Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E12: And Action!

Twin drama down the drain fan as well.  Personally I didn't get why that chiseled masculine blank look every week was working as long as it did week after week for the judges. That photo montage really made plain how little change in expression week to week Tash had. Also imo Cody had the same look but at least grew with a more humble professional attitude away from her sister. Not a fan of her twin basically coming back replacing her. Tash's attitude from before she was gone the first time towards Courtney was atrocious.  Courtney  doesn't do herself any favours but really, there's not a lot she CAN do. That is her personality. Very low key but socially unaware at times. But she's also whooping their asses. I like that she doesn't shrink from attacks.

Coryanne can be a spoiled princess despite her weepy back story. An envious mean girl. And yet there is something beautiful there. That transcendent sadness behind her eyes can be mesmerizing.  But I also think she goes too far in showing a kind of viscous immaturity when she can't allow another contestant to publicly pat themselves on the back after they had won three challenges in row.

Edited by allthatglitters
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, allthatglitters said:

That photo montage really made plain how little change in expression week to week Cody had.

I love the photo montage after a girl is booted because like with Cody, during the show I feel like a girl is doing pretty good, then I see the photo montage and I'm like "wait, I thought she took good pictures, but these kind of suck!"

• Love 3
16 hours ago, b73142 said:

Models used to be all over the place in the 80s and 90s, but now you see actresses taking their place.  I remember when the show She's Got The Look was on.  In case people don't remember it, it was a modeling reality show for women 35 and over.

Actresses, or the children of the rich and famous.  I LOVED She's Got The Look, it wish it had gone on longer.  It was a pretty novel concept for tv, maybe just a few years ahead of its time........

• Love 3

I also loved that show.  I tried out for it, but didn't make it.  I liked that it proved that you didn't have to be in your 20s or younger to be a model.  People don't realize that you can still be older and model.  I do and know others that do too.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎02‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:43 AM, allthatglitters said:

Also imo Tash had the same look but at least grew with a more humble professional attitude away from her sister. Not a fan of her twin basically coming back replacing her. Cody's attitude from before she was gone the first time towards Courtney was atrocious. 

I think you have Cody and Tash somewhat confused.  Tash was the one who was eliminated first, got back into the competition via the music video shoot, only to be eliminated again.  Cody had been there the whole time.

Unless I've misunderstood your post, in which case, never mind.

I do love the phrase "viscous immaturity" though. :-)

Edited by proserpina65
16 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

I think you have Cody and Tash somewhat confused.  Tash was the one who was eliminated first, got back into the competition via the music video shoot, only to be eliminated again.  Cody had been there the whole time.

Unless I've misunderstood your post, in which case, never mind.

I do love the phrase "viscous immaturity" though. :-)

my gawd you are right proser

I'm going to sneak back into my post and correct it. shhhhhh

• Love 1
(edited)
On February 23, 2017 at 2:41 PM, Canada said:

Ashley Graham is dumpy; she just tries really hard to hide it by doing certain poses.  I've never understood this idea that women should look up to her for her body.  She's obese.  That's not something any person should aspire to.

ashley.jpg

ashley1.jpg

You're completely missing (and thus proving) the point. People exist in a variety of sizes, and Ashley being seen as attractive/desirable gives people a different and much needed outlook on beauty. 

People look up to Ashley because she is confident and successful, which is something people with large bodies are told they cannot be.

Although aspiring to Ashley's body type really isn't the point, I take issue with the idea she shouldn't be seen as a fitness inspiration. Ashley could represent an attainable goal for women trying to lose weight, or a positive image of larger beauty for women who mistreat themselves to try and remain thin. We aren't Ashley's doctor or fitness coach, so let's not cast judgements on people's health: big doesn't mean unhealthy. 

Edited by Oholibamah
  • Love 6
(edited)

Love Black Cindy from "Orange is The New Black" so her presence this episode made it enjoyable for me. Such a classy lady IRL.

I think Ashley Graham is gorgeous. Her face looks like Cindy Crawford, and she also has a great hour glass figure, unlike Whitney C10 who was a butternut squash in a wig.

Edited by Mattipoo

I don't think they want Courtney to win because she's not very well liked.

I've always liked Courtney but after she had that talking head in which she reported that they were going to work with this amazing actress/coach/expert/whatever (tiny pause) and Rita, I want to marry her.

7 minutes ago, Qoass said:

I've always liked Courtney but after she had that talking head in which she reported that they were going to work with this amazing actress/coach/expert/whatever (tiny pause) and Rita, I want to marry her.

Heh.  Only if the whole of us on here get to witness!  Can we be bridesmaids? ;).