Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I wonder if it's still their most watched show? 

Yes, their highest rated show for the last 2 years, which is why the contract was extended. It is also the networks longest running show. Negotiations for new season start happening late Dec./Jan. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I wonder if it's still their most watched show? 

Not to dim the light of MTT which is CMT's longest running non musical show, Nashville is their highest rated and most watched show in CMT history. This will help MTT as it follows Nashville this season. 

3 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Conspiracy theories abound.....I'm going to add a few of my own.

Holly's DCC Twitter is still active even though Holly herself hasn't posted.  So here's what I think:

1.  She's pregnant?  She's protected by FMLA as an active veteran.

2.  She's injured?  She's protected by FMLA as an active veteran.

3.  She's got a family emergency that requires her to be away.  FMLA laws apply to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders no matter how much it may irk Kelli.

4.  She's been hired by the DCC to be an assistant choreographer or an assistant to Judy.

5.  Lastly, how do we know she was drinking anything alcoholic while at the club?  Some clubs allow entry to those underage if accompanied by an adult.

I really hope Holly's not done with the DCC and the disappearance of Holly is a ratings ploy.  Holly and Maddie are my favorites.

The club she was in is 21+ (I'm from Dallas and Ive been to the establishment)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

I thought they just said she was cute and spunky?!

They did but in the next episode teaser, girl turns the wrong way during kicks.

Edited by pizzaislife
Wrong word
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

Dang it Heather.... at least the mystery is some what solved. ?

You're talking about Heather H? What did she do?  Haven't watched it yet; DH is hogging the TV so I had to DVR it.

Edited by MrsEVH

I just glanced over at the TV as am still working through the Forum after the show and it has a teaser for next week showing Holly practicing with head phones and then cuts to her facing the glass window and appears to be wiping tears from her eyes.  Guess this is about the ta ta incident

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I just glanced over at the TV as am still working through the Forum after the show and it has a teaser for next week showing Holly practicing with head phones and then cuts to her facing the glass window and appears to be wiping tears from her eyes.  Guess this is about the ta ta incident

I just saw that. She was crying and said "I put myself up here and I felt like I just did awful. This is the most embarrassing moment of my life." She was over at the window and crying and a couple of teammates came up to her. 

It didn't look like she was wearing a top that would come off easily... Guess we'll see. The preview also showed panel interviews and Dayton did not know who the First Lady was. But there was also a preview earlier that showed Kalyssa not knowing the answer to that either. 

First time poster here! Been lurking for a while.

Edited by Roo22
Typo
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

They did but in the next episode teaser, girl turns the wrong way during kicks.

Ugh I missed that! Poor Heather.. I'm going to have to go back and watch. But you would think one mistake during kickline would ruin her chances thattt badly? So heart breaking. It would've almost made me feel better if we thought she bombed the interview or was out of shape or something. 

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

Ugh I missed that! Poor Heather.. I'm going to have to go back and watch. But you would think one mistake during kickline would ruin her chances thattt badly? So heart breaking. It would've almost made me feel better if we thought she bombed the interview or was out of shape or something. 

That's what I said. And she may still have a bad interview but they don't look too kindly on big mistakes like that. She has been doing that kick line for a year. Still one of my favorites though. 

They really got lucky setting up the Jenna storyline -- even if she was on probation they can easily play it as "Jenna made the ultimate sacrifice as a leader to stay behind and work with the rookies" when it comes time to show the Hall of Fame Game.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Shadow. Bottom of her top looks dark. Her abs look great.

She is a hot mess...multiple plastic surgeries to her face, chest and abdomen ...why oh why would she be a good representation to young ladies ?? she states fake it til you  make it ...sad so very sad for little girls who look up to DCC

18 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

They really got lucky setting up the Jenna storyline -- even if she was on probation they can easily play it as "Jenna made the ultimate sacrifice as a leader to stay behind and work with the rookies" when it comes time to show the Hall of Fame Game.

Jenna is a disappointment

Edited by lfedncr
  • Love 1

I've been gone for months.... I'm trying to remain mostly unspoiled, so I'm really just reading the episode threads. I read about Jenna and the HOF game, and just wanted to chime in. I have no idea where we post about current DCC's now, but I just have to say, I'm NOT A FAN. My daughter did Camp DCC this summer, and I spoke with Jenna several times. She came off as a stuck up snob. I hate saying that because I don't know her, but I usually read people really well. Every time I spoke with Jenna she struck me as insincere. 

On on the flip side, Kelli Quinn has to be one of the kindest girls on the squad. You can tell she's older, but in a good way. She's very polished, poised, and my daughter absolutely adored her. She could tell I was nervous about dropping her off, and she instantly put me at ease. My daughter also loved Maggie, Jinelle, and Heather O. I only spoke with Maggie, and she seemed incredibly sweet. But Jenna... meh. Not a fan. At all. It was almost like she'd rather be anywhere but there. A "too cool for school, disinterested vibe."

