Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E07: I Have No Time For Anyone's Ego Except My Own

The two finalists continue a task from Carnival Corporation by preparing an ad campaign, hosting a party and producing a show. Later, the Governor names the winner. The season finale features music performances and guests, including Caitlyn Jenner.

I'm so happy Matt won!  

I really enjoyed this season.  I liked Arnold and I liked the contestants ..especially with minimal drama crap.

It did seem a little rushed but what the hell... 

• Love 18

Congratulations Matt! A much deserved win. He was by far the best performing celebrity I have seen on this show. Kudos to Boy George as well. No real losers here. Not a bad season. I didn't even miss the drama that usually happens on this show. Pretty positive all the way around. 

• Love 15

So... that was rather lackluster without the live two hour finale filled with pomp and circumstance and ego like whoa. A fitting end to a somewhat meh season. I hope the show is picked up for another (I don't know if it has been or not), but only because I love to see how ridiculous some of the "celebrities" are. And the drama. I love it when the drama is turned up to eleven and we didn't really get that this season.

On the upside, all of the Princess cruise line commercials meant that I didn't have to hear Brooke talk about how she tinkles a little when she giggles while on her paddleboard.

Congrats to Matt.

Congrats to all of us for getting through this season. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3

Well, that was quite anticlimactic, wasn't it?  Where's the confetti?

I love Boy George, but I wouldn't have chosen him simply because he got a free pass when he missed an entire episode because of a prior commitment.

Edited by Babalooie
added content
  • Love 8

Yay to  Matt! I thought he deserved to win. I would have been happy with either but he was consistent throughout the competition. Honestly, I was surprised that Boy George got as far as he did. I saw a side of him that I didn't except and I was pleasantly surprised. That said, he did skate by quite a bit.

A couple of things ... I thought it was important how Matt talked about his charity and tied it into the variety show. He also served as the host. Boy George didn't mention his charity and relied on Carson to be the front man. Minor details, I know, but nonetheless important and I'm sure that they weren't unnoticed by Arnold.

I liked this much better without the Trumps and that is said without any political bias. Arnold was tough but he wasn't a tyrannical asshole. However, he needs to dial down the chauvinistic remarks by about 1,000. Hope NBC brings this back.

• Love 14

I would have been happy with either one. Matt had the better party and raised more money, George had the better show and better ad campaign. Matt had the edge I think because it was so personal to him.

I wonder where George was when Matt came back to the war room for the celebrating. He just walked out of the boardroom and disappeared.

• Love 9

My goodness that ended rather abruptly.  I expected Boy George to win but I think Matt came from behind and performed consistently.  I didn't even know who he was when this started and he overcame more obstacles (fundraising, celebrity) than George.  Plus, George pretty much did the same thing every week.  He performed.  Which is his job so he was never out of his comfort zone.  So good on Matt.

• Love 16

I've watched several seasons of The Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice, but eventually got tired of all the fake drama and Trump's blustery egotistical schtick as the "boss". So I only tuned in to this season mid-way, then liked it enough to catch up and keep watching.

I liked how Arnold was more professional with the celebs, and not flirty/leering with the women like Trump was. I loved his rejoinder to Brooke and her stupid husband that of course, he'd ride behind a woman on a motorcycle and not feel his manhood was being threatened by it, "Of course I would." I believe him.

I got a little tired of his Mr. Universe stories--although it was interesting he chose to highlight that part of his life rather than the movie star, or governor of Calif. parts.  But I finally "got" what a big deal it was, transformational, and set the scene for the kind of drive and style that took him so far, in a country he wasn't even born in.  I kind of lied the way he tried to inspire them with his drive and risk-taking versus Trump's way of bragging about how rich he was.  I liked how he dismissed the guy I'd never heard of for cheating. Because...yeah.

I also really, really liked how low-key it all was as a competition. More "real" interactions, more pleasant, less interpersonal b.s.  These were probably the least stellar of any celebrities--never heard of or saw Matt and several others before (and I don't think of the "Housewives" as genuine celebrities)--but the tasks were fine and so was the cast overall. (Sending that unfunny "comedian" to meet with Buffett made sense because he was useless, but I felt sorry for Buffett -- and what a wasted opportunity).

