Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E04: Four Tickets To Paradise

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

What is the point of a one piece thong bathing suit?  Kailah looked rediculous in that thing. 

I felt bad for Toya and Anthony.  Anthony because he was such a non-entity, and it was clear Nelson was going to win with the camera focus on him.  Toya because of that damn monkey!  She may have won if it weren't for that thing!  Those teeth are no joke! 

I cant wait for CT!

• Love 3

Where was Shane's paranoia? He got his ticket. Don't like his chances, though. It must suck to be the only multi-Challenge alumni from Campus Crawl not to win a season. Meanwhile, Sarah and Kendall went won-and-done. Even if he and Sarah are friends now, that has to hurt a little.

Theo probably broke his hand punching a wall. An After Show would have been good, just to see if anybody would cop to even thinking about punking out on a heights endgame. Probably not. He's still a punk, though. Cut to Tyara on the phone: "WANKER!!!!"

The Oasis looks good. Actually had a laugh at Dario going over the amenities with Nelson and Cory. Also funny: the random dude getting in Teege's shot. "Hey." Not to mention the monkey kinda/sorta menacing Latoya.

"That's C-Fuckin'-T!!" Indeed. Nice to see him inspire awe and/or fear.

ETA: Since when does Burger King get into bed with BMP? And when did Subway get out of that bed?

• Love 3

What were they feeding them that they went so ape shit over BK?

There should be much better-tasting food in Thailand but even after they got to the Oasis, they fed them cold cuts?

The challengers didn't seem completely surprised about the champions showing up.  They probably did the math and realized no way they're only going to have 12 people compete for that money.

Now will it be teams format for awhile, never-winners vs. champions?  At the end, it's going to be one couple who split the biggest pot?

You only hope the never-winners think about pooling their votes.

• Love 2

What is the point of a one piece thong bathing suit?  Kailah looked rediculous in that thing. 

I felt bad for Toya and Anthony.  Anthony because he was such a non-entity, and it was clear Nelson was going to win with the camera focus on him.  Toya because of that damn monkey!  She may have won if it weren't for that thing!  Those teeth are no joke! 

I cant wait for CT!

Yeah, a monkey once bit me and let me tell you, that was some of the worst pain that I ever felt! It was even more painful than looking at Kailah's bathing suit!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Also funny: the random dude getting in Teege's shot. "Hey." Not to mention the monkey kinda/sorta menacing Latoya.

The more I think of that guy wandering in front of the camera the more it makes me laugh.  TJ's droll "Hey" was perfection.

I seriously thought that monkey was going to latch on to LaToya's face and don't blame her for stopping and waiting.  I hope it didn't impact her time because I'm sad she did not win.  Sylvia is basically a cipher.

• Love 2

It was definitely a mistake not to have the people who made it to the Oasis continue to compete because I completely forgot they were there (except for Cory and other dude with 2 kids).  And considering I don't know who they are anyway, they basically disappeared for me. 

9 hours ago, mojoween said:

Jenna has no exes here yaaaaayyyy!.....oh.

Not for long!  Lol!  I am so mad that Jenna is gonna be chasing after this dude next week.  Ugh!  C'mon girl!

I knew Toya wasn't gonna make it after she basically quit in the rolling challenge when she was, at most, 2 rolls away from the rope.  If she couldn't push through that, there was no way she would make it through an elimination.  Same for Sylvia (?)....I predict she's gonna go real soon.

• Love 3

I wonder if it pisses Johnny off that the newbies are always in awe of CT...no one is going "oh no, not the badass Challenge Champion Johnny!" even though he worked hard to get that title and CR basically doesn't care. It's happened other seasons too and it always cracks me up. 

• Love 11

It is because while Johnny is the GOAT at the challenge and I don't think it is even debatable as much as I hate him,  no one fears him physically or has seen Johnny perform some of the most impressive physical feats on the whole challenge.  Pretty much no one including Johnny want to go up against CT in a physical competition.  Even Zach who is a physical specimen himself and is bigger than CT is amazed at CT's athleticism and strength.  If you go back and watch all the old shows, people who competed with him including some of the best to play the game and win the most were in awe of CT's strength and physical ability.  Remember on Rivals 1 when he just picked up that 400 lb statue that it took Kenny, Evan, and Johnny to move like it was nothing?  Add in his badass rep and his known penchant for fighting in his younger years (and some of these guys may know of him from the appearance club scene back in the day when he did get into fights and knock people out IRL) and you have a guy that other guys either fear or are in awe of.  As the old saying goes, all the guys want to be him, all the girls want to F him.

