Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Blind Love

Rosalee surprises Monroe with a getaway for his birthday and invites most of the gang to join them. Things take a shocking turn when a hotel employee targets Nick in an effort to avenge his father. Meanwhile, Eve gets a visit from a dark force that she has seen before. Elsewhere, Capt. Renard spends the weekend with Diana when a former ally decides to get even.

I loved this episode! It was a nice change of pace. So funny! I LMAO at Hank falling in love with himself.

Renard, you do NOT get Father of the year. Ever. I know Diana has awesome powers but she gets kidnapped and you do nothing! And then leave her with a scary guy overnight! I know she ended up beating the crap out of the guy but...damn!

Does Nick and co. Need to stay hidden anymore? If not, why don't they move from that depressing loft? There's scary tunnels with neon graffiti on the walls, hardly any Windows, if any, and now there's a demon living in the bathroom mirror. What a way to make nice childhood memories for baby Kelly. 

• Love 10

It's funny, when Renard stopped panicking I thought he was under some sort of spell. It took me until the Lt. called Renard to realize that Renard stopped panicking because he knew Diana would be fine.

In other news shirtless Renard is hot but, Casual Renard is dead sexy.

I wasn't thrilled with the rest. It seemed out of place with everything else that has been going on.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 8

Granted, characters getting possessed by a love spell is nothing new to the genre, but I still was cracking up over how it all turned out. Monroe falling for Eve.  Nick falling for Rosalee.  Adalind falling for Monroe.  But nothing can top Hank falling in love with himself.  Russell Hornsby was having a blast!  That said, I did find it noticeable that they seemed too gun shy to have anyone fall for someone of the same sex.  Since Hank drunk two glasses, I thought for sure he was going to fall for Wu too, but alas, it was not to be.  They sure were lucky Rosalee was pregnant though!  She's really the only one in the group that I could see actually figuring this out before it was too late. 

I did feel bad for Wu since, unlike the rest, he basically made himself look like a creep to someone who had no idea what was really happening.  Of course, Holly is the one I really feel for, since the poor gal was basically stalked throughout her entire shift, and then gets jumped by a co-worker.  Give her a raise, dammit!

Is that a real hotel they filmed at?  Because it and the surrounding area was gorgeous.  For all the flaws this show has, I will miss seeing different parts of Portland.

The Renard and Diana B-plot had me dying.  Renard realizing what happened and just strolling away all "Oh, he just fucked himself, royally!" was one of the greatest moments ever on this show.  Have a feeling that it will a "secret" for them though.

So, now there is some kind of green-eye skull coming out of Nick's mirror?  Oh, Grimm!

Overall, a filler episode, but I enjoyed it.  I also liked the flashbacks.  The Monroe/Rosalee stuff was great as always, but I really liked seeing Nick and Monroe from the pilot again and when they met.  David Giuntoli looked so much younger back then!

• Love 16

Loved tonight's show...a little different than usual but all the pairings made it fun to watch.  And Hank falling in love with himself was the best!  

Also liked the kidnaping gone wrong which was also funny (but probably not to the hapless kidnapper).  A little Ransom of Red Chief going on there.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Babalooie said:

Hank stole the show!

Absolutely! I loved the entire episode, but Hank was laugh out loud hysterical.

21 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Loved tonight's show...a little different than usual but all the pairings made it fun to watch.  And Hank falling in love with himself was the best!  

Also liked the kidnaping gone wrong which was also funny (but probably not to the hapless kidnapper).  A little Ransom of Red Chief going on there.

Yes, Ransom of Red Chief. The first time I read it I was around 9, and the grade school librarian had to ask me to be quiet. I've read it several times since my childhood and I recommend it for everyone.

• Love 6

Nick and Adalind and Eve/Juliette and everyone being one big happy group is still hard for me to take, and a lot of the histrionics were kind of predictable. But let me add to the chorus of how awesome Hank was. 

I haven't enjoyed Renard this much in a long time. Love the suits, but . . . wow: let's have casual Friday more often! And that look of realization that Diana is NOT the one in danger here, followed by his little smirks throughout the rest of the episode as his enemy gets his comeuppance -- awesome! I get the sense that he is the only one who really gets a kick out of Diana's badassery (as long as it is directed at an appropriate target). He loves his little sociopath!

Edited by tpel
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I loved this episode! It was a nice change of pace. So funny! I LMAO at Hank falling in love with himself.