I like Boy George and was glad to see him perform so well. Also glad to see how impressive Carson was. And pleasantly surprised that Arnold would choose two men as the F2-I really didn't think he'd take that risk.

Matt was great throughout and deserved to win. Boy George did really well, too, and did earn a lot of money for his charity (which seemed kind of an odd choice given what's out there to choose from, but maybe I just didn't understand it.).

I hope they renew it and Arnold comes  in spite of Trump (exec producer's) negative tweets and comments. Ratins aren't everything and I enjoyed Arnold's version a lot more than Donald's.  Don't miss him or his more mean-spirited and degrading-to-contestants version at all.  Good season.                                                                                                                                                                           

• Love 20

Aww, I wanted Boy George to win, but Matt deserved it too so I'm not mad about the result. Boy George won me over like Lil Jon did in that I knew who they were, but didn't know what to expect of them on the show and ended up loving them both.

I missed Boy George at the end sipping champagne with the rest of the contestants. I wonder why he wasn't there.

Overall, I thought this was a good season and Arnold was entertaining enough. I didn't miss Trump at all.

• Love 6

The thing that surprised me the most this season was that Porscha managed to behave normally the whole time.  On Housewives she unravels faster than a pair of cheap underpants.  And, she unravels almost every week.  I think she was even the one dancing with Arnold.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

The thing that surprised me the most this season was that Porscha managed to behave normally the whole time.  On Housewives she unravels faster than a pair of cheap underpants.  And, she unravels almost every week.  I think she was even the one dancing with Arnold.

LOL! great description of our gal Porsha! I was only in it for Kyle so I was dissapointed she got on the Choppah way too soon. Arnold bored me to tears. It made me miss Trump ON this SHOW. 

• Love 3

I, too, am happy about Matt's win. And I didn't understand George s charity *at all.* I first thought it was anti bullying but it swerved into preventable accidents? Illnesses?

Edited by rhys
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, rhys said:

I, too, am happy about Matt's win. And I didn't understand George s charity *at all.* I first thought it was a to bullying but it swerved into preventable accidents?

George's charity:

https://www.safekids.org/press-release/boy-george-selects-safe-kids-worldwide-his-charity-new-celebrity-apprentice-premiering

About Safe Kids Worldwide

Safe Kids Worldwide is a nonprofit organization working to protect kids on the move, at home and at play. Preventable injuries are the number one cause of death for children in the United States. Throughout the world, almost one million children die of an injury each year, and almost every one of these tragedies is preventable. Safe Kids works with an extensive network of more than 400 coalitions in the U.S. and with partners in more than 30 countries to reduce traffic injuries, drownings, falls, burns, poisonings and more. Since 1988, Safe Kids has helped reduce the U.S. childhood death rate from unintentional injury by 60 percent. Working together, we can do much more to protect kids. Join our effort at safekids.org.

• Love 4

I think in the end Matt just wanted it more, from day one.   With George, the idea that he could possibly win seemed to grow on him as the season progressed but he didn't go out and actively pursue it from the jump like Matt did.  Matt , and George too but more so Matt really tried to help the project manager of whatever team he was on, he was always balls to the wall.  So I'm happy Matt won and he raised all that money for rheumatoid arthritis. 

Carson was the celebrity that entertained me the most this season.  He's hilarious, I love his dry wit.  Porsha pleasantly surprised, Kyle tried hard but disappointed except she really pulled it out at the end.  Her party room was beautiful and I thought much better than George's and the animal's were a nice touch.  Both Matt and George mentioned calling Vince multiple times and he didn't return their calls.  Vince is a bit of an ass.  No mention of Chael, also an ass.  No Snooki.  And no Brooke.  You could really see the people that had class on the show, the people that tried to help others even when it didn't benefit themselves.  So kudos to Matt, George, Kyle, Carrie, Carnie, Laila, Porsha and Carson.   They raised a million dollars for charity on this one task plus money from the other tasks, that's a lot of money so good on them.

