Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

It's turning into such an interesting summer...two vets with weight watch/warning make SG (one of which was one of the lowest scoring vets to make TC), two out of the three rookies with barbies are cut, and Amy L who is a GL2 and barbie winner doesn't make show group (and yes, she might have said she didn't want to do it but a recent tweet from Sarah Gourley makes me wonder...)...anyway, leave it to Kelli to throw us a bunch of curveballs! LOL 

But yes, I think it shows how studio training is sooo different than what the girls who did pom team come in with. 

Ugh. Leave it to her..

47 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

Oh wow, she is a beauty! This picture shows more personality, she really looks like she's the total package. Hope she goes back to audition next year! 

Yes I don't see any weight to warn her about!

She really is pretty. I'm not surprised that people with barbies got cut though. A barbie doesn't mean that you have great DCC style.

2 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

The things on the crotch of the practice shorts are supposed to resemble the laces on football pants I think

You're right. They aren't distracting to me at all.

49 minutes ago, GingerJ said:

Of course you don't..but in DCC world, they do. In normal clothes I don't think any of the girls looks like they have weight issues..but in the uniform and practice outfits, I'm sure they do.

• Love 3

Molly is so freaking cute and pretty at the same time. I knew nothing about her, including that she cheered for the Ducks, so thanks @LaurenBrook for posting the link. I still don't have know who all the rookies are, even though I look at the rookie cheat sheet folks have posted here. Based on what very little I know, I'm kind of rooting for Molly, Keyra, Tara, Alexis, Kalyssa, Gina and Savannah. 

I've been rewatching season 9 and its so fun to see Erica and Lacey as rookies and kind of crazy to be reminded of the rest of their rookie class...and how scared Breelan looked nearly every time she's shown on camera. I also had forgotten about her wall to wall zebra carpet in her house. Watching now reminded me that, when I watched the season back in the day, I kept thinking, I hope Erica, Melissa, and Lacey stay a long time because I'd love to see them as group leaders. They really were rockstars from the very first night of rehearsals as rookies. So glad E and L are leaders now! Really hoping that Erica's injury doesn't plague her or keep her out of parts of the season. I'm even more annoyed by Christina now that I'm rewatching season 9. She was just so incredibly clueless about her crappy kicks, and when she was in the office talking about, "To be honest, I've always struggled with flexibility and kicks...my kicks aren't bad, they just aren't great..." I was like, if you know the DCC are supposed to be among the very best, why would you think they should accept your "not great" dance skills involving their signature moves? To me, right there, she admitted that her bad kicks and splits weren't just about an injury, as she claimed when she got cut.  It just annoys me when people think their below par-ness should count as the best. Judy telling her that her kick technique was "just wrong" is one of my favorite Judy-on-the-stool moments ever. So now I'm more ready for Xtina to get cut from this camp. The pictures I've seen of her non-glory splits at auditions plus the meh dance video I've seen of her posted here just irk or underwhelm me. I will be shocked and kind of annoyed if she makes the team. 

• Love 8

Where did we get that Stephanie & Tasha are on weight probation?! 

The girls who are muscular with flat chests all have the square look. I did not think Allie's swimsuit photos were attractive because they chose suits which made her appear so flat chested and boxy.

I might have to move to Unpopular Opinions for this next one but...

In no way am I surprised Brianna was cut. This board basically called from the beginning that she would be cut this year. Her dancing videos are beautiful (as is she) but she reminded me of the 6-ft TCC Lindsay (?) from last year. She was taller than the rest of the squad and had willowy, graceful  dance moves and it was not in sync quite yet with DCC style. Brianna would definitely benefit from Power Pom or Hip-hop classes to gain a little more pop and precision and I bet she would rock TCC next year!

I did not think Jessika presented a good solo this year and definitely think she made it back for a second year for her blonde looks. I had hopes they would change her and Milan's hair but guess not. The undertones of their blonde reminds me of anemic grey-green color and they are so much prettier than that!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Sorry, mods, I can't resist...