Renard, you do NOT get Father of the year. Ever. I know Diana has awesome powers but she gets kidnapped and you do nothing! And then leave her with a scary guy overnight! I know she ended up beating the crap out of the guy but...damn!

Does Nick and co. Need to stay hidden anymore? If not, why don't they move from that depressing loft? There's scary tunnels with neon graffiti on the walls, hardly any Windows, if any, and now there's a demon living in the bathroom mirror. What a way to make nice childhood memories for baby Kelly. 

It is six years later and Nick IS still keeping secrets!  WTF?!  Nick never told Hank or Juliette about his Grimm heritage and he never told Renard about BC & HW or that he knew Adalind was regaining her powers.  I hope all of the Scoobies yell at Nick and remind him that shit happens when he keeps secrets.  Ass.hat!

• Love 1

Why IS Juliette living with Nick, Adalind, Diana and Kelly?!  Are we supposed to believe that JulietteEve does NOT have any money or can not bunk somewhere else besides at the frome?  I kept hoping Diana would just kill JulietteEve and end this nonsense once and for all.  By the way, where IS Diana sleeping since JulietteEve has swiped her bed?!

Edited by Darklazr
  • Love 5

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all? Yep, Hank. Who stole the show.

I laughed the entire episode. It was fun.

Beautiful lake scenery at whatever resort it was.

It was kinda cute when Diana was baking cookies for her dad and also making pancakes. Renard will probably never have to worry about any disrespectful boyfriends in the future as his little girl can certainly take care of herself. Poor kidnapper - who'd probably pay Renard to get Little Miss PK out of his hair. Renard did look really good super-casual. Do love his place. How he affords that on his meagre police chief salary is a wonder.

Felt sorry for Holly. Wu was not his usual self and she had to put up with being collateral damage at that waiter's ill-thought plan.

At least Rosalee was not subjected to the spell.

Nick, your warehouse loft is depressing. I'd probably not use the bathroom if it was that bleak. And now some demon-thing is looking through the mirror? The moving truck would be hauling the stuff out the door as fast as I could get one.

• Love 4

Yep, I was thinking "The Ransom of Red Chief," too. Great episode. I was LOL. Hank was hysterical, and the cheesy music they played was perfect. The clock cake was neat.

If they are going to keep living in that loft (because of the tunnel, I guess), at least redecorate! Brighten it up, for crying out loud!

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 2

I thought Renard's pause-realization moment was that she was probably just going to murder the kidnapper...since she's been quite murder-happy lately, hence the complete lack of worry. The least she could do was torture the dude.

At the dinner initially I was worried this was going to be a fucking clip show and was ready to be pissed, but A Midsummer Night's Grimm was damn funny.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Renard realizing what happened and just strolling away all "Oh, he just fucked himself, royally!" was one of the greatest moments ever on this show.

Yes! That entire subplot had me rolling on the floor! And Diana's casual let's-do-this-again-soon to the kidnapper when she finally had to leave with Daddy! 

I found the Cupid plot quite cute too - especially Hank falling in love with himself was just made of awesome! So like the tale of Narcissus. Who/what was demon mirror? What is Renard going to do with the tunnel drawings?

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Darklazr said:

Why IS Juliette living with Nick, Adalind, Diana and Kelly?!  Are we supposed to believe that JulietteEve does NOT have any money or can bunk somewhere else besides at the frome?  I kept hoping Diana would just kill JulietteEve and end this nonsense once and for all.  By the way, where IS Diana sleeping since JulietteEve has swiped her bed?!

I've wondered this too. What happened to Juliet & Nick's house? I remember that Nick put a for sale sign on it but it was never mentioned again. It would make much more sense if she moved back there.

• Love 2

I can’t believe I’m actually typing these words, but, I loved Diana! When they showed her flapping her hand back & forth with her eyes glowing while we could hear the guy slamming into the walls, I seriously laughed, & she thought it was a play date LOL. Hank was also hysterical, the whole episode was funny, so much better than last season.

• Love 5

Ha, this episode just reinforced my paranoia about how you never know who might spit in your drink!

I know I've been saying that Adalind and Renard need to teach Diana to control her magic, but it's hard for me to get upset about her easily tossing around a guy who kidnapped her. Renard, on the other hand, gets demerits for being a sucky father and making absolutely no effort to find her. Sure, she can take care of herself, but that doesn't mean she should have to while he sits back and chills. She is a powerful child, but she is still a CHILD and it's his responsibility to be the parent.

