Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Finale, Part Two

6 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Hasn't aired here yet. If someone posts the winner, I can go to bed early.

May I suggest clicking on the link to this site's post about the episode, two posts above and twenty-two minutes earlier than your comment?

• Love 8

For once I'm agreeing with the judges. I liked Chelsea's collection. I thought everything, despite her silly story, was cute. 

Izzy's was athleisure wear. She said it wasn't, but it was, sorry. 

I was never a fan of Chris and his print mixing but I did like the construction of some of his designs.

I was afraid Hawwaa was going to win, she was getting praise from the judges and Kelly said she would always champion her. I didn't like anything she did, maybe I'm getting old or I just don't understand the weird the judges were so gaga over. 

Overall I did not enjoy this season as much as I did the first one. The kids were great but I don't think they were as mature or talented as the first group. But I have to admire them for the passion and hard work  they did, I don't imagine fashion designing is easy. So good luck in the future to them all. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 8

NOW I want to see a runway show dedicated to the reverse of Chelsea's story! Girly, frilly, "human" fashions gradually picking up elements of structure and tougher materials, culminating in a silver look ala Metropolis' female robot, though maybe with an oversized coat.  I would have been OK with anyone winning, except Izzy, as I didn't think her collection was particularly inspired. Streams of fabric only mean something in motion. Her models looked like they should be doing some sort of Cirque de Soleil thing rather than dragging the stuff behind them (not the models' fault; just not well thought out IMO), or maybe a ribbon dance. I loved Christian's assessment of Chris' show, that he was excited by the first two looks, and then  it turned Boca!  I actually thought Hawaa was getting the win for reasons, but I liked her collection well enough and would have been fine with her winning. Seventeen Mag could sell the heck out of her stuff. Everything matches.

• Love 6

Yay Chelsea!  I loved every single look - even the one she was wearing and even the two the judges didn't like.  I also loved how happy and proud her parents were for her.

Izzy, Hawwaa and Chris were so gracious in defeat, especially Chris with his silver comment.  His first two looks were phenomenal. 

There was a guy (a previous contestant on regular PR) who commented after the runway show that the kids had better collections than some of the adult designers and I'd agree.  This season has been a joy to watch and I hope all the kids who participated find happiness and success.

• Love 17

I am glad that Chelsea won...I had a lot of hopes for Tieler, but Chelsea has done a good job all season.  I do think Molly deserved better.

And how I hated Haawaa's collection. Just the same color blocking she's been doing...she's a one trick pony.  And not a pleasant one...And, I so dislike the camera on her face...please, have mercy on us viewers. Pull back so that the green lipstick and blue eyebrows recede. 

I like Chris, and I liked some of his collection...he is far more gracious than I had first imagined. And hooray for Peytie...I had hoped to see her and Maya from Season 1. 

• Love 9

Why does the camera have a crush on Candice Cuoco?   She's like Plan 9 From Outer Space.

The best thing about this episode is that now I can watch Season 3.   Had the judges turned it into American Haawaa Story, I'd have been out for good.

It seemed more than coincidental that the judges harped on Chelsea's leather sleeves, the very thing Tim warned her about.

I felt like barfing on Kelly and Christian as they rhapsodized about "Boca."

It always seems like overstepping to me when guest judges come on and start detracting from the accomplishments of the designers.   I'm like Excuse me, who are you?  You haven't been here week after week.   You haven't watched their progress.  Where do you get off?

The audience at the show appeared very bored.   I see that Matt from Season 1 is still trying to make himself happen.  The Tim Gunn save from this season (I've already forgotten his name) looked sad.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 12

Two seasons, two adorable winners. Gotta love that success rate. Take note, adult version.

It was hilarious how Chelsea's parents still couldn't let go of the time management thing, even in her moment of glory.

7 hours ago, millennium said:

American Haawaa Story

Brilliant.

Edited by cousin oliver
  • Love 4

First time poster!!  Always loved reading all the comments. I couldn't help but wonder where was Tieler during the runway show???  All of the other cast members were there. I even paused the screen where they were all on the red carpet for a pic and noticed he wasn't there. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sepalma23 said:

First time poster!!  Always loved reading all the comments. I couldn't help but wonder where was Tieler during the runway show???  All of the other cast members were there. I even paused the screen where they were all on the red carpet for a pic and noticed he wasn't there. 

I was wondering that myself.  

Did they make him show his collection during the runway, as they do with the last finalists in the grown-up version of PR?  

