Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

What is a "game day girl"? I've never heard that featured on the show before

They're featured in the game program and on the board during quarter changes every game. K&J pick them, Jenna explains in the video above that it's someone who works really hard and is a good teammate. It's kind of like an MVP I guess.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rosiemac said:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders_squad_2016

This is for last year's squad...click on their name and it will tell you their stats with their occupation

Thanks for posting this, @Rosiemac ?? Lots of dance and fitness instructors in that mix, but quite a few professional careers too - accounting, teaching, health care, etc. Tons of college degrees, which I figured, but there's a mix between those balancing a full time gig with those working part time who might have put their career aspirations on hold for a bit. I can't imagine trying to balance a full time career and being a DCC. 

Amy T is always so darn interesting to me, and I had no idea she had moved to NYC to dance after graduation. Guess she's ready to keep on inventing things and do some healing, tho! "Following graduation I moved to New York to pursue a career in dance. I danced professionally in the NBA as a Knicks City Dancer for the New York Knicks as well as being represented by Clear Talent Group for commercial dance work."

3 hours ago, Tootie said:

Is that Madeline on the left? I would have thought she would shine in a dance like this, but I'm not that impressed by her here. This dance is definitely Jenna's jam lol. She's killed this dance both times I've seen a video of it. 

Who are the rookies in this group? The first few episodes seemed to disproportionately focus on girls who did not make training camp, so other than Kalyssa, I don't feel like I know any of them yet.

1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Is that Madeline on the left? I would have thought she would shine in a dance like this, but I'm not that impressed by her here. This dance is definitely Jenna's jam lol. She's killed this dance both times I've seen a video of it. 

Who are the rookies in this group? The first few episodes seemed to disproportionately focus on girls who did not make training camp, so other than Kalyssa, I don't feel like I know any of them yet.

The 4 on the back row are rookies: Kalyssa, Alexis, Lexie & Keyra. Vets are Maddie, Amy, Jenna, Stephanie & Maggie.

• Love 3

IMG_4542.thumb.PNG.563290b37e75ebc1bf131817f52a6a66.PNG

So looking at the comments on this post someone named "janitorjim" commented "no support for cowboys without holly p" and Erica liked it and that's the ONLY comment she liked or responded to... I just thought that was interesting 

Edited by Blou07
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

They're featured in the game program and on the board during quarter changes every game. K&J pick them, Jenna explains in the video above that it's someone who works really hard and is a good teammate. It's kind of like an MVP I guess.

Very cool! Thanks for explaining. If CMT would carry the episodes past training camp and show more of the football season then we would get to see more fun stuff like this.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

OK, Jenna really does bring extra power and something special when she dances. She's definitely another Mia. 

Wait what? Who did THAT?

I don't like Jenna and I definitely can't stand her voice BUT she is a great dancer. I prefer Kashara at point but yeah they've lost all of their rockstars so even though I don't like her, I'm glad she's still there with all the great vets out of the team.

7 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

So two girls were out of the game? they have two all stars with them, so I'm guessing two of them couldn't perform.

7 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

Can somebody explain to me what the abbey bear is?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, TiaGrace said:

I had hoped that after an entire year Yuko would get the DCC style down. If she doesn't have it by now it is simply not going to happen. Every image or video clip I have seen her in, Yuko is always off and she simply does not move like the rest of the squad. Kelli told us that Yuko is one of the best soloists -- ever, I just wish Yuko wouldn't  stick out so awkwardly sometimes. 

In the back of my mind, I feel a part of Yuko's appeal to DCC was that she came from another country.  My eyes never went to her when the team dances, so I have no critics on her dancing.  

I don't think the show gives good glimpses into the personality of the vets, so I try my best not to make quick character judgments about them.  I also think there are some personalities displayed on TV we, personally, are more attracted too.  All of the girls to an extent to me are acting the personality of a DCC.  There are personality traits all of them need to possess to make the team.

Edited by DaisyFields500
  • Love 3

For the poster who asked about Game Day Girl, they have shown it in previous years with the reveal being in the locker room.  Often CMT or Cowboys post a photo and dance featuring the girl online.  I wonder if they either had two sponsors this year as previously it was their tanning studio.

• Love 1

Yuko is on the team because 1) she's Asian and 2) she allows Kelli to say "we have girls from other countries on the team!"  If it weren't for those facts, she'd have NEVER even made training camp.  

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Kelsey & Kelli have great kicks!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Is Yuko leaning backwards to do that kick or am I seeing things? I'm not a dancer but is Yuko meant to lean backwards doing that kick? (I mean I lean backwards when I try to do it myself but I am not a dancer so I am more than likely doing it wrong and I damn well know I prob did do it wrong, without a trained background etc)

19 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I see Claire, who was the other All Star?

Claire, Danielle, Jessica and Jen K I believe there was someone else too but I can't remember the name (unless I am imagining there was a 5th one). (If there was a 5th one, my memory tells me its Amy. But I cannot remember).