And now we know that Diana is the worst secret keeper ever. "Mommy said I can't tell you about the symbols I saw in the tunnel."

Hank falling in love with himself and singing "Let's Get It On" to himself in the mirror was hilarious. Monroe and Wu trying to convince Holly and Eve of their love was amusing. I especially enjoyed Eve's reaction to Monroe's flowery speech: "Okay." For once her complete lack of affect came in handy! The plot reminded me of two Buffy episodes: Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered (Xander casts a spell that accidentally makes every female except Cordelia fall in love with him to the point here they are fighting each other and rioting) and All the Way (Dawn, Buffy, Anya, and Willow all fall in love with Dawn's crush and they will resort to suicide, murder, and bank robbery to win his love).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 6

Ha, this episode just reinforced my paranoia about how you never know who might spit in your drink!

I turned to Mr. Thog and told him that "Demon Loogie" is the name of my new band.

Yep, at first I thought this was derivative of the several Buffy and Angel storylines in which spells made the wrong people fall for each other. But the Hank scenes totally put this over the top. I haven't enjoyed Grimm this much in years!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I know I've been saying that Adalind and Renard need to teach Diana to control her magic, but it's hard for me to get upset about her easily tossing around a guy who kidnapped her. Renard, on the other hand, gets demerits for being a sucky father and making absolutely no effort to find her. Sure, she can take care of herself, but that doesn't mean she should have to while he sits back and chills. She is a powerful child, but she is still a CHILD and it's his responsibility to be the parent.

I'm glad you said this, I was going to have to be Debbie Downer myself about the weaponization (essentially) of Diana.  Yay that she could take care of herself, but Renard had no idea that Diana wouldn't kill the guy before he found out where she was being held.  She is acting so babyish in other ways, I'm not sure she would find her way home easily.  And obviously, making fun and games out of it was not smart.  She has too much power and it can go against daddy dearest in the future. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Evagirl said:

Reality check - unless Renard is independently wealthy, there is just no way a police captain can afford anywhere near the house he lives in.  At least not an honest police captain.

Renard's wealth was addressed when he and his mother were at his new condo.  Renard said his mother had a fortune!

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

In other news shirtless Renard is hot but, Casual Renard is dead sexy.

Oh my goodness, jeans and sweater have never looked sexier.  I was drooling.....

Great episode overall, from Renard letting the kidnapper suffer for picking on the wrong kid to Hank in his boxers singing Marvin Gaye to his own reflection.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Darklazr said:
2 hours ago, Evagirl said:

Reality check - unless Renard is independently wealthy, there is just no way a police captain can afford anywhere near the house he lives in.  At least not an honest police captain.

Renard's wealth was addressed when he and his mother were at his new condo.  Renard said his mother had a fortune!

Well, that plus she was the mistress of a King!  Renard may be a bastard (both literally and in the figurative sense) but he's still the son of said King.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Thog said:

Yep, at first I thought this was derivative of the several Buffy and Angel storylines in which spells made the wrong people fall for each other.

All of those storylines were derivative of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, which this episode was riffing on, given Wu's Shakespearean wooing language.

When Hank's eyes flashed purple, like Diana's, I initially got really worried that it would turn out that the hair taken from Adalind's brush would turn out to be Diana's, and then things would get really icky. I was so relieved and amused when he fell madly in love with himself.

What was rather icky was Juliette/Eve on the trip where Adalind and Nick were being all couple-y. Yeah, Hexenbiest Juliette did some awful things, but she became a Hexenbiest because of the things Adalind did to her and Nick, particularly raping Nick to take away his Grim powers, which led to Juliette having to be part of a spell to restore them. That just makes the whole thing a huge mess, with Adalind getting all the rewards of being in a relationship and having a baby with a man she spent years tormenting by attacking Juliette. Every time I see Nick and Adalind together, I get queasy.

I pretty much hate Diana and consider her to be rather evil -- I suspect she'll end up on Team Renard against the good guys -- but I was very amused by what happened with her kidnapper. He had it coming.

• Love 5

OK, I don't even care that this was another pointless filler episode - it was easily the funniest they've written in years and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had so much fun watching the actors have fun, I even got a kick of out little Diana's antics, which is something I thought I'd never say. But that just goes to show how happy I was with the episode as a whole. It even cracked me up when the kidnapper said Renard had stabbed him in the back and Diana responded "No, that was Mr. Bonaparte." LOL.