Johnny is like Tom Brady in that he may not have the most physical gifts although he is no slouch but will beat you with drive, intelligence, and plays like a chessmaster, CT is more like Aaron Rodgers who can do things with a football that almost nobody else can physically but often times makes dumb decisions and ends up on the losing side despite being physically superior to the opposition.

For the record, I can't stand JB so comparing him to Tom Brady makes me ill but the comparison is apt.

Edited by Unclejosh
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Is the thong swimsuit in style or only on reality tv shows and music videos and KK's instagram? That shit looks uncomfortable as all hell. Wedgie and cameltoe up the wazoo. 

Well she claimed in her season that she has a golden pussy.  Once she hooks up with guys, she owns them.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Is the thong swimsuit in style or only on reality tv shows and music videos and KK's instagram? That shit looks uncomfortable as all hell. Wedgie and cameltoe up the wazoo. 

I don't know but I didn't event think it was flattering on her, I mean she has a great body and it just made her look wide.

• Love 4

It is because while Johnny is the GOAT at the challenge and I don't think it is even debatable as much as I hate him,  no one fears him physically or has seen Johnny perform some of the most impressive physical feats on the whole challenge.  Pretty much no one including Johnny want to go up against CT in a physical competition.  Even Zach who is a physical specimen himself and is bigger than CT is amazed at CT's athleticism and strength.  If you go back and watch all the old shows, people who competed with him including some of the best to play the game and win the most were in awe of CT's strength and physical ability.  Remember on Rivals 1 when he just picked up that 400 lb statue that it took Kenny, Evan, and Johnny to move like it was nothing?  Add in his badass rep and his known penchant for fighting in his younger years (and some of these guys may know of him from the appearance club scene back in the day when he did get into fights and knock people out IRL) and you have a guy that other guys either fear or are in awe of.  As the old saying goes, all the guys want to be him, all the girls want to F him.

Johnny is like Tom Brady in that he may not have the most physical gifts although he is no slouch but will beat you with drive, intelligence, and plays like a chessmaster, CT is more like Aaron Rodgers who can do things with a football that almost nobody else can physically but often times makes dumb decisions and ends up on the losing side despite being physically superior to the opposition.

For the record, I can't stand JB so comparing him to Tom Brady makes me ill but the comparison is apt.

Yea compared to Darrell and CT, Johnny, at least from a physical standpoint, is not as impressive. Johnny became the GOAT of the challenge by knowing HOW to play the game and combine that with an above-average performance athletically. If there was not politics or strategic element to The Challenge, and it was purely based on athleticism, both CT and Darrell would have Johnny beat every single time. If I was an underdog on this season, the appearance of Johnny would neither surprise or frighten me as much as the appearance of CT OR Darrell. Johnny is an expectation to be dealt with at this point.

• Love 4

Agreed.  I know Darrell was the all time winning champion until JB passed him and I know he is good, but I honestly cannot recall any specific impressive thing he has done other than knock Brad unconscious.  He always seemed to be a very good competitor who flew under the radar a lot and was athletic enough to win finals but I am struggling to think of any specific elimination or challenge where he blew me away.  I think Landon, CT, Alton are the best physical competitors in Challenge history. Special Mention to Derrick who despite his size was pretty impressive in many physical challenges/eliminations.

Honestly Zach is the guy I would fear the least out of all the champs returning if I were any sort of competitor in this challenge.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, scrb said:

Now will it be teams format for awhile, never-winners vs. champions?  At the end, it's going to be one couple who split the biggest pot?

You only hope the never-winners think about pooling their votes.

There are eight champs and a dozen underdogs. I think everybody plays for themselves, and each gender will have a winner.

If Darrell called it a career after Fresh Meat, he would've gotten G.O.A.T. status. Johnny's won six, but he went without the big prize on seven seasons.

Looked at the episode. Teege said "Hello." Also, the interloper's face was blurred, so I guess he didn't sign the waiver.

• Love 4

I didn't remember this when I watched the episode, but the recap jogged my memory.  I think during one season the only decent food they got was cold cuts.  Everything but that and alcohol made them sick.  I don't eat red meat, so it stuck with me that they lived on grilled cold cut sandwiches.

37 minutes ago, Rascotes said:

Watching that chick from Boston lick that spoon just turned me off of peanut butter forever.  Thanks, MTV.

Nicole is from Staten Island. And I'm sure BMP gave her that jar and nobody else. That is what I'm hoping. I like her enough where I reeeeeeeeaaaaaallllllly don't want to compare her to a certain scabbed butthole.

