Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Blind Love

15 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

I'm glad you said this, I was going to have to be Debbie Downer myself about the weaponization (essentially) of Diana.  Yay that she could take care of herself, but Renard had no idea that Diana wouldn't kill the guy before he found out where she was being held.  She is acting so babyish in other ways, I'm not sure she would find her way home easily.  And obviously, making fun and games out of it was not smart.  She has too much power and it can go against daddy dearest in the future. 

I thought of something else What happens if Diana tells Adalind about what happened to her? Diana proved in this episode that she has no filter I'm sure Adalind won't approve of Renard's actions.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I thought of something else What happens if Diana tells Adalind about what happened to her? Diana proved in this episode that she has no filter I'm sure Adalind won't approve of Renard's actions.

I can't tell if Diana is just that naieve/child like or if she's cunning/manipulative.  Part of me thinks she's playing the long con on Nick and Co.

Diana wants her mommy and daddy back together, so she deliberately leaks the information about the pictures in the tunnel to Renard.  Same as those "innocent" questions to Eve about Nick. Although,  I have a feeling Diana would kill Eve real quick if she found out what happened to Mama Kelly...assuming she doesn't already know and was just playing Eve. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

Is that a real hotel they filmed at?  Because it and the surrounding area was gorgeous.  For all the flaws this show has, I will miss seeing different parts of Portland.

It looked like a hotel I saw when I was in Oregon, so I think it must be. I can't remember if the name they mentioned is the real name though.

• Love 1

So confused at first by Renard going from panic to "whatevs" at Diana's disappearance.  At first I thought he decided he didn't want a daughter anymore!  But then I figured out he'd realized she could take care of herself very well.  Still seemed kind of cold.

It was oddly written and directed. Yes, we know Diana can defend herself. But apparently she can also be subdued by chloroform. Which means someone could have killed her while she was unconscious. Plenty enough reason to still panic if you're her father.

But this may speak to the fact that Renard is essentially incapable of actual love. If you think about it, in all six seasons of this show he's never demonstrated the ability to love anyone. He was sleeping with Adalind, and Juliette while under a curse, and with his campaign manager - but did he ever express love for any of them? No. I don't even think he's capable of loving his own child - whatever he feels for Diana is probably closer to pride in ownership.

I don't know if it's because he's a Zauberbiest, or if it's just a personality flaw in him.

• Love 7

I was dreading this episode because I really don't like the actively/forced wooing aspect. Or the going to someone else to advice for love, and then changing your behavior for that advice. Neither ever ends well. (Shadowhunters recently did the the latter, and it blew up in the characters face as expected.) And sure enough, the cheesy/forced declarations of love had me cringing throughout a large portion of the episode, especially with Wu.

However, all of that was completely forgiven when Hank started wooing himself. I laughed so hard and loud, I had to rewind multiple times to see what I missed.

Then when the guy kidnapped Diana, I remember thinking it's a good thing he knocked her out. So when Renard realized the kidnapper was in for a world of hurt, I laughed some more. I laughed even harder when you could hear him being tossed around the warehouse by her. I'm surprised he was even able to crawl away half alive. It might be horrible parenting by Renard, but it was hilarious.

4 out of 5 stars overall. Would be 5 if not for having to endure the cheesy/forced love declarations.

• Love 1

I swear, its like this episode was a big apology to all the actors, who have been forced to do nothing but shout out exposition and be glum all the time for ages. They finally gave them something fun to do!

This is basically a filler episode, but I enjoyed the hell out of it. I agree with everyone that Hank stole the show. As soon as they started playing the music, I was laughing my head off, and I didn't stop until the end. The only thing that was funnier was Nick dropping on the floor and screaming "Roooooosalie!!!" Calculon style. It was a fun little jaunt, and I'm glad they gave us a little break from the drama.

I also enjoyed Diane in this one, mainly because her creepy kid tendencies were being turned on someone who actually deserved it. However, as funny as that whole plot was (I loved Renard going from panicked to realizing his super powered daughter was going to be just fine) someone REALLY needs to sit her down and explain right from wrong. Or give her the Spider-Man "Great power great responsibility" speech or something. She really doesn't seem to be exactly evil, she's just a weird kid with unlimited power and no real morals beyond wanting to take care of her parents.

