Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: Loose Lips Sink Ships

• Start Topic

Well, hate to say it....but I'm pulling this off my  regular recordings and bidding adieu to this part of the franchise.  I found the whole thing finally   descended way, way too deep, deep into the gutter.  All of the Housewife shows lower the bar when it comes to indulging demeaning behavior and conduct.  But  this went to new lows....and especially considering it involves the family of a treasured  civil rights leader and women who in every other way,  would be considered phenomenally successful and brilliant role models.  Just can't watch anymore. 

I always respected RHOA women because even if these women had their issues with each other, they always exhibited certain amount of class. Now they have sunk to an all time low for me. This could really hurt their careers in the long run, they need to be careful, this show caused Todd to lose his job Washington D.C. There is just no need for this..

• Love 3
  8 hours ago, RealReality said:

I swear to you, I think she could get a hosting gig on some daytime talk show.  I wonder why it hasn't happened already.  As much as I don't like Porsha, I can admit that she is good on Dish Nation, and its the same personality for someone on daytime talk.

I wonder if she hasn't been asked to do a fill in hosting gig because of her physical altercations?

But if thats the case, then she has to be EXTRA careful not to go off on someone, or else she will lose any hope of getting that sort of position.

Seeing her just on HW, I wouldn't have agreed with you but after her stint on the Celebrity Apprentice, I could totally see that line of work for her. She would fit right in with one of those entertainment style talk show panels when she's not the hyped up HW Porsha. The funny thing is that the tamer Porsha I saw on Celebrity Apprentice is the type of personality that I thought could have replaced Tamar Braxton from The Real. But apparently I read that she was fired because a focus group thought she was too 'ghetto' and didn't think she was a good fit for the rest of the panel. But Porsha knows how to dial it down. She was a picture of respect and non-confrontation on Celebrity Apprentice, lol. So I would say that physical altercations and over the top arguments and shade that she's throwing on TV is probably not the best type of audition for her. I think her best bet would have to be to cut ties with reality TV and refocus her image a bit.

Well Porsha ain't dialing it down enough for me. you re right I think it's time to recast anyway...

• Love 4

So is Phaedra divorced? I thought there was some talk last week that the divorce was not finalized yet, but I could be getting confused.

That whole Cynthia vaginal rejuvenation scene was not something I needed to see. So Kenya scheduled this for Cynthia without her knowing and Cynthia shows up and is like okay let's do this! The show needs to be less obvious about scripted scenes.

I am on Team Kandi, mainly because I think she would have owned up to a seven year relationship with a woman or a sex dungeon. Neither accusation is that big of a deal. Kandi is pretty open about that stuff.  The only thing Kandi might want to keep quiet about is the possibility of Todd cheating if she knows about it (if it is in fact true). I honestly do not know how Kandi would react to Todd having an affair.

Porsha if you are getting your information on the same streets Mama Joyce does than it probably is false. Mama Joyce is another one who makes up rumors and throws them out there.

Riley seems so shy and awkward in front of the cameras. I do not really have an opinion one way or another on her pursuing a singing career. I do not really care. I give her props for trying to sing on camera, because at her age I would be so nervous. I would do worse because I would be so nervous.

The one thing I am glad is that the Kenya/Matt drama might be over. Well, at least on camera.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

Exactly!  She also has a more introverted personality, which at her age can be a struggle.  She may be a great performer/singer down the road, but no need to throw her in front of the cameras yet.

Kandi has told us , every opportunity is a chance to make  money..

• Love 3

I am never going to understand these women...you really need an audience for an appointment with your plastic surgeon about getting a redo on your breast augmentation and a (not asked for) vaginal rejuvenation? So it's okay to look but not touch? LOL.  I am sure I would not be invited in to the exam room for any of my friends and nor would I want to be in there.

I call BS on Phaedra's story about how it did not go well when she told Apollo that the divorce is final, obviously he moved on a while ago since he has a fiancé.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, byrd said:

I always respected RHOA women because even if these women had their issues with each other, they always exhibited certain amount of class. Now they have sunk to an all time low for me. This could really hurt their careers in the long run, they need to be careful, this show caused Todd to lose his job Washington D.C. There is just no need for this..

...They did? 

The first conflict scene of the series was Nene not being on the list of Sheree's party, thus leading to her being embarrassed in front of her peers. And then lest we forget Kim's Big Poppa.

Oh! And, the wig shift

What kind of class were they exhibiting?

Edited by cyberfruit
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

No, she hasn't claimed she was innocent. LOL I think her natural sexuality is one of the reasons their marriage ended, she tried to fit into his idea of what a wife she be/act like and couldn't do it.

