Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Finale, Part Two

On 2/24/2017 at 7:07 PM, KLovestoShop said:

Did you notice the smirk on Haawaa's face when they were talking about Chelsea's collection?  It was like she was saying "Yeah, right, jagoff."  

I would like to arrest whatever company first came up with the weird lip colors.  In what universe does anyone think that bright blue or green or purple lips looks good?  

Yes!  That lime green lip paint was garish and completely distracting.  I'm all for self expression, but for someone who's promoting a fashion line, it was just unattractive.

Edited by zoltana
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, meowmommy said:

Including the oh, I don't know what that word means.  "Tawdry" may not be on the SATs, but it's not obscure, and if you don't understand the meaning of a word someone just used in your presence, ask them what it means.  Don't snark on it in a TH as if the other person did something wrong.  Especially when it was your shitty design that prompted the use of the word.

Ahhh totally agree - and add in people.  While it makes me sad that Tilda Swinton wasn't recognized, the "I love Tilda Swinton" line irritated the crap out of me.  It makes me think of the Late Night gag where they talk to people attending festivals about fake bands.  Ignorance is okay if one wants to learn.  Lying to cover up lack of knowledge is bad.

• Love 2

I just thought Chelsea was trying to be funny with her Swinton line ... 

And before I'd slam designers for not knowing the word "tawdry,"  I'd be worrying about designers like Season 12's Ken (angry self-taught designer) who don't know the difference between "was" and "were." 

• Love 1

Well color me surprised, my favorite of the four won! Chelsea totally grew on me over the season and going in to the finale she was my favorite to win. I really liked her collection, though slightly disappointed that a ninja didn't feature in her story. 

I really liked the beginning of Chris's collection but it went downhill for me fast. He bugged me most of the season, just too over the top and trying to hard for the sound bite, but Chris was a super gracious second place, which was nice to see. He did well and should be happy  

Izzy's neon athleasure clothes were just...ugh. The only thing that saved them was that she didn't put plants on her models' heads. And Hawaa actually made clown clothes. Float in a parade, Jubilee Jumbles, neon nonsense. I just don't get the appeal of her at all. 

Strange that the finale is getting less discussion than earlier episodes.

On 2/24/2017 at 0:01 AM, Knuckles said:

And how I hated Haawaa's collection. Just the same color blocking she's been doing...she's a one trick pony.  And not a pleasant one...And, I so dislike the camera on her face...please, have mercy on us viewers. Pull back so that the green lipstick and blue eyebrows recede. 

Some of "us viewers".  I have no problem watching closeups of Hawaa.

On 2/24/2017 at 5:43 PM, Sew Sumi said:

They had two more days in the workroom after Teiler was aufed. But still, if he had that other show, something would have had to give, and TV contracts are pretty hard to break. And if he was also doing that 14 piece collection silmultaneously with the PR collection, it may explain why he outsourced work and his pieces were so simple compared to what he did on the show. 

Ahhh...interesting theory!  I have seriously been wondering WTF, why did he seem to phone it in after his great work earlier in the season.  But it's hard for me to imagine this other show could be as important as one that's on national TV.

On 2/24/2017 at 7:07 PM, KLovestoShop said:

I would like to arrest whatever company first came up with the weird lip colors.  In what universe does anyone think that bright blue or green or purple lips looks good?  

::raising hand::  I prefer makeup that is all about being "face paint" as a form of artistic expression, rather than trying to simulate some supposedly "heightened reality" of trying to make someone look like they have thicker eyelashes or redder lips (it's fine with me if the red goes all the way to Robert Palmer level though) or rosier cheeks.

On 2/25/2017 at 0:25 AM, Sesquipedalia said:

It's weird that all of the designers except maybe Hawaa brought one of their weakest looks as their "muse" piece.

On 2/25/2017 at 0:45 PM, sleepyjean said:

I finally realized what I find so off putting about Hawwaa. It's the dissonance I experience every time I look at/think of her. The garments she makes, her makeup, her wardrobe are all sunny, bright, cheerful, and a little wacky. FUN. Her personality - what we've seen of it - is none of that. Not to say she's an angry, dreadful person stomping around making snarky comments at everyone. (Unlike some others, I don't think she did anything particularly awful to A'kai.) But she's pretty stoic and reserved compared to everyone else in the group. Not what I would call outgoing or cheerful. And she's on her way to developing textbook RBF. Her outfit says "look at me  look at me look at me." But the way she carries herself says "leave me the hell alone." I just don't get her.