ETA: Just read the recap. For the record: Darrell is 4-for-6, winning those in the span of six seasons (not popping up in Battle Of The Sexes 2 and Gauntlet 2). Johnny is 6-for-13.

• Love 1

Nicole is pretty cool. She's the only one from her RW season that I didn't want to throat punch. She seems to have toned down her affected accent as well. I remember her sisters didn't have that crazy accent. 

They did a good job of making the champs look physically bigger than the newbies. Even Cara Maria, who isn't a huge girl, looked like a monster in that entrance video. 

13 hours ago, Unclejosh said:

Remember on Rivals 1 when he just picked up that 400 lb statue that it took Kenny, Evan, and Johnny to move like it was nothing?  Add in his badass rep and his known penchant for fighting in his younger years (and some of these guys may know of him from the appearance club scene back in the day when he did get into fights and knock people out IRL) and you have a guy that other guys either fear or are in awe of.  As the old saying goes, all the guys want to be him, all the girls want to F him.

Don't forget CT wearing John as a backpack!  The second greatest thing about that clip is the reactions of the rest of cast watching from the sidelines.  If he wasn't already a "legend" then, he definitely was after.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Unclejosh said:

Honestly Zach is the guy I would fear the least out of all the champs returning if I were any sort of competitor in this challenge.

I would fear Zach in very specific competitions.  Competitions that require no thinking and no stamina will favor Zach over everyone.  I would not want to engage in any kind of wrestling or football like games against Zach.  Or anything that requires close combat.  Its not just that your chances of winning decrease in these comps against Zach, its that your chances of winning disappear.  You really have no chance in a game like the one where they build a glass, see through aisle/corridor and then each competitor has to go through the aisle and ring the bell on the other side.

Edited by MV007
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, sekay87 said:

Yea compared to Darrell and CT, Johnny, at least from a physical standpoint, is not as impressive. Johnny became the GOAT of the challenge by knowing HOW to play the game and combine that with an above-average performance athletically. If there was not politics or strategic element to The Challenge, and it was purely based on athleticism, both CT and Darrell would have Johnny beat every single time. If I was an underdog on this season, the appearance of Johnny would neither surprise or frighten me as much as the appearance of CT OR Darrell. Johnny is an expectation to be dealt with at this point.

That's a good point that Johnny isn't feared physically, but I figured he at least thinks of himself as feared for being manipulative and playing the game well. But, like you said, seeing Johnny at this point isn't really a shock, so that's probably why no one cares when he shows up. 

1 hour ago, MV007 said:

I would fear Zach in very specific competitions.  Competitions that require no thinking and no stamina will favor Zach over everyone.  I would not want to engage in any kind of wrestling or football like games against Zach.  Or anything that requires close combat.  Its not just that your chances of winning decrease in these comps against Zach, its that your chances of winning disappear.  You really have no chance in a game like the one where they build a glass, see through aisle/corridor and then each competitor has to go through the aisle and ring the bell on the other side.

That's why Big Easy always slid through pretty easily because no one wanted to chance going into an elimination with him and it being something like that where body mass will win every time. He was horrible at everything else.

I'm interested in seeing if the new kids FINALLY create a worthwhile alliance against Johnny (and some of the other champions) this time. They had more time together to bond before he showed up this time. They could get him out early if they had the balls to do it. They have the votes....but inevitably Johnny sweet talks several of them into his alliance. Ugh.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Ladystardust said:

I'm interested in seeing if the new kids FINALLY create a worthwhile alliance against Johnny (and some of the other champions) this time. They had more time together to bond before he showed up this time. They could get him out early if they had the balls to do it. They have the votes....but inevitably Johnny sweet talks several of them into his alliance. Ugh.

This would be great, but many of them have already shown themselves to be idiots. Even if they did band together, dumbass Sylvia would jump the the other team the second one of the vets blinked in her direction.  I mean she didn't even have loyalty to the people from her own season and chose instead to vote with strangers!

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Don't forget CT wearing John as a backpack!  The second greatest thing about that clip is the reactions of the rest of cast watching from the sidelines.  If he wasn't already a "legend" then, he definitely was after.

No one can ever forget that moment.  It is the single greatest challenge moment in history.  And despite JB constantly crying about it and even begging people to stop talking about it on his Hall of Fame special, it will never go away.  It is the simultaneously the most humiliating and impressive athletic victory ever to occur in all 30 or so of these challenges.

Note to JB: Just because CT's teammate deliberately threw the final challenge to let you get to the finals in Rivals 1 and you had more endurance than a heavier older smoker in another final and somehow did a puzzle quicker to also advance to a final will never erase the fact that CT picked you up like a baby and despite kicking your tiny legs and crying all the way deposited your arrogant ass onto a metal 55 gallon drum and you could literally do nothing about it.  

