Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I really liked the segment on the veterans in last nights episode.  I watched it online this morning.  But I did not get to see the upcoming scenes for next week regarding Heather H's mistake and Holly (crying).  I really hope the Patriots Cheerleader, Alexandria, makes the squad!  I am rooting for her!

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Wondering if tonight is the night. One week till game day and it just seems like it's time to announce the team (if they haven't already and just have it on lockdown). 

⏱⏰?⏲ 

• Love 11
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

what-does-gif-mean-13.gif

I am anxious too and I'm at The Star all the time. Clearly, it's soon because we have a game next week. But, they are still analyzing...they have tough decisions to make because the TCCs remaining all have amazing attributes. Patience, the season is going to be fantastic!! 

• Love 12
16 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Plot twist, they kicked Holly out and begged JennK to come back. 

I didn't know Jen was "begged" back. I thought she retired and as "asked" by K + J to be Allstars and was also asked by K + J to doing some projects within DCC, like camp/junior DCC.

5 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

I didn't know Jen was "begged" back. I thought she retired and as "asked" by K + J to be Allstars and was also asked by K + J to doing some projects within DCC, like camp/junior DCC.

I think the post you quoted was meant as sarcastic. It's always hard to tell on online post to tell that.

• Love 2

Quick question here. I new to site...only 3 days here. But just found the show on Amazon last month and binge watched to bring myself current. Am I missing something or does there seem to be a disconnect this year. Maybe its simply the show format is different and its throwing me off.  Or is the DCC organization under more stress due to HOF and the demands intensified differently. I could assume. Help me out someone...what is it I am seeing.  Kelli seems to be so passionate on building the the brand through dance, performance, skill, character etc.... It's almost like something has threatened what she loves. (I do understand others are passionate too, Judy Charlotte etc) Perhaps I am too much of a noobie here and failing to understand the culture. What is going on...is it really just a new show format or did someone do something to hurt these wonderful ladies who work to form this organization? Sorry if this is OLD NEW...just delete this moderators or point me to the right page with answers. Apologizes up front...

After reading all the replies since the last time, I keep coming back to the big issue- underage drinking... In any state, that is an illegal activity, and even the "Bar owner" can loose their license over that.... Having read the club they were at was a "21" club makes it more so the point, as one under 21 could not have entered the establishment. ... LeGrande was let go due to missed practices, possibly lying to K&J in the following meeting, then arriving not prepared for practice soon afterwards.. Underage drinking is more of a " ambassadore" risk....

• Love 4
4 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yeah I mean I would probably be a bit more sympathetic if her issue was that she didn't now if it is Ivanka or Ivana AND be gracious and honest about it, although it's still icky. I don't really expect a cheerleader to hold an intricate political or philosophical discussion (not because I think they're stupid, but because it has nothing to do with their job), but not knowing who your president is, the first lady, the two political parties... I'm not American and I obviously know these things because 1. they are important 2. If you own a tv and/or a device that connects to the Internet, you are bount to at least see some of these things in passing.

I definitely agree that this question was out of the line. The way it was phrazed it was obvious that they weren't expecting a pro-Trump answer and while I certainly ain't a fan, these types of questions are unacceptable during a job interview. From what I understood, Caila was pro-Trump, probably because her family is and at her age it's common to be influenced by the people closest to you, but she didn't really follow him. And i've seen way too many people claiming that yes, the x thing that Trump said is awful but he's the best choice, and in the end of the day it's their right to support him if they want. Caila probably realized that she had to remain neutral and that's why she got so anxious about it.

21 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Don't know what to make of "Surprises" but I guess we'll find out the truth in a few weeks. 

IMG_2022.PNG

Kelli's Tweet about Holly yesterday has a lot of layers to it.

First, the use of the word "Surprise"...The verb "Surprise" is usually, not always, used in the English language to represent a jovial act or occasion when associated with a person. Would Kelli really use the word "Surprise" in association with ones ultimate personal demise or dismissal from the team. I really don't think she would.

Second, why would Kelli reply/sub tweet with Holly's Official DCC Twitter handle in the tweet.  You can easily remove that from your reply. If she wasn't associated with the Cowboys, Kelli would have almost certainly removed that from the reply. That speaks volumes on her status with the team currently.

