Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Yes that may help.  On the FB "questions for the DCC" I'd say over half of them were questioning Holly's status, which of course could not be answered.  

Do wish Shelly could at least give a hint.  And the poster that said Holly wasn't the team is certainly correct.  We just don't have anything else to concentrate on right now.

Kelli did respond to someone on twitter asking if it's true Holly quit, she said we have to wait and watch the show to find out.  So yes, they are certainly planning to address it (and obviously they know they have to since Holly was so visible/fan favorite); I will just be curious to see HOW they present it.  I know people are frustrated by lack of spoilers this season but there are reasons for that (and relates to why there is no official team announcement yet) and Kelli's right, keep watching the show and see it all soon enough. :)  Believe me, this season is going to be quite exciting/dramatic if they show everything that's gone down and everything CMT has been able to record. 

In other news, I think the comment about Holly not being the team is such an interesting topic. Obviously she's not but it's intriguing how she is SUCH a standout that even the non-die-hard-fans have noticed something is up.  I know that social media in thsi day and age plays a role in it, of course, but I can't think of any other season where they've had such a major fan favorite that people would immediately notice if they disappeared before the season started. It's wonderful to have strong talent on the team but i have to wonder what kelli REALLY thinks about that at the end of the day.  there's something to be said for the more lowkey yet talented Laceys, Jinelles and Amy L's, etc. 

43 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Who is the first girl in pink from our right? She is so obviously lost!

i'm thinking that is Molly/Rachel (again, i have a hard time telling them apart! but i think Molly) 

21 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

The TCC on the 50 yard line needs a little more power & I would like it cleaner and more precise...but she can kick!  These are all great kicks!  Just my humble opinion.  

agreed! kicks looked good! I also have to give the girls a little grace if they look a bit lost at times...this is the point in the summer where people potentially get shifted around as some groups lose more girls than others and have to be moved around/learn new spacing/go a different direction maybe/etc. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Kelli did respond to someone on twitter asking if it's true Holly quit, she said we have to wait and watch the show to find out.  So yes, they are certainly planning to address it (and obviously they know they have to since Holly was so visible/fan favorite); I will just be curious to see HOW they present it.  I know people are frustrated by lack of spoilers this season but there are reasons for that (and relates to why there is no official team announcement yet) and Kelli's right, keep watching the show and see it all soon enough. :)  Believe me, this season is going to be quite exciting/dramatic if they show everything that's gone down and everything CMT has been able to record. 

In other news, I think the comment about Holly not being the team is such an interesting topic. Obviously she's not but it's intriguing how she is SUCH a standout that even the non-die-hard-fans have noticed something is up.  I know that social media in thsi day and age plays a role in it, of course, but I can't think of any other season where they've had such a major fan favorite that people would immediately notice if they disappeared before the season started. It's wonderful to have strong talent on the team but i have to wonder what kelli REALLY thinks about that at the end of the day.  there's something to be said for the more lowkey yet talented Laceys, Jinelles and Amy L's, etc. 

i'm thinking that is Molly/Rachel (again, i have a hard time telling them apart! but i think Molly) 

agreed! kicks looked good! I also have to give the girls a little grace if they look a bit lost at times...this is the point in the summer where people potentially get shifted around as some groups lose more girls than others and have to be moved around/learn new spacing/go a different direction maybe/etc. 

It is Miranda 

Edited by lfedncr
Missspelled

"Take Home Girl"... Now that is a concept that I just don't understand. Granted I have never been in a dance class.

If you don't know the dance or what you did or doing wrong, how is going home practicing going to "make it right" the next day? You could spend all night doing something wrong, when you thought it was right. Is there a dvd or live stream of the dance somewhere? That is kinda why when I see two or more TCC doing "take home" practicing, it could be the blind leading the blind. I know it would be an imposition, but it would be better to room with a veteran, for home practice. I do like it when a veteran comes early and does "tutoring" - with or with Mellissa R.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Well Kelli's twitter response seems to imply that not only are they ok with all of the speculation, but that they welcome it to the extent that it gets people to tune in to the show. Also, unless they're going to go way out of order, not sure how they're going to keep the "is Holly on the team or not" speculation going for too long. I imagine the football season would be well underway before they get to this incident on the show, since it happened towards the end of training camp.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Well Kelli's twitter response seems to imply that not only are they ok with all of the speculation, but that they welcome it to the extent that it gets people to tune in to the show. Also, unless they're going to go way out of order, not sure how they're going to keep the "is Holly on the team or not" speculation going for too long. I imagine the football season would be well underway before they get to this incident on the show, since it happened towards the end of training camp.