Nobody has ever been "cucked" (to use a popular buzzword these days) to that degree on the challenge and likely never will be again.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, MV007 said:

Depends on the other competitors athletic ability. CJ beat Zach in Hall Brawl I believe despite being much smaller.  Zach doesn't have the heart to go along with his physical abilities.  Pretty sure Abram was able to outwrestle Zach on another physical wrestling challenge.  He really is not that impressive if you look closely at his performances overall.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sarah D. Bunting said:

Thanks Lantern!

You're welcome. It's a benefit of not having a life and being unable to "quit" this stupid, stupid show.

While I'm here . . . would it be okay for a "Champ" to win the big prize? I'm thinking of the first three missions as more of a preliminary stage.

I loved the monk who strolled through the temple grounds giving no fucks that they were filming. It's actually kind of offensive to use a sacred temple as a filming location, imo...

Finally, the champions! I'm gonna hate watching Zack use and abuse Jenna. She really needs some self esteem.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 4

Of course they left the champs until the last minute! That's all I've been waiting for since this season started. I'm happy to see Cara Maria, Laurel, Darrell, and CT the most.

It's cool to see Cara Maria and Darrell together again on the same season considering they didn't make it past the first week on Fresh Meat II, thanks to Wes throwing them into elimination. They could've possibly won that season. 

That was very attention seeking of Cory and Kailah making out in front of the camera like that lol. 

Those stairs in the elimination challenge were definitely no joke! I would've been scared to fall down the stairs once it started raining.

Edited by Steph619
  • Love 2
On 2/23/2017 at 8:12 PM, Steph619 said:

Of course they left the champs until the last minute! That's all I've been waiting for since this season started. I'm happy to see Cara Maria, Laurel, Darrell, and CT the most.

Change that to only about CM, CT, Laurel and Darrell and I agree. Camilla and Ashley are whatever but Zack and old what's his name have definitely not been missed by me. I'm very interested to see Darrell compete again and glad to see him. I'm happy to see Shane and I never cared much about him back in the day. Most of these new kids are Zzzz or completely annoying - or both.

Stop trying to make Dario happen.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Change that to only about CM, CT, Laurel and Darrell and I agree. Camilla and Ashley are whatever but Zack and old what's his name have definitely not been missed by me. I'm very interested to see Darrell compete again and glad to see him. I'm happy to see Shane and I never cared much about him back in the day. Most of these new kids are Zzzz or completely annoying - or both.

Stop trying to make Dario happen.

Lol, I should've said only. I don't remember Ashley, Zac is awful, and don't get me started on Johnny!

By the way, this is off topic, but I love your avatar pic. I'm a fan of Archie comics especially Betty and Veronica. :)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, zenme said:

Well, I am kinda curious how the Zach and Jenna thing is gonna go, in light of the way he dumped her. 

If you missed the preview for the next episode Jenna says how she still has feelings for him despite everything and he says something about not wanting to mess with her but she's so hot... sounds like he will probably hook up with her and then be a dick to her and we will have to watch her be dumb, fall for it and get hurt. Just an "educated" guess. Argh.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 6

She just has no self-esteem, the way she was a doormat to Jay and now this other guy.

She's another one who's wasting time on the Challenge rather than getting a real job (a couple of seasons ago, when she was on with her cousin, they got into a fight and one of the arguments was over the fact that she never had a job).

She doesn't win enough on these Challenge shows to keep showing up.  BM probably wants to keep casting her since she's good to look at on TV so she should demand extra appearance money, like Bananas is rumored to be getting.

• Love 1

Poor Jenna! I actually think these challenges are good for her. I think her dream is to model and I'm not seeing her in any ad campaigns, so this seems to be a way to get her out of the house, get some kind of exposure and give her way to earn more money than she's probably earning in her nanny gig. I don't think she cares to get an education. I could be very wrong, but that's my gut feeling. 

• Love 1
On 2/26/2017 at 9:16 PM, zenme said:

Poor Jenna! I actually think these challenges are good for her. I think her dream is to model and I'm not seeing her in any ad campaigns, so this seems to be a way to get her out of the house, get some kind of exposure and give her way to earn more money than she's probably earning in her nanny gig. I don't think she cares to get an education. I could be very wrong, but that's my gut feeling. 

I agree, and furthermore, college isn't for everybody, and neither is obtaining a "real" job.  If she doesn't have to get a "real" job and doesn't want to, then why should she? More power to her.

• Love 2