Poor Holly. I hope they told her Wu was on PCP or something. And her boss lets her take a few personal days.

• Love 2

I had no patience for this ep. Fast forwarded through the fake love/spell stuff. Stopped now and then but it was as uninteresting as I thought. Especially since it started at one point and made us go back before catching up. I'm sure the cast had fun, though. Just wish there was a more interesting way for viewers to experience it.

Also never worried about Diana and totally got Renard's lack of worry. 

At least Eve finally said something about Adelind having her baby. Even if she was under a spell. 

Edited by Ottis
20 hours ago, iMonrey said:

It was oddly written and directed. Yes, we know Diana can defend herself. But apparently she can also be subdued by chloroform. Which means someone could have killed her while she was unconscious. Plenty enough reason to still panic if you're her father.

But this may speak to the fact that Renard is essentially incapable of actual love. If you think about it, in all six seasons of this show he's never demonstrated the ability to love anyone. He was sleeping with Adalind, and Juliette while under a curse, and with his campaign manager - but did he ever express love for any of them? No. I don't even think he's capable of loving his own child - whatever he feels for Diana is probably closer to pride in ownership.

In Renard's defense, given the silly tone of the episode, I don't think the viewers were supposed to take seriously the risk of a child's death in this one. Also, Renard is pretty good at reading people: he knew that the kidnapper was using Diana to get to him, and a dead hostage isn't worth that much. If he got the sense that the guy was keeping Diana unconscious the whole time, he would have played the "frantic dad" role and asked to speak with her. And, while I agree that Renard did not really love any of the women he slept with, I believe he loves his Mom :-)

• Love 1
22 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't know if it's because he's a Zauberbiest, or if it's just a personality flaw in him.

I think that was part of the problem with that scene for me.  Renard is not really a sincerely loving guy.  He's never shown much deep emotions toward anyone.  He hasn't shown much interest in Diana so far except as a pawn against some opponent.  So when he started panicking but then decided not to call for help, it was easy to believe he just didn't care that much.

• Love 1

someone REALLY needs to sit her down and explain right from wrong. Or give her the Spider-Man "Great power great responsibility" speech or something. She really doesn't seem to be exactly evil, she's just a weird kid with unlimited power and no real morals beyond wanting to take care of her parents.

Seriously. And I doubt the show will have time to address it because there are only six episodes left. But the weird way everyone treats Diana as if she were just a normal kid is baffling. At this point she's essentially Anthony from "It's a Good Life." She has unrestricted power, is killing people, and the adults are helpless to stop her. You'd think they'd be a little bit more concerned about what she might do next.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Blue Plastic said:

I think that was part of the problem with that scene for me.  Renard is not really a sincerely loving guy.  He's never shown much deep emotions toward anyone.  He hasn't shown much interest in Diana so far except as a pawn against some opponent.  So when he started panicking but then decided not to call for help, it was easy to believe he just didn't care that much.

If Renard was not interested in Diana, he would have let the Royal's keep Adalind and the uber special snowflake in Vienna!

On 2/17/2017 at 9:52 PM, thuganomics85 said:

I did feel bad for Wu since, unlike the rest, he basically made himself look like a creep to someone who had no idea what was really happening.  Of course, Holly is the one I really feel for, since the poor gal was basically stalked throughout her entire shift, and then gets jumped by a co-worker.  Give her a raise, dammit!

For a split second, I almost thought Wu wasn't going to have a resolution, until Monroe's birthday scene at the end of the episode.

I wonder what happened to Holly?  Did she wind up quitting?  I know she's just a one-off character, but it would have been nice to know if she went completely bonkers after what had happened, LOL!

Great episode.  This season, thus far, has been truly amazing.

I laughed so hard at Hank in the mirror that I got a cramp in my side.

On 2/17/2017 at 11:53 PM, HollyG said:

I've wondered this too. What happened to Juliet & Nick's house? I remember that Nick put a for sale sign on it but it was never mentioned again. It would make much more sense if she moved back there.

I assumed it sold.  It was a really great house in a nice neighborhood, and I've been told that Portland is a hot market.

Police captains make good money,  and it would not be outside the realm of possibility for them to  make close to six figures.