when life gives you lemons...! 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Holly does seem like she's in it more for self-promotion. She's an incredible performer, which can get you far in the organization, but it's still a team. And K&J most likely go with the betterment of the team over the individual. There's plenty of good talent knocking on DCC's door, so no one is irreplaceable at this point.

Yes, there's a lot of great talent on DCC. I just hate to have Holly go out in a throwing-a-fit kind of way.  Would rather she have retired when she felt the time was right.  And if Kelli (spelling?) is hinting that we'll see what happened with Holly on MTT, then Kelli's not embarrassed or uncomfortable with what went down. To me, that doesn't bode well for Holly. Maybe Holly just tore a muscle or something...?  Guess well find out!

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

when life gives you lemons...! 

Yeah, I get it lol. More speculation from me (but hey, why not at this point), but Kelli's response does make me think that Holly is either on some sort of probation but still on the team or that she quit. If she did quit, that may have been followed by a discussion where they reminded her of her contract and made it clear that she can't say or do anything that would give away what happened. This could obviously be way off base, but seems odd that they would kick her off and then basically hold everything in limbo (twitter, etc). It would basically be saying - "what you're did was so serious that you're gone, BUT we're still gonna let you have a DCC twitter and when people ask about you, we're going to refuse to say that you're not still a DCC." May be ok legally, but very strange IMO.

1 hour ago, sATL said:

"Take Home Girl"... Now that is a concept that I just don't understand. Granted I have never been in a dance class.

If you don't know the dance or what you did or doing wrong, how is going home practicing going to "make it right" the next day? You could spend all night doing something wrong, when you thought it was right. Is there a dvd or live stream of the dance somewhere? That is kinda why when I see two or more TCC doing "take home" practicing, it could be the blind leading the blind. I know it would be an imposition, but it would be better to room with a veteran, for home practice. I do like it when a veteran comes early and does "tutoring" - with or with Mellissa R.

I think they mean that some girls do get the choreo, but at the same time get a bit confused when actually dancing it out. I've never been on a professional level, but i've been taking dance class my whole life and it does take me some to really perform a choreo. I'm sure i'm not explaining it correctly :p but i know the counts and the correct moves, but when the song plays i start missing moves until i've had enough practice.

1 hour ago, sATL said:

They video all new choreo to have a study guide. 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

This could obviously be way off base, but seems odd that they would kick her off and then basically hold everything in limbo (twitter, etc). It would basically be saying - "what you're did was so serious that you're gone, BUT we're still gonna let you have a DCC twitter and when people ask about you, we're going to refuse to say that you're not still a DCC." May be ok legally, but very strange IMO.

DCC Twitter and handles are DCC owned, right? So I guess they have the prerogative of deciding whether to take down or leave up a DCC or ex-DCCs handle. I guess since they're so intent on keeping everything about DCC:MTT a secret this year, taking down Holly's Twitter and revoking her title would be a huge clue as to what went down. 

Also, DCC may be hamstrung as to what CMT contract stipulates re: info getting out that may affect the ratings of the show.  CMT is paying DCC for a product that will bring in revenue. Of course, we'll know who's on the team after the 1st home game, but CMT picks the show's debut date. Anything else DCC is probably contracted to keep a tight rein on so the ratings aren't affected. And overall, the Holly/Jenna situation would be considered a ratings haul for the network. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

What does it say? I'm on my amazon fire ands all I see is her pictures.

not sure if this is OK to post so mods delete if you need to and I'll hide in my corner.  These are some of the comments on the pic of her kneeling with the little girl:

ceceliaed16@rita_jeme noooo where did you see this?