• Love 1

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I think Chris was robbed. I didn't like anything he did during the season, but I thought his finale collection was extremely well-done, and full of wearable pieces. Even the little throwaway jacket he made was charming to me. I love Chelsea, and have ever since she asked Tim for a hug, but I did think that Chris's collection was significantly better. I didn't see the first season of PR: Junior, so I was excited all season to see the minimal amount of shade and snark thrown. These kids mostly got along with each other, were supportive of each other and - mostly - listened to Tim. They are so much more fun to watch than the adults.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

So, here's the reason Tieler was not at the finale, according to his Twitter:

Good for him~~wishing him much more success!!  :-)

I agree...good for him.....But..... wasn't the showoff against Hawaa at the same time/right before the finale?   It certainly appeared that way as all of the kids were there with their collections.  And if he had won against Hawaa, he would have been in the finale (and therefore unable to be at whatever event he was at instead).   If he was eliminated the day or so before the finale was shot, It's understandable he may have been to upset to attend.  

• Love 3

I often say on this forum (& the original PR forum) that I am no fashionista and I have no clue what is trending for any season and I know I am old and frumpy.  I shop at Marshalls, J Jill and other "mature" stores. So taking all my style ignorance into consideration, I am going say this unapologetically; Haawaa's collection was ridiculous.  It was circus inspired all right, but I don't even know if any self respecting clown would wear what she made.  I am sure there are plenty of people who think she is an amazing designer and will be a force to be reckoned with in the fashion world (cough- Kelly-cough), but I ain't one of those people. Yes she's creative, but there needs to be some semblance of wearability to clothing. Faux fur shortalls is funky for a rave (do the kid still do that??), or for a tween's idea of cool and sophisticated.  Plus I didn't care for Haawaa's stink eye during many of the critique. 

Yay Chelsea!  She was my favorite from the start.  I do think all of the kids this season ( & from last season) are much more talented and innovative and poised and mature than most of the "adults" on PR.  Even though I wasn't a big fan of Haawaa's or Chris' designs, they are all definitely talented and as Tim says, we will be hearing more from them in the future.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • Love 9

I liked Chris' collection the best. I didn't see the "Boca" reference which of course means old. Some of his print mixing worked better than others but I saw nothing that an old lady would wear. Chelsea had a cute collection, but none of it seemed original to me and it didn't seem cohesive. A few pieces I really liked and the rest were just OK. I liked last year's group better. I will be in the minority and say I still prefer the adult contestants for a lot of reasons including their ability to understand Tim's references. I get that the kids don't understand Boudoir and other terms but I prefer to watch people who do understand. I also don't think the kids are better at design than adults. In all of the seasons there are designers I don't like or get, and ones I do. Interested to see All Stars come back.

• Love 4

Did anyone else notice the death stare Haawaa gave Chelsea when she was talking about the dress she was wearing being the same one she wore to her 8th grade graduation? If looks could kill, Chelsea would have been vaporized on the spot.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, dleighg said:

They couldn't spend a few dollars to make Georgina (on the TV) not sound like she was at the bottom of a well?

SERIOUSLY. What did she do, hang a few dresses on the wall of her bathroom and dial in via Google Hangout? 

• Love 4

I've always preferred Chris's designs over those of Chelsea, and these collections are no exception; but the judges have consistently chosen the opposite, so I guess this isn't surprising but kind of disappointing.

Since Alyssa and the (formerly beautiful) Georgina shoehorned their way into the finale, they could at least have been accompanied by a promo or press release finally telling us wtf is on PR all stars 6...Doesn't it start next week?

Edited by Glade
  • Love 8

This is the first time in a long time that I've actually agreed with the winner of any show!  Chelsea really deserved it.  Loved her looks. 

I think Tieler's explanation was bogus.  How could he suddenly have time to do a 14 look collection for some other show when he was likely expecting to be in this finale???  Bogus!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, After7Only said:

I agree...good for him.....But..... wasn't the showoff against Hawaa at the same time/right before the finale?   It certainly appeared that way as all of the kids were there with their collections.  And if he had won against Hawaa, he would have been in the finale (and therefore unable to be at whatever event he was at instead).   If he was eliminated the day or so before the finale was shot, It's understandable he may have been to upset to attend.  

They had two more days in the workroom after Teiler was aufed. But still, if he had that other show, something would have had to give, and TV contracts are pretty hard to break. And if he was also doing that 14 piece collection silmultaneously with the PR collection, it may explain why he outsourced work and his pieces were so simple compared to what he did on the show. 

