Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: Loose Lips Sink Ships

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

This is EXACTLY how I feel.  It was more like Kandi was doing damage control.  For one thing, the only thing that was said as far as she knew was that it was insinuated that she may be gay.  Like everyone said about Porsha and her anger management issue, Kandi also could've killed this issue by saying I did have a time or two or she could have said it was none of their business.  To escalate the group conversation and do some bus throwing at the dinner and afterwards about Porsha was totally unnecessary and the need to meet again to rehash it all was even more unnecessary.

I truly believe that the real factor in this mess is Todd1, who it has been rumored that he was cheating, could've possibly approached Porsha first.  Also for what was stated at the cafe, this was a three-way drunkfest that got a little more touchy feely and even that doesn't make either of them a "agressive lesbian."  There is too much bull coming from Kandi who seemed the most upset of the two and who appears to be the main one keeping this going.  Porsha really haven't addressed it beyond what we are seeing on the show. Not on facebook or twitter and not really on Dish Nation.  Kandi, OTOH, is on the "lesbian road tour" hitting as many talk shows as she can to keep this crap relevant.

As I stated before (my opinion, folks) for someone who has a husband, two lovely children, and close family (of sorts) and has $35 mil at her disposal and a big house, she is the most miserable person I have ever witnessed.  She had a problem with Phaedra talking to Nene and immediately assumed Phaedra was trash talking her.  She went out of her way to warn Phaedra that if Nene and Phaedra have a falling out, Nene would blast her personal business to everyone HOWEVER, that was exactly what Kandi did the moment she and Phaedra stopped being friends.  She "assumed" Phaedra was trashing her business  when Phaedra really has no reason to involve herself with the types of businesses Kandi is dealing with nor has there been a time when Phaedra ever mentioned Kandi's businesses.

It's like Kandi is perpetually paranoid about her private life.  Yes, she has Bedroom Kandi products out there but she also wants to exude this aire of superiority over the other women and that cannot be done if they all know her kinky secrets.  I feel she is more worried about what Phaedra or Porsha can really say about her private tastes. 

And it all comes back to Todd1.  He already admitted he had liking for Porsha and if he is tipping, more than likely, Kandi suspects.  To have the family she always wanted and still be rather miserable says a lot about the reality of their marriage.  She has to be just as aware that A. everyone who has been married on this show has been divorced with only one person remarrying and only one other appearing to reconcile.  Kandi and Cynthia are the only two who have been married on the show and Cynthia's marriage is over.  Being that Todd1 and Peter are very good friends and that the known cheater and criminal, Apollo is the person they seem to ride or die for, it has to have crossed her mind that Todd is probably tipping out on her;  B. I believe she would do anything to hold on to her marriage and if he wants a three-way, she would probably go along with it.  Do I believe she has a dungeon in her basement? no.  Do I believe she has SOMETHING set up in her basement that she hopes would keep him from tipping, YES.  AND I seriously believe she was friendly with Porsha only because of Todd's interest in her.  If she can control the situation, her marriage can stay intact. 

I just don't really believe that a man whose mother was disgustingly trashed by his mother in law and that he had to sign a prenup that pretty much says that if things don't work out, he would be just dismissed has to weight heavily on him and I don't buy that he no longer resents Joyce or that Joyce is all for him either.  I feel the tension is still there and this mess is the result.

DAMN!! I had WAY too much to say!!

1. Kandi didn't escalate the issue. She did say she had experimented and so what? That wasn't the point. The point was that Porsha, of all people, was the one saying she was in the closet. 

2. How is Todd "the real factor in this mess"? He doesn't have anything to do with this issue. Nothing was ever stated it was any kind of "three way" drunkfest. Todd was there when they kissed. So what? And Porsha telling Kandi she wants to eat her P until she orgasms; that is certainly enough for Kandi to label her an "agressive lesbian", IMO. And of course Porsha is not addressing any of this on social media. She can't back up her lies with receipts. So she has no choice but to say nothing because she knows she looks like a damn fool. 

3. And again I have to wonder if people are watching the same show as me, because that is NOT what happened. Kandi didn't go telling Phaedra's business the minute they weren't friends. Not even close. She has been loyal to Phaedra for YEARS. They hadn't been close for a while. Kandi finally broke because of Phaedra talking shit about Todd in her interviews last year. And that's Phaedra's own damn fault. And of course Kandi felt some type of way about Phaedra crying to Nene on camera about Kandi not being a good friend while she was going through the Apollo situation. Because Phaedra told Kandi she was ready for him to be gone and was already dating someone else! 