rita_jemeI was reading a thread on the DCC board on the Previously TV website. @ceceliaed16 they're all speculating that Holly quit and @jennalenejackson was put on probation. I HOPE it's just gossip bc I love these 2 girls. But @hollymariepowell is my absolute favorite. I want the best for her. If it's not DCC then I totally respect that choice. Just want her to know how loved she is by the fans. ❌⭕️❌⭕️

annebrintonWhatever has happened, I'm hoping Holly is okay and wish all the happiness and success for her. ❤️

janitorjimWe hope you are foremost ok and in god health

aprils_foolchicI REALLY do hope its gossip. Holly is my ABSOLUTE fave! Her energy, her spunk, her talent, just awesome!

vbcoach2@hollymariepowell we haven't seen any post from u in a while. And haven't seen u in any team pics hope all is ok. #aconcernedfan

bigpixie1976@hollymariepowell where did you go?? Please tell me you didn't quit DCC!! You and @madeline_massingill were my favorites!!

hollyrifeI've been looking at the Hall of Fame pictures and I haven't found you. I hope you haven't quit, but above all, I hope and pray you are doing ok.

randacupcakesWhy have you gone radio silent? Haven't seen you in any pictures lately.. you are my fav DCC hope you are ok

holleigh03Hoping the rumors aren't true ?

emilyymetcalfHope ur still a dcc?? despite the rumors

botymollyharris@ceceliaed16http://forums.previously.tv/topic/53980-2017-tryouts-and-training-camp-candidates-included/?page=126

Edited by DCCFanInKy
new info

Doesn't Kelli's "You're gonna have to watch this season; it's filled with surprises" comment seem a little too hand-rubbingly gleeful?  Considering writing has no inflection, her comment just seems more lighthearted than foreboding.  Maybe Holly missing is all a much ado about nothing and the situation is being milked as a ratings balloon. Looks like it's working. Course, would Stephanie being Holly's banner replacement also be a ruse...?  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KatebytheSea said:

Yes, there's a lot of great talent on DCC. I just hate to have Holly go out in a throwing-a-fit kind of way.  Would rather she have retired when she felt the time was right.  And if Kelli (spelling?) is hinting that we'll see what happened with Holly on MTT, then Kelli's not embarrassed or uncomfortable with what went down. To me, that doesn't bode well for Holly. Maybe Holly just tore a muscle or something...?  Guess well find out!

Agreed.  Can't wait to see if they address it!  I would love to see it on the show.

I was thinking she had responded back or something!  She didn't "like" any of the comments, either.  She's probably just ignoring social media for a little bit, and I can't blame her.

I have mixed feelings about the "take home girls" - they make for a good storyline for some (tho I know many of us would prefer they focused on the more talented rookies) but if you aren't picking up choreo quickly, being a DCC (or any other type of professional dancer) probably isn't the job for you.  And that's okay!  You could have been great in high school or college but just not have the skill or memory needed to succeed professionally.  I feel like most of the stragglers we see in Training Camp end up being one and done girls.  Sure, some make it for their second year like Kelsey, but most don't.  I would rather see someone like Breelin get cut from camp and advised to get some experience under her belt (be it AAIA, Legends, Mavs, etc.) and then come back strong for DCC when they're a bit older.  Maybe if she came back after college she'd be able to do multiple years, and she could have continued honing her skills at A&M.

If you're scared in the studio with Kelli, Judi and CMT cameras, how on earth are you ever going to kick ass in front of 80,000 fans on a nationally televised game?  I want people to live out their dreams and all, but in-season stragglers make me bananas.  Just have a team of 32 or 34 and use All Stars as needed, if needed.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Agreed.  Can't wait to see if they address it!  I would love to see it on the show.

I can't wait either!  I don't see how they could avoid addressing this situation on the show, since going to the HOF is a huge deal. If they don't address Jenna/Holly not going, how will they portray their absence from the HOF gig? Don't think CMT or DCC could sell Jenna and Holly being conveniently left out of all camera footage, you know?

20 hours ago, maineborzoi said:

To me- this year lost some powerful members due to retirement... Danielle, Amy, Melissa etc- ... While only 9 in total, they did represent corner stones in group leaders etc....

In watching the HOF clips - I feel it certainly shows in the dancing. Will be interesting to see the entire squad together and throughout the year.