• Love 6

Just watched and I was completely blown away by the final collections from each designer - - they were all so different.

Izzy's:  LOVED the last look-- I thought that pink & orange was divine. 

Hawwaa's:  Regardless of how the majority opinion seems to be that she's awful, I found her collection to be really interesting and fun.  I love that she refused to change her point of view just because it wasn't well-received throughout the season.  I was ready to get all stabby with Aya Kanai (she of the car wash pleated skirt---my fav dress from my 90's  clubbing days was a black, sexy car wash pleated number!  Sigh . . . memories!) when she seemingly called Hawwaa's effort juvenile yet again.  Then, she explained that she finally recognized that Hawwaa isn't "fashion - forward" but she is "fashion-adjacent" and I thought that was a huge compliment.  Also very accurate.

Chris's:  Loved.  Great technical ability. Great styling.  I expect to see big things from that young man.  (Really, from all of them!)

Chelsea:  Cool story.  Cool collection.  She couldn't be cuter.  Her mom was too funny criticizing her time management skills.  Girl, clearly does her best work up against a deadline.

Great finale.  I guess I'll watch next season.

• Love 7

Did you notice the smirk on Haawaa's face when they were talking about Chelsea's collection?  It was like she was saying "Yeah, right, jagoff."  

I would like to arrest whatever company first came up with the weird lip colors.  In what universe does anyone think that bright blue or green or purple lips looks good?  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

They had two more days in the workroom after Teiler was aufed. But still, if he had that other show, something would have had to give, and TV contracts are pretty hard to break. And if he was also doing that 14 piece collection silmultaneously with the PR collection, it may explain why he outsourced work and his pieces were so simple compared to what he did on the show. 

I was wondering the same, and if, just maybe, Tieler preferred being eliminated from PR, so that he could focus on the other fashion show.  I think he knows he has a future in fashion, whether he won PR or not.

• Love 3

Wandering around the internet and I decided to check out Tieler's Facebook page. 

We can buy the bee jacket or anything else he designs.  He does custom orders.  Just email him.

I don't know why that makes me a little giddy.  It just does.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

I would like to arrest whatever company first came up with the weird lip colors.  In what universe does anyone think that bright blue or green or purple lips looks good?

<raises hand shyly in the back> I actually think purple lip color can be quite pretty. I have a deep purple lipstick that's one of my favorites.

I agree with Christian Siriano that each collection had a couple of really strong pieces and a couple of pieces that I wish had been thrown out! I was really happy for Chris getting runner-up (and being happy about it) and agree that his first two looks were two of the strongest in the entire show. That negative space hoodie ensemble was the wow moment of the night for me. If only he could've kept it up to that level for a couple more pieces - I would've loved to see him win! I never would've thought I'd be saying that back at the beginning of the season, but he really turned my opinion of him around as each week went by. I love his deadpan humor and I would watch him if he were a guest commentator. Hell, I bet he'd be fun to listen to talking about anything - such a unique and interesting personality he has!

• Love 14
22 hours ago, millennium said:

American Haawaa Story

Hahaha!  I'm pleased that Haawaat The Fuck didn't win with her silly clown clothes.  Chelsea was a worthy winner; I did like her blue leather sleeves on that short dress, I got what she was going for and it looked like a nice transition piece to me.  I didn't like the red dress, it looked weird and out of place with the rest of the collection, like she grabbed some random dress from somewhere else and dropped it in.  I also really liked the first two of Chris's looks, and a few of Izzy's track outfits were pretty cute.  

If there's an all-stars I'd love to see Chris return, he's entertaining, and I'd like to see Tieler and Molly get another shot as well.

Those "tawdry" underpants that Tim took from Chelsea?  Kelly totally stole them from Tim and she's wearing them right now.  Ugh.

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 2

I can't remember if it was Hawaa who was being critiqued at the time or not, but earlier in the season one of the judges said that one of the contestants would be perfect designing for the theater/stage. And that's where I think Hawaa belongs, as a theatrical designer, where she'd have the opportunity to utilize her over-the-top vision and not inflict it on the average woman who would look utterly ridiculous walking around in it.

• Love 3

I thought they all did a great job. Izzy's collection was a little boring though. I can see why she got 4th place. Hawaa's was entertaining, and even though her clothes are over the top, there were quite a few individual pieces that were wearable if matched with something more plain. I ended up really liking hers. Chris's was cool. It's too bad he didn't end with his two best pieces and/or bring one of them with him to the critique. It's weird that all of the designers except maybe Hawaa brought one of their weakest looks as their "muse" piece. Chelsea was the most consistent throughout the season, and she had some outstanding looks in her collection, so I'm happy she won.