4. I don't see Kandi being "perpetually paranoid" about her private life at all. She's worried about what Phaedra and Porsha will say about her "private tastes"? Really? I don't see where any of that is coming from. We know Phaedra and Porsha will lie to put up a front about their personal lives. When have we ever known Kandi to do that?  I also don't see how she has an "air of superiority" over the other women. Can you give examples? Now Nene had an air of superiority over the other women and she said as much, that none of the other ladies were "at her level". Phaedra has shown an air of superiority when she said she wanted to come on the show because none of the other women had a job or a career, besides Kandi. Kim had an air of superiority when she didn't want to hang out with the women or go on any trips. Kim Fields had an air of superiority when she said she wanted to bring "class" to the group. But I can't recall a time when Kandi has ever acted like she thought she was better than the other women. 

5. Again, I don't see how Todd has anything to do with anything, and I definitely don't see Kandi as being "miserable": 

Edited by Tararayne
  • Love 17
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:42 PM, RealReality said:

Porsha herself said that she was being shady when confronted by sheree at the dinner.

So, yeah, porsha was being shady...by her own account.

Are you sure she meant she was being shady specifically regarding the "come out of the closet" comment? Because why would Porsha throw shade about Kandi needing to come out of the homosexual closet, if she, herself, is in the homosexual closet? Especially, when she propositioned Kandi?

Wasn't Marlo the one who made the "f*****" comment a few seasons ago? And then apologized?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, balisticnikki said:

Are you sure she meant she was being shady specifically regarding the "come out of the closet" comment? Because why would Porsha throw shade about Kandi needing to come out of the homosexual closet, if she, herself, is in the homosexual closet? Especially, when she propositioned Kandi?

Wasn't Marlo the one who made the "f*****" comment a few seasons ago? And then apologized?

Porsha absolutely meant "come out of the closet" in a shady homophobic way." Porsha threw shade about Kandi being with women because she didn't think it would get back to Kandi and Sheree didn't know about Porsha's history with women. Also Porsha forgot to account for Sheree's acute case of runteldat.

Marlo did make the f***** comment. However, this franchise and New Jersey are the absolute worst about their homophobia.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

LOL, so first its that porsha wasn't being shady, and now that she admitted to being shady it could possibly not be the right shady.  Intersting.

Porsha threw that lesbian shade because she was stupid enough to think sheree wouldn't go right back and tell kandi.  Porsha is just one of those people who will never own her shit.  So it doesn't surprise me in the least that one day she would rail against gay people and the next day she would be asking to eat a woman's pussy.  She is like one of those preachers you later find out is breaking all the commandments.

So yes, porsha is both a liar and a hypocrite.  This is a far more logical conclusion than some strange explanation that she wasn't shady, or not the right kind of shady, or she was referencing some literal hypothetical closet.

• Love 7

Well there are text out in the atmosphere between Kandi & Porsche  about some wild night in queens with Todd1. So there's that.

some girl named Neeq is the suspected woman Kandi has relations with. Kandis mess has not been a secret in the ATL. 

I am sure that gaggle of gossips she calls employees are probably going to eventually out her salacious behavior before it's all over!

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 1:39 PM, jumper sage said:

@Aging Goth - Everything you said was spot on except where you scream NO, I scream OMG YES.  This franchise has come to this.

Sheree's son needs to get another manager or work directly with Cynthia himself.  It was Cynthia's own line and I do think she would give him a chance at exposure.

True.. Cynthia was correct is saying that Sharee need to learn how the business works and stop acting like a money-grubbing heifer...

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:48 PM, Adeejay said:

I agree.  This franchise and Jersey used to be my favorites, but I gave up on Jersey three years ago and think it's time to give up on this one too.  The show has gotten way too dark for my liking.  It doesn't seem like the ladies are having any fun.  It's time to either recast or pull the plug. 

Recast Please !! These women are just tired now. They don't mix well together as a group anymore.   

• Love 3
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

LOL, so first its that porsha wasn't being shady, and now that she admitted to being shady it could possibly not be the right shady.  Intersting.

Porsha threw that lesbian shade because she was stupid enough to think sheree wouldn't go right back and tell kandi.  Porsha is just one of those people who will never own her shit.  So it doesn't surprise me in the least that one day she would rail against gay people and the next day she would be asking to eat a woman's pussy.  She is like one of those preachers you later find out is breaking all the commandments.

So yes, porsha is both a liar and a hypocrite.  This is a far more logical conclusion than some strange explanation that she wasn't shady, or not the right kind of shady, or she was referencing some literal hypothetical closet.