None of these women want their past private histories revealed on the show by the others, not just Porsha. They want to tell bits and pieces themselves but do not want the others doing it. I am not surprised by that either because most times when something from the past is revealed it is done to hurt/humiliate them. Sharing the info yourself is one thing, having another HW do it usually means they are digging for dirt.

I don't know, she seems okay with the idea that she dated block, but not okay with the idea that she slept with block.  Which is strange, and makes me naturally inclined to think there is something to what kandi is saying.  You had sex with a dude, so what?  But if there was a situation with multiple partners, and porsha (given her upbringing) didn't think it was okay....i could see where she might not even want to admit to having sex with block under the circumstances that kandi describes.

When porsha was upset about it kandi seemed surprised, because if you dated the guy you likely slept with him unless you were kids.  

Strangely the whole thing reminds me of Phaedra.  

6 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I call BS on Phaedra's story about how it did not go well when she told Apollo that the divorce is final, obviously he moved on a while ago since he has a fiancé.

It all feels a little like a storyline set up.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, cyberfruit said:

...They did? 

The first conflict scene of the series was Nene not being on the list of Sheree's party, thus leading to her being embarrassed in front of her peers. And then lest we forget Kim's Big Poppa. Oh! And, the wig shift. 

2 minutes ago, cyberfruit said:

...They did? 

The first conflict scene of the series was Nene not being on the list of Sheree's party, thus leading to her being embarrassed in front of her peers. And then lest we forget Kim's Big Poppa. Oh! And, the wig shift. 

Lol ! Yes I remember all of that , but I have never seen them get this low before..

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

No, she hasn't claimed she was innocent. LOL I think her natural sexuality is one of the reasons their marriage ended, she tried to fit into his idea of what a wife she be/act like and couldn't do it.

None of these women want their past private histories revealed on the show by the others, not just Porsha. They want to tell bits and pieces themselves but do not want the others doing it. I am not surprised by that either because most times when something from the past is revealed it is done to hurt/humiliate them. Sharing the info yourself is one thing, having another HW do it usually means they are digging for dirt.

I am concerned for Riley and all of the other kids that will one day see or hear about their parents going to the gutter on television. 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, byrd said:

Kandi has told us , every opportunity is a chance to make  money..

I know, but I am truly surprised that kandi let them film and air that footage of Riley, because that was just bad.  I don't know why she would want to subject her daughter to the ridicule that would come of it.  And it does not make me want to go straight to iTunes and buy it.

• Love 7

I've been holding off asking this, but maybe someone knows the answer. Is there an physical issue with Riley's lip/mouth/jaw area? I noticed it years ago and thought it was 'little girl shy-cuteness", but now that she is older, it's still there. She is seen now more on camera - ie the singing last night. It's like when she speaks, her lips aren't moving as much as they should...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't know, she seems okay with the idea that she dated block, but not okay with the idea that she slept with block.  Which is strange, and makes me naturally inclined to think there is something to what kandi is saying.  You had sex with a dude, so what?  But if there was a situation with multiple partners, and porsha (given her upbringing) didn't think it was okay....i could see where she might not even want to admit to having sex with block under the circumstances that kandi describes.

When porsha was upset about it kandi seemed surprised, because if you dated the guy you likely slept with him unless you were kids.  

I guess it is the who she had "sex" with. It isn't anyone else's business to expose, none of them like that, not just Porsha.

And Yes, I agree, this whole storyline feels staged/scripted to me. When I watched Porsha's/Kandi's faces during their lunch battle, there were times both had a difficult time keeping themselves from laughing, it all felt fake to me. And since when did Sheree need someone else, Marlo, to reveal dirt/gossip to the others? She relishes doing that to them! LOL

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

That whole Cynthia vaginal rejuvenation scene was not something I needed to see. So Kenya scheduled this for Cynthia without her knowing and Cynthia shows up and is like okay let's do this! The show needs to be less obvious about scripted scenes.

What is happening with Cynthia? First she has everybody go to the boobie doctor, shows us and her "friends" everything but her nipples, why? because she needs her peers and Dr. to give her a unanimous decision that she doesn't need to re-do those puppies, then this! I would have told Kenya to mind her own damn business. It doesn't look like Kenya's tightened va jay jay is doing her any good.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I know, but I am truly surprised that kandi let them film and air that footage of Riley, because that was just bad.  I don't know why she would want to subject her daughter to the ridicule that would come of it.  And it does not make me want to go straight to iTunes and buy it.

Kandi has been tweeting/pushing viewers to buy the song, she really is all about the money. Sadly, even at the expense of her daughter.

4 minutes ago, sATL said:

I've been holding off asking this, but maybe someone knows the answer. Is there an physical issue with Riley's lip/mouth/jaw area? I noticed it years ago and thought it was 'little girl shy-cuteness", but now that she is older, it's still there. She is seen now more on camera - like the singing last night. It's like when she speaks, her lips aren't moving as much as they should...

