Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E08: Week 8: Hometown Dates

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Thank you for the answer sasha206. That makes more sense. The show does love to get into the classroom. The time it really bothered me was the "sex talk" on, was it Katelyn's season? Probably. If I were a parent I would have been furious that my kid was being talked to about sex by the idiots on this show. So, yeah, when I think about it that way, I get it. Again, thank you for responding. I was genuinely curious because everyone does see things so very differently. It's what makes these forums so interesting. I'm always learning to look at things a different way.

Amen!  And thanks for asking me to 'splain! :)

19 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

Haha, followed by a scene were all the other girls are out at the pool getting drunk while the teacher is inside grading papers. Does this show film in the summer, while school is out or do these teachers actually take part of the school year off to do this show? I mean, yeah, it's the same as all of them taking time off I guess, but that's gotta be weird for the kids. "where's Miss Vanessa?" "She's off trying to win her a man!" hahaha

I know, right?  If my kid came home and said her teacher was going on this show, I'd want a different teacher.  I'd think she's either a nut trying to find her "true love" on a dating show or she's a total famewhore that shouldn't be teaching kids in the first place!  Of course, I'd wonder about ANYONE In a professional setting who chose to debase themselves on this show!

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Of course, I'd wonder about ANYONE In a professional setting who chose to debase themselves on this show!

Yes! This! I mean, I get the "salesmen" or "entrepreneur" going on the show, they probably don't actually have real jobs that took a proper education beyond high school to acquire. But why would someone who actually perused a career to the point of getting extra education want to risk ever being taken seriously again other than the hope of being famous and never having to work again. That's why, as soon as Rachel was announced as bachelorette my opinion of her plummeted. It's one thing to do this once, just for the experience, to see what it's like, but once you go back, you are pretty much saying screw my real career I want to make a fool of myself and get paid for it. Good for them, I guess, but I do wonder what women like Rachel and Vanessa, who don't actually seem as famewhorey, in that they don't talk about their sex life or anything else that gets them screen time, are thinking when they do this shit.

I also wonder what it offered to the students, etc, who appear. Are they just told to sign something to consent to being filmed? Did any students/their parents say no? Are they subject to the same potential humiliation as the cast? Can they be edited to look any way production wants them to? I'd never really thought about all that before.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Does this show film in the summer, while school is out or do these teachers actually take part of the school year off to do this show?

The Bachelor films in the fall and early winter, so a teacher would have to take off a semester/term to appear on the show.

• Love 2
On 2/20/2017 at 7:07 PM, dom16 said:

Holy shit, Vanessa is one of the most annoying contestants to ever go on this show. Really? You only JUST realized that he "might actually care about the other women"? She's so entitled. 

She really was in her own bubbly with Nick and did not think for a second that Nick may be in love with the other women. 

Well I admire her positivity!

On 2/21/2017 at 1:30 AM, yorklee2 said:

These are exactly my thoughts as I posted earlier. She may think she's in love right now but I don't think once the Bachelor effect wore off it would take long for her to tire of that. Especially since her dad is basically taking care of her now and if that were to go away with her marriage she would definitely tire of it sooner rather than later. It would take a very wealthy (and patient) man to keep her happy.

Corrine just wanted to win the show because shes used to getting what she wants. Shes spoilt! She wanted a fairy tale life with Nick but once all the magazine deals and spin off shows were done he may not have enough money to look after Corrine. Unless he was lucky and became a TV presenter. Its not impossible for him to become wealthy I just don't think he was confident in himself and wanted someone who was humble.  He wanted a low maintanence wife !

On 2/21/2017 at 9:36 AM, Mabinogia said:

It was interesting that he modified it when her father asked the same questions. He started to say it then stopped himself and backpeddled saying it wasn't about looks but about an instant connection he felt with her. Whatever one things of Nick, at least he tries to learn from his mistakes. lol

That was such a shallow thing to say. Bless him, nerves got the better of him. 

Saying he knew he liked her because he felt an instant connection was better. we like that!

On 2/21/2017 at 10:58 AM, Lemons said:

Most fathers first thoughts would be -"how could he possibly support a family?" He is hardly a great catch. 

My thoughts exactly. 

On 2/22/2017 at 5:25 AM, Superpole2000 said:

I think you nailed it. He had that, "I did it. I married a black woman. I know...I'm amazing!" look on his face. Get over yourself buddy. You're the extra in a shitty movie starring a has-been famewhoring actor. I wonder if he's secretly thrilled that Rachel won't be marrying Nick so that he can continue being the special case in the family.

I know what you mean. He seemed happy to be part of the family but I think he was just looking out for Rachel. He didn't want her to get hurt. I also think he felt a little threatened by Nick's looks. I mean Nick is in great shape athletic and handsome. Rachels brother in -law on the other hand is over weight. 

• Love 1