and an amazing dancer! I'm hoping they explain her reasoning for leaving the team.

I'm curious about how much the show will discuss what happened with Holly.

KaShara is so adorable and seems to be an amazing personal all around. She maybe looks a little heavier right now but being the point of the triangle might be more related to fans' preferences than anything. As a group leader she seems like an obvious pick since she is outgoing, friendly and a natural leader. 

Hi y'all! Long time lurker but I thought I'd add my two cents...

I think asking Erica about the Star was a bit of a loaded question. What else can you really say other than "we love it"? I think her explaining it's a bit further away was just her way of elaborating on her answer and sharing a bit more than just compliments. What maybe surprises me is that they left her segment in when she is no longer on the team. I'm disappointed to see her go; I thought she was a great ambassador for the team and an amazing dancer! I'm hoping they explain her reasoning for leaving the team.

I'm curious about how much the show will discuss what happened with Holly.

KaShara is so adorable and seems to be an amazing personal all around. She maybe looks a little heavier right now but being the point of the triangle might be more related to fans' preferences than anything. As a group leader she seems like an obvious pick since she is outgoing, friendly and a natural leader. 

OOHH and, does anyone know how to watch the show in Canada other than on CMT cable?

Yeah wow in the group leaders pic I actually did a double take because of how heavy Kashara looked. The difference next to the other three is really obvious, especially in the thighs and even in the width of her shorts. 

I reckon part of it is because of how slender the other three + the fact they're more tilted at an angle while K is more straight-on to the camera...but also part of it is that she is definitely thicker. 

Can't imagine Stephanie and Tasha were any heavier yet by all accounts they were on weight watch...I can imagine that some of them would find the double standards quite upsetting.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYJSEm7gy50/

Edited by autumdusk
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Kashara is definitely bigger than the others, but nothing jiggles when she dances. I think that's the difference between the girls on ww and those who don't get a warning.

This. Kashara is just stockier framed. She's toned and doesn't jiggle. While Tasha is smaller, she had some jiggle. This isn't a flattering pic, but by no means is Kashara fat or out of shape. 

• Love 9

I have to admit, my first reaction to the shape differences in the leaders pic was a bit - eek - 

But the more I think about it - diversity of shape on the squad is such a positive thing. The girls are all insanely fit. I hope that Kashara isn't experiencing any body shaming over her natural shape, and is as confident as any other girl.

Every year during uniform fittings Kelli says her piece to camera about the huge range of shapes and sizes they fit... it's great that although they have moved to leaner and leaner figures since the jumbotron happened, that there's a place for much curvier girls. (Who are nevertheless still absolutely tiny and incredibly fit).

I love Kashara ?

Edited by Pinknblue
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Kashara is definitely bigger than the others, but nothing jiggles when she dances. I think that's the difference between the girls on ww and those who don't get a warning.

I definitely think that's some of it, but I also thought that about Nicole Bulcher (just a thicker frame), and she got called out for weight. I also agree with the post above that a range of bodies is a good thing. I've always found Jinelle to almost be too skinny, but mileage varies on what everyone finds appealing. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, WickedMom said:

She only answered the question that was asked by a fan.

That's fine; I was talking about the posters on this forum.

15 hours ago, California Girl said:

I don't think Erica has anything to do w/ her weight. I think the only reason she looks "heavy" to some is because she isn't teeny tiny. Like someone on here stated previously, I think she's just been maintaining her weight. She didn't come into TC like some girls who get extra small to join the team, and then when they start going back to their regular habits, gain all of their weight back and are put on WW

5 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I definitely think that's some of it, but I also thought that about Nicole Bulcher (just a thicker frame), and she got called out for weight. I also agree with the post above that a range of bodies is a good thing. I've always found Jinelle to almost be too skinny, but mileage varies on what everyone finds appealing. 

Jinelle DID gain some weight, but I think she still looks too thin. Mainly in her face.

4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I happen to think that in that GL photo, KaShara is the one whose figure looks best; she has hourglass curves and an actual waist. The other three are too straight through the middle.

• Love 3

Kashara has a perfect figure.  If I remember correctly, at least with Jinelle, K&J had doubts at first because she looks to thin.  And in person, all of the cheerleaders are tiny.  TV & cameras do add on weight.  They thought Jinelle looked better on the screen in the stadium.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Moxiejan said:

I happen to think that in that GL photo, KaShara is the one whose figure looks best; she has hourglass curves and an actual waist. The other three are too straight through the middle.

I think Kashara has beauty and charisma. She looks like she is having fun and is the perfect blend of the old school cheerleader(remember I am 51 and cheerleading used to be about cheering on the team) and the modernized dancing cheerleader. There are probably many fans in the stands who thinks she look just right. She also has her weight distributed like you said in an hourglass figure, think Marilyn Monroe and Jane Mansfield. I don't know a lot about cheerleading, but what I do know from watching the show is Kelly and Judy would not let anyone in that spot who they thought had any issues. Her waist is toned and her smile is contagious. Just a thought but with Holly off the team, maybe this is a distraction so it won't be go glaring that Holly is gone;)

• Love 3

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New things coming soon..... Stay tuned ? <a href="https://t.co/X83NqIhcHZ">pic.twitter.com/X83NqIhcHZ</a></p>&mdash; Holly Marie Powell (@hpmoves2) <a href="https://twitter.com/hpmoves2/status/900761438133858304">August 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I have a feeling Jinelle has a hard time keeping weight on her frame. It is nice to see her be a more bold dancer than she used to be. In the beginning, she came across as awkward and gangly. Holly can go away, now. She has had her 15 minutes.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, countrygirl1689 said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New things coming soon..... Stay tuned <a href="https://t.co/X83NqIhcHZ">pic.twitter.com/X83NqIhcHZ</a></p>&mdash; Holly Marie Powell (@hpmoves2) <a href="https://twitter.com/hpmoves2/status/900761438133858304">August 24, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I liked Holly with DCC. Without, Sorry but no thanks. If she did in fact quit, I am not a fan of quitters!

• Love 2

Did Holly have a twitter pre-DCC? IIRC, usually the accounts reverts back to the cheerleader's old twitter handle once they're no longer DCCs. Assuming that she did have one before, I wonder if she just said, "screw it, I'm not waiting anymore. I'm just going to open a new account." 

4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Did Holly have a twitter pre-DCC? IIRC, usually the accounts reverts back to the cheerleader's old twitter handle once they're no longer DCCs. Assuming that she did have one before, I wonder if she just said, "screw it, I'm not waiting anymore. I'm just going to open a new account." 

She has a private locked one, but sometimes they don't link it back to an old one or personal Twitter. 

1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

I have a feeling Jinelle has a hard time keeping weight on her frame. It is nice to see her be a more bold dancer than she used to be. In the beginning, she came across as awkward and gangly. Holly can go away, now. She has had her 15 minutes.

Yeah Holly, don't hold your breath waiting for me to "stay tuned."

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Stephanie is a beautiful girl, but I've rarely seen anyone with more space between their eyes.

as someone with more close set eyes i'm jealous of her for that reason!! well, several reasons haha! 

• Love 6