You're the one who said Porsha admitted to being shady. If you say, I'll take your word. But I didn't hear Porsha admit to being shady. Not sure why that's interesting...I'm just trying to make sense out of it bc it doesn't ring true to me.

29 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

You're the one who said Porsha admitted to being shady. If you say, I'll take your word. But I didn't hear Porsha admit to being shady. Not sure why that's interesting...I'm just trying to make sense out of it bc it doesn't ring true to me.

LOL, she said it during the show.  A couple of times, at least once at the table IIRC and in her TH.  I actually think she said it more than once at the dinner table.

Well, its interesting because if you credit what I say with being true, then trying to interpret it as something other than the obvious shady seems more emotional and less logical.  Which I find interesting.  I like Kenya, who is, by all accounts, one of the more unlikable characters on the show.  And I have no problem defending her actions.....and I also have no problem taking a step back and admitting when she is wrong.  As much as I like Kenya,  I'm not sure I would try to ascribe anything other than the obvious meaning to her own words.

If Kenya ever came right out and said "I was being shady," when she said someone should "come out of the closet," I would have no problem saying "hey, Kenya was throwing shade at someone for being gay or a lesbian."

Any other response would feel like I'm trying to just avoid reality, but thats just me.

I can like any of these castmembers and admit that they all have their faults, or times when they are wrong.  They are human, to me, even terrible human beings can have a few good qualities, and even good human beings can have faults.  Its interesting to me, that it seems so black and white to some people.  You can like Porsha, and admit that she was obviously throwing shade about Kandi being a lesbian when she made that comment.  The comment she herself called shady.  Being a good person, and doing something wrong aren't mutually exclusive to me.  Although, I don't like Porsha or necessarily think she is a good person.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, RealReality said:

LOL, she said it during the show.  A couple of times, at least once at the table IIRC and in her TH.  I actually think she said it more than once at the dinner table.

Well, its interesting because if you credit what I say with being true, then trying to interpret it as something other than the obvious shady seems more emotional and less logical.  Which I find interesting.  I like Kenya, who is, by all accounts, one of the more unlikable characters on the show.  And I have no problem defending her actions.....and I also have no problem taking a step back and admitting when she is wrong.  As much as I like Kenya,  I'm not sure I would try to ascribe anything other than the obvious meaning to her own words.

If Kenya ever came right out and said "I was being shady," when she said someone should "come out of the closet," I would have no problem saying "hey, Kenya was throwing shade at someone for being gay or a lesbian."

Any other response would feel like I'm trying to just avoid reality, but thats just me.

I can like any of these castmembers and admit that they all have their faults, or times when they are wrong.  They are human, to me, even terrible human beings can have a few good qualities, and even good human beings can have faults.  Its interesting to me, that it seems so black and white to some people.  You can like Porsha, and admit that she was obviously throwing shade about Kandi being a lesbian when she made that comment.  The comment she herself called shady.  Being a good person, and doing something wrong aren't mutually exclusive to me.  Although, I don't like Porsha or necessarily think she is a good person.

More emotional?

I don't have any emotion invested in this show. I don't like or dislike any of them. I'm just trying to understand who said what and why. Nothing more.

Edited by balisticnikki
42 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

More emotional?

I don't have any emotion invested in this show. I don't like or dislike any of them. Not trying to ascribe any meanings, etc. I'm just trying to understand who said what and why. Nothing more.

Yes, to me it seems emotional when a person seems to go out of their way to avoid the most obvious and logical conclusion that can be drawn.

Trying to find an alternate meaning for Porsha saying she made a shady comment when she talked about Kandi "coming out of the closet" seems to avoid the most obvious and logical conclusion a person would draw.  So, if something isn't logical....well, then it probably based in emotion.

You first said that Porsha was somehow talking about a literal, hypothetical closet when she made the comment.  Which doesn't make sense to me because why would you use that particular phrase if you weren't, at the very least using it as a double entendre?  Why that particular phrase, which has another very well known meaning?  Is the idea that Porsha just stumbled onto a well known phrase for revealing sexuality during a conversation about Kandi's proclivity for being a freak in the bedroom? Because Porsha doesn't do words so well? 

And how would that really even be appropriate for the shady conversation that they were having about Kandi being freaky in the bedroom.  person a says "so and so is a crazy sex freak, they are probably watching people sexing from their closet," person b essentially says "maybe so and so should literally step out of this hypothetical, but literal closet."  In a conversation where people are throwing shade about someone's sexuality and being a freak in the sheets, does that even make sense?   Because it doesn't to me.