• Love 12

This may be the first season I didn't actively dislike one of the finalists. They both did a really good job but Matt absolutely threw himself into it body and soul, and you could clearly see it on that stage. And how coincidental, there's a special edition of ANW on next week...

I still think this was weird for a final task. First they had the fundraising stage where money was walked in, then the guests went through an experience to show off the cruise lines, and then they had the presentations.  Manage the time better next season so we can go buy stuff again.

• Love 8

The show kicked in zero to Matt's charity for winning the Finale, right?  Boooooo!

Ahnold was much more empathic than DJT was as a host.  He blustered about WINNING and LOSERS and all that.  But, when he launched a given celeb who had demonstrated respect for the game/show, he went beyond what was necessary to ease the sting.  His humble background still comes out on occasion.  Good on him.

What are the odds that either side came up with those tag lines/phrases on their own?  Ain't no way.  

That lighting was not good for Caitlyn Jenner.  The embrace with Ahnold was priceless.  AS could not have been more obvious in his wanting to distance himself from her.  What an abrupt edit ended that moment!

We got a "Toomah!" mention!  Albeit it was not AS who actually spoke the phrase.

Congratulations to as worthy a winner as the show has had.  Kudos to Boy George for his accomplishments, as well.

• Love 7

I wanted Boy George to win, so I'm glad I fell asleep right before the "reveal." IMO, he was more creative throughout the show.

But Matt showed more personal connection to his charity, more passion to George's Zen, and so it was a good victory. 

Whaddayaknow---Minus The Donald we got a show without justified cries of "shenanigans"!

Maybe this is why BG wasn't in the champagne scene. Remember?

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/vince-neil-boy-george-celebrity-apprentice-sobriety/

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

That's because the housewives shows are so scripted and it's Porsha's role to play the batshit crazy girl. Quite clear now how utterly fake those shows are.

Based on the three criteria, George scored two out of three, in my opinion. He didn't raise as much money, but he killed it with his variety show and the ad campaign. His photos and taglines were print-worthy, and he wrote two original songs in one day for his show. That, to me, should have given him the win.

Matt did a great job as well, but his show sucked (I can't stand Wilson Phillips) and his ad campaign was non-existent. I think Arnold just liked Matt better. But I adore Matt now that I've gotten to know who he is and I think this show will probably be a huge career boost for him.

I turned off after the winner was announced, did they not present him with the suitcase of $250,000 mentioned at the top of the show that the winner gets from the show?

• Love 4

Well I wanted Boy George to win - I thought he added more throughout all the tasks but I have to give it to Matt for his enthusiasm and commitment to each task. There were no losers as both were great contestants.

Sorry to be odd man out - but I hate Arnold as the host - nothing is more scripted than Arnold - the old tag lines have got to go. I loved Arnold in his prime - but stay to acting - reality TV is not his bit. He acts like he has a stick up his butt most of the time and can't relax. He's too focused on the camera and getting his best side seen - that said - I do love his nephew. He seems more down to earth and actually has a business sense.

Although Boy George doesn't sound as good as he once did - Wilson Phillips was cringe worthy! I had to turn the sound off until they were done singing - it was that bad.

• Love 4

I definitely think my Boy deserved the win (if for no other reason than singing Karma Chameleon, which I consider to be the greatest song in the history of music), but kudos to Matt on his victory.  He seems like such a nice guy and did a great job for his charity.

The highlight of the episode for me didn't actually take place in the episode, but rather in my living room when my father saw "Bruce" Jenner in a dress, being kissed by Arnold Schwarzenegger.  He's old, he's never used the Internet and he was very confused by the whole thing.  Of course, he's still trying to understand my love of Boy George some thirty-five years later, so...baby steps.

• Love 5

Can someone get Caitlyn Jenner a stylist, please? No more short dresses, dear, you don't have the knees for it. Those heels didn't do you any favors. And that purse!! 

This could be the next reality show, Fashion Emergency for Caitlyn.

• Love 13

Vince is a right stinker to not at least return George's call, since it was George who helped raise so much money for Vince's task and helped him get the win.

Matt mentioned that his show had "the Ninjas," so I'm guessing it was a bit more extensive a show than just some Matt comedy and Wilson Phillips. If we had the full two-hour finale we would likely have seen that.