Finally, Holly still has her official DCC Twitter handle. If she quit or was dismissed from the squad. That would have been changed by now. I'm not buying the argument that they haven't because of spoilers per MTT. CMT does not run the DCC they just observe, that DCC handle would have been changed faster than a Texas Tornado.

My Hypothesis - Holly is still a member of DCC, I'm dying to know what the heck is going on though.  

• Love 2

I too wish they would take all political - city, county, state, federal and international who-is-who, and what their political position on such-and-such-issue  questions off of the interview list.

the candidates are interviewing for a position of an organization with a long deep history - pull the quiz off questions out of their own history book. Ask what is the head coach wife's name.

I think one year a judge asked about someone's faith, as it related to the DCC uniform. which I didn't care for either.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, sATL said:

I too wish they would take all political - city, county, state, federal and international who-is-who, and what their political position on such-and-such-issue  questions off of the interview list.

the candidates are interviewing for a position of an organization with a long deep history - pull the quiz off questions out of their own history book. Ask what is the head coach wife's name.

I think one year a judge asked about someone's faith, as it related to the DCC uniform. which I didn't care for either.

I humbly disagree, DCC is more than just beautiful women who dance at an NFL game or just America's Sweethearts. They are world class ambassadors that represent not only Texas but the United States as they travel the world. These women need to be at a level of common knowledge to warrant that title. DCC is the biggest of the Big Leagues in this space. This isn't the DMDs or some random NFL Cheer team. If you don't know Obama was a Democrat or Republican or who the First Lady is currently, that's a level of ignorance that is a massive risk to DCC....being that, if you don't know that, what else do you not know. I also thought the DCC Uniform was a fair question for Maddies LDS faith a couple of seasons back. Great question, it shows how real and iconic the DCC really are. Now if K&J are listening, during panel interviews next season please bring one of those roll down classroom maps of the United States and ask them to point to where Texas is. Oh i would love to see someone stumble on that. 

Edited by McKinezeInFloMnd
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, CompassionPatched said:

Quick question here. I new to site...only 3 days here. But just found the show on Amazon last month and binge watched to bring myself current. Am I missing something or does there seem to be a disconnect this year. Maybe its simply the show format is different and its throwing me off.  Or is the DCC organization under more stress due to HOF and the demands intensified differently. I could assume. Help me out someone...what is it I am seeing.  Kelli seems to be so passionate on building the the brand through dance, performance, skill, character etc.... It's almost like something has threatened what she loves. (I do understand others are passionate too, Judy Charlotte etc) Perhaps I am too much of a noobie here and failing to understand the culture. What is going on...is it really just a new show format or did someone do something to hurt these wonderful ladies who work to form this organization? Sorry if this is OLD NEW...just delete this moderators or point me to the right page with answers. Apologizes up front...

I am making my first post now but I have been watching the show for a few years.  I don't think you are mistaken.  There is a lot on this organizations plate at this point in the year.  They are moving into a new facility, they are planning for the HOF trip,  and they are in auditions.  There are some new things that are added to the original format like a whole show for prelims and a separate show for semis and filming vet interviews before final auditions.  I think these are things that DCC are doing for the first time or haven't done in a long time because up until this 

Just now, GWN 617 said:

I am making my first post now but I have been watching the show for a few years.  I don't think you are mistaken.  There is a lot on this organizations plate at this point in the year.  They are moving into a new facility, they are planning for the HOF trip,  and they are in auditions.  There are some new things that are added to the original format like a whole show for prelims and a separate show for semis and filming vet interviews before final auditions.  I think these are things that DCC are doing for the first time or haven't done in a long time because up until this season all that was in maybe one or two shows now they are stretching things to fit in 3 or 4 shows.

When the show group makes appearances like at a hospital, USO tour, signing photos, shows with  music stars, how much speaking are they doing to the audience?

I guess I am thinking they are doing more answering quick/short DCC/dance/game questions, and/or general questions like where they are from, do you go to school/work, and being generally friendly with replies, like "thank you for coming", etc. Usually visits at k-12 schools have a set agenda (that is tied to some educational standard) like reading a book, doing arts/crafts/ phys ed, etc

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

The political questions, such as the question Jay asked Caila, are inappropriate. Asking the name of the First Lady, is not. It's not really political.