• Love 16

Wow, they asked that one rookie finalist who the First Lady of the United States is, and she had no clue. I'm sorry, but that should be an automatic disqualifier...how could you be that removed from current events. That's exponentially worse than not knowing who the NFL Commissioner is, or how many yards are on a football field. I once knew this girl that could not point to where Texas is on a map of the United States. Not knowing the First Lady. is like K&J asking a candidate whats that round yellow ball in the sky that produces heat and light and rises and sets daily. Sorry ma'am I'm not sure. but I would like to say Go Cowboys!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Wow, they asked that one rookie finalist who the First Lady of the United States is, and she had no clue. I'm sorry, but that should be an automatic disqualifier...how could you be that removed from current events. That's exponentially worse than not knowing who the NFL Commissioner is, or how many yards are on a football field. I once knew this girl that could not point to where Texas is on a map of the United States. Not knowing the First Lady. is like K&J asking a candidate whats that round yellow ball in the sky that produces heat and light and rises and sets daily. Sorry ma'am I'm not sure. but I would like to say Go Cowboys!

She should have been prepared for that question.  Has she watched the show?  That's a gimmie question.  It's hard for me to see girls get cut that blunder on that segment of the tryouts if I like them.  

Edited by DaisyFields500
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I've been gone for months.... I'm trying to remain mostly unspoiled, so I'm really just reading the episode threads. I read about Jenna and the HOF game, and just wanted to chime in. I have no idea where we post about current DCC's now, but I just have to say, I'm NOT A FAN. My daughter did Camp DCC this summer, and I spoke with Jenna several times. She came off as a stuck up snob. I hate saying that because I don't know her, but I usually read people really well. Every time I spoke with Jenna she struck me as insincere. 

On on the flip side, Kelli Quinn has to be one of the kindest girls on the squad. You can tell she's older, but in a good way. She's very polished, poised, and my daughter absolutely adored her. She could tell I was nervous about dropping her off, and she instantly put me at ease. My daughter also loved Maggie, Jinelle, and Heather O. I only spoke with Maggie, and she seemed incredibly sweet. But Jenna... meh. Not a fan. At all. It was almost like she'd rather be anywhere but there. A "too cool for school, disinterested vibe."

It's nice to read your first impressions of the cheerleaders.  The Jenna first impression breaks my heart because I like what I see on TV.  Some famous people it is best I don't know much about them because sometimes I end up hating them. I wish it was more fun.  I hope Jenna is not one of them for me. LOL  Jinelle always come off as a sweet person when I see her on TV and pictures. 

Edited by DaisyFields500
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Roo22 said:

I just saw that. She was crying and said "I put myself up here and I felt like I just did awful. This is the most embarrassing moment of my life." She was over at the window and crying and a couple of teammates came up to her. 

It didn't look like she was wearing a top that would come off easily... Guess we'll see. The preview also showed panel interviews and Dayton did not know who the First Lady was. But there was also a preview earlier that showed Kalyssa not knowing the answer to that either. 

First time poster here! Been lurking for a while.

Seriously? They didn't know who the first lady is? Wth? So stupid offends Kelly only when it comes to Kelsey and girls she doesn't like, but a legacy who really has no excuse (she is the only legacy after Cassie who has access to that many inside info) and an overly sexual dancer who could easily be considered a bimbo after this...they are fine! kelsey has the issue obviously!

2 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

That's what I said. And she may still have a bad interview but they don't look too kindly on big mistakes like that. She has been doing that kick line for a year. Still one of my favorites though. 

What confuses me about vet cuts, is that they know how good they actually are during games and performances. Most of the times it's vets who were on the bubble the whole year, but Heather was supposedly fine and Raylee was good enough for her second year... so i can't see how a minor mistake would cost them their job after a whole year.

• Love 3

I think if the First Lady had been Barbara Bush or Rosalyn Carter or Michelle Obama--or even Ladybird Johnson--it would have been much easier to answer.   All those people staring at a young girl perhaps not drawn to politics--"is it Ivanka or Ivana,--no".  I would have panicked and just said Mrs. Trump.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think if the First Lady had been Barbara Bush or Rosalyn Carter or Michelle Obama--or even Ladybird Johnson--it would have been much easier to answer.   All those people staring at a young girl perhaps not drawn to politics--"is it Ivanka or Ivana,--no".  I would have panicked and just said Mrs. Trump.

I mean, no. It's the First Lady. If you don't know that, just no.