Just noticed that when Kelli replied to Brian Pendergrass, she included @DCC_HollyP too. Don't think she'd would have done that if Holly wasn't still on the squad. Seems like this might all be a publicity thing. Still can't wait to find out, though!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

If it truly does have to do with Zeke/club instance, or anything with a player, it will never be dealt with truthfully.  The Cowboys spend a lot of time, money and energy trying to make people forget these things -- they aren't going to let them be rehashed on a reality show.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

Just noticed that when Kelli replied to Brian Pendergrass, she included @DCC_HollyP too. Don't think she'd would have done that if Holly wasn't still on the squad. Seems like this might all be a publicity thing. Still can't wait to find out, though!

I think it automatically had her added because of the original tweet, but I think she could have taken it out on her own. 

2 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

If it truly does have to do with Zeke/club instance, or anything with a player, it will never be dealt with truthfully.  The Cowboys spend a lot of time, money and energy trying to make people forget these things -- they aren't going to let them be rehashed on a reality show.

Agree, I'm thinking they'll show her cut but only mention partying and underage drinking, not the players being there. 

2 minutes ago, PDH said:

Tight lips, teasings, twitter accounts, gossip, etc. 

Original CMT contract was for 10 yrs. MTT needs ratings. They were very late being picked up for S12. 

I wonder if it's still their most watched show? 

• Love 1

Just want to mention that she was merely just with Zeke at his table. She wasn't doing anything innapropriate (besides underage drinking of course) and there wasn't any flirting that I saw. She was simply with his entire group.

Zeke was 21 at the time so even if they mentioned it on the show, it wouldn't make him look bad because he did nothing wrong. 

What happened two days later, on a Sunday with the DJ is completely unrelated to Holly and therefore definitely won't be mentioned on the show.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think it automatically had her added because of the original tweet, but I think she could have taken it out on her own. 

Agree, I'm thinking they'll show her cut but only mention partying and underage drinking, not the players being there. 

I don't even think they'll do that. It will be some sort of 'we've had an awesome two years but have parted ways to pursue blah blah blah.' *hugs and smooches* Everybody is awesome!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

That doesn't thicken the plot though, that's the same comments we all made a week ago :P

LOL I'm just sayin it thickens the plot for me since I hadn't seen that insta post....it's all good

7 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

Just want to mention that she was merely just with Zeke at his table. She wasn't doing anything innapropriate (besides underage drinking of course) and there wasn't any flirting that I saw. She was simply with his entire group.

Zeke was 21 at the time so even if they mentioned it on the show, it wouldn't make him look bad because he did nothing wrong. 

What happened two days later, on a Sunday with the DJ is completely unrelated to Holly and therefore definitely won't be mentioned on the show.

Just being at his table is fraternizing.

• Love 5

There are definitely things to support Holly being off the team, like her being deposed from the banner, etc. I think DCC will handle the situation in a like-DCC manner.

RazzleberryPie said it - they're not going to go into the mud for the story and will likely gloss over any the decision of Holly's to leave, if it's true she left. I don't expect Reality Show gore and blood splatter from DCC:MTT. 

12 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

Unfortunately, when the DCCs are contractually forbidden to even tweet at the players, having (underage) drinks with Zeke's group is fraternizing. 

• Love 1

Conspiracy theories abound.....I'm going to add a few of my own.

Holly's DCC Twitter is still active even though Holly herself hasn't posted.  So here's what I think:

1.  She's pregnant?  She's protected by FMLA as an active veteran.

2.  She's injured?  She's protected by FMLA as an active veteran.

3.  She's got a family emergency that requires her to be away.  FMLA laws apply to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders no matter how much it may irk Kelli.

4.  She's been hired by the DCC to be an assistant choreographer or an assistant to Judy.

5.  Lastly, how do we know she was drinking anything alcoholic while at the club?  Some clubs allow entry to those underage if accompanied by an adult.

I really hope Holly's not done with the DCC and the disappearance of Holly is a ratings ploy.  Holly and Maddie are my favorites.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Just being at his table is fraternizing.