I think Riley mumbles most of the time which is why her mouth/lips move very little when she talks or sings. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, WireWrap said:

I guess it is the who she had "sex" with. It isn't anyone else's business to expose, none of them like that, not just Porsha.

And Yes, I agree, this whole storyline feels staged/scripted to me. When I watched Porsha's/Kandi's faces during their lunch battle, there were times both had a difficult time keeping themselves from laughing, it all felt fake to me. And since when did Sheree need someone else, Marlo, to reveal dirt/gossip to the others? She relishes doing that to them! LOL

I'm not sure that the P/K storyline is scripted, but Porsha's boyfriend storyline is starting to feel a little staged.  That guy never quite struck me as a lobbyist, and I don't think any lobbyist would agree to be on this show in that capacity.  Unless he was a lobbyist for a really small organization, but if he is saying his boss is a Trump supporter, its probably not that small a concern.  And lobbyists make quite a bit of money, I can't see him not even asking anyone if being on a reality show was a good idea before risking his job for it.

I don't even think Kandi exposed Porsha and Block having sex.  IIRC Kandi only said that they had dated/kicked it, and then someone else at the table was like "you had sex with Kandi's ex?" and after that Kandi was like "hey, I only said you two dated, but of course you had sex."  

The "who" would be important if it could link Porsha back to behavior she thinks would embarrass her.   Which, it sounds like sex with Block could do.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, RealReality said:

And having Cynthia's daughter sitting in the middle of an "adult" conversion about Cynthia's past experiences.  Who has their child sitting with them on the sofa during that kind of girl talk ?

As much as RHOA reruns, one day those teenage girls (or heaven forbid their school/college mates)  might not be too happy about how they were portrayed on the show. Show them doing teenage stuff - like going to the prom, concert, etc

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

What is happening with Cynthia? First she has everybody go to the boobie doctor, shows us and her "friends" everything but her nipples, why? because she needs her peers and Dr. to give her a unanimous decision that she doesn't need to re-do those puppies, then this! I would have told Kenya to mind her own damn business. It doesn't look like Kenya's tightened va jay jay is doing her any good.

Unpopular opinion, but I was fairly interested in the vaginal rejuvenation.  I had heard of it, but I didn't really know the benefits, or the process.  For some reason I was under the impression that needles were used and thats a 10-no in my book.

I would have never looked it up on my own, so it was cool to learn about it even though I didn't mean to.

However, if a friend randomly made me an appointment for one I might be a little put off....ESPECIALLY if they wanted to be in the room with me.  But of course, I think all of this is a way to get some free advertising.

7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Kandi has been tweeting/pushing viewers to buy the song, she really is all about the money. Sadly, even at the expense of her daughter.

Oh no.....oh, I wish she wouldn't.  She needs to let that fade away.  Honestly, the song wasn't really that good even if Riley WAS a good singer.

• Love 4
  32 minutes ago, RealReality said:

And having Cynthia's daughter sitting in the middle of an "adult" conversion about Cynthia's past experiences.  Who has their child sitting with them on the sofa during that kind of girl talk ?

As much as RHOA reruns, one day those teenage girls (or heaven forbid their school/college mates)  might not be too happy about how they were portrayed on the show. Show them doing teenage stuff - like going to the prom, concert, etc

No that conversation with Cynthia and Noelle sitting there made me uncomfortable, even Noelle was ashamed.

• Love 6
  48 minutes ago, RealReality said:

If that was a scripted story/line.. then they really need to take a step back and regroup, if things are so bad they have to go to the gutter for a storyline then it's time to get off the show.

2 hours ago, byrd said:

...They did? 

The first conflict scene of the series was Nene not being on the list of Sheree's party, thus leading to her being embarrassed in front of her peers. And then lest we forget Kim's Big Poppa.

Oh! And, the wig shift

I don't think I've ever seen them go this low before ? This is different from the "'wig Pull " and the other drama that occurred in past season, this has a different flavor to me.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, byrd said:

I don't think I've ever seen them go this low before ? This is different from the "'wig Pull " and the other drama that occurred in past season, this has a different flavor to me.

Agree. I think RHOA needs to take a break - longer than the regular off-season period -  come back when there is really something to talk about.  I read somewhere that RHOA was kinda like the "cash cow" of the RHO* series. So I guess that is why they are showing almost anything. Who really gives a damn who slept with whom 15+ years ago.