As a life-long crazy fan of MST3K, I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!! Thank you for posting!!!

Brianna is GORGEOUS. What a lovely smile and a fresh look. Sorry to hear she got cut. I hope she comes back next year to re-audition.

• Love 3

There was speculation Stephanie and Tasha were on weight warning because of stickers on their picture. Not saying it was true or not, speculations just fly back and forth now that we don't have any locked down spoilers. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, M1977G said:

Molly is so freaking cute and pretty at the same time. I knew nothing about her, including that she cheered for the Ducks, so thanks @LaurenBrook for posting the link. I still don't have know who all the rookies are, even though I look at the rookie cheat sheet folks have posted here. Based on what very little I know, I'm kind of rooting for Molly, Keyra, Tara, Alexis, Kalyssa, Gina and Savannah. 

I've been rewatching season 9 and its so fun to see Erica and Lacey as rookies and kind of crazy to be reminded of the rest of their rookie class...and how scared Breelan looked nearly every time she's shown on camera. I also had forgotten about her wall to wall zebra carpet in her house. Watching now reminded me that, when I watched the season back in the day, I kept thinking, I hope Erica, Melissa, and Lacey stay a long time because I'd love to see them as group leaders. They really were rockstars from the very first night of rehearsals as rookies. So glad E and L are leaders now! Really hoping that Erica's injury doesn't plague her or keep her out of parts of the season. I'm even more annoyed by Christina now that I'm rewatching season 9. She was just so incredibly clueless about her crappy kicks, and when she was in the office talking about, "To be honest, I've always struggled with flexibility and kicks...my kicks aren't bad, they just aren't great..." I was like, if you know the DCC are supposed to be among the very best, why would you think they should accept your "not great" dance skills involving their signature moves? To me, right there, she admitted that her bad kicks and splits weren't just about an injury, as she claimed when she got cut.  It just annoys me when people think their below par-ness should count as the best. Judy telling her that her kick technique was "just wrong" is one of my favorite Judy-on-the-stool moments ever. So now I'm more ready for Xtina to get cut from this camp. The pictures I've seen of her non-glory splits at auditions plus the meh dance video I've seen of her posted here just irk or underwhelm me. I will be shocked and kind of annoyed if she makes the team. 

Christina making it past auditions this year frankly stunned me, although I've been neutral about her overall. What made her a superstar comeback girl this time around? Her kicks must be nearly perfect if not stellar for Judy to let her into training camp. She must have really wowed the judges because otherwise it doesn't make much sense considering her past performance as a TCC.

• Love 6
30 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Ugh. Leave it to her..

She really is pretty. I'm not surprised that people with barbies got cut though. A barbie doesn't mean that you have great DCC style.

You're right. They aren't distracting to me at all.

Of course you don't..but in DCC world, they do. In normal clothes I don't think any of the girls looks like they have weight issues..but in the uniform and practice outfits, I'm sure they do.

haha i think in sarah's defense it was actually a 'nice' tweet for once...something about how the greatest blessings can often be when you don't get what you want, other things turn up, etc.  i wouldn't have thought much of it except it was right around the time SG was announced, IIRC. Anyway, could totally be reading into it, i just know she and Amy L are SUPER close. 

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, LilRedHerring said:

Based on stickers/notes on their photos for the SG announcement.

17 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

haha i think in sarah's defense it was actually a 'nice' tweet for once...something about how the greatest blessings can often be when you don't get what you want, other things turn up, etc.  i wouldn't have thought much of it except it was right around the time SG was announced, IIRC. Anyway, could totally be reading into it, i just know she and Amy L are SUPER close. 

Blah blah blah...lol she just really irritates me. 