If this is truly it, they will never address it. Because Holly isn't the one it is not a good look for -- it basically makes them look petty and also kind of nuts to all but a very small segment of people

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

Thanks for clarifying that. I wasn't sure if the fight happened that night or was separate. 

3 minutes ago, SimplePleasures said:

Conspiracy theories abound.....I'm going to add a few of my own.

Holly's DCC Twitter is still active even though Holly herself hasn't posted.  So here's what I think:

1.  She's pregnant?  She's protected by FMLA as an active veteran.

2.  She's injured?  She's protected by FMLA as an active veteran.

3.  She's got a family emergency that requires her to be away.  FMLA laws apply to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders no matter how much it may irk Kelli.

4.  She's been hired by the DCC to be an assistant choreographer or an assistant to Judy.

5.  Lastly, how do we know she was drinking anything alcoholic while at the club?  Some clubs allow entry to those underage if accompanied by an adult.

I really hope Holly's not done with the DCC and the disappearance of Holly is a ratings ploy.  Holly and Maddie are my favorites.

1-3 : FMLA laws apply to full-time/salaried employees. Being a DCC is classified as a part time job last I heard. 

4: Wouldn't explain why she went SM silent, that would be something to celebrate, especially her. Couldn't imagine why they'd want to keep that on the down low. 

5: Still speculation from a person who was there at the club who said she, TCC Christina, and Jenna were there. 

• Love 5
Just now, SimplePleasures said:

Oops, I should have known better.  You are correct that the DCC are considered part-timers.

Hey, props for even knowing what FMLA is! I'm in HR so I have to give my spiel about FMLA to employees and sometimes they go cross-eyed from the info.  

• Love 4
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

I'm in HR  

Many years of payroll here.  I got my CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) in October of 2015.  I retired from the workforce in December 2016.  I'm debabting starting a payroll service so I can utilize that certification.  If not, retirement is grand.  :)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

IMG_8481.JPG

?????

8 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

5: Still speculation from a person who was there at the club who said she, TCC Christina, and Jenna were there. 

Is TCC Christina still in TC?

I feel like there has to be some gray area with fraternizing - IE, cheerleaders and players mix and meet at official events. If they run into each other out and about, I imagine a quick hello or acknowledgment wouldn't be frowned upon. Popping bottles and sharing table service, sure. But just seeing them at the same place wouldn't be enough, I'm assuming. Maybe if it was the last straw but I would assume that's a case by case thing. 

That said, if it was a problem, I imagine Kelli's opening speech the first day of TC will address it a la "if you're out at a bar or club and a player walks in, you leave. You can be at the same restaurant but not the same place you can be seen together." 

Edited by kalibean
On 7/17/2017 at 2:56 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

To me Holly looks like she's dragging a little bit. She's not off, but just dragging a little bit. I keep watching Lacey in this one.

About Holly clubbing, drinking, etc., she's not doing anything 90% of 20 year olds are doing. She's breaking the rules she signed up for, but if nobody cares, then nobody cares. If she even was there and fraternizing, that is. If she's busted, it's on her. She knows what she's doing. If she isn't busted, then the rules shouldn't be enforced on anyone else either, or revised. In the grand scheme of things, Holly in a bar with a football player doesn't really affect anything at all in the world. 

I think it's because she was poised and honest, instead of totally dingbatty, when she responded that she didn't know who that was. It also explains her super low score. 

I agree that Holly looks way over 21 with that hair and outfit.  Jenna looks like something out of a Star Trek S&M. Those outfits are just ew........

I'm a total cynic, but I can't help but thinking 'keep your friends close, but your enemies closer" with this pic. More competition than enemy, but same concept.  I don't think they hate each other, but they're definitely probably the two most competitive/thirsty girls on the team.

I had to find this post..."keep your friends close, but your enemies closer". Now, per rumors, no Holly!  Is Jenna a group leader? Of course we are all guessing but a good leader would not let someone make bad choices in her presence.  Just saying.  Missing the good old days (3 weeks back) when all we had to talk about was weight warnings!  Hopefully, Holly is making a good choice for herself at this time.  **the pic did not follow over, but was of Holly & Jenna all dressed up for a concert

Edited by Jazzmom