Since to me it was a virtual tie (party/money vs. ad/show,) I wonder if it was decided ahead of time that the amount raised would be the tiebreaker, or if George ticked off production with the keyboard player incident, or if NBC cast the deciding vote. For some reason I thought ANW was on ABC, but now it makes sense. The network was probably thrilled he made such a good showing, and got extra publicity for that show. I thought George's variety show was so far superior to Matt's as to negate all but the most decisive of fundraising differences.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

Can someone get Caitlyn Jenner a stylist, please? No more short dresses, dear, you don't have the knees for it. Those heels didn't do you any favors. And that purse!! 

This could be the next reality show, Fashion Emergency for Caitlyn.

Hosted by Candis Cayne, who looked amazing, as always.  I love her, it was great to see her with Caitlyn at George's event.

12 minutes ago, Ananayel said:

Since to me it was a virtual tie (party/money vs. ad/show,) I wonder if it was decided ahead of time that the amount raised would be the tiebreaker, or if George ticked off production with the keyboard player incident, or if NBC cast the deciding vote. For some reason I thought ANW was on ABC, but now it makes sense. The network was probably thrilled he made such a good showing, and got extra publicity for that show. I thought George's variety show was so far superior to Matt's as to negate all but the most decisive of fundraising differences.

Not to take anything away from Matt (which I know you weren't either), but I had the same thought about Ninja Warrior being on NBC and how that might have tipped the scales a bit in his favor.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, TaraS1 said:

about Ninja Warrior being on NBC and how that might have tipped the scales a bit in his favor.

Yep, I checked to see what will be in that time slot next week, and guess what???  American Ninja Warrior.  Makes you go HMMMM.

• Love 3

As a very experienced cruiser, I gave George's team the side-eye for their "buffet lines . . . NEVER" slogan.  That's just not true, and it made me doubt everything else they said.  And if part of the challenge is the ad campaign, they blew it on that AND the fundraising.  

I love that Matt won.  He is that same level of enthusiastic every time I've seen him on TV, and there's no ego apparent.  It's all about the task for him.

• Love 9

I didn't understand the urgency of Caitlyn Jenner showing up for Boy George.  He acted like his presentation couldn't go on if she didn't show up in time.  Why?  She was not performing.  Maybe I missed something but it didn't make sense to me.

• Love 2

Consistency.  When Arnold spoke that word as one reason he gave Matt the win, it made total sense.  

I adore Boy George and Carson.

Good job and well done for both finalists. 

41 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

As a very experienced cruiser, I gave George's team the side-eye for their "buffet lines . . . NEVER" slogan.  That's just not true, and it made me doubt everything else they said.  And if part of the challenge is the ad campaign, they blew it on that AND the fundraising.  

I love that Matt won.  He is that same level of enthusiastic every time I've seen him on TV, and there's no ego apparent.  It's all about the task for him.

BG raised more money than Matt.  I have been on 2 cruises and never had to wait in a Buffet line, lol!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2

BG unselfishly raised roughly $120,000 (I think that's the amount) when he was not project manager and it was not for his charity.  How much did Matt raise for that project?

BG's "loss" was written all over his face during the final boardroom.  He's a smart man, he absolutely knew. 

Disappointing to me but Matt was a great contestant and his charity was worthwhile. 

• Love 8

Objectively, BG's team ad campaign was visually so much better than Matt's team. The one that Carrie made looked like she did it on MS Paint. Terrible. The variety shows are pretty evenly matched from what they showed. It's hard to judge without seeing the whole thing because we can't see if there were any awkward transitions. Both team did well. 

However, going into the final boardroom I was 90% sure Matt is going to win because of how much everyone loved him, from Arnold, Patrick, Tyra to the fellow contestants. There really is a difference in how Matt's team members talked about him compared to how BG's team members talked about him. Both very complimentary to each man but there was a difference. To me, Matt is a great leader because while he is not domineering, he encourages and inspires people to do their best for him and people want to do that naturally because of the kind of person he is. I had a boss like that once and I consider that true leadership. And it's nice to see the medical community coming out to support him and his charity. 