I do sense a kind of paternal affection from Renard. If he went automatically from cold bastard to gushing dad that would have been less believable to me.

One of the things that annoyed me about Meisner is that he wanted Renard to be on the right side (HW) and not BC.  Renard is a grown ass man and clearly chose BC, because they returned his kid.

Renard clearly did not want to hand over baby Diana to Viktor and would have raised the child with Adalind if not for the uber special snowflakes powers.

I did feel bad for Wu since, unlike the rest, he basically made himself look like a creep to someone who had no idea what was really happening.  

There were four men at the party (Nick, Hank, Monroe and Wu) and just three women (Rosalie, Eve and Adalind) so I'm not sure who the Wesen who cast this spell intended for Wu to fall for. Apparently Rosalie was meant to fall for Hank, because Hank drank her champagne and fell for himself. And since none of them were meant to fall for each other (which would have rendered the whole thing pointlessl), it follows that Hank must have been meant to fall for Adalind, since Nick fell for Rosalie and Monroe fell for Eve. Wu falling for Holly was an accident because the Wesen simply bumped into her, and her hair fell into the champagne. Did it nullify whoever he was supposed to fall for, and who was that supposed to be? 

Did the guy really planned who gets which glass? I thought it was random. I know there were 4 pairs of same colour drinks... and if Holly's hair fell in one glass, shouldn't the person who drank the champagne fall for her and the person who was initially mixed in there?

• Love 1
On 2/18/2017 at 5:18 PM, possibilities said:

But overall, this was way better than I've gotten used to this show being.

Lately, maybe, but this episode really sucked.  Happy to see that they mostly remember who the characters are (although Adalind and Nick is still bizarre to me), but the writers seem like they're just running out the clock.

4 hours ago, henripootel said:

Lately, maybe, but this episode really sucked.  Happy to see that they mostly remember who the characters are (although Adalind and Nick is still bizarre to me), but the writers seem like they're just running out the clock.

Sigh.  This is the part that pisses me off about Grimm / NBC.  L&O:SVU is on the same network and they hit 400 episodes two weeks ago, but the Grimm writers for whatever reason could not seem to fix their show to extend it past six seasons.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Hank was the best part of this episode.  The best love he has, is the one for himself.  Great choice of Marvin Gaye music.

Diana has really ruined the show.  She has more power than all of the adults, and now the adults look weak. 

I wonder what happens when Diana finds out who Nick's mother really is, and who killed her? 

I am surprised that Hank didn't woo Wu.

YMMV, of course.  I have always hated L&O SVU, and I dread every time I flip by the endless marathons that seem to go on forever multiple times per week on cable.  I don't like listening to characters who get on their collective soapboxes and preach.  It is annoying and out of place.  Plus, they are often hypocrites.  I know I am in the minority in terms of hating that show.  To each his own.    That said, I do think they could have found a way to keep Grimm going, but I think that ship sailed when they introduced the ever powerful Diana character.

LOL.  Yes,  L&O:SVU has hypocrites!  Grimm has a lead character who was raped by the woman that he's screwing, has a rape baby and is now having a "sister wives club" with his rapist and his ex!  

Yes, uber power special snowflake Diana and uber special snowflake JulietteEve could have both died back in s4 and that would have made me a happy Grimm fan!

• Love 1

Did the guy really planned who gets which glass? I thought it was random. 

It would have had to be planned out, otherwise the Wesen wouldn't have gotten the desired effect of everyone turning on each other. What if Nick and Adalind had been given each other's glasses, and Rosalie and Monroe had been given each other's? Both couples are already in love. It might have intensified their desire for one another, but it wouldn't have turned anyone against each other. So he had to insure everyone fell for someone who fell for someone else. Ultimately, though, two of the men were going to have to fall for the same woman, until Holly's hair conveniently fell into one of the glasses. 

• Love 1

Hank falling for himself would have been the only one to survive, right? The curse was that they die if the love is unrequited, and the spell was designed so they would each fall in love with someone who was in love with someone else. But Hank would have been ok, if obsessive?

I was really relieved when they had him get distracted and go into the hall and yell at everyone, because I didn't want to see him get it on with himself.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, possibilities said:

Hank falling for himself would have been the only one to survive, right? The curse was that they die if the love is unrequited, and the spell was designed so they would each fall in love with someone who was in love with someone else. But Hank would have been ok, if obsessive?