If I had to nitpick . . . it's still kind of hard to believe Renard would just calm down and realize Diana can take care of herself. Clearly someone managed to subdue her, and if they kept her knocked out they could in fact kill her. He was relying on her being awake and in possession of her faculties. And that guy Diana was throwing around the warehouse should have been dead. I also didn't care for the preview-open with the "36 hours ago" gimmick. That just kind of gave away the joke.

That said, I did find it noticeable that they seemed too gun shy to have anyone fall for someone of the same sex.

Well - Hank kind of did! To be fair, the spell did not (and possibly could not) change their orientation - just the object of their desire.

• Love 3

"JulietteEve does NOT have any money"

...  it seems like Nick pocketed the cash from selling her house. Or maybe they walked away and let it go into foreclosure. It was also indirectly his fault that she developed her hexenbiest syndrome.

Yes, Renard and Hank were pretty good. In the acting sort of devolved in the middle of the episode. They also saw the gateway to hell in his mirror and responded saying "whoa! creepy" then moved on. It probably has something to do with the stick being nearby.

Renard's house is nice. If he were worried about security, I don't know if he should have so many windows. In the first season, he lived in a high rise in the Pearl district. Then he moved to this house on the buff above the railroad tracks (or if not this house, it's somewhere nearby). https://www.google.com/maps/@45.549169,-122.6840234,3a,60y,270h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBe-Yfci4-W48mXGQFt22UA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 I cannot tell if they are still using the same house, or somehow have him at a third spot after leaving the Black claw house (which is across the street from Irvington club) because they just show interiors. It could possibly be somewhere in the SW Hills, which is the really wealthy area of town.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=&bih=&btnG=Search&q=columbia+gorge+hotel

Edited by ottilie
  • Love 1

So confused at first by Renard going from panic to "whatevs" at Diana's disappearance.  At first I thought he decided he didn't want a daughter anymore!  But then I figured out he'd realized she could take care of herself very well.  Still seemed kind of cold.  Besides, I thought Diana had some kind of protection that would repel an attacker even if she weren't conscious - maybe I'm thinking of Wyatt from Charmed.  When she was a baby she could do all kinds of things to protect herself - but I guess they're saying she was sentient even as a newborn?  Wait a minute - Continuity Fairy doesn't work on this show!  Silly me!

So, waiters really do spit in your food/drink if they don't like you?  At least they do if they are a Cupiditas!  That was kind of funny.

Loved Rosalee's "that comes later, Bub" line and the cookies-pancakes-both conversation with Diana and Renard.

It was a filler episode but I enjoyed it anyway since they really concentrated on the relationships and characters.  Also liked seeing Rosalee Woge - she rarely Woges and I liked seeing her in "protect my husband/family/friends" mode against the Cupiditas.

Not really important, but why did Hank fall in love with himself?  I guess he got his own hair in his glass since that's what Rosalee would have gotten if she hadn't refused the drink, but didn't he have two glasses?  He might have gotten a sip of Adaland's hair too, I guess, but maybe he just didn't drink any from that one.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Blue Plastic said:

Not really important, but why did Hank fall in love with himself?  I guess he got his own hair in his glass since that's what Rosalee would have gotten if she hadn't refused the drink, but didn't he have two glasses? 

Yes, he took both the glass meant for him and the one that would've been for Rosalee, and presumably either only drank the one meant for Rosaleee once he had both, or even if he drank both, since he saw himself first, that spell kicked in first and the other didn't? Or something.

• Love 3

Agree. when Marvin Gaye started "I've been really tryin' baby..." that was hilarious!!!  I LOL again when Nick was on his knees screaming "ROSALEEEEEEE"!  I'm going to save this episode for quite a while 'cause every now and then I need to laugh just to laugh.

• Love 7

That was fun! 

My first thought when Diana was grabbed was "why didn't she fight?" And then I realized he had put something over her face - which probably knocked her out. But I figured once she woke up, the kidnapper would be in a heap of trouble.

and it was so funny when Renard realized that too! I thought maybe he should call in the kidnapping, but I I don't think the PD would've been able to do anything before Diana herself did something. I figured Renard was just lounging around, waiting for the inevitable phone call from the kidnapper making demands. 

All if Diana's scenes with the kidnapper were funny! And I'm guessing that maybe Diana will facilitate Juliette reuniting with Nick so that her own parents can be together. And the callback to her "other mommy"  Kelly was great!

Protective badass - and pregnant! - Rosalie will never get old!