You don't need to be "drawn to politics" to know the first last -- just a semi-functioning non-idiot.

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I disagree. Melania is one of the most visible First Ladies to an audience that's grown up in reality shows and pageantry. That was a really stupid brain fart answer to a gimme question. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, lfedncr said:

She is a hot mess...multiple plastic surgeries to her face, chest and abdomen ...why oh why would she be a good representation to young ladies ?? she states fake it til you  make it ...sad so very sad for little girls who look up to DCC

Jenna is a disappointment

Hahaha no wonder her abs look good then!

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I mean, no. It's the First Lady. If you don't know that, just no.

You don't need to be "drawn to politics" to know the first last -- just a semi-functioning non-idiot.

Yes, I know you are correct.   I probably am too sympathetic and not tough enough.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I can give them a break for not knowing other people in the administration/family, but the First Lady - you need to know. Now if they asked, what is Trump's youngest daughter's name, I get why some people would get that wrong, for instance.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DaisyFields500 said:

It's nice to read your first impressions of the cheerleaders.  The Jenna first impression breaks my heart because I like what I see on TV.  Some famous people it is best I don't know much about them because sometimes I end up hating them. I wish it was more fun.  I hope Jenna is not one of them for me. LOL  Jinelle always come off as a sweet person when I see her on TV and pictures. 

Hey, I still could be totally wrong about Jenna. I don't know her personally. It was just this vibe she gave off. But I also thought she came off as fake and forced last night during the vet interviews. 

• Love 6

Saw the new photo advertising the show where Holly's photo was first cut out and then another cheerleader (redhead) replaced her.  It seems that it wasn't that she left under a good and positive situation but left in a huff or was asked to leave.  Look how long we have had advertisements and opening for the show with those who have left remaining on the ads.  Clearly they all left in a positive way.  You never want to burn your bridges.  Not getting a positive recommendation there.  I am a Holly supporter and loved how her first season showed how open and fresh she was but am disappointed at the turn of events.

• Love 3

See...that's a hard question because we know it's Melania but Ivanka acts more like the first lady than Melania does.

Dayton making it to finals is ridiculous.  They should have given that spot to someone else.  That was a really yucky moment in last night's show.  And Miranda's boobs are JACKED UP!!!!  Gross!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, DaisyFields500 said:

She should have been prepared for that question.  Has she watched the show?  That's a gimmie question.  It's hard for me to see girls get cut that blunder on that segment of the tryouts if I like them.  

Right? 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Dayton making it to finals is ridiculous.  They should have given that spot to someone else.  That was a really yucky moment in last night's show.  And Miranda's boobs are JACKED UP!!!!  Gross!

I am sure she (Miranda) is an "amazing dancer" 

but I am more offended by her camel toe. Damn girl 

Edited by mcmrdh
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I do believe one of the girls asked to name the First Lady said she didn't know how to pronounce it.  Still not great but not as bad as not knowing at all.

At least she didn't say "Tom Landry"! (memories of Zoey)

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I didn't see anything terrible. And remember the disclosure says (loosely quoting) "you may be portrayed in a manner unfavorable or untrue."   All of them probably had shining moments.  It is just what the editors decided to show.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 1

A reminder--The rule is no politics if there are no politics in the show, and if there are politics in the show, it has to pertain to what was in the show. Some questions about current events are asked of the training camp candidates and discussing the girls' responses are fine. (They should know/doesn't matter if they understand, different generations knowledge of current events etc) Talking about demographics of political supporters and cities vs rural etc--that's going too far. Some posts that went down the political path a little too far were removed.  

Please PM with any questions or need for clarification.

Thanks!!

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Bailey3606 said:

Just want to mention that she was merely just with Zeke at his table. She wasn't doing anything innapropriate (besides underage drinking of course) and there wasn't any flirting that I saw. She was simply with his entire group.

Zeke was 21 at the time so even if they mentioned it on the show, it wouldn't make him look bad because he did nothing wrong. 

What happened two days later, on a Sunday with the DJ is completely unrelated to Holly and therefore definitely won't be mentioned on the show.

Do we know for sure that she wasn't there on Sunday as well?

Okay - came back to this thread after a really long break, trying to catch up but it's sooo many pages - so is it established that "the great Holly" is gone from the team???  Over some indiscretions w/ players and possible association w/ the Ezekiel Elliott mess?  Holy crap if so...  I thought she was going to be point this year cause she is a favorite and a huge kiss up/opportunist, and now she may be off the team?  Just wow.

Sounds like Jenna in trouble, but still on the team.  

Craziness.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Wondering if tonight is the night. One week till game day and it just seems like it's time to announce the team (if they haven't already and just have it on lockdown). 

I've suspected lockdown for a couple wks.

• Love 1