I accidentally mashed those two quotes together and now I can't figure out how to get them apart.  Sesquipedalia, I agree!  My surprise on that started when Tim said he hoped a look (that I considered the wrong choice) would be someone's showpiece, and she agreed.

Sleepyjean, that's funny that you see her that way.  Whenever I picture Hawwaa, it's beaming with a huge grin on her face.  Kind of like you see in the first fifteen seconds of so of this clip from the finale.

On 2/25/2017 at 7:44 PM, Winston9-DT3 said:

Why would he lie?  The show definitely wouldn't have uninvited him, and he was never shown to be the least bit bitter or rude or arrogant.

I thought he seemed a bit arrogant.  He talked about all the collections he's designed, and he was utterly dismissive of Tim's concerns in the critique.

On 2/24/2017 at 0:17 AM, millennium said:

Why does the camera have a crush on Candice Cuoco?   She's like Plan 9 From Outer Space.

How do you mean?  I think she's very attractive, probably mainly due to her styling.  (She'd be a pretty average looking woman with a more conservative style, I think.)

Edited by SlackerInc
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, SlackerInc said:

How do you mean?  I think she's very attractive, probably mainly due to her styling.  (She'd be a pretty average looking woman with a more conservative style, I think.)

Plan 9 From Outer Space:

plan-9-outer-space.jpg

• Love 4
17 hours ago, AuntieDiane6 said:

And before I'd slam designers for not knowing the word "tawdry,"  I'd be worrying about designers like Season 12's Ken (angry self-taught designer) who don't know the difference between "was" and "were." 

I expressed displeasure that she chose to snark in a TH rather than just admitting she didn't know the word and asking Tim what the word meant.  I do cringe at adults who mangle the language, and I'm more offended by those think they're funny or cute in doing so.  (Ken, of course, never went for funny or cute.) 

Edited by meowmommy

Slackerinc, one of the things I've never liked is makeup that's "face paint".  For me, makeup is for enhancing one's features and hopefully covering imperfections.  To me, face paint is something Kabuki dancers or circus clowns use and not for everyday use,imho.  

• Love 8
18 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Slackerinc, one of the things I've never liked is makeup that's "face paint".  For me, makeup is for enhancing one's features and hopefully covering imperfections. 

This is the perfect inverse of my preference.

15 hours ago, Canada said:

I think all make-up sucks and no one should be wearing any of it.

This is pretty much how my wife thinks.  She has never worn any of it, but she knows I like the "face paint" version, at least on some people (my wife has nice skin and really does looks great with the natural, "fresh faced" look).

Something my wife and I agree on is that we don't like high heeled shoes.  Yet we both watch this show--she in fact was the one to get me into it, despite the fact that she must be cringing through the whole styling segment of any given episode.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, SlackerInc said:

This is the perfect inverse of my preference.

This is pretty much how my wife thinks.  She has never worn any of it, but she knows I like the "face paint" version, at least on some people (my wife has nice skin and really does looks great with the natural, "fresh faced" look).

Something my wife and I agree on is that we don't like high heeled shoes.  Yet we both watch this show--she in fact was the one to get me into it, despite the fact that she must be cringing through the whole styling segment of any given episode.

I've always been disappointed that I can't walk in high heels.  I think they look great, but I just can't move in them!

11 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I understand not choosing to wear makeup yourself but "no one should be wearing any of it" seems pretty narrow-minded, especially in a forum about a show about fashion.  

What can I say?  I'm a flawed human being.

It's not make-up itself I object to.  It's really this idea that some women have, and men too, that they have to cover up 'ugliness' and 'flaws'.  I think human beings are beautiful creatures in their natural form, regardless of what they look like, and no one should feel the need to cover themselves up.  It especially bothers me when I see young people with really thick caked-on layers of make-up or meet people who cannot physically leave their home, for any brief period of time, without having make-up on.  It just makes me feel sad.

• Love 4