• Love 2

To be honest, I don't really think pancakes are all that different than cookies in terms of nutrition. After you slap on the syrup, it's all equally sweet and carby.

I wish the actress didn't recite Diana's lines so robotically. This episode made me see her as a more age-appropriate child who's not necessarily evil, just too powerful for her level of development, but adding the robotic tone makes it hard to respond to the efforts to humanize her.

I am still extremely squicked by the Nick-Adalind relationship.

But overall, this was way better than I've gotten used to this show being.

• Love 3

It is glaringly obvious that Diana is not a "normal" 8 or 9 year old.  Apparently she doesn't go to school, so I am assuming she is being home schooled because of her lack of control over her powers.  This is where both her crazy mama and crazy daddy need to step up and teach this child that she is special and as such, there are certain things that are just no-no.  She doesn't run, she doesn't giggle, she doesn't even play.  She's like a little android, devoid of feelings or even a conscience.  She can sense despair, unhappiness, and other emotions in others, but she doesn't seem to have any herself.  I think she's being directed to perform in a wooden monotone type of way.  Why, I don't know.  If I were Nick, I'd be afraid she might hurt Kelly out of jealousy.

• Love 4

I loved this episode I know Grimm gets a lot of criticism for it's plots but they write friendships very well. I was angry with Renard Diana is your daughter you need to protect her I think he wanted Diana to get rid of Grosante for him based on the flashback we saw.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Evagirl said:

I LOL again when Nick was on his knees screaming "ROSALEEEEEEE"!  I'm going to save this episode for quite a while 'cause every now and then I need to laugh just to laugh.

David Giuntoli looked hilarious doing this.  He looked like he was enjoying it.

I liked Juliette/Eve having to be reminded of her part in Kelly 1.0's death.  Glad they are not using the "My name is Eve and I don't feel anything" shtick anymore.

Totally forgot about Skeletor in the mirror.  If I saw that thing appearing in a mirror in front of me, you'd best be believing I'd get out of there pronto.  Braindead Juliette just stands there waiting for it to suck her in.  She didn't even back up a couple of inches!  It was sort of odd that Skeletor seemed to be able to "see" Nick and he saw it, so it wasn't just a vision or something for just Juliette.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Evagirl said:

It is glaringly obvious that Diana is not a "normal" 8 or 9 year old.  Apparently she doesn't go to school, so I am assuming she is being home schooled because of her lack of control over her powers.  This is where both her crazy mama and crazy daddy need to step up and teach this child that she is special and as such, there are certain things that are just no-no.  She doesn't run, she doesn't giggle, she doesn't even play.  She's like a little android, devoid of feelings or even a conscience.  She can sense despair, unhappiness, and other emotions in others, but she doesn't seem to have any herself.  I think she's being directed to perform in a wooden monotone type of way.  Why, I don't know.  If I were Nick, I'd be afraid she might hurt Kelly out of jealousy.

I think Diana uses her powers to protect her parents and her baby brother is no threat. I'm surprised she hasn't tried to harm Nick at her father's urging. I think she's been raised around adults and has no idea how to act like a little girl;

• Love 2

When she was talking about mama-Kelly it occurred to me someone ought to tell her that's Nick's mother (since it seemed like she didn't know since she said "like my brother" as if the correlation were not obvious). Would probably make her less likely to knee jerk kill Nick if he ever annoys her.

And then I thought, maybe they don't want to get into it if she considers Kelly her other mommy that'd make Nick her brother, which would make baby Kelly both her brother and nephew.

• Love 4

Oh yeah...that sounds familiarish...then again, why did Diana sound so disconnected about baby Kelly being named after mama Kelly?

...oh right, because the actress is terrible and plays everything as if she doesn't understand anything that goes on ever about anything.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, AuxArx said:

A little Ransom of Red Chief going on there.

My thought as well.

13 hours ago, Evagirl said:

At least not an honest police captain.

Have you met Renard????  LOL

9 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

All of those storylines were derivative of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, which this episode was riffing on, given Wu's Shakespearean wooing language.

As well as the opening quote, which is from Helena's speech in Act 1.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

As well as the opening quote, which is from Helena's speech in Act 1.

And the music by Felix Mendelssohn-Bartholdy from Balanchine's ballet. The waiter woging into Puck was a bit of a giveaway.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Evagirl said:

He's from a royal family, so I assume he is independently wealthy. BTW, why are you applying a "reality check" to Grimm? ;-)

• Love 7