Is the idea that, in a conversation where Porsha is kiki'ing with her friend who is throwing shade about Kandi being freaky in the bedroom, that Porsha wasn't throwing shade about Kandi's sexuality with that comment?  Especially given the fact that she and Kandi have already been at each others throats and she didn't realize she was talking to someone who was going to share the conversation.  In light of all of that, the idea that it isn't that shade throwing isn't the most logical conclusion to draw is odd to me  .Or that trying to maintain that throwing shade isn't the most logical conclusion to draw?   To me, there is far more clear evidence to back the conclusion that she was throwing shade about Kandi being a lesbian with the comment, and almost none to back the conclusion that she wasn't throwing shade because she is stupid.  Porsha knows damn well how to throw shade and we've seen evidence of that in the past.

And then, when its pointed out that Porsha admitted that she was being shady, the counter is that maybe it wasn't that shade she was talking about when that specific incident was being discussed at the table.

19 hours ago, balisticnikki said:

This comment here, is what I was referring to when I said that people will ascribe other meanings  to a situation with a plain meaning.  Like "well did she mean she was shady with that comment, when she said that her comment was shady?  Could she have been talking about another comment?"  Umm, not really when she admitted it was a shady comment at the dinner table when being pressed about it....and in her TH later when discussing it.

As for why Porsha would say that?  She didn't think it would get back to Kandi, and she was having fun talking shit about someone she recently got into it with......over her defense of Phaedra, over the anger management thing.  And Porsha also said that she didn't realize that Sheree would spill the beans about the conversation, so she didn't know that Kandi would find out she said it.

Since the nature of the conversation was about being a freak in the bedroom, that shade about Kandi being a lesbian was appropriate to her.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, RealReality said:

Yes, to me it seems emotional when a person seems to go out of their way to avoid the most obvious and logical conclusion that can be drawn.

Trying to find an alternate meaning for Porsha saying she made a shady comment when she talked about Kandi "coming out of the closet" seems to avoid the most obvious and logical conclusion a person would draw.  So, if something isn't logical....well, then it probably based in emotion.

You first said that Porsha was somehow talking about a literal, hypothetical closet when she made the comment.  Which doesn't make sense to me because why would you use that particular phrase if you weren't, at the very least using it as a double entendre?  Why that particular phrase, which has another very well known meaning?  Is the idea that Porsha just stumbled onto a well known phrase for revealing sexuality during a conversation about Kandi's proclivity for being a freak in the bedroom? Because Porsha doesn't do words so well? 

And how would that really even be appropriate for the shady conversation that they were having about Kandi being freaky in the bedroom.  person a says "so and so is a crazy sex freak, they are probably watching people sexing from their closet," person b essentially says "maybe so and so should literally step out of this hypothetical, but literal closet."  In a conversation where people are throwing shade about someone's sexuality and being a freak in the sheets, does that even make sense?   Because it doesn't to me.

Is the idea that, in a conversation where Porsha is kiki'ing with her friend who is throwing shade about Kandi being freaky in the bedroom, that Porsha wasn't throwing shade about Kandi's sexuality with that comment?  Especially given the fact that she and Kandi have already been at each others throats and she didn't realize she was talking to someone who was going to share the conversation.  In light of all of that, the idea that it isn't that shade throwing isn't the most logical conclusion to draw is odd to me  .Or that trying to maintain that throwing shade isn't the most logical conclusion to draw?   To me, there is far more clear evidence to back the conclusion that she was throwing shade about Kandi being a lesbian with the comment, and almost none to back the conclusion that she wasn't throwing shade because she is stupid.  Porsha knows damn well how to throw shade and we've seen evidence of that in the past.

And then, when its pointed out that Porsha admitted that she was being shady, the counter is that maybe it wasn't that shade she was talking about when that specific incident was being discussed at the table.

This comment here, is what I was referring to when I said that people will ascribe other meanings  to a situation with a plain meaning.  Like "well did she mean she was shady with that comment, when she said that her comment was shady?  Could she have been talking about another comment?"  Umm, not really when she admitted it was a shady comment at the dinner table when being pressed about it....and in her TH later when discussing it.

As for why Porsha would say that?  She didn't think it would get back to Kandi, and she was having fun talking shit about someone she recently got into it with......over her defense of Phaedra, over the anger management thing.  And Porsha also said that she didn't realize that Sheree would spill the beans about the conversation, so she didn't know that Kandi would find out she said it.

Since the nature of the conversation was about being a freak in the bedroom, that shade about Kandi being a lesbian was appropriate to her.