• Love 5

I've disliked Chelsea's personality all season and I've never liked anything she made and the finale was no exception. OK, that's not true, I liked two of her finale pieces well enough. 

But I saw this coming weeks ago. The person I hate always wins!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

What with all the editing in this episode, I really thought this was going to be the Hawwaa show. Good for her for getting this far, but she bombed a number of challenges, and her construction is sloppy. It also would have been the height of unfairness to give her two more opportunities for feedback/advice from Tim and the judges and then allow her to win. All of the contestants should have the same opportunities for critique prior to the final show. She does have talent and made some interesting pieces, but she didn't deserve the win, so I'm glad she didn't get it over someone else more deserving.

I finally realized what I find so off putting about Hawwaa. It's the dissonance I experience every time I look at/think of her. The garments she makes, her makeup, her wardrobe are all sunny, bright, cheerful, and a little wacky. FUN. Her personality - what we've seen of it - is none of that. Not to say she's an angry, dreadful person stomping around making snarky comments at everyone. (Unlike some others, I don't think she did anything particularly awful to A'kai.) But she's pretty stoic and reserved compared to everyone else in the group. Not what I would call outgoing or cheerful. And she's on her way to developing textbook RBF. Her outfit says "look at me  look at me look at me." But the way she carries herself says "leave me the hell alone." I just don't get her.

I can't help but point out that Hannah Jeter, who cares soooo much about these kids, who cried more than once because it hurt her heart to send a kid home, is still calling Hawwaa "huh-WAHH." Ten episodes and everyone else pronouncing it correctly, and she can't be bothered to learn it. That's a major pet peeve of mine. She's had more than passing contact with Hawwaa. There's no excuse for that and she should be embarrassed by her rudeness.

Totally unrelated: It was such a hoot at the end when Chris was leaving the runway. Kelly called out "I love you Chris!" His response "Oh really? Thank you." made me laugh out loud.

• Love 8

Hawaa is the PC contestant and while I did think some of her looks were creative, Kelly Osborne has never met a PC cause she doesn't champion! And as someone said last week, it seemed at times as if her opinion was the one that really mattered the most like Heidi in regular PR. Therefore, I was confident that Hawaa would win. I was pleasantly surprised with the finale even though I really thought Chris had the stronger final collection. Throughout the season though I think Chelsea was stronger, so I was fine with either of them winning. What still disappoints me is that Hawaa got a place in the final over Molly, and that she got 3rd place over Izzy who's collection was a bit boring but had cohesion and a couple of very strong looks, and she did much better during the competition than Hawaa. Hawaa getting 3rd over Izzy must have been due to Kelly O's influence IMO. 

Lovely to see Peytie again. Still think she is more talented than all of this season's contestants!

• Love 6
On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:36 AM, cpansy said:

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I think Chris was robbed. I didn't like anything he did during the season, but I thought his finale collection was extremely well-done, and full of wearable pieces. Even the little throwaway jacket he made was charming to me. I love Chelsea, and have ever since she asked Tim for a hug, but I did think that Chris's collection was significantly better. I didn't see the first season of PR: Junior, so I was excited all season to see the minimal amount of shade and snark thrown. These kids mostly got along with each other, were supportive of each other and - mostly - listened to Tim. They are so much more fun to watch than the adults.

CPansy  ITA.  I rarely do this but found myself yelling at the TV "he got robbed"!  So disappointed, I felt Chelsea's collection was far superior to Izzy's for sure, but please don't get me started about HaWTF.   Did not like her at all, thought she should have left weeks before.  As some one mentioned up post, a one trick pony.   IMO, Teiler should have been there, instead her and the crazy clown costumes designs not to mention her ever present piss poor attitude; her personality was as unpleasant as her makeup.  Did not like her at all, thought she should have left weeks before.  As some one mentioned up post, she was a one trick pony.  Not to mention a sore loser. 

Chris lost with class, his "Silver looks nice on me" was priceless.   Kelly's phony celebrity "I love you Chris!" and his response of "Oh really? Thank you." was another nice touch.  Way to go kiddo; I'm sure he's off to bigger and better things beyond the pages of Seventeen.

10 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've disliked Chelsea's personality all season and I've never liked anything she made and the finale was no exception. OK, that's not true, I liked two of her finale pieces well enough. 