For some reason I thought they'd said the death was because they'd end up killing  each other over it, not that they'd straight up die due to unrequitedness+magic, but I might've been misunderstanding or misremembering. But either way yes, Hank would live.

• Love 2
On 2/18/2017 at 0:21 AM, theatremouse said:

I thought Renard's pause-realization moment was that she was probably just going to murder the kidnapper...since she's been quite murder-happy lately, hence the complete lack of worry. The least she could do was torture the dude.

When the kidnapper called Renard begging him to come and get Diana, and Renard said: "well I have a few things that I have to do, first," I couldn't stop laughing. Talk about a kidnapping gone wrong.

• Love 2
On 2/22/2017 at 7:30 AM, icemiser69 said:

I have always hated L&O SVU.  Plus, they are often hypocrites.  I know I am in the minority in terms of hating that show. 

Save me a seat at your table.  I thoroughly loath the "Sadism and Voyeurism Unit" and think they are vile hypocrites.

• Love 2
On 2/25/2017 at 2:44 PM, jhlipton said:

Save me a seat at your table.  I thoroughly loath the "Sadism and Voyeurism Unit" and think they are vile hypocrites.

My son will join you. L&O SVU used to be his favorite show. He loves police procedurals. But he gave it up last year because he said it was boring and repetitive and he was annoyed with the characters. He gave up on Grimm last year too - though he says he will binge this final season once it's over and done. 

I have never been able to watch L&O:SVU.  So we need a bigger table.

Loved this episode of Grimm.  It was great for Valentine's Day and offered some relief from the relentless rain of Portland. 

They gave the fans a taste of Nick and Rosalee. The look on DG’s face as he professed his love was hilarious.

Awww David and his season 1 hair in the flashbacks.

Love that Renard was like ‘My baby girl can take care of herself’

Diana continues to be blunt in her interrogations. ‘Are you sad Nick’s not your boyfriend anymore? Do you want him back?’

If you didn’t know better, Nick sitting back with coffee and wishing Diana a good time at her dad’s was cute.

So Diana does remember Kelly (her other mommy) and Juliet appropriately remembered her role in her death. If Diana were to ever find out…

With all the stuff Diana is cooking, Renard’s gonna lose those abs or have to hit the gym extra hard. I love that they’re showing them actually doing dad and daughter stuff and having conversations and showing us their bonding. Sure it’s filler, but it allows for funny moments and also sets up that Diana’s loyalties to Renard aren’t just for plot, she’s spent time with him and he with her and they have a bond.

Diana DGAF about secrets or anyone else’s agendas.

Adalind just up and leaving baby Kelly to kiss Monroe was hilarious. Hank singing to himself was funny, but damn, is that not a statement about Hank’s series long love life issues. Nick’s look of disgust at Juliet and Monroe at Adalind and then Nick and Monroe toe to toe at each other was all great. Nick dropping to his knees in anguish. Dead.

The way Hank could die would be that he becomes so preoccupied with admiring himself in the mirror that he just can’t look away or leave and he starves to death. Or he uh…can’t stop physically loving himself and starves to death.

Rosalee needs her own damn show. The way she sleuthed it out in record time and took charge and took on that wesen. The woman continues to be amazing.

I feel like this episode was the fun one to allow the cast to have fun and celebrate Grimm as from here on out bodies will be dropping and some cast members may not have been there to the end. It’s just too bad Trubel wasn’t in on the fun.

On 2/17/2017 at 10:58 PM, AuxArx said:

A little Ransom of Red Chief going on there.

Looks like others thought of this, as well.... Crime does not pay!

As for SUV, agreed..... I'd rather watch infomercials. 

Wu probably would have fallen in love with Adelind except he never saw her that morning.  He saw Holly, and so he fell for her.   

Loved the episode, except for the mirror. 

I hope we have seen the last of Black Claw, and the government agency stuff. That is what ruined the show for me.  Diana is annoying, and could have just been left in the hands of the resistance. 

I love the Case of the week.  They could have gone on with that for years.  

I thought Eve was staying with them because she wasn't safe by herself? 

Edited by mythoughtis