Every girl who auditions for the DCC SHOULD know the names of the President of the US, VPres, and First lady. Heck I knew that stuff back when I was in elementary, junior high! And HS.

• Love 9

I just know how it feels to be asked something in an interview situation that you know and have your mind go completely blank ... and then the panic sets in. Sitting in front of Charlotte, Kelli, Judy and everyone else on that panel has to be scary — especially for girls with not much life experience. And on top of that, add the CMT cameras and MTT's penchant for highlighting the "I don't know" responses. That is SO much pressure!! 

• Love 5

First of all, Kalyssa said she was valedictorian of her HS class, so how did she not know the name of our First Lady???  Seems odd to me. 

Second, I can't believe Dayton did not make the team. She did so much better that Cassie Trammel did when she tried out, and yet, she made

the team without a problem. Cassie couldn't even smile during prelims!!! She was a nervous wreck. Remember, she text her mom to say she was "sorry" for 

disappointing her!! There is definitely a difference in treatment for sure. 

I also have a feeling that Brianna was kicking low during semifinals, because she had just tried out for the Rockettes, and she was kicking at their level.

Just wondering if she got confused?? Just a theory. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

First of all, Kalyssa said she was valedictorian of her HS class, so how did she not know the name of our First Lady???  Seems odd to me. 

Second, I can't believe Dayton did not make the team. She did so much better that Cassie Trammel did when she tried out, and yet, she made

the team without a problem. Cassie couldn't even smile during prelims!!! She was a nervous wreck. Remember, she text her mom to say she was "sorry" for 

I also have a feeling that Brianna was kicking low during semifinals, because she had just tried out for the Rockettes, and she was kicking at their level.

Was she homeschooled?

I think Brianna got there, probably struggled for the first time in her life, was away from home, and sort of like "screw this, I want to be a Rockette", and didn't really even try her best. She's probably not to sorry she's home. I liked her. Maybe next year, maybe not.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Bri spent two summers with the Rockettes:)

Edited by Rosiemac
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Tootie said:

DCC TCC 1.jpg

DCC TCC 2.jpg

After reviewing this, I just realized that neither Lacey, nor Katelyn (sp?) made it. Dang...they were two of the ones I liked.  It's nice however to finally start recognizing some people in the pictures. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

The political questions, such as the question Jay asked Caila, are inappropriate.

I agree...explaining your political opinion has zero to do with their job as a DCC.  I think a more appropriate question would be something like "You're at an event and somebody discusses a political philosophy that you disagree with.  How would you handle this?" 

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 14
Just now, ByTor said:

I agree...explaining your political opinion has zero to do with their job as a DCC.  I think a more appropriate question would be something like "You're at an event and somebody discusses a political philosophy that you disagree with.  How would you handle this?" 

Yes, this!!!! This is what I was getting at before with Jay and Trump and the Wall. It would not be a stretch to think that the girls might encounter this situation, and I was truly curious as to what Jay considered the "correct" answer there.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

This is what I was getting at before with Jay and Trump and the Wall. It would not be a stretch to think that the girls might encounter this situation, and I was truly curious as to what Jay considered the "correct" answer there.

Exactly. It's immaterial whether they agree or disagree, giving their opinion is bound to offend someone.  Since they are supposed to be non-controversial ambassadors, the important thing is that they are able to discuss an issue without interjecting their feelings.  And yes, I do think as human beings they are entitled to express their opinions, it's just that there is a time & place for it.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Totally! 

I still crack up over the chick who thought the Vice Presidents name was OBiden.

That was one of my favorite panel interview moments! ????Moron!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Totally! 

I still crack up over the chick who thought the Vice Presidents name was OBiden.

That was one of my favorite panel interview moments! ????Moron!

Lmao yes! O'biden, o'bama, o'cedar ! Lol

another one was when charlotte asked the one girl if the NFL expanded into Europe which country should they go to first and she said "Africa". ?

2 hours ago, DBAAT said:

Oh well Cassie is a whole different topic. Im 1000% with you that she got special treatment, which is why i'm glad Dayton didn't make it this year. She wasn't dcc fit, she isn't the most powerful dancer and her interview was less than stellar. Their decision was fair imo, but I also think that if she works hars during this season, she can totally make it next year on her own right.