But I saw this coming weeks ago. The person I hate always wins!

Me too Peachmangosteen, me too, never fails.

Edited by zoemom
so much to say so little time
  • Love 3

Chelsea winning was the feel-good moment this season needed. I have adored her from the get. ?

I hated Izzy even a couple weeks ago but like a good fungus, she has grown on me. Still think Molly should have been in the finale instead.

Chris came a long way, and I'm sure he finished better than he expected. His reaction to bring second was my everything.

I didn't hate Hawaa's collection, but I find her hard to look at.

So odd to have Alyssa there just to introduce a video from the beautiful Georgina Chapman. That whole segment didn't need to be aired.

The editors did a good job with the suspense over the winner. Chelsea was clearly the front-runner, but I was *almost* surprised when she won. The editors for Original Recipe PR and Top Chef should take note.

Edited by delicatecutter
  • Love 1

Given their ages, many of these designers are very talented.  More talented than many of the adult contestants on PR.  And most of these kids have a much better attitude.  It's much more enjoyable overall than the adult version on many levels.

Chris was really good but I think Chelsea, overall, was better over the course of the season.

For me, Hawwaa was one note and I wasn't into that note.  Add to that, I just couldn't...with the face makeup and the piercings.  I'm not saying she doesn't have the right to express herself.  I just didn't enjoy having to see it.  That one nose piercing disturbs me in particular.  Ew.  What happens when she blows her nose?  Sorry.  And, she did have a certain attitude that I really didn't see in the other designers.  I'm not saying she's horrible but I also didn't like the attitude she had A'ka (yeah, he was not ready to be on the show but she wasn't a team player).  I'll go back to the corner.

I kind of like seeing Hannah getting emotional.  It's definitely not fake and I can relate.

• Love 1

I was pulling for Chris, but I'm OK with Chelsea winning.  I thought sure the judges would give Hawaa the win so I was pleasantly surprised. Not a fan of her designs or, as stated above, her blue and green eyebrows and lips.  Off-putting, to say the least.

• Love 1
On 2/24/2017 at 8:07 PM, KLovestoShop said:

Did you notice the smirk on Haawaa's face when they were talking about Chelsea's collection?  It was like she was saying "Yeah, right, jagoff."  

Personally, I don't care what color lips someone wants to have (and it's not like all of the more typical colors are any more realistic anyway). But I felt uncomfortable just looking at the dried-paint consistency of it! Ugh, I'm a lip-product junkie and have a balm within reach at all times, so I'm a bit kooky about it, but that was so, so chalky-looking that it made me nuts!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 6
On 2/24/2017 at 0:57 PM, Archery said:

When Alyssa Milano left after introducing the Georgina reel, I thought, "These kids only know her from Project Runway.  They have no idea that she was on Charmed or Who's The Boss!"

I'm 15 years older than Alyssa and I only know her from PRAS.  That said, I'm a little tired of sound bites of young people who are completely unaware of any cultural references that occurred outside their lifespan.  And set up as oh, it's so cute.  It's not.  They do it on the mothership, too.

Including the oh, I don't know what that word means.  "Tawdry" may not be on the SATs, but it's not obscure, and if you don't understand the meaning of a word someone just used in your presence, ask them what it means.  Don't snark on it in a TH as if the other person did something wrong.  Especially when it was your shitty design that prompted the use of the word.

On 2/24/2017 at 1:17 AM, millennium said:

Why does the camera have a crush on Candice Cuoco?   She's like Plan 9 From Outer Space.

I didn't even recognize Candice; I thought it might be Maya Luz from season 6 until they showed her name.  I can't remember Candice.  Will have to re-watch her season.

Haawaa's designs looked like she ripped up a crazy quilt and reattached the pieces in strange ways.

Edited by meowmommy
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, meowmommy said:

I'm 15 years older than Alyssa and I only know her from PRAS.  That said, I'm a little tired of sound bites of young people who are completely unaware of any cultural references that occurred outside their lifespan.  And set up as oh, it's so cute.  It's not.  They do it on the mothership, too.

Including the oh, I don't know what that word means.  "Tawdry" may not be on the SATs, but it's not obscure, and if you don't understand the meaning of a word someone just used in your presence, ask them what it means.  Don't snark on it in a TH as if the other person did something wrong.  Especially when it was your shitty design that prompted the use of the word.

Maybe it's just been the luck of the draw, but being edited to appear "clueless and cute" only seems to happen when it's a girl onscreen.

• Love 2