I'm clearly in the minority here but I'm not all that surprised Brianna was cut. She never came across as DCC to me and she never made any impact on me besides a negative one after her initial posting following the announcement of training camp.  I also wasn't super impressed by her dancing and the photos that were shared here didn't portray her in a very "cheerleader" type way.  In no way am I referencing her as a person as I'm sure she is lovely.  Perhaps over the next year she will mature up a bit more and come back stronger. 

IMG_5866.GIF

• Love 6
2 hours ago, GingerJ said:

Oh wow, she is a beauty! This picture shows more personality, she really looks like she's the total package. Hope she goes back to audition next year! 

She's standing in a specific way... much like Allie. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, LilRedHerring said:

This image where Tasha has "WP" and Stephanie has "WW" on their photos. 

Edited by AnnMichele
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, LaurelleJ said:

Jessika is really cute and she has a nice smile. I wonder why they struggle with her hair color so much. 

Same. I'm just judging her by her face but from her smile she looks like a genuinely sweet happy person. But her hair isn't even really a color.

Weight issues are always...issues, lol. I think Tasha and Holly just have curvy bodies, and Stephanie is flawless. You can see all of their ribs for crying out loud. I would understand a warning for Milan/Jessika because they're boxy which basically always makes you loook puffy, but they're probably skinny scale-wise. 

• Love 1

I think Tasha is used to being really thin naturally - her whole family seems to be and she's got such long lean legs I don't think she ever had to worry about her diet or exercising regularly.  But this year she prob hit that point where metabolism starts to change and realized she needed to adjust some things. I absolutely do NOT think she is in any way 'heavy' - she just looks more skinny-fat to me and like she should drink some water and do five crunches and be good to go lol  Ahhh I can't help but be excited for her- i LOVE seeing people fight their way back up and kill it!! 

Stephanie is more like Holly where they are naturally not tiny girls and are SO fit that when they dont have the work out pump, they can look 'bigger.'  I can hardly even type that without laughing though...i'd love to look like either!! 

I saw on Jessika's FB before that she had really dark hair before - like the first time she tried out for DCC she was dark brunette! i kind of think her hair is fighting all the blonde lol 

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I think Tasha is used to being really thin naturally - her whole family seems to be and she's got such long lean legs I don't think she ever had to worry about her diet or exercising regularly.  But this year she prob hit that point where metabolism starts to change and realized she needed to adjust some things. I absolutely do NOT think she is in any way 'heavy' - she just looks more skinny-fat to me and like she should drink some water and do five crunches and be good to go lol  Ahhh I can't help but be excited for her- i LOVE seeing people fight their way back up and kill it!! 

Stephanie is more like Holly where they are naturally not tiny girls and are SO fit that when they dont have the work out pump, they can look 'bigger.'  I can hardly even type that without laughing though...i'd love to look like either!! 

I saw on Jessika's FB before that she had really dark hair before - like the first time she tried out for DCC she was dark brunette! i kind of think her hair is fighting all the blonde lol 

All of this. Every single word of it.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Ahhhh Savannah and Tara are soooo cuteeee <3  

Scrolling thru Savannah's IG...she was a Jets girl too?? 

I also really like Savannah's dancing...which probably means she's terrible LOL 

I love her, she's one of my favourite TCCs

• Love 3
(edited)

Is the girl with the uniboob still there?  

Mark my words, Christina will be one of the last cuts.  Kelli has figured out that one way to get people to watch the whole season is bring a girl who has tried out multiple times into training camp and, no matter how bad she sucks, keep her to the very end and then cut her at the last minute (examples: taylor (that cross-eyed girl who couldn't kick), auto amy, kyndall, kali fullerton, etc.)

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Mark my words, Christina will be one of the last cuts.  Kelli has figured out that one way to get people to watch the whole season is bring a girl who has tried out multiple times into training camp and, no matter how bad she sucks, keep her to the very end and then cut her at the last minute (examples: taylor (that cross-eyed girl who couldn't kick), auto amy, kyndall, kali fullerton, etc.)