Seeing  Chateau Sheeree' finished, kinda brings the show full circle. Kandi now has her marriage and new baby, and eventually the OLG restaurant will open (link). Phadera has her law and mortuary practices along with being divorced with two kids. Cynthia is now divorced and her talking about modeling and her body  upgrades is getting boring. Kenya and Porsha are just too exhausting to watch/listen to all of the time. Even Mama Joyce and the OLG have cooled their jets - a little, this season.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Really. Desperate for a storyline, or mid-life crisis?? I'd rather see Cynthia decorating the new house or working with girls at her modeling school - anything but breast show-n-tell and fake vag treatments.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, byrd said:

No that conversation with Cynthia and Noelle sitting there made me uncomfortable, even Noelle was ashamed.

What Noelle got to hear is sexual experimenting doesn't label you for life.  I think Noelle would be just as uncomfortable if her mother was talking about being labeled the "head doctor" like Phaedra.  I thought it incredibly brave of Cynthia to just own up to her earlier years.  No one can blackmail her about it s she voluntarily owned it.

No one should be made to feel ashamed about their sex life.   

• Love 4

holy cow this show desperately needs younger women with something going on. I don't give a fig about Porsha, Kandi or who they sleep with. 

Someone has said this about every iteration and now I finally see it...these shows can't last if there's no friendship at the core of the women's relationship.

The story of Phaedra having to tell Apollo or him not being notified is just made up for the cameras. I could see Phaedra calculate the value of the storyline as she was lying to Porsha. I do think that he would refuse to sign the papers to try to get more money. Also wouldn't be surprised at there being residual mess, but the marriage as such is dissolved.

50 minutes ago, sATL said:

Agree. I think RHOA needs to take a break - longer than the regular off-season period -  come back when there is really something to talk about.  I read somewhere that RHOA was kinda like the "cash cow" of the RHO* series. So I guess that is why they are showing almost anything. Who really gives a damn who slept with whom 15+ years ago.

Seeing  Chateau Sheeree' finished, kinda brings the show full circle. Kandi now has her marriage and new baby, and eventually the OLG restaurant will open (link). Phadera has her law and mortuary practices along with being divorced with two kids. Cynthia is now divorced and her talking about modeling and her body  upgrades is getting boring. Kenya and Porsha are just too exhausting to watch/listen to all of the time. Even Mama Joyce and the OLG have cooled their jets - a little, this season.

Thank you !

1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I'm not sure that the P/K storyline is scripted, but Porsha's boyfriend storyline is starting to feel a little staged.  That guy never quite struck me as a lobbyist, and I don't think any lobbyist would agree to be on this show in that capacity.  Unless he was a lobbyist for a really small organization, but if he is saying his boss is a Trump supporter, its probably not that small a concern.  And lobbyists make quite a bit of money, I can't see him not even asking anyone if being on a reality show was a good idea before risking his job for it.

I don't even think Kandi exposed Porsha and Block having sex.  IIRC Kandi only said that they had dated/kicked it, and then someone else at the table was like "you had sex with Kandi's ex?" and after that Kandi was like "hey, I only said you two dated, but of course you had sex."  

The "who" would be important if it could link Porsha back to behavior she thinks would embarrass her.   Which, it sounds like sex with Block could do.

I am sure there is some truth behind this fight between Porsha/Kandi but I still think most of this is fake, either that or we are missing crucial part to it. I just don't see Porsha turning against Kandi for no reason or only to defend Phaedra and visa versa.

I don't think he was the lobbyist but that he worked for one.

Sheree told Porsha that Kandi told her about it, then Sheree back peddled when Kandi denied saying it when the 3 of them sat and talked but by then Porsha had already made the "closet" comment. Do I think she told her, No, but I do think she alluded to it and Sheree did what she does best, she ran with it/embellished it.

47 minutes ago, sATL said:

Neither Cynthia or Phaedra are divorced at this time though, months after both said the divorce was final (Phaedra) or almost final (Cynthia). LOL

3 hours ago, byrd said:

Well Porsha ain't dialing it down enough for me. you re right I think it's time to recast anyway...

Also I am not exactly sure how much damage has already been done. I know just about anything goes these days, but there are still certain companies and sponsors that do not wish to support kind of drama.  If they ever intend to pursue a different career.  Quote:  if you have a dream, you have to protect it....

Edited by byrd
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

What Noelle got to hear is sexual experimenting doesn't label you for life.  I think Noelle would be just as uncomfortable if her mother was talking about being labeled the "head doctor" like Phaedra.  I thought it incredibly brave of Cynthia to just own up to her earlier years.  No one can blackmail her about it s she voluntarily owned it.

37 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Agreed, I just think maybe if this wasn't being filmed  it would not have affected me in that way . I am sure this is not the first time Noelle has heard this from her mother, Cynthia is very open with her. I just think that particular conversation at that time seemed inappropriate.  (here I go clutching my pearls again )

• Love 4

Well at least now we know why Block was brought onto the show.