"Most obvious and logical conclusion"? On a producer-driven, semi-scripted, heavily edited, sweeps week Housewives show?? LOL I can't tell if you are serious or joking? Girl, bye! It's called entertainment :-P

Edited by balisticnikki
22 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

"Most obvious and logical conclusion"? On a producer-driven, semi-scripted, heavily edited, sweeps week Housewives show?? LOL I can't tell if you are serious or joking? Girl, bye! It's called entertainment :-P

Yes, however its still called a reality show.  The fact that you're meant to be entertained has nothing to do with making up a fantasy story about how Porsha didn't mean to throw shade about Kandi's sexuality based on absolutely nothing at all but the fact that Porsha is a nitwit.  Or saying that she must have been talking about some other shade when she was addressed about the specific thing she said.

I mean, whats next, Porsha was edited into making the comment? It was a Porsha body double who said it?  Porsha was possessed?  They edited the conversation at the table where Porsha admitted that she was being shady? LOL.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, RealReality said:

Yes, however its still called a reality show.  The fact that you're meant to be entertained has nothing to do with making up a fantasy story about how Porsha didn't mean to throw shade about Kandi's sexuality based on absolutely nothing at all but the fact that Porsha is a nitwit.  Or saying that she must have been talking about some other shade when she was addressed about the specific thing she said.

I mean, whats next, Porsha was edited into making the comment? It was a Porsha body double who said it?  Porsha was possessed?  They edited the conversation at the table where Porsha admitted that she was being shady? LOL.

Seems no one wants to discuss Porsha losing her freakin' mind back in ATL with Kandi when they had their last meet! Funny, Kandi should be rather thin; the last 4 engagements at restaurants have resulted in someone storming out with little more than a glass of water on the table! Porsha was busted and she must have studied all that BS she was throwing out about Kandi; a sex dungeon, a 7 year relationship with a girl, and Todd stepping out in NY calling himself Marvin! I hope someone snatches that fake hair off her sometime soon with that type of juvenile, mean girl tactic of slinging mud to cover herself! It's so pathetic! I would be DONE with that b!tch; unable to even be civil! That was dirty! ;-)

Edited by Jamie Satyr
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Jamie Satyr said:

Seems no one wants to discuss Porsha losing her freakin' mind back in ATL with Kandi when they had their last meet! Funny, Kandi should be rather thin; the last 4 engagements at restaurants have resulted in someone storming out with little more than a glass of water on the table! Porsha was busted and she must have studied all that BS she was throwing out about Kandi; a sex dungeon, a 7 year relationship with a girl, and Todd stepping out in NY calling himself Marvin! I hope someone snatches that fake hair off her sometime soon with that type of juvenile, mean girl tactic of slinging mud to cover herself! It's so pathetic! I would be DONE with that b!tch; unable to even be civil! That was dirty! ;-)

Exactly! what happened to Porsha, she was always likable to me and sympathetic.  She was always ditzy, perceptive about people and harmless. She has become unrecognizable.   Her hatred of Kandi is so over the top. I feel that we are missing something. I still maintain that the show has a homophobic vibe to it that is so off-putting.  Andy should check these women about it. Especially, since it is a Gay man that signs their nice checks.   Reality TV does more harm than good in the long run. I still remember Heather B of the real world saying that if you give the producers footage of you being a bitch, then they will use it, for their own gain. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

What a shit show that was.  I cannot believe this is what Atlanta has turned in to.  Kandi and Porsha can both have seats -- such disgusting language at a public restaurant.  

I do like seeing Phaedra and Porsha together.

Cynthia looks so big/tall in her TH's.

Kandi taking her own car back to the city, then holding court with her minions to discuss what happened, and again with that filthy mouth......girl please!

• Love 5

I've come to enjoy Marlo. I used to really, really dislike her bc I heard she disfigured a girl back in the day, but then I realized that, from the story I read about the incident, it's likely Marlo was operating on the defensive (didn't start the fight). She's one of those ladies that's cool as hell and lives and lets live...so long as you don't act rude or dismissive towards her, you can tell that's her trigger. Otherwise, she may stir the pot a little to get some airtime, but she won't come after you. 

But when you cross her and she goes after you, she hits hard. And she's perceptive. Telling Kenya she can't even keep a broke man lol..that was brilliant. Although I think the comment about Kenya's mother was too much, that was just disturbing. I do see why she was angry and hurt by Kenya, though. I'd be pissed off, too. 

It's funny, though, when Phaedra cut in to the whole Kenya-Marlo exchange and indirectly scolded Kenya for calling Marlo a prostitute, I noticed Kenya backed down and listened to her. I think - and have thought so for a while - that Kenya regrets having ever messed w/Phaedra bc she realized too late that Phaedra is not one to be messed with. I think, in a way, Kenya respected that. So now, I think Kenya now tries her best to be on and stay on Phaedra's good side. Because I notice that of all the Housewives, it seems like Phaedra is the only one she'll really listen to or tone it down for, when asked.