I laughed at this exchange between BG and Carson when they were observing the donations coming in to Matt's team...

Carson: I think a lot of people have arthritis.

Boy George: Is that bad or good for us?

Carson: Um. 

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, wings707 said:

BG raised more money than Matt.  I have been on 2 cruises and never had to wait in a Buffet line, lol!  

1.  According to Wikipedia, Matt raised a total of $923,000.  BG raised a total of $545,000.

2  I've been on 17 cruises.  We tend to eat at off-peak times (and prefer to eat in the dining room, not the buffet), so we haven't encountered a LOT of lines personally, but have definitely seen lots of them during normal meal hours.  Their slogan was "Buffet lines . . . NEVER."  Not true.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Babalooie said:

I love Boy George, but I wouldn't have chosen him simply because he got a free pass when he missed an entire episode because of a prior commitment.

It shouldn't be an issue for a celeb on this show to have to miss a task, unless it speaks to their likely availability to come back in the next season as an advisor.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

As a very experienced cruiser, I gave George's team the side-eye for their "buffet lines . . . NEVER" slogan.  That's just not true, and it made me doubt everything else they said.  And if part of the challenge is the ad campaign, they blew it on that AND the fundraising

I spent my career working in advertising, and let me assure you.... nothing you see in ads is true. Does a Big Mac you buy look like the picture? No. Does that face cream remove your crows feet? No. In fact, one ad campaign I resigned from was using Photoshop retouched photos to claim this particular product did that. I couldn't live with myself knowing I participated in a bogus campaign. It happens every day, advertising agencies are there to make their clients' products look good.

I think George's photos did exactly what was asked: create an ad campaign to attract people to cruises.

And I've never waited in a buffet line either on the dozen or so cruises I've been on. :) I prefer the seated dining experiences anyway as I'm usually on shore during buffet meals.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

1.  According to Wikipedia, Matt raised a total of $923,000.  BG raised a total of $545,000.

2  I've been on 17 cruises.  We tend to eat at off-peak times (and prefer to eat in the dining room, not the buffet), so we haven't encountered a LOT of lines personally, but have definitely seen lots of them during normal meal hours.  Their slogan was "Buffet lines . . . NEVER."  Not true.

Matt raised $573,329 and BG $445,925.  I had those reversed in my mind.  Wiki is way off!

I ate in the dining room for dinner but did the buffet for lunch.  I love buffets because you can get a little taste of so many different things.  Love that!  I must have eaten at off peak times.  On the Alaskan cruise they cooked salmon to order at a buffet station, so I could order it medium.  Delicious.   Sorry for the OT

This may open some doors for Matt; he is wasted hosting that show.  

• Love 5

My husband and I watch Ninja every season so while we were familiar with Matt, we didn't really know anything about him.

Seeing him on CA was pretty cool, gave us some insight to his personality - he's the same way on Ninja. Super energetic...we like him.

I was happy with the outcome, but would have been happy with either one.

I don't remember Arnold and the other judges going to George's room, did I miss that? We saw them going to Matt's and commenting on the passport and animals.

I'm with those who were happy to NOT see the fake drama that's usually on this show; much nicer to see people interact in a more likeable way. 

Hope it returns next season.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I believe she was dancing with Carson :) .

I thought the finale was a lot of fun, and while I have nothing bad to say about Boy George I'm glad Matt won.  I do wish they had convinced Arnold to do a Sly Stallone imitation, though... that would have been a moment for the ages!  From the number of voices chanting "Do it!", I think even the crew were joining in the cries to hear it.  (And kudos to First-Person-Eliminated Carrie Keegan for having the stones to call Stallone for a donation!)  I also thought Matt's "It's always dangerous to imitate the Governor in front of the Governor; it could get me fired.  But hey, if I get fired, I can... go on vacation!" transition was beautiful.

Boy George's team's variety show might have been better from what we saw (although it sounds like we missed an ANW performance), but he had the advantage of being Boy George so he could put a performance on all by himself (and !MrsHB noticed that one of the dancers on BG's side was from the DWTS Troupe, but I can't recall her name).  Matt's team only had Wilson Phillips readily available assuming that Carnie couldn't pull out the nuclear option and get her father to appear.