Kandi ain't shit. Anything for a dollar.

I got on Kenya about that stunt with her mother but at least her mother was a grown ass woman with the power not to answer the door. Riley is a CHILD. I'm just so freaking disgusted by that whole storyline AND that shitty song. Ugh.

Cynthia, just yuck. 

The Kandi and Porsha foolishness is so tasteless. I think there's truth and lies in both sides but this story should have never seen the light of day. 

I'm so over this show.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

Well at least now we know why Block was brought onto the show.

Kandi ain't shit. Anything for a dollar.

Riley is a CHILD. I'm just so freaking disgusted by that whole storyline AND that shitty song. Ugh.

I don't know, she loves Riley, and seems to want to protect her.  Maybe that song sounded better to her....like instead of rose colored glasses, she heard that song through rose colored ears.  It would explain her continuing to push the song on social media.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I don't know, she loves Riley, and seems to want to protect her.  Maybe that song sounded better to her....like instead of rose colored glasses, she heard that song through rose colored ears.  It would explain her continuing to push the song on social media.

I didn't get the impression that Riley even wanted to do the song, or pursue singing in the first place. She didn't seem very excited about being at the studio and singing. Kandi needs to remember that she attended the school of the arts and wanted to sing. If Kandi wants her child in the business, let's first see if Riley can pass auditions to be admitted at the school of the arts. Now if that mouth/lip issue is a physical condition, then a singing career is out. If is NOT physical,  then at 14, baby-girl needs to stop trying to hold her mouth tight/twisted and learn to enunciate properly.

It must be a hard conversation for an parent in the entertainment business to tell their child that they don't have "it".... "Baby you know I luv' you... but you can't _____ and need to pursue something else".

Cynthia finally realized her daughter isn't tall enough to model runway (which I found odd given she and Leon are very tall), but  came up with the purses(?) photo campaign, which was a good compromise.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

This is true but for Noelle to hear her mother talk about it?. No. Just no. It was inappropriate to say the least. There are some things your kids don't get to hear. Especially on camera. I can only imagine if my mother....oh, never mind.  

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sometimes people will fight a divorce or drag it out because they want to make their ex's life miserable. It has nothing to do with still loving the person or wanting to get back together. Apollo lost all control so he was fighting back the only way he knew how behind bars. He doesn't give a rat's ass about Phaedra. Maybe he was holding out for more money if he even got any at all. Who knows what was going on in the mind of that piece of crap. Whatever it was, I guarantee it had nothing to do with keeping his family together. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

This is true but for Noelle to hear her mother talk about it?. No. Just no. It was inappropriate to say the least. There are some things your kids don't get to hear. Especially on camera. I can only imagine if my mother....oh, never mind.  

LOL !! Yes, I also can do without the exaggerated version of parental exploits.

"Yeah.. your daddy/significant other and I ...... {fill in the blank}...". The kids know how they got here, but I think they can do without the play-by-play and detailed-triple-X how-to's.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, sATL said:

I didn't get the impression that Riley even wanted to do the song, or pursue singing in the first place. She didn't seem very excited about being at the studio and singing. Kandi needs to remember that she attended the school of the arts and wanted to sing. If Kandi wants her child in the business, let's first see if Riley can pass auditions to be admitted at the school of the arts. Now if that mouth/lip issue is a physical condition, then a singing career is out. If is NOT physical,  then at 14, baby-girl needs to stop trying to hold her mouth tight/twisted and learn to enunciate properly.

It must be a hard conversation for an parent in the entertainment business to tell their child that they don't have "it".... "Baby you know I luv' you... but you can't _____ and need to pursue something else".

Cynthia finally realized her daughter isn't tall enough to model runway (which I found odd given she and Leon are very tall), but  came up with the purses(?) photo campaign, which was a good compromise.

I'm struck by how much Noelle looks like Leon.  But i think its going to work out for her and she will be a very unique beauty.  

I got the same impression from Riley so I'm super confused as to where any of this came from.  Kandi hasn't really pushed Riley to do anything, and Riley speaks her mind.  So did Riley just say she wanted to sing on a whim and kandi ran with it or is this all kandi.  

Either way, she should not have allowed that to be filmed.  People have every right to be honest when you put yourself out there like that....and so it was up to kandi to save Riley from what I consider very fair criticism

• Love 2
18 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Porsha said that "Kandi needed to come out of the closet" to Sheree's comment that "maybe Kandi was in the closet watching Porsha/Block" have sex. Porsha said that her comment was based on Sheree's comment. She even said that she didn't mean "closet" on the way Sheree relayed it to Kandi on their glamping trip, that she was just throwing "shade" back at Kandi....again, based on what Sheree told her Kandi said. I wish that Porsha just would have said..."Sorry, that is not what I meant and I am sorry that anyone took it that way" but alas, here we are and the real culprit behind all this threesome/Kandi is a lesbian talk all started with Phaedra, not Porsha.