Say what you will about Taylor's kicks, but she's not cross-eyed.

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Wow, I hadn't thought of that but you may be right. She really liked Kyndall (or so it appeared) so I'd hate to think Kelli was really that cut throat. But after seeing how rough she was on Kelsey ("We're afraid you're going to say something stupid." Seriously?), anything is possible. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, AnnMichele said:
5 hours ago, LilRedHerring said:

This image where Tasha has "WP" and Stephanie has "WW" on their photos. 

I looked at the tweet.  Someone asked Kelli what the dots mean; she said "My language of progress".  I love her Kelli-isms!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Seems like someone did at a stadium rehearsal or at least it was mentioned.  @ShellyB?

It's happened, mostly in rehearsal. It's easiest to hit the the splits in the air and if there is any sliding, turn out the leg so you're sliding on the outside of the boot. 

• Love 8

I may be naive in thinking this, but I don't think K&J truly sit down and go "lets bring this chick back who doesn't have a snowballs chance" just to cut them for ratings. CMT seems to have a serious love affair going with this show, so I doubt that particular type of drama impacts ratings THAT much.

I'm more of the opinion that they already have an idea what someone can do, what they can't do, and want to see if there's been any improvement. Especially the ones that have already been through TC once and can get acclimated faster.  It wastes too much time and effort for them to bring someone in who isn't DCC-worthy and, as we've seen in the past, they'll sometimes bite off their nose to spite their face and KEEP someone who shouldn't be in the uniform.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, Java said:

I may be naive in thinking this, but I don't think K&J truly sit down and go "lets bring this chick back who doesn't have a snowballs chance" just to cut them for ratings. CMT seems to have a serious love affair going with this show, so I doubt that particular type of drama impacts ratings THAT much.

I'm more of the opinion that they already have an idea what someone can do, what they can't do, and want to see if there's been any improvement. Especially the ones that have already been through TC once and can get acclimated faster.  It wastes too much time and effort for them to bring someone in who isn't DCC-worthy and, as we've seen in the past, they'll sometimes bite off their nose to spite their face and KEEP someone who shouldn't be in the uniform.

Exactly. This isn't freaking Flavor of Love. They're not just bringing in anything off the street to appeal to the barrio masses. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Java said:

This. Just want to add to this that a girl who has already been through camp, theoretically should already know a bunch of dances, Thunderstruck, the kick line, the entrance etc.  Plus, they know what K & J are looking for and what they expect each night in camp. K & J may need to keep a girl around to see how they have improved on a dance or how quickly they are learning the new ones. 

I dont believe for one second that K & J would waste their time, cheerleader funds, resources or even material on a girl they don't honestly believe could make the team.  

I also think that sometimes girls who have been through camp before sometimes fall through the cracks. Especially if they're doing good in camp.  K & J might be focusing on that new girl who is completely falling apart and not notice that girl who has been blending for two weeks.

??‍♀️

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, Ante said:

I also think that sometimes girls who have been through camp before sometimes fall through the cracks. Especially if they're doing good in camp.  K & J might be focusing on that new girl who is completely falling apart and not notice that girl who has been blending for two weeks.

??‍♀️

This. Melissa Rycroft said it really well last season- you want to blend in, but you also want to stand out. I can totally see in the first few weeks blending in because there are other girls who are struggling more so you're okay for a bit. Then the pool thins by 4 or 5 people and all of a sudden you're the one who sticks out, and not necessarily in a positive way. 

Kristi Scales (who happens to be my favorite judge) was speaking about Megan Flaherty on her 3rd audition, when Kelli questioned whether or not they should take her into camp for another try and Kristi (who is always a champion for the girls) very fairly pointed out that Megan knew what was at stake, and knows she could be cut just like before so when she chose to audition she was accepting that risk. I don't honestly believe that K&J bring any girls into camp for the purpose of cutting them. I think they truly want to give girls the chance to succeed, which is why they sometimes let a girl stay for the majority of camp only to cut them at the end. It's not for drama, its because they are fighting hard with them. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Yo. I need to know who sings the song in the promo commercial for season 12.  I'm obsessed. Can one of you McGuyvers track that ish down so I can throw my money at iTunes?

