Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E09: If Tomorrow Never Comes

Not sure what time of year this was, but for those questioning the "big game" traffic, both Vanderbilt and the Tennessee Titans are in Nashville.

I love Daphne, and when she or she and Maddie sing together. Their storylines not so much. Please give Scarlett a better story and hair style.

I hadn't watched all year and just caught up. Hadn't heard any rumors etc. so I was genuinely surprised she died. 

I started to get the feeling it might actually happen when Deacon was bawling and asking her not to go at his side That was rough and very well-acted.

Also, as annoying as I find Maddie I thought her not being at the hospital during the surgery and over the night or for hours the next day was just plain unrealistic and bad writing. Even she isn't that selfish. And Deacon or Scarlett would have told her to get her ass there. Just didn't buy it. It created drama just for drama's sake and I suppose so she can feel super guilty in the next few episodes. 

Having Juliette walk to the bed was so over the top. Ugh. 

• Love 1

I'm not sure about Maddie having to be there during the surgery. It wasn't life-saving surgery -- her condition was not critical then. Even Deacon wanted Daphne to go home to rest. Yes, be there when Mom's out of the anesthesia (by the way, she seemed to come out of anesthesia unrealistically fast), but not during surgery. And Maddie didn't need to leave the hospital -- she should have just gone outside or to the cafeteria. They portrayed this as though Clay was not allowed inside the hospital.

Edited by smartymarty
clarity

Uh-huh, I'm out. Not surprised at the "twist," and, yes, I cried when they sang "A Life that's Good," but I am a sap who cries at lots of dumb stuff in TV and movies so, yeah, not exactly a harbinger of quality.

The acting was OK, I guess, at least from Esten and Lennon-Sister-The-Younger, but Maddie remains THE WORST. Was her putting on her earrings at Homeless Bi-Polar BF's bedside supposed to indicate they just finished having sex and now she was ready to go back to the hospital? As if their "romance" was any viewer's focus? But, hey, finally a realistic reason for her previously overprotective, and suddenly now hands-off, Dad to not actually freak out about exactly where she was.

The run on foot to get there right before Rayna goes is ... Dumb as a box of rocks. As was Juliette throwing down her crutches. And even if that is the only orthopedic surgeon in the place, what doc receives a request to come to the ICU "right away" and their first question is, 'Can it wait?' Though perhaps that quality of care explains the entire, She'll be fine ... Oops, nope, she's dead, 4-hour turnaround. C'mon show!

Though, at this point, I'm not surprised, since it's more a mess of cliches than an actual television program. It's not so much a soap opera as a random hackneyed scenario generator scored to occasionally decent music.

Done. Done. DONE! (And want a refund from the producers for the time I've already wasted watching this.)

Edited by STOPSHOUTING
typos
  • Love 1

Question. Anyone else mad they had Rayna go into compactions during the concert with the kids?

I was thinking, "Really show? You couldn't have waited till after they've finished to do it? You had to do it during and scare those poor kids."

• Love 9

I really liked the character of Rayna James and I really like Connie Britton.  I will miss her.  I will keep watching, though.  It will be interesting to see where the characters and storylines go now.  I can accept the fact that this is a work of fiction, and that, if I had been writing it, it would have been different, but it's not off my list.  I've got feelings invested in it, and I'm going to see it through.

• Love 1
On 2/25/2017 at 11:45 PM, pattycat said:

Question: WHEN have we seen Deacon do all this drinking?

I've seen every episode of Nashville, at least once, and I recall One Episode in which he drank.. The episode in which he found out, the love of his life, had lied about having a child together.

Not an excuse, but certainly, not like he's spent 4.5 years on and off the wagon.
He was sober for like 12 years before the relapse, and he's been sober since!

Hopefully, the promise he made to Rayna, his love for the girls, the support of family and friends, and his own strength, will help him navigate grief, without alcohol.

He was also a dry drunk, so I think it's understandable if people think he drank on multiple occasions.

• Love 1
On 2/28/2017 at 7:21 PM, FortKnox said:

Question. Anyone else mad they had Rayna go into compactions during the concert with the kids?

I was thinking, "Really show? You couldn't have waited till after they've finished to do it? You had to do it during and scare those poor kids."

Also, poor Daphne will probably feel like her singing is what set her mother off into a downfall. That's pretty traumatizing. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scribe95 said:

They should have just had the stalker kill her and she die from complications. The extra car accident wasn't necessary. 

That would have made sense. I actually thought that was where they were going. There was no need for Rayna to be in a car accident, she's been in one before. I guess the show really wanted a parallel for her and her mother to share a car accident death.