I don't buy Porsha's explanation of following up on Sheree's comment because it doesn't make any sense. Sheree was clearly facetiously calling Kandi a voyeur to argue that Kandi couldn't know about things she was claiming to know. I remember being shocked by Porsha's comment because it wasn't the natural progression of that joke. One might have added that Kandi must have had a telephoto camera or she had a wiretap or video surveillance, but coming out of the closet isn't where that joke goes. If Porsha meant something besides being a closeted lesbian, I would love it if she explained what she actually meant. When Porsha says that she was throwing shade, I buy that. I don't even understand what other idiomatic meaning of coming out of the closet Porsha could be alluding to. It would be like calling someone Benedict Arnold's, but claiming you meant it as a complimentary reference to his successful Battle of Saratoga. As a native American English speaker you only make those mistakes if you're aren't familiar with underlying idiom and we know that's NOT true in this situation.

18 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I never really thought that Phaedra really liked Portia very much. She fit better with Kandi. I am saddened that their friendship was destroyed. I remember that brawl at the infamous pyjama party and how moving it was, to see Phaedra console Kandi, after her confrontation with Cynthia over Cynthia's hand gestures. It seemed like they broke character and I saw a glimpse of the real Phaedra comforting her friend in distress. They were both crying.

Porsha and Phaedra have that churchy hypocrisy in common. And apparently being closet freaks too. I've always felt like Phaedra became friends with Kandi because Kandi didn't publicly call bullshit when Phaedra was pretending that she wasn't pregnant at her wedding. As we've seen from these arguments with Porsha and Phaedra, Kandi isn't one to spill people's business unless they start fucking with her life. Unfortunately, I think that Apollo's trial incarceration really took a toll on their friendship. Kandi never really understood that Phaedra's middle-class sensibilities prevented her from supporting Apollo during his trial and incarceration. As Kandi has said, she's had family who has been in prison and she didn't get why Phaedra didn't want anything to do with Apollo anymore. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Lindy Dear said:

Well, hate to say it....but I'm pulling this off my  regular recordings and bidding adieu to this part of the franchise.  I found the whole thing finally   descended way, way too deep, deep into the gutter.  All of the Housewife shows lower the bar when it comes to indulging demeaning behavior and conduct.  But  this went to new lows..

I agree.  This franchise and Jersey used to be my favorites, but I gave up on Jersey three years ago and think it's time to give up on this one too.  The show has gotten way too dark for my liking.  It doesn't seem like the ladies are having any fun.  It's time to either recast or pull the plug. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't buy Porsha's explanation of following up on Sheree's comment because it doesn't make any sense. Sheree was clearly facetiously calling Kandi a voyeur to argue that Kandi couldn't know about things she was claiming to know. I remember being shocked by Porsha's comment because it wasn't the natural progression of that joke. One might have added that Kandi must have had a telephoto camera or she had a wiretap or video surveillance, but coming out of the closet isn't where that joke goes. If Porsha meant something besides being a closeted lesbian, I would love it if she explained what she actually meant. When Porsha says that she was throwing shade, I buy that. I don't even understand what other idiomatic meaning of coming out of the closet Porsha could be alluding to. It would be like calling someone Benedict Arnold's, but claiming you meant it as a complimentary reference to his successful Battle of Saratoga. As a native American English speaker you only make those mistakes if you're aren't familiar with underlying idiom and we know that's NOT true in this situation.

Porsha and Phaedra have that churchy hypocrisy in common. And apparently being closet freaks too. I've always felt like Phaedra became friends with Kandi because Kandi didn't publicly call bullshit when Phaedra was pretending that she wasn't pregnant at her wedding. As we've seen from these arguments with Porsha and Phaedra, Kandi isn't one to spill people's business unless they start fucking with her life. Unfortunately, I think that Apollo's trial incarceration really took a toll on their friendship. Kandi never really understood that Phaedra's middle-class sensibilities prevented her from supporting Apollo during his trial and incarceration. As Kandi has said, she's had family who has been in prison and she didn't get why Phaedra didn't want anything to do with Apollo anymore. 

Well, we are talking about Porsha here and she is no word smith, at times she struggles putting a sentence/thought together, so I do think she could have been just playing on what Sheree said without trying to call Kandi a lesbian. This is the same woman that for some unknown reason thought the under ground railroad was an actual train after all. LOL

I think Phaedra felt betrayed/abandoned by Kandi when Apollo was arrested and I do think she, Kandi, decided to side with Todd's friendship with Apollo over her relationship with Phaedra as well as thinking it was/is no big deal that he was arrested to begin with.