42 minutes ago, Rita J said:

Lmao yes! O'biden, o'bama, o'cedar ! Lol

another one was when charlotte asked the one girl if the NFL expanded into Europe which country should they go to first and she said "Africa". ?

Tbh, I wonder how even an intelligent candidate would answer that. Europe could care less about american football so as a european i would say just don't do it, we are obsessed with our kind of football and make fun of you for calling your version football as well :p

• Love 2

Yet, none of those girls made it. Kalyssa and Tasha will be on the squad no matter how stupid they are, because K&J like them. It's all political.

Caila get's cut for weight, yet Kashara makes it when she was overweight from the beginning. Of course, she ended up looking fabulous, and being

such a great addition. Taylor, the truck girl, was such a strong performer, yet they cut her for kicks. They totally disregarded Brianna's kicks because 

they liked her. Nothing is set in stone as far as I can see. Rules apply when it's convenient for them.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Yet, none of those girls made it. Kalyssa and Tasha will be on the squad no matter how stupid they are, because K&J like them. It's all political.

Caila get's cut for weight, yet Kashara makes it when she was overweight from the beginning. Of course, she ended up looking fabulous, and being

such a great addition. Taylor, the truck girl, was such a strong performer, yet they cut her for kicks. They totally disregarded Brianna's kicks because 

they liked her. Nothing is set in stone as far as I can see. Rules apply when it's convenient for them.

Imo Kashara is still overweight but they definitely let things "pass" for likability it feels like. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, sATL said:

I agree! And can I add because I'm here lol:

Yes, the women will likely be around world famous people but politics, religion and other such things are SO polarizing. The interviewers shouldn't ask these questions as you're kind of pushing people to defend their stance on polarizing topics, even lightly! I'm a moderate but I know that perfectly nice people are straight vilified for being Democrat/Republican/etc. I think it is more important for the women to be able to communicate and handle meet n' greets and engage with fans and the DC sponsors.  

Anyone asking cheerleaders about deeply intense things about politics and religion, etc. is kind of rude IMO-- the cheerleaders should be told and trained how to tactfully dodge these bait conversations when they make the TCC as a whole. I worked in a super conservative workplace and even I knew how to gracefully dodge conversation bullets. Simply and politely saying "I am not familiar with the topic, apologies"  or "I am uncomfortable with the topic may we discuss something else" would take care of those issues. 

Not knowing your future DCC chain of command, current president and First Lady is wrong--know your bosses, ladies lol. Not knowing current world situations is a bit naive but just say you're not familiar, can we discuss something else? 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I've been gone for months.... I'm trying to remain mostly unspoiled, so I'm really just reading the episode threads. I read about Jenna and the HOF game, and just wanted to chime in. I have no idea where we post about current DCC's now, but I just have to say, I'm NOT A FAN. My daughter did Camp DCC this summer, and I spoke with Jenna several times. She came off as a stuck up snob. I hate saying that because I don't know her, but I usually read people really well. Every time I spoke with Jenna she struck me as insincere. 

On on the flip side, Kelli Quinn has to be one of the kindest girls on the squad. You can tell she's older, but in a good way. She's very polished, poised, and my daughter absolutely adored her. She could tell I was nervous about dropping her off, and she instantly put me at ease. My daughter also loved Maggie, Jinelle, and Heather O. I only spoke with Maggie, and she seemed incredibly sweet. But Jenna... meh. Not a fan. At all. It was almost like she'd rather be anywhere but there. A "too cool for school, disinterested vibe."

I love you so much for this post #sippingteaaaaaa!!! I'm also happy Maggie and Kelly are as kind as they appear. :) I hope your daughter had a great experience overall! 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I love you so much for this post #sippingteaaaaaa!!! I'm also happy Maggie and Kelly are as kind as they appear. :) I hope your daughter had a great experience overall! 

She did.,.. our shy girl turned into a rockstar on the field. We bought her a mini DCC uniform and they gave them smaller versions of the DCC Pom poms. Signed her up for jazz the following week!