On another note, have you ever wondered why, season after season, Bravo continues to feature Marlo as a friend of the HW's, but has yet to make her a full time cast member? Personally, I suspect it has to do with what she does for a living (she's an "escort"). 

I know Porsha's been messy as hell this season, but honestly, I think she's probably one of the sweetest, least-shady ones of the bunch. Notice she never starts it w/anyone? Like she'll be cordial w/you even if she doesn't like you, unless you start with her. Like of all the girls, she's the one whose motives I would question the least if she was being nice to me. Kandi, too, actually - it's funny the 2 are going at it w/each other because I feel like neither of of them are naturally shady people. 

Kandi is a lot more credible, though, because she's not as messy. I wouldn't put it past Porsha to make things up when caught in a lie or called out on something she wants to keep private (which I suspect is exactly what happened when Kandi called her out, bc she comes from a religious family and has done some preaching in church, including telling people to "pray for the drug dealer on the street, pray for homosexuals", etc.)

Whereas Kandi doesn't seem to really have any shame - she's pretty open. I can't see her making shit up about people or lying about something to cover up what she does behind closed doors. 

• Love 5

On another note, have you ever wondered why, season after season, Bravo continues to feature Marlo as a friend of the HW's, but has yet to make her a full time cast member? Personally, I suspect it has to do with what she does for a living

I think it's because he can bring her on for a few episodes, have her bring up some drama/stir the pot/start some shit that will carry on for episodes, and not have to pay her for a full season. And being as thirsty as she is, she'll take whatever crumbs Andy throws her way just to get some exposure.

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

I think it's because he can bring her on for a few episodes, have her bring up some drama/stir the pot/start some shit that will carry on for episodes, and not have to pay her for a full season. And being as thirsty as she is, she'll take whatever crumbs Andy throws her way just to get some exposure.

Yeah but she's got that kind of "ratings gold" personality, if you know what I mean. She'd be worth it. 

But then again, the RHOA franchise has and has always had a shitload of those "ratings gold" personalities. Especially Nene, Kim and Kenya. 

But Kenya and Marlo are on a whole other level, IMO - they have a special kind of ratings-machine persona. Kenya is what I would call the Empress of Chaos, as is Marlo. When you've got people like them in front of your camera, you can just sit back, relax and know they will deliver. You don't even have to direct them or encourage them, they'll just naturally do it. And that, my friend, is the definition of reality TV gold. 

Edited by SheTalksShit

Someone on another thread did post something about Andy was asking Nene if she thought Marlo deserved a peach. Nene's reply was very telling, she basically answered if Andy wanted Marlo to have a peach by now, he would have already given it to her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, AndySmith said:

Marlo's lucky to even be brought in as a "friend" after signifying a few years ago throwing out "fa##ot" this and that in Africa concerning Sheree's dinner party invite! I wish someone would just bring some damn stranger to my home for an intimate dinner with guests chosen for a reason! Marlo can't be bothered with anyone else but her own doings! No one's more self-absorbed it seems! Someone needs to burst that sheer bubble of "fabulousness!" ;-)

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Corrected spelling

On another note, I really don't understand Kandi's anger towards Phaedra. I can see how Phaedra telling people how Kandi hasn't been there for her and making her look like a bad friend would be irritating, especially when you know (because she told you in confidence) that she had already started seeing someone ne else by the time Apollo left to go to prison. But I don't feel like that, alone, warrants THAT LEVEL of anger at someone where you're still so pissed about it that you've been unable to rekindle your friendship, 3 years later. I suspect that the real reason is that Todd has a deep dislike for Phaedra because they fell out over the workout DVD and she made him look like a conman or shady businessman on national TV, which Kandi and Todd likely felt put fuel to the fire of Mama Joyce's constant assertions and suspicions that Todd was a conman and a user. Kandi had finally found a man she was happy with and married to, she wasn't about to let this mess ruin that for her. So she got pissed and still has some deep anger and resentment towards Phaedra for that. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

On another note, I really don't understand Kandi's anger towards Phaedra. I can see how Phaedra telling people how Kandi hasn't been there for her and making her look like a bad friend would be irritating, especially when you know (because she told you in confidence) that she had already started seeing someone ne else by the time Apollo left to go to prison. But I don't feel like that, alone, warrants THAT LEVEL of anger at someone where you're still so pissed about it that you've been unable to rekindle your friendship, 3 years later. I suspect that the real reason is that Todd has a deep dislike for Phaedra because they fell out over the workout DVD and she made him look like a conman or shady businessman on national TV, which Kandi and Todd likely felt put fuel to the fire of Mama Joyce's constant assertions and suspicions that Todd was a conman and a user. Kandi had finally found a man she was happy with and married to, she wasn't about to let this mess ruin that for her. So she got pissed and still has some deep anger and resentment towards Phaedra for that. 