Edited by Oklahomama
Fat fangers
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, spazette said:

This. Melissa Rycroft said it really well last season- you want to blend in, but you also want to stand out. I can totally see in the first few weeks blending in because there are other girls who are struggling more so you're okay for a bit. Then the pool thins by 4 or 5 people and all of a sudden you're the one who sticks out, and not necessarily in a positive way. 

Celinda is a perfect example of this right here.  She's coasting and seems fine one minute, then they do a fashion show and she's noticed for the wrong reason, and suddenly she became the 'worst' one.. poor thing had no warning and then BAM!  (channeling Kitty)  she was cut.  Same thing with what's her face the little fairy one? Who couldn't walk in heels and said "Yes" at the wrong times in k+j meetings...  then who bailed for class when she was about to be cut...  

3 hours ago, Oklahomama said:

Yo. I need to know who sings the song in the promo commercial for season 12.  I'm obsessed. Can one of you McGuyvers track that ish down so I can throw my money at iTunes?

Is it this one?

• Love 1

I think in the case of Megan F. Kelli and Judy were overruled by someone within the organization because you can tell they did not want to bring her back for her third time. Morgan barely made it on the squad in Season 8, and some of us have speculated Kelli and Judy were not happy with her at all. Judy also has made it clear she was not happy with Courtney Cook, Ashley Pro, and a few others making the team. I do remember her saying in Season 5 she was not happy Lauren Gibler did not make it into TC over a few other girls. I think Judy and I along with Kristi Scales would hit it off during tryouts  because they would be the two judges I agree with the most.

(edited)
30 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

They didn't have TC after cameos either. Maybe they're having rookie nights? Haven't heard of many nights off in TC before. 

Is a rookie night practice for rookies only? What do the vets do? I also remember a reference to "rookie week" in a previous season. What's that?

Edited by AnnMichele
31 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

Is a rookie night practice for rookies only? What do the vets do? I also remember a reference to "rookie week" in a previous season. What's that?

It's just practice for rookie candidates only. I don't think it's ever been formally mentioned on the show.

• Love 1
On 7/5/2017 at 8:47 PM, marizetian said:

Of this season's rookie training camp candidates, I thought that Alexis, Brianna, Kalyssa, Madeline, and Molly stood out for their looks, and Brianna and Madeline are out.

To cut Brianna before Miranda?!! What fresh hell is this? I thought Miranda would be cut before  anyone with cameos. Anyway, I hope Brianna comes back. She's gorgeous and seems to be a great dancer. I'm smh on this one. 

• Love 2
On 7/1/2017 at 2:47 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Ok if Erica is injured, who do we think will be in the triangle? I was thinking Erica, Jenna, Holly, with a toss up at point, but now I'm thinking Jenna, Holly and Kashara. If they're looking for a blond, and someone to balance out Holly in size, Kashara's a safe bet. Plus she's just so likeble and a good performer. She's just a little more dynamic than Amy L. 

Not that I dont believe that Erica is injured, but I follow her on IG and she looks perfectly healthy! In heels, on dates, celebrating... I mean is her injury internal?? Kelli said that she is on injured reserve. I assume that means when she is better she can travel with show group. 

24 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Not that I dont believe that Erica is injured, but I follow her on IG and she looks perfectly healthy! In heels, on dates, celebrating... I mean is her injury internal?? Kelli said that she is on injured reserve. I assume that means when she is better she can travel with show group. 

She could have anything from a concussion to GI or female issues, and still 'look' healthy. Whatever is going on, she's chosen to keep it private. I hope she gets whatever is going on resolved and comes back this fall.

• Love 11