• Love 1

A hit dog barks the loudest and that would be ms Kandi Koated if your nasty!

A woman who goes crazy over being accused of having  a Menage a Trois when she knows most people have heard of her and women before seems kind of odd. I mean she isn't bothered by slinging sex toys and singing gospel music. I believe Todd is cheating on her. I believe this after hours club is key for one of those sex clubs. 

Kandi was adamant that "Porsha was an "aggressive lesbian" in bed. Sounds a lot like Bill Clinton denial but the dress told the story. So I am supposed to believe that she got that from a kiss? A kiss which Kandi says happened in a club no mention of a bed.

If she is so forward with her sexual relations yet barks like a hit dog with the mention of sex dungeons. I mean she is all about the money for Ms Kandi! sex dungeons and sex toys go together so why so Irate and threatening to do something you know you aren't about to do? I mean then that would make 2 of you needing anger management,

Porsha may not be perfect but Kandi's mouth isn't no prayer book. We see how things are working out for her other friend Tiny with her history of doing the same thing. Todd & Kandi are not some innocents in this whole thing. 

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, MsDiva2007 said:

A woman who goes crazy over being accused of having  a Menage a Trois when she knows most people have heard of her and women before seems kind of odd. I mean she isn't bothered by slinging sex toys and singing gospel music. I believe Todd is cheating on her. I believe this after hours club is key for one of those sex clubs. 

Kandi was adamant that "Porsha was an "aggressive lesbian" in bed. Sounds a lot like Bill Clinton denial but the dress told the story. So I am supposed to believe that she got that from a kiss? A kiss which Kandi says happened in a club no mention of a bed.

If she is so forward with her sexual relations yet barks like a hit dog with the mention of sex dungeons. I mean she is all about the money for Ms Kandi! sex dungeons and sex toys go together so why so Irate and tal threatening to do something you know you aren't about to do? I mean then that would make 2 of you needing anger management,

Porsha may not be perfect but Kandi's mouth isn't no prayer book. We see how things are working out for her other friend Tiny with her history of doing the same thing. Todd & Kandi are not some innocents in this whole thing. 

It's so hypocritical for Kandi and Cynthia to pretend they are scared of Porsha when Kandi was about to bust Cynthia's chops at the pillow talk party. And it appears the Kandi Koated Hulk is about to make another appearance. Let's see if Kenya and Cynthia claim to be to scared to be around Kandi.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I agree.  This franchise and Jersey used to be my favorites, but I gave up on Jersey three years ago and think it's time to give up on this one too.  The show has gotten way too dark for my liking.  It doesn't seem like the ladies are having any fun.  It's time to either recast or pull the plug. 

Yeah, they need to recast. I guess that was the whole point of bringing in Kim Fields last season, but that was a disaster. RHOA was #3 on my list and I don't record it. It comes on too much to waste DVR space.  I caught last night in its entirety by accident. I like the shows that follow - First Family of Hip Hop and the now-moved-to-Friday, Married with Medicine. Jersey was better last season - Teresa has changed due to her & Joe's prison sentence and finding yoga. And I think the shows are better when there is a reason for some members the cast to be together - related or work/business.  Potomac was my favorite - hopefully it returns back in the same matter as it went into hiatus.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, ifoundit said:

Is this Mama Joyce, lol.

Makes you wonder if Carmen was the one they invited into their bedroom? Which would make Joyce's accusation about Carmen true, that she slept with Todd, of course, Joyce would never put it out there that Kandi was also an active participant with Todd/Carmen, LOL 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Yeah, they need to recast. I guess that was the whole point of bringing in Kim Fields last season, but that was a disaster. RHOA was #3 on my list and I don't record it. It comes on too much to waste DVR space.  I caught last night in its entirety by accident. I like the shows that follow - First Family of Hip Hop and the now-moved-to-Friday, Married with Medicine. Jersey was better last season - Teresa has changed due to her & Joe's prison sentence and finding yoga. And I think the shows are better when there is a reason for some members the cast to be together - related or work/business.  Potomac was my favorite - hopefully it returns back in the same matter as it went into hiatus.