We don't get to see and hear it all! Just like Phaedra steppin' out; really glossed over and spoken of only a handful of times! Phaedra's flappin' mouth alone in those "talking heads" would be enough for me to be at odds with her! She has so much $#!t to say behind people's back, but when called on it; "clutch the pearls!" She likes to keep it genteel and southern when it suits her! All that talk about her mother is probably what really set Kandi off! You know Joyce can do no wrong and if you come for her; BEWARE! Like was said a few weeks ago, Kandi's been letting those "slights" about Joyce and Todd slide for a while until this season when she's "gone off!" I've been saying "she's taking no prisoners" and been quite entertaining! There's nothing like justice after being wronged and Phaedra's like that; "she's just been plain wrong!" You can't talk like that indefinitely before it blows up in your face and it's gonna happen at the reunion! Kandi will be going for the throat of Phaedra and Porsha talking all this $#!t about Shamea, Joyce, Todd, & the "Kandi Koated Klick!" lol! ;-)

• Love 3

Does anyone find it odd that the timing of the opening, real opening to the public, of the OLG restaurant is happening when Kandi is suddenly the "victim" of all this nasty talk/gossip? Her fan base is growing by leaps and bounds this season and for the first time, in 8 seasons, she is the major focus for most of the season. LOL

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Jamie Satyr said:

We don't get to see and hear it all! Just like Phaedra steppin' out; really glossed over and spoken of only a handful of times! Phaedra's flappin' mouth alone in those "talking heads" would be enough for me to be at odds with her! She has so much $#!t to say behind people's back, but when called on it; "clutch the pearls!" She likes to keep it genteel and southern when it suits her! All that talk about her mother is probably what really set Kandi off! You know Joyce can do no wrong and if you come for her; BEWARE! Like was said a few weeks ago, Kandi's been letting those "slights" about Joyce and Todd slide for a while until this season when she's "gone off!" I've been saying "she's taking no prisoners" and been quite entertaining! There's nothing like justice after being wronged and Phaedra's like that; "she's just been plain wrong!" You can't talk like that indefinitely before it blows up in your face and it's gonna happen at the reunion! Kandi will be going for the throat of Phaedra and Porsha talking all this $#!t about Shamea, Joyce, Todd, & the "Kandi Koated Klick!" lol! ;-)

When did Phaedra talks hit about Mama Joyce, besides that one jab she made in the confessional this year? 

On 2/21/2017 at 1:35 AM, WireWrap said:

Actually, all Marlo did was ask Kandi if she is a lesbian. She didn't give any reason other than someone in the group said to/told Sheree she was. It was Sheree that said it was Porsha, the "closet" comment, and  Sheree failed to mention Phaedra's comment at all. I want to know why Sheree decided to expose only Porsha and not Phaedra.

I think part of it may have been that, according to Phaedra, the women didn't realize the Shamea conversation was being filmed and would make it to air. I don't believe most of what Phaedra says, but I do believe her on this one because, if you re-watch the scene, she is speaking very quietly and discreetly, and not with her usual mugging for the camera.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I think part of it may have been that, according to Phaedra, the women didn't realize the Shamea conversation was being filmed and would make it to air. I don't believe most of what Phaedra says, but I do believe her on this one because, if you re-watch the scene, she is speaking very quietly and discreetly, and not with her usual mugging for the camera.

Agreed, it looks to me like they weren't deliberately trying to put this out there. 

8 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

Agreed, it looks to me like they weren't deliberately trying to put this out there. 

But it did get out there and Phaedra's going to have a lot of explaining to do come the reunion! She better hope Andy doesn't bring Shamea out for a segment on the couch! ;-)

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Where the hell is Brandon? I find it curious he hasn't popped up or been mentioned once.

I find it curious and a relief! That guy was just so extra. His and Kenya's piano/twerking routine was the most desperate thing this side of Lisa Rinna's Erika Jayne impersonation.

• Love 3
On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 9:22 PM, Sheenieb said:

Lord forgive me, but Riley's singing session was so unfortunate that it made my dog bark.

Kandi needs to stop trying to make Riley happen musically.  Even with the auto tune she sounded really bad.  If Kim Zolciak's auto tuned voice sounds better than your auto tuned voice, child, you can't sing!  But, giving her some credit, maybe it was because the song was bad.  Kandi's songwriting abilities seem to be ebbing a bit.  I didn't like that song at all.