On 8/18/2017 at 10:36 PM, Pinknblue said:

@Dcc fan I feel your pain. However, maintaining a US iTunes account is as simple as purchasing a gift card valid for the US iTunes Store. You then set up the account with the gift card and do not need a credit card. Of course you do need to log in and out at the bottom of the iTunes Store screen to switch between your regular account and the US one to download the episodes, but it's great for searching for music and books and other things that aren't offered on your own country's store too.

ETA the gift cards are offered by lots of different providers online and on eBay.

I would but too much hassle for me there because I am one of those that gets really fussy if I have everything on sep accounts and stuff I had 2 apple account because I forgot the password and email to that account when I bought my first ipod (classic) and then the laptop broke, where I had everything stored back then and only forgot the info to that account because I was still in high school when I bought my first ipod so my parents was paying for things for me back then so I didn't use that email etc alot then if that make sense etc.

Finally ready to post..........

It's really too bad about Holly.  She was an amazing dancer that brought something extra such as Whitney.  I always liked Holly.  i also think Kelli is unrealistic about girls in college.  Yes they drink.  Who cares!  I know she's underage but go to any college campus and there's a whole lot of drinking going on.  Holly is so much better than those still on the team.

Jenna I go back and forth on.  She's come a long way when she started so young.  They must be really upset with her they took point from her but she's still a group leader.

Erica is also a great loss and I hope it's for injury.  Erica was impressive since her rookie year.

Tasha.....I am sick of. She looks like a fake Barbie and the "I am doing this for my daughter." is bogus.   We heard it from Morgan.  No one is on the DCC for their daughters.  It's all about them.  Tasha is pretty but is not that great of a dancer.

the New Jersey girl Kelli loved.  I did not think her solo was all that.  Her hair was boring pulled back in a ponytail.  She did not have the DCC look and it would take a major makeover to make her look DCC.  She should look at Madeline's transformation from little girl to woman.

I love Kashara.  She seems so genuine.  I love watching her dance.  She makes a great point.  Holly would have been a great point.  On that topic, I will so miss Jenn K.  Jenn K was amazing from her first year.  She's well spoken and a better dancer than most.

Yuko needs to go.  Kelli loves to have someone from another country but Yuko stands out in a bad way when she dances with the team.

The interviews------How can your mom work for the organization and you are not prepared.  Who is the first lady?  Just an interest in fashion should remember Melania's beautiful blue suit for the inauguration.  Seriously these girls should read a newspaper or watch the news to prepare for this.  That being said I do not believe Dayton gave it her all.  She looked much better in the clips of her at dance classes than in the tryouts.  The girl who was asked about the cabinet.......I feel more sorry for her.  

Looking forward to the rest of the season.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Finally ready to post..........

It's really too bad about Holly.  She was an amazing dancer that brought something extra such as Whitney.  I always liked Holly.  i also think Kelli is unrealistic about girls in college.  Yes they drink.  Who cares!  I know she's underage but go to any college campus and there's a whole lot of drinking going on.  Holly is so much better than those still on the team.

Jenna I go back and forth on.  She's come a long way when she started so young.  They must be really upset with her they took point from her but she's still a group leader.

Erica is also a great loss and I hope it's for injury.  Erica was impressive since her rookie year.

Tasha.....I am sick of. She looks like a fake Barbie and the "I am doing this for my daughter." is bogus.   We heard it from Morgan.  No one is on the DCC for their daughters.  It's all about them.  Tasha is pretty but is not that great of a dancer.

the New Jersey girl Kelli loved.  I did not think her solo was all that.  Her hair was boring pulled back in a ponytail.  She did not have the DCC look and it would take a major makeover to make her look DCC.  She should look at Madeline's transformation from little girl to woman.

I love Kashara.  She seems so genuine.  I love watching her dance.  She makes a great point.  Holly would have been a great point.  On that topic, I will so miss Jenn K.  Jenn K was amazing from her first year.  She's well spoken and a better dancer than most.

Yuko needs to go.  Kelli loves to have someone from another country but Yuko stands out in a bad way when she dances with the team.

The interviews------How can your mom work for the organization and you are not prepared.  Who is the first lady?  Just an interest in fashion should remember Melania's beautiful blue suit for the inauguration.  Seriously these girls should read a newspaper or watch the news to prepare for this.  That being said I do not believe Dayton gave it her all.  She looked much better in the clips of her at dance classes than in the tryouts.  The girl who was asked about the cabinet.......I feel more sorry for her.  

Looking forward to the rest of the season.  

Thank you! I get to party line is "Dayton didn't decide to try out until late" but trying out for DCC shouldn't be what makes a 19 year old vote or know who the First Lady is.

honestly, Kelli seemed almost insulted by the entire thing. It is a crappy position to put her in -- you know she knows you. You know she is friends with your mom.  Dancing and physical fitnesses is one thing, but don't but them in the position of having to tell you you screwed up basic interview questions.

Edited by Dccfan126
  • Love 8

first time poster here.. I love KaShara but... did anyone else see her insta story? It showed her group "cuatro" wearing sombreros and fake mustaches. Makes me lose a lot of respect for her. I've seen that type of insensitivity get so many sororities and fraternities in trouble that throw cinco de mayo parties. I don't know... dressing up in stereotypical Mexican garb (including mustaches) just isn't cute or funny to me. It's racially insensitive.