From the finale of Potomac, I can listen to Karen's rant to Ashley over and over: "You talk about you and Michael using the rhythm method; I suggest you let him stay in, procreate, have a baby of your own! Move up off my mines! .....Don't you ever, until you're a woman, a real woman, don't you ever, ever have my child's name in your mouth again!" The other girls could barely contain themselves; almost falling off their chairs! ;-)

• Love 2
On 2/19/2017 at 11:22 PM, Primal Slayer said:

Kandi was so on point in this episode. We've watched her for 7 years now, if any of this were true, it would've come up by now. Not to mention that she gots the receipts.

porsha-texts-2.jpg?resize=640,674

Hmm take some time to visit lipstickalley forum.. Kandi's sexcapades have long been documented lol

• Love 4
On 2/20/2017 at 0:56 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Why is Portia not saying that it was Phaedra that talked about Kandi's sexuality? and why is she willing to fall on the sword for Phaedra. I think that we are missing something that would explain the animus between Portia and Kandi.  This season has been weird and disjointed.

There were two scenes in which Kandi's sexuality were brought up:  1.) Sheree, Phaedra and Porsha and 2.) Sheree and Porsha.  At the glamping dinner the last night of the trip, Marlo specifically brought up the "closet" comment which came from Sheree and Porsha's one-on-one conversation.  Phaedra wasn't a part of that.  If Sheree had brought up Phaedra's comments, she also would have had to have brought up that she ran back and told Phaedra that Kandi was spreading Phaedra's secrets to the other women which would have put Sheree in the hot seat herself...

14 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

For whatever reason, Apollo is contesting the divorce, so I can imagine the call didn't go well.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MsDiva2007 said:

If she is so forward with her sexual relations yet barks like a hit dog with the mention of sex dungeons. I mean she is all about the money for Ms Kandi! sex dungeons and sex toys go together so why so Irate and threatening to do something you know you aren't about to do? I mean then that would make 2 of you needing anger management,

I think its a little aggressive to tell someone you want to "eat their pussy until they cum," while they are at a club dancing with their husband.

I think Kandi is bothered by someone lying about her, period, not about the content of the lie.  Kandi seems more than happy to admit to what she is done, and someone who takes pride in being honest would be upset about someone lying about her.

Again, I think Kandi was acting more like someone who was pissed off about someone lying about her when she is open about the truth.  As she said in her TH, Kandi is the sort of person who would think that it was cool to have a sex dungeon, so it was the lie that upset her, not the idea that she would have a sex dungeon.

I actually think Kandi is the innocent in this whole thing.  Porsha brought all of this on herself, and instead of just being a human adult grown up and apologizing for speaking out of school she decided to deflect.  Which is what Porsha does, she never admits fault, even when she is clearly at fault, and as Kandi said, her lies and deflection make a small problem 10x worse.  

• Love 12
6 hours ago, MsDiva2007 said:

Kandi is angry about it because it's not Porsha's or Phaedra's story to tell. The P's are getting details wrong and making Kandi's sex life out to be something sordid and shameful. There is nothing shameful about Kandi's sex life. They are consenting adults who aren't lying to each other about what is going on in their marriage. Fuck Porsha and Phaedra for trying to act like Kandi should be embarrassed and ashamed. 

Kandi admitted in that argument that she and Todd had one threesome since being married. She shouldn't have to defend herself. Kandi said that she believed that Porsha was aggressive in bed not because of the kiss, but because Porsha said to Kandi "that she'd eat Kandi's pussy until Kandi came." Kandi's point was that this isn't something that timid dabblers say, which indicated to Kandi that Porsha has a lot more experience with lady loving than she lets on. Kandi's other point about the sex dungeon is that she wouldn't hide that if she did have one.

Porsha says all of this because she wants to humiliate and embarrass Kandi by putting all of Kandi's business in the street. Kandi isn't ashamed of her sex life, but she also doesn't want to talk about it constantly at every place she goes. Kandi has nothing to be embarrassed of. Porsha is the one who is being disgraceful. Kandi is a successful woman who is confident enough in her own needs and sexual agency that she engages in sex of her own free will rather than getting pressured and bullied into things to please her partner. The fact that Porsha feels the need to denigrate that is profoundly woman hating.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Talented Tenth said:

There were two scenes in which Kandi's sexuality were brought up:  1.) Sheree, Phaedra and Porsha and 2.) Sheree and Porsha.  At the glamping dinner the last night of the trip, Marlo specifically brought up the "closet" comment which came from Sheree and Porsha's one-on-one conversation.  Phaedra wasn't a part of that.  If Sheree had brought up Phaedra's comments, she also would have had to have brought up that she ran back and told Phaedra that Kandi was spreading Phaedra's secrets to the other women which would have put Sheree in the hot seat herself...

For whatever reason, Apollo is contesting the divorce, so I can imagine the call didn't go well.

Actually, all Marlo did was ask Kandi if she is a lesbian. She didn't give any reason other than someone in the group said to/told Sheree she was. It was Sheree that said it was Porsha, the "closet" comment, and  Sheree failed to mention Phaedra's comment at all. I want to know why Sheree decided to expose only Porsha and not Phaedra.

• Love 5