I don't even want to get into the Kandi, Porsha, Phaedra, Sheree she said/she said bullshit.  To me it just seems that they are all trying to put stuff out into the universe about each other in front of the cameras.  They can say anything so how are we to know what's true or not?  It's all so friggin petty to me.  Grown women with any kind of class don't behave that way.  I'm bored with it to tell you the truth.  I'm getting real close to deleting them off my viewing list.  Bring on Potomac!

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Jamie Satyr said:

But it did get out there and Phaedra's going to have a lot of explaining to do come the reunion! She better hope Andy doesn't bring Shamea out for a segment on the couch! ;-)

Agreed, it'll be interesting to see how Phaedra responds to this! b/c Phaedra is very calculating, she's generally very deliberate and careful about what she says on camera, so up until now, she's always been prepared to answer for what she said. This time, she slipped up. 

• Love 3

And I see Phaedra's read up on the big head/little head/IQ theory (judging by what she said about Portia). LOL. Wonder if there's any truth to that. 

I'm not saying any of these RHOA ladies are dumb, but I can tell Phaedra and Kenya are particularly smart. And Kandi (she's just not as cunning or calculating as they are). I'd be willing to bet all 3 have above-average IQ's. 

• Love 1
On 2/25/2017 at 4:14 PM, WireWrap said:

Does anyone find it odd that the timing of the opening, real opening to the public, of the OLG restaurant is happening when Kandi is suddenly the "victim" of all this nasty talk/gossip? Her fan base is growing by leaps and bounds this season and for the first time, in 8 seasons, she is the major focus for most of the season. LOL

Except even now the OLG Restaurant STILL isn't up and running, according to Atlanta bloggers.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Aging Goth said:

Except even now the OLG Restaurant STILL isn't up and running, according to Atlanta bloggers.

Which makes me wonder if they are trying to time the real opening to this season OR did Kandi/Todd do this as a tax write off? LOL

• Love 4
On 2/21/2017 at 7:35 PM, WordsWordsWords said:

One more thing: I feel for Riley. She doesn't have a voice, Kandi. Don't force her to sing in public. Just don't. She will not thank you for it.

Not to mention making her sing about her non existent relationship about her dad for fux sake!  

This show lost me this year.  The storylines are so fake, so awful.  They need to scrap the cast, although I do still enjoy Phaedra.  The rest can go. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, halkatla said:

Kandi is a lesbian. And she´d have a sex dungeon if Mama Joice was okay with it.

That was rought, seeing Porsha of all people bury Kandi!

I think Porsha's a goner after that scene in Maui! No one's going to take her seriously after making up obvious lies; most already said it to her "you lying b!tch!" ;-)

4 minutes ago, halkatla said:

Kandi admitted it, she and her husband have "experiences" with women. I guess it´s called being bi.

Being bi isn't the same as being a lesbian.

The only thing porsha buried was her last shred of self respect.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Being bi isn't the same as being a lesbian.

The only thing porsha buried was her last shred of self respect.

What respect would that be she's holding onto? Porsha's been a dumb, gossiping $#!t stirrer since the beginning! She should have had the friend cut/role rather than being a HW! ;-)

• Love 2

I think their all full of shit.? They all talk behind each other's back and insert themselves when they should be worrying about their own affairs.

Just my 2 cents.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Yolo said:

I think their all full of shit.? They all talk behind each other's back and insert themselves when they should be worrying about their own affairs.

Just my 2 cents.

Kandi's affluence gave her a chance to remain above the fray! It didn't last, allowing Porsha and Phaedra to bring her down to their level! So far Cynthia's been the only one not to be dragged into the gutter, but associating with this riff raff, it might be only a matter of time! That lesbian conversation in front of her daughter was not amusing in the least! ;-(

Edited by Jamie Satyr
Punctuation correction
  • Love 3

Of course it doesn´t matter at all if Kandi is bi, straight, lesbian or whatever else she can think of. The only thing that does matter is that she is a nasty and horrible copy of her mama. It´s such a shame. I really used to like her before that change happened (right around the time she treated her mil like s**t and allowed MJ to crap all over that poor woman too). Being so furiously Team Appollo is also among the worst things I´ve ever seen anyone do to a "friend" on any reality tv show. No matter what Porsha or Kenya get up to it´s just not in the same evilness league. Oh and using her daughters daddy problems for a ridiculous storyline that is tmi and embarrasses said daughter is also on the list of crazy stuff Kandi seems to get away with.

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 1