Edited by dccfan13
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Yes, many college students drink. A lot. The difference is that they aren't DCCs with a contract that requires them to not break laws when they do that drinking.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, dccfan13 said:

first time poster here.. I love KaShara but... did anyone else see her insta story? It showed her group "cuatro" wearing sombreros and fake mustaches. Makes me lose a lot of respect for her. I've seen that type of racism get so many sororities and fraternities in trouble that throw cinco de mayo parties. I don't know... dressing up in stereotypical Mexican garb (including mustaches) just isn't cute or funny to me. It's racially insensitive.

Honestly, I wrote her off a while ago because her social media turned me off for a bunch of reasons.  Based on other stuff I she has posted, this does not shock me. At best, she is not at all bright. At worst, she is racist.

But this is also where I roll my eyes at the Cowboys. Underage drinking at club that no one knows about if not for some weird tattle tale -- you are fired.  But religious and messed up racial views all over social media -- aw, she is just a fun young girl!

Lots of the stuff these girls post on social media would not fly in more progressive cities or other ownership groups.

• Love 2

Does anyone remember where Kashara was in formation last year? I feel like she jumped up a lot to be point! The other person to be point that wasn't in previous year's triangle that I can think of was Holly Arielle, but she was still very close to front and had been on showgroup. 

1 hour ago, Dcc fan said:

Claire, Danielle, Jessica and Jen K I believe there was someone else too but I can't remember the name (unless I am imagining there was a 5th one). (If there was a 5th one, my memory tells me its Amy. But I cannot remember).

All-Stars:

• Love 6
23 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I think they changed the blonde a bit and the curls are somehow...bigger? But I honestly can't picture her with anything else.

soo... they didn't turn anyone red this year?

Well Stephanie is a red head, all be it a returning vet.

Loved seeing the squad photo, but as the show just started, the names of the rookies are not second nature yet. Only though this group at least I feel more aware of them.

And finally- with all the shows in the past they have had, about what to watch for in posting on line/facebook/twitter etc, to go to a bar- and underage, was a rather foolish move to make.

I am hoping that Erica heals up well, and is able to return to the team next year. If a shoulder injury that would require surgery, and power pom etc dancing, that would be a tough road to continue and stay on the team this year.

5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

So two girls were out of the game? they have two all stars with them, so I'm guessing two of them couldn't perform.

I realize there are several All Stars at the game, but I mean, who is the other All Star performing with them?  The only one I see here is Claire.

Edited by Tootie
5 minutes ago, Tootie said:

I realize there are several All Stars at the game, but I mean, who is the other All Star performing with them?  The only one I see here is Claire.

Claire is the only all star in this pic.

Danielle, Jessica, Amy T are the other All Stars.

Edited by PrincessLeia

If one of the girls were injured, they probably would have Jennifer or Amy fill in for the injured girl. Claire is a decent dancer, but she is no where close to Jennifer or Amy. I believe Katy Marie is also an All-Star also.

16 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Was Kashara still at point?

Yes 

20 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I think that's just a picture with DCC and a couple of all stars. No allstars performed did they?

It just seems strange because allstars do appearances so why would she be in the tunnel with the girls? All 36 performed at meet and greet so there wasn't an injury as far as 24 hours before the game. Who knows. 

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

Claire is the only all star in this pic.

Danielle, Jessica, Amy T are the other All Stars.

The All Stars will be there in uniform even if they are not performing.  Don't take their presence as an omen that all 4 were performing.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

The All Stars will be there in uniform even if they are not performing.  Don't take their presence as an omen that all 4 were performing.

Yes. I know they are.... I never said they would be performing. 

2 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

Honestly, I wrote her off a while ago because her social media turned me off for a bunch of reasons.

I have no idea what she says/does on social media, but I wrote her off after that "These shorts are shorter than my attention span" comment.  I didn't think that was cute at all, it was like "Tee hee, cute lil ol' blonde me, no attention span, I'm a ditz tee hee".

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, maineborzoi said:

I hope this link works-

For those that questioned how Allie and Raylee did on their solos etc, DCCMTT just posted this video on facebook..

Poor Allie--she looked awful!  

• Love 3

I seem to remember someone posted a link (or links) to Allie's solo somewhere and that fall was choreographed into her solo.  The only reason I remember it was that I had commented on it at the time as not being impressed in the least with it and it seemed rather boring as well.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I seem to remember someone posted a link (or links) to Allie's solo somewhere and that fall was choreographed into her solo.  The only reason I remember it was that I had commented on it at the time as not being impressed in the least with it and it seemed rather boring as well.

No way. That looked like a true stumble. If it was choreographed, it failed miserably.

• Love 5

The "Thank you to the Lord!" and "The Lord has other plans for me" crap really gets old, no?  Given how messed up the world currently is, if God gives two shits who does or does not make the DCC, then his/her priorities are REALLY messed up!

• Love 10