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DelilahBlue said:

I just know how it feels to be asked something in an interview situation that you know and have your mind go completely blank ... and then the panic sets in. Sitting in front of Charlotte, Kelli, Judy and everyone else on that panel has to be scary — especially for girls with not much life experience. And on top of that, add the CMT cameras and MTT's penchant for highlighting the "I don't know" responses. That is SO much pressure!! 

Absolutely. And they really have to be able to handle themselves under that type of scrutiny. I think the political questions reflect that - I doubt they are looking for the girls to spill their guts on why they do/don't support Trump's wall or whatever, but how they would handle themselves if they were asked that question. The political climate is such a huge part of our culture now that I can't imagine that they wouldn't be exposed to that a least a few times while in uniform.

Edited by 123DCCWoooo
  • Love 3
On 8/8/2017 at 10:11 PM, Dcc fan said:

Good to know. I remember Kelly standing in an area with Jackie and that rookie in a place what looks like a single room with just those lockers there with the conversation with Kelli pulling that rookie out. Well good to know. Thanks Shelly. Love having you on here to correct the facts. 

I remember this too.  It was definitely off to the side as these lockers where they were standing were facing a wall. But also I clearly remember Kelli's name tag up on the top of the locker too, like how the girls have in the main area. 

On 8/10/2017 at 3:13 PM, ShellyB said:

They video all new choreo to have a study guide. 

Gah! Ok I was always wondering that!   I was thinking ...  You have to be a super-human-choreo-memorizing-beast to "take it home" and perfect what you learned that night, from just memory.  Makes total sense now.  Now I see why Judy often says they should come back tomorrow "knowing it" and being able to "perform" it.  

On 8/9/2017 at 9:09 PM, RhiRhi said:

Oh Allie and Holly are no longer friends and haven't been for a while. 

Oh my gosh this hot tea is so good tonight, ladies.  Please direct me to the page that this was discussed on because oh mylanta I'm in shock. I didn't catch this on the boards! 

• Love 6

I would be so upset if Holly weren't back. I think that she is the best they have had in years and years, maybe ever in recent memory. She is simply gifted and her absence would be sorely missed on many levels. I think that her level of effortless and perfection must have pushed others to be better. My opinion, based on the Kelli's tweet, is that she is still on the team. I believe her response would have been much more stern or formal if she were not on the team, or would have simply ignored it. 

I think that they should have done a lot to try to keep her on the team. I don't think she is replaceable or expendable,and I think she is one in a million, someone who rarely comes around. I remember once Kitty said that she could do show group all by herself. 

I don't know... may be wishful thinking, but Kelli's reply seemed light hearted and airy. Not sure what she said about Hannah or Chelsea, but I feel her response would have been more formal, more straightforward. Her response sounds like something you may say to a kid who is pestering you about what you bought them for Christmas or their birthday... I don't know, you have to wait and see!! 

There is a video of Holly and Madeline on both of their IGs of them dancing to a Chris Brown song and I have watched it at least 10 times and can't stop. Holly is simply amazing. She has something so extra, so fluid, so special, and it cannot be taught. It is a gift. Although Madeline is very good, she pales in comparison to Holly. Holly is just... more than special. She is really, really gifted and has some kind of something about her that you can't take you eyes off of her. She is memorizing and innovative and creative and really feels the music in her body and is able to express it so incredibly. She has a twinkle in her eye. 

They would be fools to let her go. Just my opinion. I am sure they overlook many things of the women on this team, and although Holly may have done something they didn't like, I feel they could meet in the middle somehow. They gave many more chances to way less talented people, and I am sure many more we will never know about. 

• Love 4
On 8/11/2017 at 1:24 AM, PrincessLeia said:

I've been gone for months.... I'm trying to remain mostly unspoiled, so I'm really just reading the episode threads. I read about Jenna and the HOF game, and just wanted to chime in. I have no idea where we post about current DCC's now, but I just have to say, I'm NOT A FAN. My daughter did Camp DCC this summer, and I spoke with Jenna several times. She came off as a stuck up snob. I hate saying that because I don't know her, but I usually read people really well. Every time I spoke with Jenna she struck me as insincere. 