20 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Matt raised $573,329 and BG $445,925.  I had those reversed in my mind.  Wiki is way off!

It appears WP is combining the finale totals with those raised on earlier fundraising tasks, and also including the dollars raised from the task rewards (since Jon Lovitz is shown as having raised "$50,000").

• Love 5

That's because the housewives shows are so scripted and it's Porsha's role to play the batshit crazy girl. Quite clear now how utterly fake those shows are.

Amen. A few of those people are narcissistic nutjobs, but the rest are just fameballs who know that their airtime depends on throwing fits, causing drama, stirring shit etc. Porsche either figured out or was told that that wouldn't work, at least at this stage of the show, where the focus would be on the final task.

As BG said, everyone should have a Carson. He was so calm and creative and a generous teammate.

I smiled when BG started to chant when he was getting nervous, because it is such a healthy way to respond to stress and I'm rooting for him to stay the healthy and centered person he has become.

• Love 8

I would have been happy with either win.  I felt bad that Ahhhnold kept saying that no one knew who Matt was throughout the show - am I the only one who watched Clean House?  I met Matt when they came here to Cincinnati for a special episode.

I wasn't super familiar with Boy George before this; I was aware of him, of course, but I think the height of his popularity was just a bit before my time.  I was very impressed with him, he's a bit of a diva but that's to be expected of a celebrity, he was mostly sweet and very kind. 

I liked having a finale where I felt that I could root for both contestants.   

• Love 6

I would have been happy with either win, but I thought Matt gave it his all and Boy George relied on his team more. I also thought BG seemed kind of passive during many of the tasks, while Matt was full fledged committed the whole time. I do wish we could have seen a little more of this event though. It seemed like they skipped through the cruise ship presentation a bit. 

I also think Matt's charity seemed more personal than BG's. I don't think BG ever really explained why he picked this charity or it's significance to his life. All charities are worthwhile of course, but I find a charity close to someone's heart is easier to get behind. 

I would watch another season with Arnold. He didn't pick up on the subtle nuances or game playing like Trump did, but he also didn't flirt with the women or get randomly angry at contestants. If it comes back, they need to spend more time on each task.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

That lighting was not good for Caitlyn Jenner.  The embrace with Ahnold was priceless.  AS could not have been more obvious in his wanting to distance himself from her.

I didn't get that feeling. Arnold leaned in and kissed her cheek, even. I'm sure, living in Hollywood for ages, Arnold is comfortable with just about everyone of any persuasions.

I couldn't see BG winning, and thought Matt was a foregone conclusion. I suspected Matt had won when he was on the Fox News channel's new year's eve shows. Matt belongs to Fox. 

• Love 3

Don't laugh, but when I saw the initial lineup, I thought that surely we'd see Laila in the finale.  I'd seen her compete on "Chopped" and some other cooking shows and did very well. She seemed quite calm and competent; focused and politely confident and competitive. 

Wow! I have to admit that I was very disappointed. What a Debbie Downer! It's OK if you're not creative; I don't think a whole lot of athletes are.  At least be open-minded and willing to be flexible/compromise. She's very controlling and as another person pointed out, that she'll shine if you give her a single task to focus on. She'll do it very well, but not dare to "color outside the lines." I guess that comes from being a champion boxer.  As Arnold pointed out, Laila brought at little too much too late. Her arrogance and cockiness are what floored me. However, it makes me wonder if a lot of that was just for show because she has not behaved like that on any other show I've seen her on. Maybe she knew that she wasn't going to win so decided to bring a little drama to liven things up.

I had "Cupcake Wars" on the other day and it was some celebrity competition and both Brooke and Carson were on.  When the contestants were introduced, Carson gave Brooke the side-eye and snarled, "Oh, YOU again?" And in a TH head, he made a snarky remark about Brooke having "a million kids" (something like that) so surely she'd know how to bake cupcakes. LOL!  I think I've seen that episode before and Brooke won.  I LOVE CARSON!!!

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 5