On on the flip side, Kelli Quinn has to be one of the kindest girls on the squad. You can tell she's older, but in a good way. She's very polished, poised, and my daughter absolutely adored her. She could tell I was nervous about dropping her off, and she instantly put me at ease. My daughter also loved Maggie, Jinelle, and Heather O. I only spoke with Maggie, and she seemed incredibly sweet. But Jenna... meh. Not a fan. At all. It was almost like she'd rather be anywhere but there. A "too cool for school, disinterested vibe."

I totally adore Kelli SQ!! She is a Special Needs school teacher so she has that natural ability to bond with young kids. I'd give anything to meet her.  

I don't care for Jenna that much after watching her w/ Holly P live on IG that last night of auditions while waiting for the judges to return. They both acted really uppity and "all about them". 

Edited by cpope
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Dccfanatic said:

I would be so upset if Holly weren't back. I think that she is the best they have had in years and years, maybe ever in recent memory. She is simply gifted and her absence would be sorely missed on many levels. I think that her level of effortless and perfection must have pushed others to be better. My opinion, based on the Kelli's tweet, is that she is still on the team. I believe her response would have been much more stern or formal if she were not on the team, or would have simply ignored it. 

I think that they should have done a lot to try to keep her on the team. I don't think she is replaceable or expendable,and I think she is one in a million, someone who rarely comes around. I remember once Kitty said that she could do show group all by herself. 

I don't know... may be wishful thinking, but Kelli's reply seemed light hearted and airy. Not sure what she said about Hannah or Chelsea, but I feel her response would have been more formal, more straightforward. Her response sounds like something you may say to a kid who is pestering you about what you bought them for Christmas or their birthday... I don't know, you have to wait and see!! 

There is a video of Holly and Madeline on both of their IGs of them dancing to a Chris Brown song and I have watched it at least 10 times and can't stop. Holly is simply amazing. She has something so extra, so fluid, so special, and it cannot be taught. It is a gift. Although Madeline is very good, she pales in comparison to Holly. Holly is just... more than special. She is really, really gifted and has some kind of something about her that you can't take you eyes off of her. She is memorizing and innovative and creative and really feels the music in her body and is able to express it so incredibly. She has a twinkle in her eye. 

They would be fools to let her go. Just my opinion. I am sure they overlook many things of the women on this team, and although Holly may have done something they didn't like, I feel they could meet in the middle somehow. They gave many more chances to way less talented people, and I am sure many more we will never know about. 

Honestly the "but Holly is an amazing dancer" excuse isn't worth a flip when it comes to doing something illegal on top of fraternizing with players. They've cut girls for less, and K+J have to keep a tight ship. The rumors probably reached higher ups and they were forced to nip this up quick. There will be dozens of "Hollys", and god willing I hope people let all of this go soon. The comments on social media are getting out of hand. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Every girl who auditions for the DCC SHOULD know the names of the President of the US, VPres, and First lady. Heck I knew that stuff back when I was in elementary, junior high! And HS.

Hmmm - this is a "do-you-remember-way-back-when" for me to ponder.... I wouldn't have known back in elementary and JHS who the first lady was. I had to look up who was the VP when I was in elementary just now. We had schools in the system named like Roosevelt, Kennedy, Washington, Madison, Monroe, Lincoln etc and even then I don't think the focus was much on the wives. we didn't use the term First Lady, or the first name much - the news was like the President and Mrs. XXX traveled to ...

I grew up in a city&era where local politics/elections, such as the role of the school board, neighborhood representatives and the mayor officials were more of a topic of discussion, than US history in the lower grades. Every blue moon was a discussion about the state level officials. Even the famous HS US history class (now that was a fun class period which I remember - I had a memorable teacher) , I'm trying to remember how much time we spent talking about the First Lady. College was classes like micro/ macro economics and world history.

{putting on my thinking cap}.

I will give the TCC-candidate a small-pass, for now, on that interview question. I know what my mind was like at age 18-21 on US political and economic issues. Maybe the panel could have asked a follow-up, like which first lady, at any elected level, do you admire/had great influence to her, what is her role, or who is the actual elected US president . That would have tested her conversation skills. And I do respect the fact that some people are more political savvy and have a historical databank than others. And we don't know yet, how did she respond to the other questions. We've all been in interviews where we didn't know the answer to the question to - and still got the job.

Edited by sATL